Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 (21514 Views)

New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta / Buchi Emecheta, Exit Of A Rock Of Feminism / 9 Memorable And Inspiring Quotes From Buchi Emecheta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by oglalasioux(m): 1:55pm On Jan 26, 2017
Ofoegbus:
Sad news as One of Nigerias iconic literary figure Buchi Emecheta passes away on Wednesday, 25th day of January 2016 at the age of 72 in London.

Emecheta who was born in Lagos on 21 July 1944 published more than 20 books throughout her career with her notable literary works on Second class citizen, Joy of Motherhood, Efuru and The Bride Price

At this point, I have to say is RIP

Source
http://www.askngn.com/buchi-emecheta-dies-nigerians-mourn/

Efuru was by Flora Nwakpa.

RIP to Buchi Emecheta.
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 26, 2017
"Efuru" is authored by Flora Nwapa not Emecheta
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by mumels(m): 2:01pm On Jan 26, 2017
Slimszy:

Because you dont read or prolly u are not a versatile reader

Ekpele eyin Versatile reader
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by rossychik(f): 4:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
I really loved some of her books esp. efuru second class citizen n joys of motherhood. we did some of her novels under feminism
rest in peace maam
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by SuccyJ(f): 5:06pm On Jan 26, 2017
I just saw this now and I screamed. bn wondering where she's bn all this time. I loved Joys of Motherhood and The Slave Girl.

RIP Ma you did a great job.
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by prof800(m): 12:25am On Jan 27, 2017
The joys of motherhood.

Rest well Buchi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Of The Pack (18+) / CROSS (magic. Sorcery. Myth) / "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.