Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa (3201 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by edoyad(m): 2:20pm On Dec 14, 2009
Naturally the wealth of your imperialist land lords would rub off on you, but that by no means translates to you being ok.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by morpheus24: 2:30pm On Dec 14, 2009
Mpele:

surely U don't want to compare the level of poverty in South Africa to that of Nigeria & Africa.

Look at how stupid your above statment is.

As if Africa is a distinct continent from South Africa

You damn confused Saffers will never learn will ya.!
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by Justcash(m): 3:20pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Mpele:
I read with utmost interest your contribution and came to a stunning but Sad discovery that Neo-Colonialism and inferiority complex has been well accepted by people like you in South Africa.
I just hope that you are not black, because you may be raining curses on yourself for trying to brag about being bigger than the same people that contributed immensly to ensure the extermination of black oppression in South Africa.
I donated 10 kobo as a kid, like millions of Nigerian Kids back in the 1980's, for that course, even though I was too young to understand why. I still remember it till date because I would have used that money to buy snacks at that time, but it was a tender sacrifice.
How dare you come to this forum to taunt and compare yourself with Nigerians?
How much does South Africans have? How much??
Don't worry, the Nigerian government will get it right, We will. No white man will help us to do that, like they did for you.
I ask you to stop raining curses on yourself, because you would have been nothing without Nigerians and Africans.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by edoyad(m): 4:47pm On Dec 14, 2009
^ Wo . . .wo. . . wait a minute shocked . White man helped how ?
What you think is help is not o, they feed those people with their crumbs and other token. Those whites virtually own south Africa though they're just about 15 % of the population. Don't mistake political power for economic power brother justcash.
You can even draw an analogy from Nigeria. Who has the least political power ? Ibo
Who has the most economic power ? Ibo
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by adconline(m): 7:05pm On Dec 14, 2009
U are so fascinated by Botswana, the reality is Botswana is like a province to us. For example the Japanese Yen is stronger than the Dollar, but Japan is not a powerhouse. Stop talkin on behalf of Botswana, talk about your thirld world & untidy country

It seems you are bereft of economic and global views?  Yen is never stronger than dollar? Japan is a powerhouse, it has the second largest economy after US with less than half of the Us population.
You talked about Black RSA being better than blacks in Africa, so you included all black Africans but RSA blacks in your statement. For your information, blacks in Nigeria run , own and control businesses.Most profitable businesses are owned by Nigerian blacks. Econnet Wireless is not as big as MTN but it was started by a black man- Strive Massiya  in your neigbouring Zimbabwe when no blacks would own tangible real estate in  RSA. Mo Ibrahim from Sudan started  CELTEL and Mike Adenuga started Glo Mobile in Nigeria.  I would like to know how black owned businesses in RSA have controlled investments in Africa. Your mentality that blacks in RSA are better  economically than blacks in Africa simply because its RSA and Oppenheimer family is rich is delusional and utopian. Dangote group, a black owned business  bought a  45 percent stake in South Africa's Sephaku Cement for 3 billion rand ($378 million.
Its  like saying the poorest person in the US will be the  richest in Portugal. Unemployment among blacks in RSA is about 50% according to University of Cape Ecomic research. I marvel at RSA's infrastructure not  at  black ingenuity or economic sucess because it pales in comparison with what's obtainable elsewhere in Africa.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by drdams: 6:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
They person who spew this needs to be enlightened.

there is a vast difference between an attack (Xenophobia) and Accident ( Collapsed building)

mentioning Boko haram its an indication of mockery.

Have they forgotten SRF so soon.

this is real irrational and offensive.
Re: South Africa's Imperialistic Tendencies Towards Africa by drdams: 6:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
adconline:
U are so fascinated by Botswana, the reality is Botswana is like a province to us. For example the Japanese Yen is stronger than the Dollar, but Japan is not a powerhouse. Stop talkin on behalf of Botswana, talk about your thirld world & untidy country

It seems you are bereft of economic and global views?  Yen is never stronger than dollar? Japan is a powerhouse, it has the second largest economy after US with less than half of the Us population.
You talked about Black RSA being better than blacks in Africa, so you included all black Africans but RSA blacks in your statement. For your information, blacks in Nigeria run , own and control businesses.Most profitable businesses are owned by Nigerian blacks. Econnet Wireless is not as big as MTN but it was started by a black man- Strive Massiya  in your neigbouring Zimbabwe when no blacks would own tangible real estate in  RSA. Mo Ibrahim from Sudan started  CELTEL and Mike Adenuga started Glo Mobile in Nigeria.  I would like to know how black owned businesses in RSA have controlled investments in Africa. Your mentality that blacks in RSA are better  economically than blacks in Africa simply because its RSA and Oppenheimer family is rich is delusional and utopian. Dangote group, a black owned business  bought a  45 percent stake in South Africa's Sephaku Cement for 3 billion rand ($378 million.
Its  like saying the poorest person in the US will be the  richest in Portugal. Unemployment among blacks in RSA is about 50% according to University of Cape Ecomic research. I marvel at RSA's infrastructure not  at  black ingenuity or economic sucess because it pales in comparison with what's obtainable elsewhere in Africa.

how is yen stronger than Dollar? are u talking about the physical weight of the note?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iran Says CIA Killed Michael Jackson / Nigerian Brother's & Sister's Welcome To Somalia- The Horn Of Africa / Inside Trump's Golden Palatial Home - Breathtaking Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.