Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,321 members, 7,829,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? (944 Views)

Six Wrong Reasons For Attending Church / Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" / Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by crunchyg: 6:35am On May 28, 2017
Due to what has been happening these days and what some pastors are doing every day, do you still have the zeal and eagerness to dress up and go to church on Sundays or do you feel tired and reluctant to go to church these days, when you know abominable things some men of God do outside church and you can serve your God on your own.
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by nairalandbuzz(m): 6:36am On May 28, 2017
It's been long I attended Sunday Service sha...as I don't believe in Sunday Service

I attend MFM and I don't believe in anybody that's got flesh but I expect much from my Pastor.

I prefer Wednesday weekly service

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by felixomor: 6:38am On May 28, 2017
It means you have been going to church because of the pastors.
Not because of Jesus Christ.

So go to church because of Christ
Not because of man.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by SoftP(m): 6:38am On May 28, 2017
On the last day, all man shall stand for himself...

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by pressplay411(m): 6:46am On May 28, 2017
O'bobs The battle with the conscience is Epic today.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by pressplay411(m): 6:49am On May 28, 2017
felixomor:

Not because of man.

How about you go because of God?
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by Viking007(m): 6:59am On May 28, 2017
I can't remember the last time I went to church.
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by felixomor: 7:01am On May 28, 2017
pressplay411:

How about you go because of God?
Yes
And You?
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by nairalandbuzz(m): 7:03am On May 28, 2017
felixomor:

Not because of man.

So, you don't mind if you give your tithe to the wrong purse

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by felixomor: 7:06am On May 28, 2017
nairalandbuzz:

So, you don't mind if you give your tithe to the wrong purse
There is no such thing as wrong purse.
Its your soul. Between u and God.

But wait, I thought the problem was "going to church"?

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by creamylicious(f): 7:18am On May 28, 2017
two months ago was d last time i went to church..... on Saturday i will be anticipating but on Sunday morning like this every anticipation dies
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by pressplay411(m): 7:21am On May 28, 2017
felixomor:

Yes
And You?

You clearly worship Jesus, not God.
So stop critiquing those worshipping pastors when you're no different.
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by Scatterscatter(m): 7:22am On May 28, 2017
I pity people with this pathetic orientation, it only shows you aren't a Christian yet, just a church-goer.

Everybody will be judged individually and there won't be any excuse on the last day. Your pastor will face his judgment while you face yours.

Keep using recent despicable act of pastors as an excuse for not worshipping and forsaking the gathering of the brethren

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by felixomor: 7:26am On May 28, 2017
pressplay411:

You clearly worship Jesus, not God.
So stop critiquing those worshipping pastors when you're no different.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

As you can see, u are not conversant with scripture.
From that scripture,
This thread and conversation is not for you.

Adios
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by avril9(f): 8:12am On May 28, 2017
It is good for people to go to church,it boosts our faith in God,Cos we sometimes tend to loose faith in people who we can see not to talk of who we can't see.... I tell people,of what use is going to church? Is cos u go there to worship n once u r out,tru out d rest of the week u forget God.... God shud b worshiped at anything time the spirit leads, God should be honored in our day to day lifes.... We shud practices on how to be christ like in our dealing with each other.... The truth is so many Christians dont know the things that excits God,a grateful heart filled with a mouthful of praises (done anywhere), absolute trust in him, etc...Pastors hv also help brainwash them or how else can they(Pastors) preach abt tithes n offerings more than they preach abt love,giving to the poor, moral uprightness....it will also u shock u that people hv different reasons y they go to church, some for hook ups, show off n the rest,Well to each his own.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by pressplay411(m): 8:18am On May 28, 2017
felixomor:

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

As you can see, u are not conversant with scripture.
From that scripture,
This thread and conversation is not for you.

Adios

Your assimilation is still in its formative state.
So because of that portion of the Bible Jesus is God? Yet youre playing blind to the glaring portions where he's clearly and straightforwardly called the Son of God.
The angels called him son of God, his disciples called him son of God, even he clearly and severally called himself the son of God! How more forthcoming and straightforward can it be?

Yet it's you who's obviously read the Bible.
But then reading and understanding are clearly subjects of mutually exclusivity.
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by pressplay411(m): 8:22am On May 28, 2017
avril9:
It is good for people to go to church,it boosts our faith in God,Cos we sometimes tend to loose faith in people who we can see not to talk of who we can't see.... I tell people,of what use is going to church? Is cos u go there to worship n once u r out,tru out d rest of the week u forget God.... God shud b worshiped at anything time the spirit leads, God should be honored in our day to day lifes.... We shud practices on how to be christ like in our dealing with each other.... The truth is so many Christians dont know the things that excits God,a grateful heart filled with a mouthful of praises (done anywhere), absolute trust in him, etc...Pastors hv also help brainwash them or how else can they(Pastors) preach abt tithes n offerings more than they preach abt love,giving to the poor, moral uprightness....it will also u shock u that people hv different reasons y they go to church, some for hook ups, show off n the rest,Well to each his own.

Well said.
Morale of the story. It's not just going to church but knowing WHY you're going to church. Cos there's too much distraction even in churches today.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by felixomor: 8:44am On May 28, 2017
pressplay411:

Your assimilation is still in its formative state.
So because of that portion of the Bible Jesus is God? Yet youre playing blind to the glaring portions where he's clearly and straightforwardly called the Son of God.
The angels called him son of God, his disciples called him son of God, even he clearly and severally called himself the son of God! How more forthcoming and straightforward can it be?

Yet it's you who's obviously read the Bible.
But then reading and understanding are clearly subjects of mutually exclusivity.

Oga, please explain that scripture above.
If u cant explain it.
Then know that u are the one with arrested assimilation.

And in case u dont know,
"Church" which is the topic here is another word for "the body of Jesus Christ".

Receive Knowledge
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by pressplay411(m): 8:46am On May 28, 2017
felixomor:

Oga, please explain that scripture above.
If u cant explain it.
Then know that u are the one with arrested assimilation.

It's a prophecy period. Ask TB Joshua how that goes.
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by felixomor: 8:48am On May 28, 2017
pressplay411:

It's a prophecy period. Ask TB Joshua how that goes.
Ask Tb Joshua.
Just listen to yourself.

Better humble yourself and receive God's word into your spirit.
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by nairalandbuzz(m): 9:16am On May 28, 2017
felixomor:

There is no such thing as wrong purse.
Its your soul. Between u and God.

But wait, I thought the problem was "going to church"?

And as you ve mentioned ...

I bet you would not mind giving your tithe at Fatoyinbo COZA, Synagogue or Omega Fire Ministries... Guy... Bring all tithes to the house of God... Not those pretending to be messengers of God in their supposed house of God
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by An2elect2(f): 9:18am On May 28, 2017
Gathering of "ourselves" Who make up "ourselves"?
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by felixomor: 9:19am On May 28, 2017
nairalandbuzz:

And you mentioned ...

Mentioned what?
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by nairalandbuzz(m): 9:19am On May 28, 2017
felixomor:

Mentioned what?

Scroll up
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by felixomor: 9:26am On May 28, 2017
nairalandbuzz:

Scroll up

I have done that.
I cant see what you mean
Please explain
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by nairalandbuzz(m): 9:27am On May 28, 2017
felixomor:

I have done that.
I cant see what you mean
Please explain

I bet you would not mind giving your tithe at Fatoyinbo COZA, Synagogue or Omega Fire Ministries... Guy... Bring all tithes to the house of God... Not those pretending to be messengers of God in their supposed house of God
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by darlenese(f): 9:28am On May 28, 2017
I have stopped going to church since my pastor announced that all members must present their May salaries to the church as the 10% tithe is no longer enough
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by felixomor: 9:29am On May 28, 2017
nairalandbuzz:

Did Jesus stop any body from paying tithe to the pharisees and scribes, priests that were corruptly running the temple?
Please show me anywhere in. the bible you see where he did such.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by Amberon: 9:32am On May 28, 2017
My church is very very far from my house; infact i spend not less than N800 to and fro. That is to tell you how far it is. I don't go because of any pastor or because of parents pressure. I go because of God. If I can go to school everyday for years why won't I spare one day every week to serve my Savior who died for me.
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by Amberon: 9:47am On May 28, 2017
Why won't I give my tithe to the Synagogue church? I would gladly give my tithe there as I know it goes into helping the less privileged, scholarship for thousands of people, empowering widows and taking care of orphans.
nairalandbuzz:

Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by Amberon: 9:50am On May 28, 2017
Lmao! grin grin

But that shouldn't make you quit church. There are other good churches where the pastors have the fear of God.
darlenese:
I have stopped going to church since my pastor announced that all members must present their May salaries to the church as the 10% tithe is no longer enough
Re: Do You Still Feeli Like Attending Church Servuce Every Sunday Morning? by darlenese(f): 9:57am On May 28, 2017
Amberon:
Lmao! grin grin

But that shouldn't make you quit church. There are other good churches where the pastors have the fear of God.

I am still angry with him, how can a pastor be asking for a whole salary in this recession, the painful part of it is that, he said even if u did t get ur salary on time, u should still bring it to church even if it's in June or July, he forgot to ask himself how we are going to survive.

It's a popular church that has a parish on almost every street across the country. For now I worship God in my house until I change my mind.

Did I tell u he placed a curse on defaulters?
I'm too enlightened to be brain washed abeg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You In A Relationship With A Demon? (part 3 - Relationship) / Consider The Severity Of God ( Romans 11:22 ) - Paul Ellis / Why Anglicans Don't Do Wedding During Lenten Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.