Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:06 AM

Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? (11671 Views)

Leadership Newspaper Website Hacked / Is Daily Independent Newspaper Website Back Up Yet? / Creating A Newspaper Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by linkfactor: 9:35am On Dec 14, 2009
I guess the very passionate critics of the model never really made any error in their own business concepts (if they ever had any). I think it's better when you realise your mistake and correct it than not to have tried at all. It's a lesson. They've moved on. Let's move on too. Punch in my opinion still remains one of the best dailies in Nigeria.

My 2kobo.
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:16pm On Dec 15, 2009
the best? maybe formerly but not anymore angry
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by adeg(m): 9:40am On Jan 13, 2010
Please what's the url again ??
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by yawatide(f): 10:53am On Jan 13, 2010
google it
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by adeg(m): 11:05am On Jan 13, 2010
yawa-ti-de:

google it
done dat even b4 posting here with no fruitful results
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by DualCore1: 11:15am On Jan 13, 2010
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by adeg(m): 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2010
Dual Core:

d'uh!
www.punchng.com
which is now exact replica of punchontheweb.com
how dumb
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by yawatide(f): 4:10pm On Jan 13, 2010
adeg,

You know, when I first noticed that they had 2 domains pointing to the same codebase, I thought the same as you. But then, I got to thinking: maybe one is parked and merely a server redirect to the other. If this were the case, then it makes sense to me. Many other corporations do this. For example, try www.gogle.com and see where it (hopefully smiley) takes you. I even did same for a client last year.

Possible reasons:
1) Users may mistype a url

2) For an SEO campaign, some companies may try different URLs and then track to see which one brings the most traffic

3) Sometimes a site may have had a url for ages but because it isn't one we might remember easily, rather than discontinue the old one, they set up a new, much shorter one and point traffic to the new one.
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by DualCore1: 4:15pm On Jan 13, 2010
Adeg
If na only one road dey lead to your favorite night club you go like am? tongue
You know how many times you'll get busted on that road by ur babe? grin
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by adeg(m): 4:50pm On Jan 13, 2010
Then we can conclude that their online version of the paper print is no longer available
Dual Core:

Adeg
If na only one road dey lead to your favorite night club you go like am? tongue
You know how many times you'll get busted on that road by your babe? grin
d'uh!
yawa-ti-de:

adeg,

You know, when I first noticed that they had 2 domains pointing to the same codebase, I thought the same as you. But then, I got to thinking: maybe one is parked and merely a server redirect to the other. If this were the case, then it makes sense to me. Many other corporations do this. For example, try www.gogle.com and see where it (hopefully smiley) takes you. I even did same for a client last year.

Possible reasons:
1) Users may mistype a url

2) For an SEO campaign, some companies may try different URLs and then track to see which one brings the most traffic

3) Sometimes a site may have had a url for ages but because it isn't one we might remember easily, rather than discontinue the old one, they set up a new, much shorter one and point traffic to the new one.

yeah, u r right. thks. I do hv some rudimentary knowledge of these stuffs too.
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by DualCore1: 4:55pm On Jan 13, 2010
adeg:

d'uh!
'scuse you?!
Sorry Saint, u dont have to respond. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Naira Exchange Rate On Nigeria Paypal??? / At What Naira Exchange Rate Does Adsense Pay? / Disadvantages Of Dating A Blogger (website Owner).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.