Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa (3204 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by Mpele(m): 10:25am On Nov 30, 2009
South Africa's Policy towards Africa: Neo-liberalism and NEPAD

Despite what the ANC government claims, South Africa's foreign policy towards Africa is not based on Pan-Africanism or anti-imperialism; it is rather based on promoting South Africa's expanding business interests on the continent. In reality, the South African state's interests, in both the domestic and African arena, have become fused with those South Africa's capitalist elite.

In Africa, South Africa has used its hegemonic position, based on leadership by consent and at times coercion, to develop a neo-liberal policy -- NEPAD -- for the entire continent. The close relationship that exists between the South African state and South African capital is the main reason why NEPAD emerged.6 Representatives of South Africa's capitalist class, along with other neo-liberal government advisors, played a central role in developing NEPAD. In true hegemonic fashion, however, South Africa also brought junior partners on board, such as ex-president Obasanjo of Nigeria, so that it could pass its own initiative off as an African initiative.

Nonetheless, South Africa's control over NEPAD is underpinned by the fact that NEPAD's headquarters are situated in South Africa. It is also no mere coincidence that Thabo Mbeki's main economic advisor, Professor Wisemen Nkuhlu, is the executive head of NEPAD.

NEPAD itself is based on some of the classic pillars of neo-liberal economic fundamentalism. It views the private sector as the main driving force of the African economy. As such, NEPAD states that all barriers to companies making profits in African countries, such as Nigeria, should be removed. It explicitly promotes the development of the private sector, privatisation, free trade, financial liberalisation, labour flexibility, and foreign direct investment in Africa.7 Indeed, NEPAD states that foreign direct investment is its most important pillar. Given that South African corporations and parastatals are already responsible for the vast majority of foreign direct investment in Africa, it is very clear who stands to benefit. In fact, all of NEPAD's neo-liberal pillars are creating a climate that facilitates the expansion and profiteering of South African companies in Africa. The reality is that NEPAD aims to further entrench the neo-liberal policies that the IMF and World Bank imposed on Africa -- only this time the South African government hopes it will be to the advantage of South African multinationals.8 Wisemen Nkuhlu stated as much in 2003, when he said:

South Africa's self interest in the socio-economic development of the continent is well understood by business. South Africa needs markets for her products and access to raw materials that are not produced in South Africa. Countries like Angola, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea and many other countries have resources that are of economic interest to South Africa. . . . Supporting and sponsoring NEPAD, places South Africa in a strong position to become the preferred development partner by a number of African countries.9

The South African state has not only opened up Nigeria's economy to South African investments and exports through NEPAD, it has also done so through bilateral agreements and a Binational Commission
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;board=61.0
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by morpheus24: 4:17pm On Dec 01, 2009
Its a pity you guys don't have a viable forum to be discussing these issues. Maybe you should form one.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by Horus(m): 10:00pm On Dec 01, 2009
But how South Africa can have time for imperialistic tendencies towards Africa, when the unemployment rate for black South Africans is 41.2 percent, among the worst in all of Africa. White South Africans have an unemployment rate of 5.1 percent, among the best in the developed world. White settler colonialism in South Africa still exist, white settlers continue to control 87 percent of the land while African workers are forced to live in the squalid shantytowns.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by Mpele(m): 7:31am On Dec 02, 2009
@ Horus
Where did U get u're information! South Africa's unemployment rate is 24,9% which is normal for a top developing nation! Most people are now employed in the construction sector! Get your facts straight before U open your black mouth!

Educate yourself!!

SA's unemployment rate at 24.9%

30 October 2009

South Africa's unemployment rate increased by 0.9% to 24.9% in the third quarter of 2009, compared to 23.6% in the second quarter, according to the Quarterly Labour Force Survey released by Statistics South Africa (Stats SA) on Thursday.

Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan made it clear this week, while announcing his medium-term budget for 2009 to 2011, that job-creation is the government's top priority and one of the biggest challenges facing the country.

He said the government aimed to create 4.5-million short-term jobs through public works over the next five years, while rationalising its incentives for businesses to create more jobs, and supporting labour-intensive infrastructure projects.

Stats SA's survey showed that employment contracted by 3.6% in the third quarter, translating into a loss of 484 000 jobs. Of these, 283 000 were in the formal sector (excluding agriculture), with the manufacturing and wholesale industries recording the highest losses.

South Africa's formal sector accounted for 70.4% of the country's total employment, the informal sector for 15.5%, and private households for 9%, while agriculture accounted for 5.1%.

The number of discouraged job seekers in the country increased by 7.6% or 115 000 in the third quarter.

Stats SA deputy director-general Kefiloe Masiteng said the figures indicated a shift from employment into unemployment, discouragement and inactivity. "More people have become more inactive," Masiteng said.

Employment was down across all nine provinces except for KwaZulu-Natal, where it remained virtually unchanged. Gauteng province suffered the highest job losses, at 234 000.

The unemployment rate was highest among 15- to 24-year-olds, at 48.4 percent, and lowest among 55- to 64-year-olds, at 6.8 percent. Of South Africa's estimated 49.3-million people, around 31-million are between 15 and 24 years old.

Source: BuaNews

As for U Morpheus, we will go to any forum we want in this world! U don't own this forum! What U own is your extra large mouth!
http://www.southafrica.info/business/economy/development/unemployment-301009.htm
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by Horus(m): 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2009
@Mpele
@ Horus
Where did U get u're information! South Africa's unemployment rate is 24,9% which is normal for a top developing nation! Most people are now employed in the construction sector! Get your facts straight before U open your black mouth!

Educate yourself!!

The information that you provide are just global only for south africa. The information that I provided to you make a distinction between blacks and whites. What is your concern?. Is it not better to have informations that show you unemployment rate for blacks and compare it with the unemployment rate for whites?. Are you going to tell me that blacks and whites have the same unemployment rate?. This is not serious, if you are concerned about the well being of blacks you will try to look at the unemployment rate of blacks first, and then ask yourself the question of why the two groups have a different unemployment rate?. I dont give a Damn about whites. Now you are telling me to go and educate myself or all I did was to give you the difference between the unemployment rate of both races (black and white). What is your purpose here?. Are you not concerned about the well being of blacks?. So why are you not interrested to know the rate of unemployment rate of Blacks first. Your are giving us a global information information only in your statistic of unemployment rate for south africa. Where are the numbers of unemployment for black?. Why you didnt show them? Do you think that whites care about you?. F**k all whites south africans !!. The only person here on this forum with Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa is YOU. The statistics that I showed you come from a south african website and you are are here insulting blacks, and you seem even more racist than the whites when you are telling me to shut my black mouth (read your own insult in your own post). Is your mouth not black too?. You dont care about blacks this is why you use insults against blacks here. All I was trying to do is to give you some informations about blacks unemployment, at least I care about blacks. All you can do is attacking blacks and show YOUR imperialistic tendencies towards African on this forum. Get rid of the economic Apartheid FIRST in your country. Your are still economicaly under whites rule, so wake up and do something about it instead of coming here with arrogance.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by morpheus24: 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2009
Horus:

@Mpele
if you are concerned about the well being of blacks you will try to look at the unemployment rate of blacks first, and then ask yourself the question of why the two groups have a different unemployment rate?. I dont give a Damn about whites. Now you are telling me to go and educate myself or all I did was to give you the difference between the unemployment rate of both races (black and white). What is your purpose here?. Are you not concerned about the well being of blacks?. So why are you not interrested to know the rate of unemployment rate of [b]

@ Horus

I have told many people on this forum that the boy known as Mpele is confused btw Black and White. You people will not listen to me.

@ Mpele

You are free to come over to this forum anytime. Why? cause we are very accomodating here with people of your "type" unlike some of your "white" brothers on other forums
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by jba203: 8:15am On Dec 03, 2009
My problem with Nigerians is that they like to defend the indefendable, always reactive, over and above being subjective. Facts are facts, the least you can do is to believe it or not. However, not believing facts as they are leaves to much to be desired on your menatal comphrehension. Moreover, i like Nigerians ambitions though, but you are just way too behind to top the list on development.

Whenever one tries to advocate RSA's pace of development nothing comes out your drops but racial demographics of this country. Like " The Whites made that country" That is crap right there. The Whites are part of us, they will die here. Is like the so called African Americans, they are proud of being Americans because they are attached to that country than any African country. For your information, white people came down South in 1652. That is like one decade behind after the slave trade. Would you say America was made what it is because of African Americans? Remember, when the ANC govwerment c ame into power, the apartheid govt was bankcrupt. We had to start from scrarch. With all the debts inherited. Damn SA is good. South African companies, both b lack and white owned are investing in and out of Africa than any African country has ever done.

SABMILLER: The world no1
MTN: All over Africa and Middle east
Standard Bank: branches in 16 countries: this bank boujght more shares on Bank boston of Argentina
Massmart: Europe and Africa
Shoprite: Africa, Middle east
Anglo American: Operating in Austarlia, and Canada, as well as the DRC
Broll: This is the constuction company that has built your own Mall in Lagos we even complemeted it with SA flavour like " Game, Sterkinekor" etc
Murray&Roberts: Constuction company, operating in Dubai, and all over Europe
Multichoice: You are being controlled down South, this is our own propaganda machine

If i continue with the list, you will get bored. What do you have? It is a pity that you argue without facts. We have everything that you do not have. We are building the first fvast underground train in Africa. We are hosting the FIFA World Cup for the first time in Africa. We have hosted both cricket and Rugby world cups. The Formula 1 Racing. This is a country that has world class Malls that exceeds 500. This a country that has providing internet sercices to you. This is the country that has placed the first Afric an man on space. This a country that once possesed nuclear weapons. This is the only African country that is ttrusted by the developed. With all the challenges we are facing, we remain here to fix them. This is the country whose people get shocked when they see how Nigerians act smart while they are learning to eat Hamburger in SA. This is a country where Hollywood celebrikties like Will Smith, Michel Joordan, Eddie Murphy, Nocolas Cage always visit for vacations. Damn, we good.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by Horus(m): 10:33am On Dec 03, 2009
jba203:

My problem with Nigerians is that they like to defend the indefendable, always reactive, over and above being subjective. Facts are facts, the least you can do is to believe it or not. However, not believing facts as they are leaves to much to be desired on your menatal comphrehension. Moreover, i like Nigerians ambitions though, but you are just way too behind to top the list on development.

Whenever one tries to advocate RSA's pace of development nothing comes out your drops but racial demographics of this country. Like " The Whites made that country" That is crap right there. The Whites are part of us, they will die here. Is like the so called African Americans, they are proud of being Americans because they are attached to that country than any African country. For your information, white people came down South in 1652. That is like one decade behind after the slave trade. Would you say America was made what it is because of African Americans? Remember, when the ANC govwerment c ame into power, the apartheid govt was bankcrupt. We had to start from scrarch. With all the debts inherited. Damn SA is good. South African companies, both b lack and white owned are investing in and out of Africa than any African country has ever done.

Standard Bank: branches in 16 countries: this bank boujght more shares on Bank boston of Argentina
Broll: This is the constuction company that has built your own Mall in Lagos we even complemeted it with SA flavour like " Game, Sterkinekor" etc
Multichoice: You are being controlled down South, this is our own propaganda machine

If i continue with the list, you will get bored. What do you have? It is a pity that you argue without facts. We have everything that you do not have. We are building the first fvast underground train in Africa. We are hosting the FIFA World Cup for the first time in Africa. We have hosted both cricket and Rugby world cups. The Formula 1 Racing. This is a country that has world class Malls that exceeds 500. This a country that has providing internet sercices to you. This is the country that has placed the first Afric an man on space. This a country that once possesed nuclear weapons. This is the only African country that is ttrusted by the developed. With all the challenges we are facing, we remain here to fix them. This is the country whose people get shocked when they see how Nigerians act smart while they are learning to eat Hamburger in SA. This is a country where Hollywood celebrikties like Will Smith, Michel Joordan, Eddie Murphy, Nocolas Cage always visit for vacations. Damn, we good.

But who are you reffering to?. Did you read all the thread before you post?. Who argue without facts?. Who presented accurate facts and who presented inaccurate information?. Read all the post again please. And who said that we hate South Africa and South African?,is that what you believe?. Dont be on the defensive. Do you believe that South Africa is not in Africa?. Are you not African?. Did you read what Mpele posted?. Where are his facts?. Why he is just attacking and insulting without any real reason?. Read again his post. Where is the accuracy in his post?. So who are you reffering to?, Or who are you talking about ?. I dont feel any kind of unity with Africa and African in your mind, you are just interrested in a Nigerians VERSUS South Africans, game of division and oppositon, not cooperation and unity. Nobody hate you, so cool down, the problem is only with Mpele who posted here with arrogance an inaccurate informations. (read again please), this is NOT a Nigerians VERSUS South Africans debate.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by jba203: 11:36am On Dec 03, 2009
We do not categorize unemployment the way you are doing. Unemployment is unemployment period.

What Mpele did was to reiterate on what you and i already know, thats waves by SA businesses all over the world. That is being provided for in SA's Foreign Policy" better SA in a better Africa and Better world"

Mpele, tried to categoricallyoutline this as a trend that could make SA to look like an imperialist, of which i think it is going that route. On the other hand, you came very strongly, playing race cards. Damn, what does that has to do with anything imperialistic. The level of unemployment stats that you provided had no basis whatsoever, you cooked those stats from your lab. Either way, the level of unemployment do not determine wether a country can or cannot expand its business territories. Unemployment is purely a public policy issue, here we are on foreign policy issue. Please lets separate the two. I was in no way trying to stem on an issue of SA/Nig, however, since you have touched it, i would dwell a little on it. You Nigerians love competing, not in hundred years would we compete with you, because we are not on the same standing mark. We are far ahead, you guys can run, we will walk. You will run alone and win alone, cos we are not in this race. There are countgries that we are running to catch, thats not you. Stop this empty pride you always outplay in our shores. Stop barking, maybe we wikll listen. Do i hate Nigerians? No. I hate your behaviour, i do not know what make you behave the way you do. I have followed this blokg for too long, you do not ev en love yourself let alone your country, but you keep bickering like headless chikcken.

Mpele was tgrying to provoke a debate. The least you could have done was to reserve your impulsive reply and give logical argument. You keep agitgating people like that, this is what you get, CRAP.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by Horus(m): 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2009
On the other hand, you came very strongly, playing race cards. Damn, what does that has to do with anything imperialistic.

Yes race have to do with it, if there is an imperialistic tendancie it is certainly NOT because of the blacks living in ghettos in South Africa, this imperialistic tendancie is influenced by the whites who hold control of most of the south african economy. Just be realistic and honest.

The level of unemployment stats that you provided had no basis whatsoever, The level of unemployment stats that you provided had no basis whatsoever, you cooked those stats from your lab.

Why do you see malicious intent in me?. I dont need to cook stats, I am dealing with FACTS ONLY, here is the link from  where I get this stats: http://uhurunews.com/story?resource_name=south-africa-explodes

Now are you going to tell me that I created myself the link and the website? that I cooked some stats from nowhere?
Why I will need to do that?. We are here to exchange informations and I will earn nothing in giving people wrong informations.

You Nigerians love competing, not in hundred years would we compete with you, because we are not on the same standing mark. We are far ahead, you guys can run, we will walk. You will run alone and win alone, cos we are not in this race

I am NOT Nigerian And I was not even born in Africa. I post on this forum for the progress of the black race. Dont presume that every black are Nigerians and dont presume that every black will forgive all your littles insults that you might post here. If you have a personal Ego problem with Nigerians then open a Nigerian Versus South African Thread topic but here dont mix other people in it by thinking that every person on this forum are Nigerians. No one win the race in racism. I have nothing to do with your hatred that you have for Nigerians and I have myself never been to Nigeria.

Mpele was tgrying to provoke a debate. The least you could have done was to reserve your impulsive reply and give logical argument. You keep agitgating people like that, this is what you get, CRAP.

This is a lie yes a lie an a proof that you are not honest. Mpele was the one that was impulsive first, he just attacked me just because I posted the stats and I gave you the link for you to see, the stats are not from me so why he was so angry at me? there was no need for that, or maybe it is because he just want to have a reason to express his hatred of what he and you call OTHER blacks or other Africans, nothing more if you read his second post you will realise that this is not the way he can create a debate. You are still economicaly under white rule and you are doing nothing about it. What do you do to conquer poverty in South Africa?. Nothing !!and you are proud of an imperialism tendencies toward africa coming from the same white class who oppress your own people?. Shame on you!! The only thing you are good at is when you are Killing africans like yourself or when you burn them alive in a very barbaric manner.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by morpheus24: 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2009
jba203:

Sharrap there my friend!!

jba203:

Whenever one tries to advocate RSA's pace of development nothing comes out your drops but racial demographics of this country. Like " The Whites made that country" That is crap right there. The Whites are part of us, they will die here.

Because the racial demographichs and the history is the reality of the place. Why cn't you accpet that reality as well.

jba203:

Is like the so called African Americans, they are proud of being Americans because they are attached to that country than any African country. For your information, white people came down South in 1652. That is like one decade behind after the slave trade. Would you say America was made what it is because of African Americans?

Now that is not a smart analysis on your part. Not smart at all. Rethink that statement again,

jba203 link=topic=359267.msg5039508#msg5039508 date=1259824558:

South African companies, both black and white owned are investing in and out of Africa than any African country has ever done.

Can you name one of the above companies that is majority "black' owned.

jba203:

You know what is strange to me is that you "guys" had all this stuff for such a long time and all the above you mention was of no knowledge or at least of no consequence to other Africans or peoples pre Apatheid. If you guys built and owned all this stuff "legitimately" how come your govt wasn't boasting about it in the 1980's and early 90's. How come you were religated and to some extent till today to Bantustans/Townships

Hmmmm I wonder? Is it becasue you really didn't own any of this. Wake up and smell the coffee and stop accusing people of not accedpting fact when it is presented to them.

"A filed Negro once told his counter part house negro to come lets run away together, let's leave this master's plantation and go build our own plantation. The house negro replied to the field negro. What the hell for? What's better than what we got here.

You see that's the mentality of the house negro.

When the master fell sick tee house negro would say " what's wrong boss!. We sick boss!. "WE" sick boss._ Malcom X,

Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by jba203: 7:21am On Dec 04, 2009
Yo. I am so amazed by a level of your deliberate twisted misinformation. Black people are moving here. More than anywhere in the world, including the US. Before i break it down for you, let me tell you the following. The ANC goverment came into power with a priority of redressing the injustices of the past. That it why in 2003, the policy of Black Economic Empowerment emerged. This policy has its own flaws and unintended effects, but it has worked so far. South Africa's policy of black economic empowerment (BEE) is not simply a moral initiative to redress the wrongs of the past. It is a pragmatic growth strategy that aims to realise the country's full economic potential.

"Our country requires an economy that can meet the needs of all our economic citizens - our people and their enterprises - in a sustainable manner," the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) says in its BEE strategy document.

This will only be possible if our economy builds on the full potential of all persons and communities across the length and breadth of this country. Black economic empowerment is not affirmative action, although employment equity forms part of it. Nor does it aim to take wealth from white people and give it to blacks. It is essentially a growth strategy, targeting the South African economy's weakest point: inequality. This reflects the government's approach, which is to "situate black economic empowerment within the context of a broader national empowerment strategy focused on historically disadvantaged people, and particularly black people, women, youth, the disabled, and rural communities.

How to achieve BEE?

Black economic empowerment is driven by legislation and regulation. An integral part of the BEE Act of 2003 is a sector-wide generic scorecard, which measures companies' empowerment progress in four areas:

Direct empowerment through ownership and control of enterprises and assets.
Management at senior level.
Human resource development and employment equity.
Indirect empowerment through:
preferential procurement,
enterprise development, and
corporate social investment (a residual and open-ended category).

This scorecard, as well as a scorecard for multinational companies, is defined and elaborated in the BEE codes of good practice. The codes of good practice, which govern how companies do business in South Africa, allow global and multinational companies some flexibility in how they structure their empowerment deals. For example, representation does not only have to be at ownership level.

The codes are binding on all state bodies and public companies, and the government is required to apply them when making economic decisions on:

procurement,
licensing and concessions,
public-private partnerships, and
the sale of state-owned assets or businesses.
Private companies must apply the codes if they want to do business with any government enterprise or organ of state - that is, to tender for business, apply for licences and concessions, enter into public-private partnerships, or buy state-owned assets.

Shut up, i am still talking, damn you.

BLACK DIAMONDS

"Black Diamond" is conferred on members of South Africa's booming black middle class who now hold nearly a third of the country's buying power.
Black Diamonds" are categorised as black South Africans, wealthy or salaried in "suitable" occupations, who earn at least R12,000 a month, are well educated and credit-worthy, and own or are acquiring homes, cars and household goods. I personally have bought a Townhouse i live in and i also own a car. I have moved out of the township and live in a largely white-populated Joburg Northern suburbs. Even though i do not personally call myself a black diamond, i guess they will call me one. On top of that i am single, and i am 25 years old, BORN IN 1984.

South Africa's black middle class is still growing at a healthy rate and remains surprisingly recession-resilient, with an annual spending power estimated to be R250-billion. These findings form part of the latest research by UCT Unilever Institute of Strategic Marketing and TNS Research Surveys into SA's black middle class, commonly referred to as Black Diamonds. The Black Diamond studies are widely recognised as the definitive research into SA's growing black middle class and the latest study dispels many myths about their current status quo. In the 12 months since the last study was conducted, black South Africans who are categorized as middle class now number 3 million people, representing a 15% growth rate since 2007, says Professor John Simpson, Director of the UCT Unilever Institute. Despite dire predictions that this sector of society is facing a financial melt-down due to debt pressure, the opposite is true, reveals Simpson. "The most astounding evidence of their financial resilience can be seen in a 39% increase in spending power - from R180 billion in 2007 to R250 billion this year," explains Simpson.

According to UCT Unilever Institute's Professor Simpson, Black Diamond women are becoming a force to be reckoned with. "Due to economic empowerment, many women respondents revealed that their earning power had a significant impact on decision-making when it comes to making purchases - not only for purchases such as grocery shopping, which one may expect, but with regard to much larger purchases such as household appliances, investments and cars," Simpson added. The study also investigated changing consumer mindsets and the impact this was having on buying behaviour, explains Maponga. "Almost half of the women interviewed for the study said they earned over 50% of the household income, whilst over 80% said they were the main household decision-maker when it came to the majority of purchases. This is resulting in a shift in gender roles," she says.

There appear to be several factors responsible for this shift. The research indicates that these women are different in that their aspirations are higher than their mothers and grandmothers. Democracy and the accompanying legislation have given women the opportunity to be more ambitious and have paved the way for women to choose from a vast array of careers which were just not available to black South African, especially women, during apartheid.

Do we have poverty in RSA? Yes. About 51 percent of the population lived in poverty in 1994, when the first democratic elections were held. The rate, according to government data. Even those numbers mask the depth of the problem: 23 percent of the population are living on less than one dollar a day today in 2009. We will overcome, yhes we will.

Remember these demographics also include the poor whites. Yes, we do have many poor whites, who are really struggling.
Wether or not you were born in Nigeria or not, thats not my business, qujite frankly, i dont care.

GOD BLESS SOUTH AFRICA.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by Mpele(m): 8:46am On Dec 04, 2009
@ Horus
You must really have some mental disorder! Nobody attacked U. As to whether companies are owend by White, Indian, Coloured or black South Africans the fact is they are South African. The first underground train in Africa, malls and the stadiums for the world cup tey're all build by our government with our tax money!

Get your facts straight. The fact of the matter is that U've become our little colony! Come with facts and yapping!
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by Horus(m): 10:44am On Dec 04, 2009
Mpele:

@ Horus
You must really have some mental disorder! Nobody attacked U. As to whether companies are owend by White, Indian, Coloured or black South Africans the fact is they are South African. The first underground train in Africa, malls and the stadiums for the world cup tey're all build by our government with our tax money!

Get your facts straight. The fact of the matter is that U've become our little colony! Come with facts and yapping!

The only person with mental desorder here is YOU, I am not African, I am not Nigerian, and I was not even born in Africa so how can you think that I am part of your colony when you dont even know who I am and where I am from?. You obliviously have an extremely narrow mind and can only use sarcasms but no facts. You are not even aware that you are mentally used as a tool by white imperialists. You are mentally colonised by whites. As you can see nobody here can or want to debate with you. What are you doing to help black south africans who are suffering under white economic apartheid and who are forced to remain in poor living condition?, NOTHING !!.What are you doing to remove poverty in south africa?, NOTHING !! And you want to be an imperialist for the F*** white man?
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by RSA(m): 12:07pm On Dec 04, 2009
Horus:

The only person with mental desorder here is YOU, I am not African, I am not Nigerian, and I was not even born in Africa so how can you think that I am part of your colony when you dont even know who I am and where I am from?. You obliviously have an extremely narrow mind and can only use sarcasms but no facts. You are not even aware that you are mentally used as a tool by white imperialists. You are mentally colonised by whites. As you can see nobody here can or want to debate with you. What are you doing to help black south africans who are suffering under white economic apartheid and who are forced to remain in poor living condition?, NOTHING !!.What are you doing to remove poverty in south africa?, NOTHING !! And you want to be an imperialist for the F*** white man?

Give me a country in Africa where there is no poverty?and also mention a country in Africa where their poor people are better off than South Africa's poor.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by Horus(m): 12:57pm On Dec 04, 2009
RSA:

Give me a country in Africa where there is no poverty?and also mention a country in Africa where their poor people are better off than South Africa's poor.

This is not the point, don't allow yourself to be mentally an instrument of the white imperialist who oppress all blacks. It is time to wake up mentally and if you are a black man who is really aware you should have a strong and almost uncontrollable feeling of love for other Black people, regardless of who or what they are, you should know for the first time the true meaning of unconditional love for your own kind. What I mean is that instead of coming here on this forum with arrogance and say that you are more high than all other black on the planet or saying thing like: we are better than you or again we are Superior to you, you should think about what what we can do if the mental, emotional, financial, and physical power of all the black people on the planet are united together. If you don't see that you have to remove poverty in all Africa, then you have a problem. Instead some are coming here saying thing like: Ho!! you are more poor than us so we are Superior to you!!, instead of fighting the roots of poverty for all ours people. This is ridiculous and this denote the presence of EGO in you instead of having a mind of cooperation and unity with the black race. If you are really for the well being of black people you will not play the division game, the opposition game, the sarcasm game but you will put all your mental power for the well being of all blacks regardless of who or what they are. If you cannot understand this point then this is very sad for you.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by morpheus24: 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2009
Horus:

This is not the point, don't allow yourself to be mentally an instrument of the white imperialist who oppress all blacks. It is time to wake up mentally and if you are a black man who is really aware you should have a strong and almost uncontrollable feeling of love for other Black people, regardless of who or what they are, you should know for the first time the true meaning of unconditional love for your own kind. What I mean is that instead of coming here on this forum with arrogance and say that you are more high than all other black on the planet or saying thing like: we are better than you or again we are Superior to you, you should think about what what we can do if the mental, emotional, financial, and physical power of all the black people on the planet are united together. If you don't see that you have to remove poverty in all Africa, then you have a problem. Instead some are coming here saying thing like: Ho!! you are more poor than us so we are Superior to you!!, instead of fighting the roots of poverty for all ours people. This is ridiculous and this denote the presence of EGO in you instead of having a mind of cooperation and unity with the black race. If you are really for the well being of black people you will not play the division game, the opposition game, the sarcasm game but you will put all your mental power for the well being of all blacks regardless of who or what they are. If you cannot understand this point then this is very sad for you.
@Horus
I'll agree only with the bolded part but then again all humans are programmed this way . If they weren't then there would be no conflicts or nations for that matter.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by paddylo1(m): 7:00pm On Dec 05, 2009
Please lets separate the two. I was in no way trying to stem on an issue of SA/Nig, however, since you have touched it, i would dwell a little on it. You Nigerians love competing, not in hundred years would we compete with you, because we are not on the same standing mark. We are far ahead, you guys can run, we will walk

@mpele& jba203

what will u guys do when Nigeria becomes the largest economy in Afica in 4yrs or so?

by the way u claim u are walking,but u are actually walking backwards,if not how come your growth rate is negative 2%(-2%),this year

while nigeria grows at 5% for 2009

i am going to tell u that not only nigeria,but angola will be larger than south africa in 2020 also

so it would be wise to be a little humble
check link below and hopefully u will be around in 2020 when these 2 things happen
http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=wb-wdi&met=ny_gdp_mktp_cd&idim=country:NGA:ZAF:AGO&tstart=-315619200000&tunit=Y&tlen=48
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by paddylo1(m): 7:07pm On Dec 05, 2009
@mpele

as for your first post,i dont see anything wrong with NEPAD

free market systems and liberal economies is the way to go,it unleashes the potential thats possible in an economy

and lets keep this south africa vs nigeria thing to a minimum
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by paddylo1(m): 7:10pm On Dec 05, 2009

i could mention several,but i dont want to argue

however i find it fascinating that u think south african poor ppl are doing better than poor pll elsewhere on the continent

for one,i think u know about violent crime rates,h.i.v,violence and ra*pe against women that proportionally affect poor ppl in south africa

if u think thats how other poor ppl in the rest of africa live,well i leave u drinking the koolaid
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by Mpele(m): 8:32am On Dec 07, 2009
hehehehehehe! by 2020 the Nigerian economy will be the biggest in Africa, wow! I',m sure by 2020, the generation of that time will be sayin by 2040, we will be the biggest economy in Africa! As for Angola, U people are pushing it! There is only one country in Africa that can at least try to compete with SA, that is Egypt.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by morpheus24: 2:41pm On Dec 07, 2009
Mpele:

hehehehehehe! by 2020 the Nigerian economy will be the biggest in Africa, wow! I',m sure by 2020, the generation of that time will be sayin by 2040, we will be the biggest economy in Africa! As for Angola, U people are pushing it! There is only one country in Africa that can at least try to compete with SA, that is Egypt.

I really don't think SA is REALLY PART OF AFRICA. If not for the indigenous populations which is the only thing it has in common with the rest of Africa. It would simply be identified as a present day DUTCH COLONY,
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by paddylo1(m): 12:25pm On Dec 08, 2009

its not a matter of compete,ours is the second largest. . .larger than egpyts economy,so i dont know why u wanna sound ignorant

meanwhile u guys are at (negative 2%)-2% growth for 2009. . .while we are at +5%. . .do the math. .

s.a(GDP). . .$280bln, 2009

nigeria(GDP)$212bln. . .2009

its only 8% compound growth for 6 yrs that we need. ,  and we are largest

plus if u guys keep shrinking like u did in 2009,we get there earlier

am sorry if it doesnt jive with your pre-conceived racial bias. . .but thats the facts homie
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by adconline(m): 11:00am On Dec 10, 2009
RSA is a beautiful country better than Nigeria infrastructurally, but there is a difference between a stake holder and a stock holder in its infrastructural development. Also,  more than 30% of Nigerians can fit into your middle status which is almost the size of the whole country. So, next time dont come here running your mouth that  the poorest in RSA are the richest in black nations in Africa. Have you ever bothered checking how blacks are living your neighbouring country of Botswana? They outshine RSA in any measure of standard of living. Get your facts straight.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by RSA(m): 11:28am On Dec 10, 2009
adconline:

RSA is a beautiful country better than Nigeria infrastructurally, but there is a difference between a stake holder and a stock holder in its infrastructural development. Also, more than 30% of Nigerians can fit into your middle status which is almost the size of the whole country. So, next time dont come here running your mouth that the poorest in RSA are the richest in black nations in Africa. Have you ever bothered checking how blacks are living your neighbouring country of Botswana? They outshine RSA in any measure of standard of living. Get your facts straight.

Matter of fact yes I've lived in Botswana,my grandmother was born there and I still have relatives who I visit almost every two months.Do you know that 70% of their population live in rural areas?
The quality of life in Botswana is not at all better than Mzansi's(RSA).Yes they've got good financial policies but their economy depend heavily on South Africans businesses and goverment,from retails,manufacturing,engineering,banking,electricity and other sectors.
http://www.gazettebw.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4568:botswana-asks-sa-not-to-reduce-power-supply-&catid=13:business&Itemid=2
To South Africans,Botswana is like one of our provinces,just like Swasiland,Lesotho,Namibia,Mozambique and lately Zimbabwe,who are all using rand and their economies is controlled by SA businesess.

Maybe Naijas time will come,but remember that with all this investment in Africa,including Nigeria by SA goverment and private companies any growth in Africa,including Nigeria will still benefit our economy.

You might say we're smaller than you in population but you forget that SA is part of SADC(population of almost 200 millions) and play a very leading role in the region,we control the region in terms of business.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by adconline(m): 11:56am On Dec 10, 2009
U dont get it. Bostwana has a higher GDP per capita than RSA. Botswana has got  a higher life expectancy than RSA yet they are timid and rural. It has got  a better managed economy than RSA. It's least corrupt than RSA. What's your yardstick for measuring succuess? Botswana tops RSA in UN Human Development Index. The list goes on and on.  "The beauty of a nation does not depend on its architectural buildings"

Let me explain that 30% of Nigerians who are middle classs would easily out-run the whole population of RSA.
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2102rank.html
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by RSA(m): 12:10pm On Dec 10, 2009
adconline:

U dont get it. Bostwana has a higher GDP per capita than RSA. Botswana has got  a higher life expectancy than RSA yet they are timid and rural. It has got  a better managed economy than RSA. It's least corrupt than RSA. What's your yardstick for measuring succuess? Botswana tops RSA in UN Human Development Index. The list goes on and on.  "The beauty of a nation does not depend on its architectural buildings"

[b]Let me explain that 30% of Nigerians who are middle classs would easily out-run the whole population of RSA.[/b]https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2102rank.html

I am sure you're well aware that Botswana has a population of less than two million having said that,you might be right when it come to all the GDP,HDI and all other measuring tools,but I have lived in Botswana and I know what I talking about.

Now regarding the bold part,I thought the link was going to explain your theory but dosn't say anything,do you mind maybe explain how you got to that conclusion? You know some of us we're little bit slow,the after effects of aapartheid.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by edoyad(m): 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2009
It is no secret that the unemployment rate amongst black south Africans is as bad as anywhere else in Africa, a recent BBC report puts it close to 50%. Black South Africans are living in an illusion if they think there is only one South Africa.
Despite white South Africans being under 20% of SA population, their assets are estimated at over 70% of south Africa's GDP. While some of the figures i've mentioned may seem hard to substantiate, people who have researched these things and continually speak out on various international media have talked of a situation where "fronting" is the order of the day.
It is common to see Blacks made chairmen of some of the big corporate orgs but in actuality over 90% of such companies are white owned.
Who owns the Anglo Golds, the Standard banks, FNB and various other firms in south Africa ? Check the owners share certificates to get a better picture of things.
Even Zimbabwe that had been independent for 20 years(and with less white domination) realised painfully that It's economy was to an extent still under colonialism.
It will take more than a few token appointments to junior management to correct the wide income distribution gap between the very rich white and abject black South African population.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by adconline(m): 6:07am On Dec 14, 2009
I am sure you're well aware that Botswana has a population of less than two million having said that,you might be right when it come to all the GDP,HDI and all other measuring tools,but I have lived in Botswana and I know what I talking about.

These indexes are not based on  the number  of people living on the edge or fabulous life, its a percentage of the  OVERALL population.

Now regarding the bold part,I thought the link was going to explain your theory but dosn't say anything,do you mind maybe explain how you got to that conclusion? You know some of us we're little bit slow,the after effects of aapartheid.

Since Bostwana is a small country, has it occurred   to u that  RSA is less than 1/3 of Nigeria? If you are seeking for proof, show me any evidence to proof that  any RSA black would afford a plot of  land in Abuja or  that poor RSA blacks would be kings and queens in other parts of Africa. '
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by Mpele(m): 9:51am On Dec 14, 2009
@ edoyad U make me laugh, South African unemployment rate 50%. Then U say U got this from BBC. Our official unemployment rate is 24%.

@adconline. U are so fascinated by Botswana, the reality is Botswana is like a province to us. For example the Japanese Yen is stronger than the Dollar, but Japan is not a powerhouse. Stop talkin on behalf of Botswana, talk about your thirld world & untidy country!
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by edoyad(m): 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2009
Mr mpele, are you telling the unemployment rate amongst black south Africans is 24 % ? Do you know the unemployment rate of black Americans as we speak is not near 20 % ? I don't think you're being honest with yourself.
It still doesn't change the fact many blacks in SA are just subsisting and have no stake in that economy . Come to Nigeria and see numerous Sexwales not just the one you all worship there.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by Mpele(m): 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2009
surely U don't want to compare the level of poverty in South Africa to that of Nigeria & Africa.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Brother's & Sister's Welcome To Somalia- The Horn Of Africa / Huge Reservoir Of Water Found 400 Miles Underground / S.ex Is What Democrats Are Teaching Your Children In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.