Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Forgiven By Glowingscenes - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Forgiven By Glowingscenes (32470 Views)

Beautiful Wings By Glowingscenes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 8:14pm On Apr 07, 2017
Georgeisco2007:

You are welcome. I just hope you could be updating everyday because this is the part we are all waiting for it to unfold itself more.
Meanwhile, tnks once again for your time and inspiring story

Hello George!
Lol @everyday. I'm afraid that's not possible but you can check the blog to be updated on the recent episode. As for everyday, if it was feasible, perhaps, but it's not feasible to produce a story content everyday. I think up the words and have to create scenes. That takes hours and research and brain power. I return from work each day and I'm exhausted already. Maybe if it wasn't story writing, I would have found a way, but thanks for stopping by. When the books come out, you can purchase a copy and digest all of them at once. smiley I'm sure you would enjoy that. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by hisable2: 8:58pm On Apr 07, 2017
op nice piece ride on, pls post your blog incase one needs the update
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2017
hisable2:
op nice piece ride on, pls post your blog incase one needs the update

myglowingscenes.com

2 Likes

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 8:18pm On Apr 11, 2017
Erin found herself playing the conversation over and over again in her head on what Tahir had told her. She wondered if she’d been a fool to think he would want to be with her after getting the news of her pregnancy but his wife had an invisible hook on him she had used to secure her husband’s allegiance.

“Babe, if you’re going to carry my baby, what’s going to happen to my wife?”

Perhaps he should have thought of that earlier.

“As much as this is something beautiful, I really wish there was a way about this…”

“I’m carrying your child Tahir, that enough qualifies me to be someone important in your life. I mean what about my school? My church members would mock me and shame me. I’ll be the talk of the town. What will my sister think and my father will kill me and the baby, or worse make sure he finds out who owns the child. I don’t even have money to abort it if I want to.” She reached to wipe her tears. “I’ve been praying to God to make a way for me but right now I feel like I’m getting what I deserved. I loved you and trusted you and now that I’m pregnant, you just want to throw me away.”

He’d been trying to hush her and when he finally succeded, he ran a hand on his head. “What do you want me to do Erin?”

She wished she could hit him

“If I go down, you go down.”

She saw him blink then. “Are you trying to blackmail me?”

“I have no choice. If you’re not willing to help me, I have to help myself.”

He raised an eyebrow. “What do you want?”

Her heart was racing but she said it anyway. She’d been mulling over the thought for days. Something wanted to pull her back but she ignored it. She had an ambition and cowering in fear wouldn’t put food on the table or deliver her from the misery she faced everyday in her house. It was his child and wouldn’t be found raising bastards. He had to carry the blame too. “I just want you to love me that’s’ all. I want you to care for me and accept my child as yours. It doesn’t have to be public and I’m not even asking for much. All I just need is assurance that everything will be alright.”

“Let me think about this.”

Her eyes welled with tears at the thought of what she’d said and done. She wished she could begin life on a new slate but it just felt too late to go back now. Besides, the deed was done, her abdomen was beginning to take form and soon, she would no longer be able to hide her ‘sin’. She couldn’t bear the shame and needed a covering. Tahir had been her only option and it wasn’t like she was doing something bad. She just wanted him to care for her and his child.

Was that too much to ask?

But why did she feel as if she was roping herself into something that would become more and more difficult to pull out from? She picked up her bible and searched for comforting words. When she found none, she put it beside her pillow and stared at nothing in particular. She’d heard them sing ‘He’s got the whole world in His hands’ in the children’s church last week but she doubted that at the moment.

Tahir had her life in his hands and whatever decision he took would leave her at his mercy. She just hoped God would touch his heart and make things work out for her good.

Tahir got home mentally exhausted after spending hours alone, contemplating on the thought of telling his wife the truth and let it out once and for all. Erin was trying to rope him in and he couldn’t afford to let that happen. What if his wife found out in the nearest future? That was worse. He wouldn’t have any excuse then and he didn’t want to end up like those men who kept their mistresses hidden somewhere all for the wife to find out and ruin their reputation and everything they had. He wasn’t ready for his marriage to be over.

“Hey baby…”

His wife stepped out in tempting attire and for a short while, he wished he could forget what happened and move on as he kissed her. She noticed how tense he was and withdrew running her hands along his arm. “What’s wrong, are you okay?”

He looked into her eyes then.

“You know you can tell me anything don’t you my darling…” She reached to help with his tie. “You look drained. Let me get you a glass of water.”

He stopped her and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. He knew he owed her the truth. He would have to come clean.

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by heemah(f): 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2017
Following your blog already...

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by adroitA(f): 11:10am On Apr 12, 2017
Tahir should tell his wife.... That's d right thing to do. He has done wrong already, why complicate things further?
Good stuff ma'am

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by BlissfulJeff(m): 3:01pm On Apr 12, 2017
nice update

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 10:37pm On Apr 17, 2017
heemah:
Following your blog already...
Thank you dear!
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2017
Forgiven chapter 9

Oyinda sipped her morning tea slowly as several thoughts crossed her mind. Last night she’d tossed and turned in the guest room after hours of crying alone wondering if she’d done anything to deserve what Tahir did to her. The weekend had been the most horrible one she ever experienced in her lifetime. For days they hadn’t even spoken to each other though Tahir had tried to get her talking or saying something. She knew he was sorry but his apologies were not going to erase his cheating ways or the product of it. He’d told her it happened once and was a mistake. She’d thrown her claws at him when he kept probing and asking her to say something.

What did he expect her to say? Tahir had brought shame upon her, upon them both. How would people look at her? What about her sister? That one would mock her and ensure she tormented her about it to her grave. They would be in society news and media would fabricate so many lies against them bulking up the truth and filling it up with their creative filthy minds.

She couldn’t let them ruin her name. She wasn’t going to allow one golddigger of a girl soil her name or steal the empire she’d built with her husband. She could have as well been a prostitute. Tahir belonged to her and she wasn’t ready to leave him yet.

Her mind flashed to the baby and she grew cold. Life was really cruel to her. Just a fling and the girl was pregnant. Was it even certain? How far gone was she for Tahir to be sure it was his?

What if I come in?

She blinked as the thought crept in. The only way she could make sure this was neat was play her part. She was sure that’s why Tahir had told her, so they could come to a conclusion and start working towards doing something about the situation and not weep over split milk.

Her mind began working. The situation wasn’t so bad afterall. No one knew about this except the girl had been foolish and greedy enough to share the news. They could curtail it and work things out.

Negotiation?

This piqued her interest. What if they negotiated? Negotiation required an exchange. She would do the honourable part as a loving wife and reach out to the girl.

But what will we exchange?

You’ve always wanted a baby…

Oyinda swallowed as the tears stung but the desire grew as the voice within probed further. Yes, I want a baby… my own baby.

She’s carrying your husband’s baby…

Just then, Tahir strolled into the kitchen struggling with his tie while his briefcase hung in the other hand. She watched him and realised he had eyebags too. Good. If he didn’t look that way she would have been tempted to drench him in the hot water left in the kettle. She wished there was a way she could pay him for what he did to her but the constant thought of the child tugged at her and she knew she had greater things to pursue instead.

“Good morning.” She replied when he greeted her for the second time that morning. “How was your night?”

“Horrible.”

She fixed her hair behind her ears and stared into her cup. She knew what to expect, she just wondered how long it would take him for them to begin again.

“Babe, I’ll do anything. I just need you to believe me when I tell you I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine. Would you like to eat before going to work?”

He sighed. “You’re trying to avoid this…”

“On the contrary, I’m not.” She snapped irritated he would start whining and begging her again. “I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately and I came to a conclusion.”

She saw him stand at attention and smiled within. Hopefully this would be more easier than she planned. “I need to know the girl you got pregnant.” She looked up and saw him hesitate. “You don’t trust me?”

“It’s my fault babe and…”

“Tahir…except you’re hiding something from me or perhaps she’s more important than I am to you.”

He looked hurt. “You know that’s not true.”

She shrugged. “How am I supposed to believe you if you won’t tell me who carries your baby? All I just need is her number and I’ll handle it from there. It’s your mess and we have to find a way to clean it up before it blows out of proportion.”

She watched him reach for his phone and pass her the number. She typed it into her phone and saved it. Looking up, she offered him a stiff smile. “I’ll call you and let you know how it works out. At least she can’t blackmail you now so lighten up.”

It was an hour before Oyin sat staring at the number. Right now she wished there was an option other than the one currently on her mind but at the moment, none came. Besides, she was doing the girl a favour by accepting her child and not leaving her to abort or throw the child in some garbage can. There would no longer be any need for adoption and she suddenly felt happy. She would place all her cards on the table and ask the young girl to pick without strings attached. Something told her there would be more along the way but right now, what mattered was the fact that part of her prayers had come to pass and she would be wise to grab it and use it to her advantage.

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by aprilwise(m): 4:27am On Apr 18, 2017
i have following this story from start and i like the story lines

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by heemah(f): 6:53am On Apr 18, 2017
Hi Madam! Been refreshing your blog for days now, you are yet to update, pls do smfn grin grin
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by BlissfulJeff(m): 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2017
weldone

1 Like

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by Rinsola32(f): 10:47am On Apr 25, 2017
Madam glow,

No update this week on your blog?It's very unusual. Hope all is fine over there with you. Can't wait to read Episode 19.

Keep glowing...

2 Likes

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
adroitA:
Wow.! I started reading this morning and believe me I love love love love d story! Erin.... Hmm, over d years I've learnt not to judge people especially when I've never been in their kind of situation. I'll just keep reading and see what happens with Erin, Tahir and his wife.
Good stuff glowingscenes

Adriot, i am Godswill from Benue. I love Maths and i study Maths. I am also born in April. Please, Can i meet you?
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by HqBoss: 11:22am On May 03, 2017
bummybummy:
na gossip den fit do inside d Church
hi there
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by bummybummy(f): 9:46pm On May 05, 2017
HqBoss:
hi there
hiiiiHqBoss
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 10:19pm On May 06, 2017
Hello all,

I apologise for the delay. I was working on my book release and it was quite a process. But the good news is the two books are out now so you can grab your copies from okadabooks, smashwords and kobobooks
Will upload the next episode of Forgiven soon.

Site is still myglowingscenes.com
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 10:26pm On May 06, 2017
Chapter 9 continued

When Erin got the call, there was a certain kind of fear that greeted and washed over her the moment she identified the person speaking to her at the other end of the line. She wasn’t certain if greeting her was the formal thing to do but she did all the same.

“Good morning ma.”

“Good morning my darling, how are you?”

“Fine thank you ma.” This felt strange. How on earth did the woman get her number and why was she so polite and kind?

“And how’s the baby? I understand this might be your first time but don’t be worried. I don’t bite. I was just calling to check on you.”

Erin grew worried and slightly terrified. So her boss had the guts to tell his wife about their affair and she was acting like everything was fine?

“I’m fine ma.”

“If you need anything, don’t be afraid to ask me okay? My husband told me everything that happened but I just want to make things right instead of turning it into something else. I mean you’re carrying my husband’s child and that’s enough for me to respect you.”

Perhaps the woman wasn’t so bad afterall.

“I don’t know if you’ll be up for lunch but I don’t want to rush you. It would just be great to see you and register you into a good hospital so you can look after yourself. I understand if you find it hard to trust me so soon but I’m just a dial away.”

“Yes ma. Thank you ma.”

“Good bye Erin.”

And she was gone.

Erin stared at the phone silently wondering what just happened and if it was a dream as it felt weird to have her boss’ wife call her and act cool about the situation. She played the conversation in her head over and over again and wondered if it wouldn’t be a bad idea to call her and accept the help she so readily offered. Her abdomen was beginning to grow and she really needed all the help she could get. She needed a good hospital and some money to take care of herself as she grew weak and unhealthy each passing day. There was hardly any good food to eat in the house not to talk of feed a child. She was unable to buy any vitamins to keep her steady and stable during this antenatal period of hers. If possible she wanted to hide herself and wondered if the woman would help her in that area as well.

She reached for the phone. The lunch date did not sound like a bad idea.

Oyinda raised an eyebrow when the object of her thoughts introduced herself. She removed her sunshades and was tempted to shake her head. She’d thought her husband would do better but he had obviously been pressed by nature to deposit his seed in some poverty stricken girl who was too plain-looking to describe. Even Sulola would have been a better option. Perhaps she would have been more intimidated or scared that Tahir had his heart somewhere else.

She remembered why she was here and perfected her professional smile. “You’re Erin?”

The girl nodded.

“Please sit down. Would you like a glass of water or milkshake? Please feel free to make a choice. I’ll have the waiter bring you the menu card.”

“Thank you ma. I think milkshake sounds nice.”

She smiled when the girl didn’t fall short of her expectations. Gold-diggers like her would jump at the opportunity to suck rich people dry. Well, she’d picked the wrong family to fool with.

“So, how are you faring with the baby? Not too stressful I hope?”

She shook her head and she could tell the girl was nervous. She had to do everything to ensure the girl felt safe before presenting her proposal. Food was a good start.

Make her comfortable…

“Ma… I just want to let you know I didn’t plan for this to happen.” The girl spluttered and she nodded. “Tahir told me everything and I perfectly understand. But you need to eat first, then we can talk. I want you to see me as your aunt and whatever question I ask you is because I need to know how I can be of help to you, in order to prevent this from getting into the hands of gossips. Now that’s not a pleasant sight and it will create a bad image on all of us. You don’t want that do you?”

The girl nodded as if understanding her.

The waiter brought her milkshake and she could see her sipping the drink hungrily. She ordered pieces of spicy chicken, chips and salad and encouraged the girl to request for anything she wanted. For a while all she could do was organise her plan in her head. She wasn’t a lawyer, but she knew her job well.

When the girl looked relaxed, she smiled. “Are you okay?”

“Yes ma. Thank you so much ma.”

“So, if you don’t mind my asking…how far gone are you?”

“I’ve missed my period for three months now. I haven’t been to the hospital because I don’t have money for checkup but I’ve been feeling funny for a while.”

Oyinda bit her lip. She had to act fast. 3 months was a lot and soon it would be obvious. How long had Tahir been cheating on her? If it was a fling as he claimed then it was before their reconciliation. The same month she’d refused him sex and their fight began.

“Okay. So how do you intend taking care of your baby? Have you thought about it?”

She looked down. “I really don’t know but I’m just hoping I find help. I was thinking of aborting it but….”

“You can’t abort it.” She deadpanned. “I have a better option which I do hope you’ll be reasonable enough to consider.”

“If it makes things easier for me, I won’t mind at all.”

“Do you know what surrogacy means?”

She appeared to be deep in thought. “It sounds familiar but I’m not so sure.”

“Okay. So surrogacy is a term used to describe a situation where a woman carries a child for a couple that can’t have a child.” She pretended to be sober. “I know you must be aware that I can’t have kids for my husband. I don’t know why nature chooses to be cruel to me but perhaps this is one way to show my kindness to you where you can pay us in kind. Since you carry my husband’s baby, I’m offering you the best option. Let us have your baby and care for him. Tahir and I will see to it that your child is well taken care of but I need you to relinquish your rights to the child and I’ll give you everything you want. We will make sure this doesn’t affect your program and your life.”

She saw the girl glancing sideways and a worried look forming on her face. She had to raise the stakes. “You’ll deliver the child in the best environment. We will sponsor your trip to the United Kingdom to deliver the child there, get you the right documents and make sure you get the best treatment. All we just need you to do is leave your child in safe hands. You really don’t lose in all of this if you really think about it.”

“Are you saying I’ll never get to see my child or claim to be his mum?”

2 Likes

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 10:27pm On May 06, 2017
“He will be your child, I’m not denying you that right…” She really needed to ensure the girl saw her offer as attractive as possible. “I just need you to come to terms with the reality that the child will be seen as mine and Tahir’s.”

“I’ll have to think about it…”

She felt her heart constrict. “I have good lawyers if you’re worried about me going against my word. They will ensure everything is done right. We will take good care of you Erin.”

She shook her head. “I know… I just want to be sure I won’t regret my decision in future.”

“It’s fine.” She forced a smile. “But I would like you to do me a favour. Don’t tell anyone about this conversation. I want us to keep this between us. If you go back on your word, there’s no way I or Tahir can help you and you’ll be all alone. Think about it.”

She nodded. “I will.”

3 Likes

Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by bummybummy(f): 10:34am On May 07, 2017
plz I want to follow u on ur blog but it was showing somtin dat I don't understand
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 8:07pm On May 07, 2017
bummybummy:
plz I want to follow u on ur blog but it was showing somtin dat I don't understand

hello dear? What did it show? There's a subscribe button when you scroll down. Thanks!
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by bummybummy(f): 9:24pm On May 07, 2017
glowingscenes:

hello dear? What did it show? There's a subscribe button when you scroll down. Thanks!
av done dat several times but still nothing show up
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by BlissfulJeff(m): 5:34pm On May 08, 2017
wow,nice one
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by HqBoss: 10:03pm On May 15, 2017
bummybummy:
hiiiiHqBoss
hyy check ur mail. sorry m jst respondin now
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by MhizDherbee(f): 12:53am On May 16, 2017
Nice story....
Tried to catch up on d recent post on your blog buh I couldn't.... Any solution
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by heemah(f): 6:08am On May 16, 2017
Madam, you didn't update on your blog yesterday cry cry cry
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by HqBoss: 5:37pm On May 17, 2017
bummybummy:
hiiiiHqBoss
hyy did u get my mail?
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by bummybummy(f): 8:55pm On May 17, 2017
HqBoss:
hyy did u get my mail?
will check it later
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by BlissfulJeff(m): 4:54pm On May 18, 2017
more updates o
Re: Forgiven By Glowingscenes by glowingscenes(f): 2:59am On Dec 02, 2019
Hello everyone!

Wow it's been a while and I do hope you're all doing well. I've missed writing in this space but so many things happened that kept me away.

I just wanted to make a few announcements so no one is left in the dark about glowingscenes disappearance and appearance. loool

I now write at buildtobloom.com

You can support me by checking out the site.

Beautiful Wings is now available on Okadabooks and on my Blog for free where you can download it for your reading pleasure. Thought to inform you guys, especially since the blog address has changed.

Thanks for sticking around guys! Thanks for the support and check up. God bless you.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Love Don't Cost A Thing. / Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story / My Village Prince And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.