Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:35 AM

Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing (34147 Views)

Niger Deltan Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing / Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing / Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by kanayogod(m): 7:01am On Jan 26, 2017
ednut1:
d village dry sha o. if not for umuagu heheheh
Thats the scene generally, its a rustic old village. But we good pple.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Nature8(m): 7:12am On Jan 26, 2017
legendte:
Remove assistance from federal government, no tribe can beat Igbo in any human endeavour.

Just mention that sector you think. Unless the Igbos are not into it. It's not bragging. People do have some inherent characteristics and NEVER GIVE UP is one undeniable characteristics of the Igbos.

The Igbo boy selling gala on the street has a strong will to own gala factory. He puts his energy into whatever he believes in.

That's who we are.
Igbo ndi oma kwenu

Fact..

1 Like

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by sorextee(m): 7:17am On Jan 26, 2017
So u see snatching of ones gf as a sign of accomplishment. What a wow.. undecided

slurryeye:

Moral of the lesson dude. You're one hell of a weak as.s

You dey shine a congo before, and your friend use swag snatched the puna wey you dey knack. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Haven't you heard the Okafor law of congo dynamics?

Weak as.s niggar
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by uvalued(m): 7:53am On Jan 26, 2017
i
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 26, 2017
Cyriloha:

Come somebody should slap this guy of my way before I use him for money rituals it's my mind ooo this is 2017 guy need to plus

The truth hurts so much ba? grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by slurryeye: 8:02am On Jan 26, 2017
sorextee:
So u see snatching of ones gf as a sign of accomplishment. What a wow.. undecided

Nobody snatched your gf. You're too weak. And stop displaying signs of weakness as a man. No girl wants a weak dude. Besides that girl is not the only girl in the world. Get over it already
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by MENELIK1: 8:24am On Jan 26, 2017
sorextee:
I seriously agree with u let's say 93%. In my place far north, there are so many Igbo's there, who were born and bred. They even behave more like Hausa's sef. Its just when they mention their name, that's wen u know they are Igbo's. I had this Igbo friend then, I.k. I just love their family. This guy look Hausa finish, dress like den, speak d language sef. When boko haram started their carnage in borno, their family refused to leave o. Saying they rather die than run away. Unlike one tribe like dat , na dem full luxurious buses, going to d west. cheesy among the three major tribes, Igbo's are d most hardworking. I respect and envy them for that. Unlike my fellow Hausa's. We are the laziest. We no like work, except to beg and wait for government allocation.

King Kong of Nigeria, what were you doing at the bus park up to the level that you know the tribe that filled luxurious buses? I have said it here once that all the lies peddled against the great yorubas in Nigeria by the red mud jews and their sympathisers initially were standing because the Omoluwabis did not refute them, but for it not to become true later on, they have started refuting those lies. Here is another one, during the June 12 crises which wasn't as bad as Boko Haram, the Osus fled Lagos in droves, I don't know what held them back in Borno now as you want us to believe.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Mikylopez(f): 8:38am On Jan 26, 2017
YourNemesis:
Their men also love wearing cheap necklace and color rioting attires. grin
hatred has taken over ur soul and brain it is well....
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Collyno82(m): 8:47am On Jan 26, 2017
Zico5:
You try my man, but trying to justify people perception about igbo is nothing. We all know all these things u stated above. Just help us beg them to stop destroying our image abroad. Drug business is no business, its shortcut to life destruction. We are tired of malaysia and indonesia news.
Is Tinubu the Chicago drug Baron from Ibo? Kpachala Anya gi oooh
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by legendte(m): 8:59am On Jan 26, 2017
lawani:

Yes Igbos are not violent by nature and Hausas that kill because of religion, do so as a form of mental illness caused by centuries of subversion under religion but as Igbos have input in Lagos, Yorubas also have in PH!, then in other SE cities, though they are small cities. In Lagos, the Chinese have bigger businesses and employ more than Igbos, Hausas too employ, you go to East, Yoruba employ. So why do you always mention Lagos? Eagle Cement PH was established by Yoruba man! Which company is like that by Igbos in the West? In Nigeria today, world reknown cities are Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, PH, Benin, Ogbomosho, Zaria, Maiduguri. Only PH is developed by Igbos, controlled by Igbos. Will you say Ogbomosho, Ibadan, Lagos were developed by Igbos? No! Igbos have input but minority input. Go to your SE, Yoruba have input there too!. So when the chips are down, you have control over only Ala Igbo and that is how it should be!. If you mix everything up, you have issues. Put your money more where you control but there is also advantage in spreading out. However, we dont have more Igbos in the West than Hausas, neither are Igbos making more money than Hausas in the West. Check it yourself but Igbos tend to lose themselves in the West more, they integrate more. That is the issue but Igbos should focus more on their land. Dont leave your land deserted! That is not wise! No city up to Ogbomosho in the East!. That to me is not right.
I'm with you on the issue of going back home to build our place. Every other opinion you mentioned is based on wrong information. How did you come up with the knowledge that Eagle cement is owned by a yoruba man? Apart from Yoruba tribe, no other tribe can lay claim to being the biggest contributor to Lagos economy. From Capital oil down to orange drugs and down to small businesses in the states. We own mansions and pay taxes there. Do you know how much the state generates from markets in Lagos? Ladikpo, idumota, Alaba just mention any of them. If we take statistics well, we might have more funds there than the yorubas but I am not happy about that. El Rufai once said that Igbos should stop agitating for a new state that Abuja is our state. Sounds funny but go to wuse market, go to Idu and the rest. Almost all the aluminium companies and building materials sales are owned by Igbos. I wouldn't totally blame them because I know the origin. Apart from the effects of the civil war, Lagos was the capital of the country and it is vital to any business because of its closeness to the oceans. Again it has received enough patronage by FG.
Please remind me of one investment of any non Igbo in the South East. The only tribe that contributes marginally is the fulani due to their agro business. Even at that, they have no single landed property in SE
I stand to be corrected
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by lawani: 9:16am On Jan 26, 2017
legendte:

I'm with you on the issue of going back home to build our place. Every other opinion you mentioned is based on wrong information. How did you come up with the knowledge that Eagle cement is owned by a yoruba man? Apart from Yoruba tribe, no other tribe can lay claim to being the biggest contributor to Lagos economy. From Capital oil down to orange drugs and down to small businesses in the states. We own mansions and pay taxes there. Do you know how much the state generates from markets in Lagos? Ladikpo, idumota, Alaba just mention any of them. If we take statistics well, we might have more funds there than the yorubas but I am not happy about that. El Rufai once said that Igbos should stop agitating for a new state that Abuja is our state. Sounds funny but go to wuse market, go to Idu and the rest. Almost all the aluminium companies and building materials sales are owned by Igbos. I wouldn't totally blame them because I know the origin. Apart from the effects of the civil war, Lagos was the capital of the country and it is vital to any business because of its closeness to the oceans. Again it has received enough patronage by FG.
Please remind me of one investment of any non Igbo in the South East. The only tribe that contributes marginally is the fulani due to their agro business. Even at that, they have no single landed property in SE
I stand to be corrected

Hausas too have small businesses scattered around Lagos just like Igbos! How is that of Igbos different?. Then add all your orange drugs and etc. Are they up to half of Dangote in employment? Let us be realistic!. Igbos control market, Hausas control market. Have you calculated profit to know who is making more? Lets face facts please. Igbos dont have more than Hausas in Lagos and both combined dont have 20 percent in Lagos. We still have Chinese, Indians, Europeans, Lebanese and etc. It is really an insult to insinuate that Igbos have more money than Yorubas in Lagos! How do you mean?

Captain Haastrup established Eagle Cement. He was initiator and biggest investor, he was chairman and a whole jetty in Port Harcourt port complex is named Haastrup jetty for that. What Igbo man did that for us here? Let us fear God o.

Then when we talk of trading. All areas have markets. Supermarkets, stalls, food markets, retailers, distributorships and etc. Add the trading sector together meaning everything being sold or traded and maybe 90 percent of profits go to the indigenous traders.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Aawizdom(m): 9:19am On Jan 26, 2017
[quote author=legendte post=53126606]Remove assistance from federal government, no tribe can beat Igbo in any human endeavour.

Just mention that sector you think. Unless the Igbos are not into it. It's not bragging. People do have some inherent characteristics and NEVER GIVE UP is one undeniable characteristics of the Igbos.

The Igbo boy selling gala on the street has a strong will to own gala factory. He puts his energy into whatever he believes in.

That's who we are.
Igbo ndi oma kwenu[/quote

I m an Hausa and I believe u.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Opakan2: 10:22am On Jan 26, 2017
JuneOctober:

Sliding what? Just visit any of your Igbo friends and tell them to use that 'sliding kick' to wake their parents. Wait patiently for the response.
Lol. Your exaggeration tho'. grin Dirty slaps or punch? That got me laughing.

*smiles
is that your baby? she is very pretty
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Withambition(m): 11:25pm On Jan 27, 2017
legendte:
Remove assistance from federal government, no tribe can beat Igbo in any human endeavour.

That's who we are.
Igbo ndi oma kwenu
My Chairman, I most humbly repeat, put your house in order. If not, the Igbos will continue to wallow in slavery coated with pride in the struggle to become king. This was corroborated by this popular Igbo man most of us know. In fact, someone commented "this one of the best articles I have read lately
It is not peculiar to the SE, it affects all the regions and it appeals to my liberal dispensation"
Please read on :
*Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy *
I guess it's about time I break my silence on this matter. From 1967 to 1970 my youth was scandalised with the horrors of the Nigerian civil war. I was never on the front line as a fighting soldier, but I was in the boys’ brigade transmitting from the naval headquarters then in Oguta. With the daily air raids and the smell of death all around us, we were thankful everyday we managed to stay alive.
I remember a sight that have never left me till today at the tail end of the civil war. I was walking down the street on my way to the stream to fetch water, lo and behold was the sound of death (air raids) As we all ran in different direction looking for a safe place to take cover, I turned around to figure the direction my friends were running in, all of a sudden I saw the head of one off them yanked off the body, as a result of the fighter jets that killed innocent civilians for fun, what a horrible sight for a 17yr old. The words of plato “only the dead see the end of war” were forever engrained in my thoughts.

I am a proud Igbo man, a home boy and a native fowl. No demo. My friends call me Igbotic not because am a nerd, or a jewman. But because I represent and symbolise all the characteristics of a typical igbo man pre the civil war. The Igbos may have short circuited their political growth, but it doesn't take away the fact that we are great Nigerians. I have learnt to be more Igbotic than I ever expected. As an igbo man, I have learnt to be more profitable in the things that I do. I have perfected the art of being tenacious in any dream I chase; to be industrious, consistent and powerfully focused. All the lessons I learnt from my brothers in the tribe have made me dogged, hardworking and exhibiting the ability and capacity to survive in any kind of weather. I am an original Nwa Biafra.

Needless to say that the igbo man is known to be one of the most entrepreneurial mind in the country. So it is particularly pathetic and unfortunate when some ignorant youths talk about this illusion called Biafra. History should teach us that Nationhood is Bloody, Hard and almost impossible when fantasy is the currency of demand. Even as Nigerians, see how our docility is killing our humanity. Didn't the fall of Biafra after the genocide and the suffering of my people teach us anything? Haven't we been marginalised enough? I Believe the Failure of the igbo nation is the fault of the people elites and decision makers. Why have we not poured our energy, capacity and Ability into making the South East the Dubai of the Nation as well as the engine room of the Nigerian Economy? Who would be our leaders when the south east is infested with political power grabbers, 419ers, mindless criminals and looters of our commonwealth and resources? Need I mention names?

See how we have migrated to different parts of Nigeria and the world which is good, made it home and developed our immediate environment. Why are we neglecting our home base, why are we running away from developing the South East?

Our problem may not after all be the man in Aso Rock from Daura or the ordinary Hausa or Yoruba man on the Streets of Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Warri or Ogbomosho. The problem is the lack of men of integrity and a progressive mind set. We lack the right kind of leadership that will fight for the interest of the People. Let it be clear to all that the suffering of the People from the South East is also the suffering of the people from the other geopolitical zones in Nigeria. It is therefore retrospectively insane to begin to think that a people with
a problem would suddenly be relieved when they are attached with a tag #BIAFRA; What Nonsense and Insanity! Now how do you begin to imagine that while the agitation for the state of Biafra is being demanded by the gullible Ibo youths, those who have been or are in position of authority are either not interested or are continuing their expansive investments in other part of Nigeria? Who dem dey deceive? They divide us daily with Religion, Tribalism, Ethnicity and Petty Bigotry even among the Tribes and Ethnic composition in the South East there is divisiveness. Why is Namdi Kanu yet to realize that the Dreams of Nationhood are lost in the Altar of Deception.

Have we even considered that the population of my people from the south east outside the Region is twice the population of those in the south east? How can we who are supposed to be looking at making the South East the centralised Industrial Hub of the Nigeria Nation be the ones who are driving a wedge of unrealistic fantasy between Nigeria and our own people? When President Muhammadu Buhari sings the localisation and Nigerianazation song; We should be the ones to drive the narrative, because We Can.. When you have a willing Partner, who is interested in the Nigerianization of the Nigerian Economy; Why are some of my people busy creating or Poisoning the environment that are ordinarily designed to favour that which will promote the industrialization of the South East. Why have we become the enemy of our own home? Why hasn't the "think home mentality” arrested every igbo billionaires and millionaires? Why are we eliminating the chances of Ibonising the Nigerian Economy by Nationalizing the Ibo Thought for a United and Prosperous Nigeria as well as for the benefits of all?

I cannot STAND here and tell you there are no problems of trust in Nigeria. I will be the last to say that the Ibo nation has not undergone persecution. I will be foolish to ignore the hunger that was used as a tool to starve the Ibo Nation during the civil war. I am perfectly in the know about the problems of the Nigeria structure, Abeg make we know our History but use am to work today to perfect tomorrow.

No one can argue the facts, and the facts are clear. The major problem of the Ibo Nation is also the major issue with the Nigeria State. 'The Mindset'. The Mind must first be liberated, the thoughts must be harmonised and the people of the South East, my dear brothers and sisters must know that the development of the region is horrible because the leaders in the region have failed. Politically, Religiously, Societally and Communally. Over the past decades; where is the Accountability from the leadership with regards;

1. FAAC;
2. IGR;
3. LOCAL BONDS;
4. FOREIGN DEVELOPMENTAL LOANS;
5. AIDS; GRANTS & BUDGETARY SUPPORT;
6. THE MANY FEDERAL PROJECTS IN THE REGION etc

The Failure of Leadership is evident in our agitation for Fairness, Justice and Equality for every Nigerian not just for every Ibo man. And so the Mind of the typical Ibo Leader Needs a Revolution to be realigned for the Interest of the People rather than the interest of their pockets. Biafra is not the Solution, I truly don't think so. So, Igbo ndi Oma. Let's focus on our home land and begin to demand accountability and responsibility from many of our Scammers, Riffraff’s and Fraudsters in the Ibo Kingdom called leaders. Let's us pause on the fantasy tagged Biafra for now. Let's us dutifully work ourselves back into reckoning, by industrialising our home base. 

I know we can, and we should. 

I also urge Mr President to show mercy on our brother Nnamdi Kanu; Him be Pikin.

Biafra, my Igboticness is always on my mind because #OURMUMUDONDO.

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/01/charly-boy-speaks-on-biafra-for-very.html
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 28, 2017
grin grin grin

Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by cuminside: 1:10pm On Jan 28, 2017
lawani:

Igbos in the main buy things others make and sell at a profit. What about Hausas who do manual labor, who produce specific foods and control the market, Ebiras who farm, Urhobos who are specialists in palm oil? If all you do is trade, you are a weak link in the chain and can be easily replaced. No be by hustle my brother.

You didn't answer my question. How will Nigeria be affected when all Afonjas sit at home for one week. Stop glorying on others, I need yours please
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by lawani: 6:03pm On Jan 28, 2017
cuminside:

You didn't answer my question. How will Nigeria be affected when all Afonjas sit at home for one week. Stop glorying on others, I need yours please

Who has Igbos produced to rival the great Afonja who died at the post of a Yoruba nationalist saying the position of Chief Imam of Ilorin is not hereditary for Sheu Alimi? They killed him yet later followed his advise!. So that was a great man. What again are Igbos producing? All kinds of farm produce come from Hausa land which our people can not do without. In Kano, their kolanuts come from Yoruba land, Yoruba produce substantial cocoa etc. They are professionals, artisans etc all over the North and East. They dominate skilled enterprise, yet you make foolish statements? Better go and sit down!.
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by cuminside: 5:27am On Jan 29, 2017
lawani:

Who has Igbos produced to rival the great Afonja who died at the post of a Yoruba nationalist saying the position of Chief Imam of Ilorin is not hereditary for Sheu Alimi? They killed him yet later followed his advise!. So that was a great man. What again are Igbos producing? All kinds of farm produce come from Hausa land which our people can not do without. In Kano, their kolanuts come from Yoruba land, Yoruba produce substantial cocoa etc. They are professionals, artisans etc all over the North and East. They dominate skilled enterprise, yet you make foolish statements? Better go and sit down!.

Non entities only good at making noise and envying others. I just asked you this question to reveal how you people are nothing but parasites to Nigeria. Hausa ; The food basket of the nation. SS; bread winner of the nation. SE; the economic engine room of the nation. SW;? nothing but parasites, leeches, contributing nothing to the economy but good at running others down with their stinking mouth. Noise makers, the earlier you realize that you people are useless to Nigeria, the better for you
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by cuminside: 5:44am On Jan 29, 2017
Zico5:

So shall u be ahead of us in bad and ugly in jesus name. We pray u continue to develop our region while ur region become enclave of hazard and erosion. U shall be moving in to boost the glory of lagos in jesus name.

Lagos that have already been taken over by the fulani, didn't read the sign of Sanusi"s word. You are daydreaming. just be prepared to join your kinsmen in Cotonou when an Emir will be installed there just like kwara,
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by Zico5(m): 5:47am On Jan 29, 2017
cuminside:

Lagos that have already been taken over by the fulani, didn't read the sign of Sanusi"s word. You are daydreaming. just be prepared to join your kinsmen in Cotonou when an Emir will be installed there just like kwara,
U are still commenting on this tale news. U are deluded and have no job.
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by cuminside: 6:05am On Jan 29, 2017
[quote author=Zico5 post=53223186]
U are still commenting on this tale news. U are deluded and have no job. [/q

I don't work in the church bro
Re: Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing by chekas111: 8:01pm On Jan 29, 2017
Spidermon:

0151085746. GTB. Make my day. If the guy dey shy, no be me.
I wanted to give him money for being a low-life tribalist

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

High Chief, Fatai Olumegbon Is Dead / Oba Akintunde Akinyemi Threatens To Release ‘Warriors’ Against Herdsmen / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi In Brazil With His Wives (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.