Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,863 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing (33833 Views)

Niger Deltan Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing / Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing / Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Cyriloha(m): 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
tankara1010:
The fair skin thing is not a generalization but a fact. If I come across a fair skinned person in Nigeria or abroad who is a Nigerian, he is either Igbo or from Akwa Ibom, and some from Cross River. I have never ever come across a light skinned Yoruba man or hausa man( not fulani) in my life...not once except they are mixed! But I have across countless of light skinned Igbo men and some Ibibios.

Mama tega the one mixing egg and hypo for people at yaba nah igbo woman and I see curtains around there nah most yellewbars de come there too just to bleach. And well igbo no get bobrisky you know

1 Like

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by MufasaRebirth: 7:58pm On Jan 25, 2017
OXCUBA:
IGBOS LOVE NET SINGLET grin cheesy
Hahahaha grin
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Baroba(m): 7:59pm On Jan 25, 2017
Very shallow commentary in my opinion, lacks depth or proof for anyone to take this serious.. Btw, the average Igboman don't give a sh*t what anyone think of him..#fact grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by MufasaRebirth: 8:00pm On Jan 25, 2017
I'm a yoruba Guy, buh I swear to God, I love the igbos!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Cyriloha(m): 8:01pm On Jan 25, 2017
LecciGucci:

Lol..

Gi for check up oo

But I trust you

I'm sure you no touch am
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by ogorwyne(f): 8:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
OXCUBA:
IGBOS LOVE NET SINGLET grin cheesy
haha
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 25, 2017
Cyriloha:

Brother you mean you dated those drri things you try post for truth to be told yellewbars mostly there girls are always dirty

Stop telling lies ibos girls are dirtier than yoruba girls. My first year in sch we had an ibo room mate and we all complained of how dirty the girl is even the delta girl in the room was always complaining. Same thing in my third year too I pitied my friends who had more than one ibo roomiegrin grin their room was like pig stygrin grin many other experiences with them but let me just stop here.At least the only dirty yoruba girl I kno was a little better.Stop lying to people.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by LecciGucci: 8:10pm On Jan 25, 2017
Cyriloha:

Gi for check up oo

But I trust you

I'm sure you no touch am
grin. U have to wear ur armor na
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by sorextee(m): 8:10pm On Jan 25, 2017
I no get problem with any tribe. We are all one Nigeria.
But sincerely, I feel more safe, if im away, and my gf is at home, with my igbo friend, than a yoruba friend. I honestly dont have yoruba frnds sef. I see most peeps say igbos always feel as if they re d wisest. That's a lie. Its yorubas that always feel that way, which they arent.
One time in skool, I had a yoruba frnd. He was quite close to a girl I was admiring. I told him to do the connect, which he did. Along d line, he started feeling jealous. Lng story short, he ended up snatching d girl from me. D girl is also yoruba. And other several betrayals ive gotten from yoruba FRIENDS. If u see a yoruba guy ND girl, calling their selves names like AUNTY MI, BRODA MI, SISTER MI, UNCLE MI, etc. If u do a background check, they re nacking each other.
moral of the whole story,
NEVER EnTRUST YOUR YORUBA FRIEND WITH UR GF wink

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Cyriloha(m): 8:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
LecciGucci:

grin. U have to wear ur armor na

Correct guy
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by LecciGucci: 8:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
Cyriloha:

Correct guy

Are u on bbm?
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Opakan2: 8:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
Trash..

yorubas have been into trading even before the white men came, igbos are learners near yorubas

They "sell" their daughters.. it's common knowledge love is for the highest bidder there

They love money, we all know they can go any length just to get that ego as their whole world revolves around money
They must have say in their family meetings and become chieftains. all na money

As regards respect, omo no go there, they use sliding kick to wake their fathers, some go to the extent of using dirty slaps or punch (na dem sabi)

no tribe is perfect but these guys own too much abeg

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by tillaman(m): 8:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
Igbo kwenu, I hail una o, my south eastern brodas and sis, got so much respect for y'all, especially the aba and onitsha guys, they re really ready to make a change, very intelligent and innovative minds!!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Withambition(m): 8:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
legendte:
Remove assistance from federal government, no tribe can beat Igbo in any human endeavour.

Just mention that sector you think. Unless the Igbos are not into it. It's not bragging. People do have some inherent characteristics and NEVER GIVE UP is one undeniable characteristics of the Igbos.

The Igbo boy selling gala on the street has a strong will to own gala factory. He puts his energy into whatever he believes in.

That's who we are.
Igbo ndi oma kwenu
[b]Brother calm down! Before you brag put your house in order. Accepted! Even if Nigeria breaks up Igbos will be the ones to suffer the least. However, this is at the initial stage because the Igbos will still have problem with themselves and finally go down the drainage. This means they will be overtaken by Yorubas and, if care is not taken, the Hausas. A typical Igbo man does not want to submit to anybody which is totally against human nature and characteristics; even divine law dictates that someone must lead at one poin in time while others follow. This shows will it is and may continue to be difficult for the Igbos to produce a President in Nigeria. There is nothing Pride can add to you or your tribe, put your house in order! Shall I give you an example? It is very difficult for a Yoruba boy to contest talk more of win the election for the Student Union Presidency of a University in the South-East while an Igbo boy can will the same position in the South-West. You think it is smartness and defending your territory? Have you ever heard of a King reigning in slavery in the quest to enforce his Kingly authority? That is the true picture of the Igbos.

Also, as industrious as Igbos can be and which I quite appreciate them for, an Igbo man can go to any extent because of money if we are not to deceive ourselves. I quite commend the fact that it's vary rear to see an Igbo man begging for alms. However, it is sardonic that quite a number can wear wear clothes of lawlessness in the name of money must be made. By the nature of my profession, I'm sure of my fact!

I can go on and on and on but my advice is that you do a re-orientation among yourselves. I feel if the federal allocation is withdrawn, Igbos will be very competitive against themselves and this will MOST LIKELY be a clog in the wheel of their progress.

Once again, your bragging is of no relevance if you can't put your house in order![/b]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Cyriloha(m): 8:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
lushrolake:

Stop telling lies ibos girls are dirtier than yoruba girls. My first year in sch we had an ibo room mate and we all complained of how dirty the girl is even the delta girl in the room was always complaining. Same thing in my third year too I pitied my friends who had more than one ibo roomiegrin grin their room was like pig stygrin grin many other experiences with them but let me just stop here.At least the only dirty yoruba girl I kno was a little better.Stop lying to people.

Oboy why you de lie like this taa shut up you lair Muhammad if a yellowbar girls removes her pant and throw it on your face you will vomit till you go down six fit but I don't blame you it's not gonna be smiling to you because it's what you eat everyday okay enjoy it

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by lx3as(m): 8:21pm On Jan 25, 2017
tankara1010:
The fair skin thing is not a generalization but a fact. If I come across a fair skinned person in Nigeria or abroad who is a Nigerian, he is either Igbo or from Akwa Ibom, and some from Cross River. I have never ever come across a light skinned Yoruba man or hausa man( not fulani) in my life...not once except they are mixed! But I have across countless of light skinned Igbo men and some Ibibios.

Then you have not gone beyond your village!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Cyriloha(m): 8:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
LecciGucci:

Are u on bbm?

Bro deleted that shoot too but any goods there so that I will open it back goods to bring more ey or add me on what's app 08065604047

1 Like

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
Cyriloha:

Oboy why you de lie like this taa shut up you lair Muhammad if a yellowbar girls removes her pant and throw it on your face you will vomit till you go down six fit but I don't blame you it's not gonna be smiling to you because it's what you eat everyday okay enjoy it
No need to shut me up. I've lived with ibos in and outside the hostel I cant pick a yoruba girl that is as dirty as them that's the bitter truth but I guess you ibos are used to it so its kind of normal behaviour for you. Quick secret my edo friend dumped his ibo ex because she was too dirty.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by LecciGucci: 8:26pm On Jan 25, 2017
Cyriloha:

Bro deleted that shoot too but any goods there so that I will open it back goods to bring more ey or add me on what's app

U can edit and delet ur number.
After i will remove too
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by John902(m): 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2017
legendte:
Remove assistance from federal government, no tribe can beat Igbo in any human endeavour.

Just mention that sector you think. Unless the Igbos are not into it. It's not bragging. People do have some inherent characteristics and NEVER GIVE UP is one undeniable characteristics of the Igbos.

The Igbo boy selling gala on the street has a strong will to own gala factory. He puts his energy into whatever he believes in.

That's who we are.
Igbo ndi oma kwenu
how about drug pushing

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Cyriloha(m): 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2017
LecciGucci:

U can edit and delet ur number.
After i will remove too

Oh nah true so copy because obi adiro some guys mma here
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by specco(m): 8:29pm On Jan 25, 2017
Zico5:
You try my man, but trying to justify people perception about igbo is nothing. We all know all these things u stated above. Just help us beg them to stop destroying our image abroad. Drug business is no business, its shortcut to life destruction. We are tired of malaysia and indonesia news.
Which tribe is known for Credit card fraud abroad? Which tribe is known for money rituals at home? Are they Igbos?, definitely not. It is human nature to easily brand an competetor who you couldnt catch up with no matter how you try.
While some able bodied young men of a tribe prefer to wake up early morning, drink 'paraga' and carry sticks to pursue danfo drivers at Lagos bus stops, their Igbo counterparts have decent businesses to attend to. Igbos are industrious and successful and that elicits envy and hatred sometimes.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Cyriloha(m): 8:31pm On Jan 25, 2017
lushrolake:

No need to shut me up. I've lived with ibos in and outside the hostel I cant pick a yoruba girl that is as dirty as them that's the bitter truth but I guess you ibos are used to it so its kind of normal behaviour for you. Quick secret my edo friend dumped his ibo ex because she was too dirty.

Come somebody should slap this guy of my way before I use him for money rituals it's my mind ooo this is 2017 guy need to plus

1 Like

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by LecciGucci: 8:32pm On Jan 25, 2017
sorextee:
But sincerely, I feel more safe, if im away, and my gf is at home, with my igbo friend, than a yoruba friend. I honestly dont have yoruba frnds sef. I see most peeps say igbos always feel as if they re d wisest. That's a lie. Its yorubas that always feel that way, which they arent.
One time in skool, I had a yoruba frnd. He was quite close to a girl I was admiring. I told him to do the connect, which he did. Along d line, he started feeling jealous. Lng story short, he ended up snatching d girl from me. D girl is also yoruba. And other several betrayals ive gotten from yoruba FRIENDS. If u see a yoruba guy ND girl, calling their selves names like AUNTY MI, BRODA MI, SISTER MI, UNCLE MI, etc. If u do a background check, they re nacking each other.

Bros u nailed it!..
My friend lost his gf to a yoruba guy!
The guy told him a screte and beg him to keep it sealed... but later the yoruba guy usrd it against him and snatched d gal till today

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by John902(m): 8:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
sorextee:
Gbam

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Cyriloha(m): 8:34pm On Jan 25, 2017
[quote author=Cyriloha post=53128042]

Bro deleted that shoot too but any goods there so that I will open it back goods to bring more ey or add me on what's app
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by chris31(m): 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2017
Zico5:
You try my man, but trying to justify people perception about igbo is nothing. We all know all these things u stated above. Just help us beg them to stop destroying our image abroad. Drug business is no business, its shortcut to life destruction. We are tired of malaysia and indonesia news.
And tell d hausa/fulani to stop tarnishing Nigerian image in d name terroism.
Also the Afonja to desist from ritual

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by kizking: 8:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
I don't really understand how Igbo are proud or show off to other tribes when all they do is targeted at their fellow kinsmen

1 Like

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
godquality:
And how is that stereotypical when it's fact? You forget drug pushers by the way...

.. yahoo.yahoo and money rituals comes to mind
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by sorextee(m): 9:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
Mine too is quite similar.
Even at my office sef, one of my Yoruba colleague was eyeing a girl that is(still) tripping for me. He added her on Facebook. This guy is married fa. He was telling her say me I be junior staff(which is a lie) and him be senior. He will spoil her better Dan me. Told her hes not married,etc. This life ehn..

LecciGucci:

Bros u nailed it!..
My friend lost his gf to a yoruba guy!
They guy told him a screte and beg him to keep it sealed... but later the yoruba guy usrd it against him and snatched d gal till today

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. / Igwe Alex Nwokedi Of Achalla Is Dead / Rukayat Adeteju Adeyemi And Hakeem Adesina Folarin’s Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.