Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince (940 Views)

The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Under Attack? Put On The Whole Armour Of God - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / Confessing Your Righteousness Pleases God - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:27am On Jan 26, 2017
1 Corinthians 1:24
....to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

People today run after two things: miraculous signs and wonders, and knowledge. It was no different in Bible times. The apostle Paul acknowledged that “Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom”. (1 Corinthians 1:22)

So when Paul preached Christ crucified as God’s solution to them, the message was “to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness”. (1 Corinthians 1:23) They didn’t understand how getting a revelation of Jesus and His death could give them the miracles they needed or the wisdom they wanted.

Beloved, we don’t have to run after miracles or wisdom today. We just need to run after Jesus because He is “the power of God and the wisdom of God”. The more we know Christ and Christ crucified, the more we will have the power and wisdom of God.

Several church members have shared how they have seen the power of God blast financial debts out of their lives. Not knowing what to do about their debts, they looked to the Lord to deliver them. And the Lord was able to do so mightily because He is indeed the power of God.

So if you are facing a financial debt, Christ has the power to remove the debt. And because He is also the wisdom of God, He will show you where you went wrong and teach you how to stay out of debt!

Let me give you another illustration. Let’s say a man, whose wife has left him, looks to Jesus to bring his wife back. Christ, the power of God, brings about a miraculous restoration of their marriage. But it is Christ, the wisdom of God, who will teach the husband how to keep his wife by showing him what he had done wrong and what to do to strengthen the marriage. If the husband does not have this wisdom, it will only be a matter of time before the same problems surface and his wife leaves him again.

My friend, Christ is both the power and wisdom of God to us. As the power of God, He removes obstacles in our paths. As the wisdom of God, He continually directs our paths!

Thought For The Day

As the power of God, Christ removes obstacles in our paths. As the wisdom of God, He continually directs our paths!

http://www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/christ-the-power-and-wisdom-of-god/
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:19pm On Jan 26, 2017
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by johnw74: 12:55am On Jan 27, 2017
Christ, the power of God:

2Co_12:9  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

read Gen 1:2

Christ, the wisdom of God:

Pro 8:14  Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.

read Pro 8:22-30

Christ, the Word of God:

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

read Isa 9:6
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:11am On Jan 27, 2017
. . .
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2018
Lord Jesus
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by AlexRi(f): 7:34pm On Jun 30, 2018
Powerful and 'wisdomful' piece! Thank you Jesus
jiggaz:
1 Corinthians 1:24
....to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

People today run after two things: miraculous signs and wonders, and knowledge. It was no different in Bible times. The apostle Paul acknowledged that “Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom”. (1 Corinthians 1:22)

So when Paul preached Christ crucified as God’s solution to them, the message was “to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness”. (1 Corinthians 1:23) They didn’t understand how getting a revelation of Jesus and His death could give them the miracles they needed or the wisdom they wanted.

Beloved, we don’t have to run after miracles or wisdom today. We just need to run after Jesus because He is “the power of God and the wisdom of God”. The more we know Christ and Christ crucified, the more we will have the power and wisdom of God.

Several church members have shared how they have seen the power of God blast financial debts out of their lives. Not knowing what to do about their debts, they looked to the Lord to deliver them. And the Lord was able to do so mightily because He is indeed the power of God.

So if you are facing a financial debt, Christ has the power to remove the debt. And because He is also the wisdom of God, He will show you where you went wrong and teach you how to stay out of debt!

Let me give you another illustration. Let’s say a man, whose wife has left him, looks to Jesus to bring his wife back. Christ, the power of God, brings about a miraculous restoration of their marriage. But it is Christ, the wisdom of God, who will teach the husband how to keep his wife by showing him what he had done wrong and what to do to strengthen the marriage. If the husband does not have this wisdom, it will only be a matter of time before the same problems surface and his wife leaves him again.

My friend, Christ is both the power and wisdom of God to us. As the power of God, He removes obstacles in our paths. As the wisdom of God, He continually directs our paths!

Thought For The Day

As the power of God, Christ removes obstacles in our paths. As the wisdom of God, He continually directs our paths!

http://www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/christ-the-power-and-wisdom-of-god/
Powerful and 'wisdomful' piece! Thank you Jesus
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2018
AlexRi:
Powerful and 'wisdomful' piece! Thank you JesusPowerful and 'wisdomful' piece! Thank you Jesus
Very powerful...
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
Lord Jesus
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:16pm On Jul 13, 2018
I see grace
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:50am On Jul 14, 2018
Lord Jesus
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2018
Lord Jesus ......
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2018
Lord Jesus thanks for everything!!
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:34am On Dec 30, 2018
Morning
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:55am On Jan 08, 2019
Morning ....
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:19pm On May 02, 2021
Greatttt
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 11:31am On Dec 18, 2021
jiggaz:
Lord Jesus
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2021
Glory
Re: Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:31am On Apr 01, 2023
Boom

(1) (Reply)

Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? / Is There A Thing Such As Luck, Does Luck Exist? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/11/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.