Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,255 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Forgiven By Glowingscenes - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Forgiven By Glowingscenes (32469 Views)

Beautiful Wings By Glowingscenes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 8:16pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hello everyone! It's glowingscenes once again and here's a new story of mine. I do hope you enjoy but most importantly, be impacted by the story. Don't forget to spread the word as usual. Much love guys! xo

Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”

Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven”-Mathew 18:21-22

June 2010

Erin worked tirelessly at the task at hand, hoping she would be able to finish editing the 50 page file she had been given by her Boss’s P.A even though she was yet to type out the details of the meeting they had attended yesterday with one of the company’s sponsors. Sulola had sent it to her mail just this morning which was later than expected and she couldn’t complain due to her role in the office. It was only a month since she’d been employed as an intern in Otaiku Enterprises and she wasn’t ready to jeopardize the rest of months she had left. The stipend she was to get at the end of each month meant a lot, neither did she want to get a bad recommendation for a future job.

Apart from the fact that it was one of the top companies in Nigeria, it was also a reputable one that would boost her CV and her reputation. Besides, she needed a good report back in school that would boost her grades. Her grades were not something to write home about at the moment and the excuse of her mother passing away last year due to cancer wasn’t going to stand up for her when she was going to graduate next year. It was only by the grace of God she had gotten the job. Her father’s job as a civil worker was modest enough to carry her through her program but he’d taken to drinking of late since their mother’s death and it affected his job. She just hoped they wouldn’t be relieving him from his duties pretty soon.

He was only 55.

“Look who’s here…” Chima, a fellow intern who worked opposite her jerked her back to the present and she refocused on the task at hand as she couldn’t afford to make mistakes.

“Don’t you have work to do than disturb?” She tried to tease him but the strain in her voice hindered her from achieving her aim. Her stomach growled in affirmation of why she was probably tensed and had a nagging headache lingering right in front of her head. It was enough to remind her of how she woke up early each day to take the BRT that was destined for Victoria Island.

“When it comes to goals, Mr Otaiku is one man I doff my hat for anyday anytime.” She looked up to see nothing but admiration in Chima’s eyes.

She turned to take a glance at her colleague’s idol and she had to admit he was right. She’d only seen the man on a few occasions and he obviously didn’t know someone like her existed as he had pretty much going on in his world. He looked so young she wondered when he established a company that had made a name for itself. He had affiliations with the likes of Dangote and Adenuga and she couldn’t help but admire him at that moment. She was sure the ladies had eyes for him too. He reeked of wealth even though he’d worn only a plain white shirt with the Ralph Lauren logo on and a pair of chinos and loafers. There was a tiny part of her heart that wondered what it would be like to be married to a man like that, to have people stare at her like way.

“See how you’ve joined the gang of staring ladies…”

She blinked and turned back to the computer screen embarrassed that she’d been caught but glad that her thoughts were only within the confines of her heart.

“I wasn’t staring…”

“Yes, you were. You know he’s married right?”

Her throat went dry. Had she been lusting after a married man? That had completely skipped her mind as she watched him and admired his physique and features. His nicely cropped hair and matted beard, his smile as Sulola spoke with him as they both headed to the office. All she had seen was male, nothing else.

“I’m only 23…” and not attractive enough to stop a man’s attention. She was a five foot 4 with features that she termed ordinary. Brown eyes, relaxed hair and chipped nail polish that she often forgot to rub off. She battled with acne a few times and they were beginning to show her mercy recently as she wasn’t fortunate to splurge on beauty products. She was also watching her weight though she was currently weighing 65kg and her plump features were not so bad that it deflated her ego. She believed she was doing great and aimed for 60kg. But right now, with her poor diet and the way she rushed out of the house and left the office late each day, she believed she would be spiraling down 60 or less than pretty soon.

“And he’s only 41.” Chima winked mischievously and she rolled her eyes, disgusted at his suggestion.

“Face your work Chima and leave me alone. If you want to marry the man, go ahead.”

Her colleague seemed offended at her statement and took the cue to leave her alone. He should learn to mind his business and keep his tongue in check when he talked to her about things like that. She wasn’t one of those women that went after married men, neither was she ready to get married. She still had a lot to think of, like her younger sister, her father and most importantly herself.

Tahir Otaiku ran a hand on his head a few minutes after he hung up the call. He was happy that some of their investors from South Africa, China and France had confirmed they would be coming over in about four weeks’ time and he had to start making arrangements and hotel bookings. Good luck had been abundant upon his life ever since he began the philanthropy organization and he couldn’t have wished for a better dream. His P.A had kept him up to date with other events that were coming up this week and with MediaConsult who were eager to promote the upcoming brand name. His name was becoming a household name and he couldn’t help but bask in the fame.

His joy was short-lived the moment his eyes settled on the beautiful woman staring back at him in the picture frame on the table. She looked young and happy no doubt, but the happiness on her face was masked by the battle they fought every night he got home and was reminded of the situation that threatened their marriage. He loved her, was crazy about her the way he’d been when he first set his eyes on her 9 years ago. He’d attended an event hosted by her father in celebration of his life at 50 and ever since he was unable to take his eyes off her. A woman of high societal status, her wealth wasn’t the only thing speaking for her. Her brain and curves did and she was just like her name. Oyindamola. Honey mixed with wealth.

He’d never trade anyone for her.

But time seemed to be running out on them both and he was reminded of this by both parents. Their anniversary was in one weeks’ time. He’d always been the romantic one and he had made plans for them both already. He knew she was used to it, but it was one reason why their marriage was still together. He was the spontaneous one and she loved the spontaneity. He just wished things were better and she had what she wanted. He only thought of it because he needed someone to carry his name to the next generation, someone only Oyinda could give. It was the reason why they were not looking into adoption.

Perhaps, God would shine his face on them someday and send them the children they so desired. His wife had visited churches enough and had gone through a lot. He only wished it was easier than it seemed.

A call came through bringing his mind back to the present. There were many things to do rather than sit down and brood about a child. Right now, it was time to rule the world.

www.myglowingscenes.com

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by oludebby90(f): 7:34pm On Jan 25, 2017
Following. ....more more more

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by TemmyB18(f): 8:23pm On Jan 25, 2017
I'm so following this till the end.

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:17am On Jan 26, 2017
Interestin

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by saraphina(f): 9:01am On Jan 26, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Interestin
u too like waka this woman.shey u no tire ni?
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by queenDD(f): 11:26am On Jan 26, 2017
Yaay! Glowingscenes is back. i'm following till the end.

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 8:32pm On Jan 26, 2017
“I’m afraid I’ll have to give you a query to avoid this lackadaisical attitude of yours repeating itself next time.”

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 8:33pm On Jan 26, 2017
queenDD:
Yaay! Glowingscenes is back. i'm following till the end.
cheesy cheesy Don't forget to spread the good news o. Thank you dear. Xx

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 8:33pm On Jan 26, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Interestin
Thanks!
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 8:34pm On Jan 26, 2017
TemmyB18:
I'm so following this till the end.
Thank you Temmy!
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by oludebby90(f): 10:59pm On Jan 26, 2017
Nexxxxxttttt
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by Kusibe77(m): 3:23am On Jan 27, 2017
sits

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 27, 2017
Thank God Am Not Late Let Me Jejele Take My Seat, Wehdone Sis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by triplemmm3(f): 9:37am On Jan 27, 2017
Nice story, pls give us another update
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by Missmossy(f): 11:32am On Jan 27, 2017
Interesting plot cheesy keep it up.
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by Ego2(f): 9:05pm On Jan 27, 2017
Finally she's here, cool story ma'am. waiting for an update on ur blog
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2017
Chapter 2

Erin stared at the woman unable to comprehend what just happened and what the woman was saying. She didn’t know when the tears pricked. What she’d been running to avoid had come hitting her in the face and right now, she wasn’t aware what was going to happen. All she could ascertain was Miss Sulola disliked every inch of her and was ready to make the number of months she had here miserable.

“When you’re done, bring it into my office. I have many more important things to attend to than an IT student.” The woman turned to leave.

“Women…their own worst enemies.” Chima snorted giving her a sympathetic smile. “She’s probably on her period.”

Erin settled back into the chair and worked on sending the document to the printer. Right now, the thought of receiving a query letter frightened her.

Oh God this is not good at all.

Her mind brainstormed what she could do, anything she could think of. Could she beg her? The thought made her cringe. She loathed the lady but right now, her referral, grades and school report were dependent on this and even if she needed to beg the woman, she would.

She went to retrieve the documents from the printer and found her way to the main office which was adjacent to Mr Otaiku’s office, praying on the way and hoping her begging wouldn’t make things worse. What if she insisted that she had to leave? That would be so embarrassing. She surreptiously scanned the cubicles where people were occupied with several things and inhaled deeply.

I have to do this.

“Oh yea, I have to work tonight. My Boss is a workaholic y’know and I need to keep up with him if I want to keep my job…” She knocked on the sliding door made of glass and pushed gently when she heard “Yea?”

She placed the documents on her table and bent low once again. The lady gestured with her newly manicured nails with her earpiece on while she continued typing into her screen. She stood waiting for her to acknowledge her but she didn’t.

When she finally looked up, she raised an eyebrow as if to ask, “What?”

“I would like to—“

“Sweetheart, can I talk to you later? Yea, take care. Bye.”

“Yea?” Her brows went up again but this time in irritation. “This had better be good young lady.”

“I’m here to apologise to you ma.” She bent again. “Please ma, it won’t repeat itself.”

“Please leave my office.” She snapped rolling her eyes. “What do you want people to think?”

“Ma, please. It wasn’t intentional…” A tear slipped and another. She went on her knees when she saw the woman wasn’t moved. “Please, I ask that you just give me another chance, I have never been late. You can ask Chima. I would never—“

“Sue, do you mind calling…” Mr Otaiku stopped the moment he saw what was going on and pulled the door wider to have a good understanding of things.

“What’s going on here?” He glanced from his P.A to Erin. “Who is this young lady and why is she crying and kneeling in my office?”

“Nothing sir, the young woman was just taking her leave.” She gave her the eye and Erin was torn between begging her main boss and ignoring his P.A

There was really nothing to loose and she risked it.

“I came late. I-it wasn’t intentional sir. My mum passed away a few weeks ago and I’m left to look after my Dad and little sister. I have never been late before. I swear to God…”

“Who is she?” He cut in obviously not interested in her story and her heart raced. Had she gotten herself into more trouble.

“She’s the IT student we took into our organization last month sir.”

“And did you fire her?”

Sulola’s eyes widened. “At all sir. I would never do that. It’s not in my hands to do that. I just said I would give her a query letter and she was here being a drama queen.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:05pm On Jan 28, 2017
Sulola jst dey form oya dab abi? By d way, i luv dat name - Sulola

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by iiru: 5:23am On Jan 29, 2017
happy to have you here. following ...

2 Likes

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 29, 2017
Nyc Story U Gat Here,

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by Odinz(m): 1:41pm On Jan 29, 2017
Nice story

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 5:15pm On Jan 29, 2017
Odinz:
Nice story
Thanks!
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2017
holuwanoisy111:
Nyc Story U Gat Here,
Thank you!
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 5:18pm On Jan 29, 2017
iiru:
happy to have you here. following ...
Thanks!
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 5:18pm On Jan 29, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Sulola jst dey form oya dab abi? By d way, i luv dat name - Sulola
cheesy cheesy
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by triplemmm3(f): 7:45pm On Jan 29, 2017
Following
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2017
Waiting for more episode pls dont keep me waiting
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2017
holuwanoisy111:
Waiting for more episode pls dont keep me waiting
Hi, please go to the blog and check out the updates. thanks.
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2017
Mr Otaiku smiled softly and his eyes settled on her for a brief moment. “She’s not going to give you a query, and please don’t come late next time okay? And please get up from the floor. This isn’t a boarding house where we punish students by kneeling.”

She rose immediately. “Thank you so much sir.” She carelessly wiped her face with her hands and realized her nose was already drooling. She knew she was a sight and a mess with the way Sulola made a face at her and Otaiku went back in. Just as she was about leaving, he returned with a box of Kleenex.

“Here you go.”

She bent again, awed by the man’s kindness. She wanted to pick one but he pushed it into her hands. “Keep it on your desk. I know women love having tissues around them.”

“I’m grateful sir.”

“And I’m sorry about your mum. If you need any help, just let me know okay? I mean what’s life without being there for each other.” He smiled at her again, hands in his nicely tailored pants pocket and turned to his P.A “Please call Abbey to remind him of our meeting by 5 after my board meeting. I should be able to see him then. I don’t want him giving excuses like the last time.”

That was the last thing she heard as she walked back to her seat and settled on the chair still dazed by what had happened there. Her disappointment had suddenly turned to blessing and her day had finally turned out to be a good one.

She wondered if this was another part of her dream which she would soon wake up from. Her Boss was such a kind man and she was certain he was godly too. She couldn’t imagine how Miss Sulola was feeling right now. Her plan had not suceded because God came through for her. The woman was probably one monitoring spirit they sent to monitor her and wish her evil. Maybe those that gave her mother the spiritual disease that turned out to be cancer in the physical.

God was on her side and she was definitely not going to succeed. Mr Otaiku was probably her guardian angel. Sweet, charming and pleasant. Today was the first day she would see him eye to eye and if not for her present predicament, she would have swooned. How could one man be so endowed like that? Fine cheek bones that dipped when he smiled, revealing fine dimples. She saw his hands and his nails too, much better than hers and lean long fingers displaying his wedding ring.

His wife must be so lucky to have someone with dark brown eyes and sensous lips kissing her and speaking beautiful words to her at night unlike her who was unable to sustain a relationship. Her first one had been at the age of 20 and her last one ended last year before her mum died. The guy had been pretty selfish and kept bugging her for sex. Though they’d done a few things close to sex and was trying to abstain because it was the right thing to do, she just couldn’t cope with his demands.

“How far?” Chima broke into her thoughts the moment she sat down at the computer to continue her work for the day. “You look like you were crying? Everything okay?”

“I’m fine Chima, thank you.” She placed the box on the desk they both shared and smiled again.

God give me someone like my Boss. Loving, kind and faithful

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2017
“You’re right on time for gist.” Laide teased the moment Erin came in to join them at the back for the worker’s meeting which she almost forgot was happening today. She had to cook for Wura and her father before leaving as she knew she would be getting home by 9p.m. She wasn’t going to oversleep today and she was glad it wasn’t a vigil though they knew better than to organize a vigil during the weekday though there was one this weekend.

“What gist?” She glanced from Adanma to Laide.

Laide, the darker one of the girls looked around before whispering.

“Pastor Ebuka and Hannah were caught in the act. Serious something. I heard they’re going to sanction them. Suspension for weeks or months maybe when they face church panel.”

She raised a hand to her mouth. “Isn’t Pastor Ebuka the fiancé of sister Anita?”

“Na so we see am o.” Adanna cooed, albeit in a whisper.

“Nawa. And Sister Hannah is the one that will cover hair like there’s no tomorrow, no earring, no trouser, no lipstick. Yet she sabi for the thing.” Laide said and the girls laughed between themselves.

Erin shook her head in dismay although she was becoming less surprised by incidents like this. Many of the hypocrites were found in church. She recalled seeing a popular church calendar on Miss Sulola’s table and discarded the thought. The woman was a witch in disguise.

“Like they say. Everybody na thief, na the person them dey catch for the thing.” Adanna said and adjusted when a fellow church member walked past to occupy a seat before them. Adanna and Laide glanced at each other when the girl sat down and Erin surmised there was gist on this one too. She’d probably stepped on some toes. She watched the girl pray and recognized the girl as an old friend she’d parted with years ago when she got closer to Laide and Adanna. The girl had been too ‘Jesusy’ for her liking. Any small thing, Jesus. She always had something to say about everything and it was too much. Even the bible talked about moderation but her spiriroko sister Tamilore was becoming an extremist in the ‘Jesus’ thing. She silently wondered the kind of man that would cope with a girl like that and chose to adjust.

There was no way she wanted to do life alone. She had her picture perfect husband and kids. She had her picture perfect job too. She would work hard, earn lots of money and take care of her sister while getting someone to care for her father as she wouldn’t have the time. Her dreams were huge and she wanted to travel around the world achieving them.

Just like Mr. Otaiku.

Tamie turned to smile at them waving briefly. “Hello Laide…Erin, Adanna.”

“Hi…” They waved and Erin knew they didn’t mean it.

“How was your day? I do hope it went well.” She asked them looking so innocent. Goodness, the girl was so naïve. Couldn’t she see they were not interested in making conversation with her?

Laide shrugged while Adanna pretended to be scrolling through her church notes. “Just there.” Erin turned to her friends. “Guys, did you see that gist on bellanaija wedding section this evening? Oh my gosh, it was just lit!”

“Is it the one where that guy proposed to his girlfriend on a plane and how he kept gushing over the girl even on their wedding day? It was top notch forget.”

“I was just saving all those aso-ebi bella outfits on Facebook. It’s not a joking stulvz.”

“Please be tagging me o. I don’t want to carry last.” Erin giggled and turned to Adanna. “How’s James by the way?”

“He’s doing okay jare. He’s trying to work on his visa application and so the stress is just something else.”

“It will work out fine in Jesus name.” Erin said.

“Amen o.” The girls echoed

“Good evening everyone.” The coordinator finally found his way to the podium drawing their attention away from the ceaseless noise which began to quieten down. “I’m really glad you could make it here today. We will make it simple and brief.”

“Kai, this guy has big ears, like satellite dish.” Laide remarked and the girls chuckled again. Erin had to place a hand on her mouth to prevent her from choking on her laughter. She sighed shaking her head at how her friends made her laugh and forget her worries.

She had the most amazing friends in the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:32pm On Feb 01, 2017
Lol, gossips in d church

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by Katy247: 1:56pm On Feb 01, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Love Don't Cost A Thing. / Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story / My Village Prince And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.