Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,481 members, 7,865,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:18 AM

Chelsea Rules - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Rules (575 Views)

World Cup Winner Categorically Rules Out Liverpool Move This Month / Chelsea Rules / Ronaldinoh Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Rules by chidi5(m): 3:13pm On Nov 30, 2009
Chelsea made a compelling case to regain the title from United with a demolition job at the Emirates, with Didier Drogba looking at his formidable best.

Can it really be that it wasn't so long ago that Drogba looked depressed, lacking motivation and Chelsea couldn't get a decent price to ship him out of the Bridge? Can't be, but it's true. Now Chelsea wouldn't sell him for any amount of money, not that they need any!

Drogba's first goal was a bit special - a lovely sidefoot volley to hit the top corner - but the free-kick was just as good in its own way.

The Ivory Coast international cannot stop scoring against Arsenal and his latest goals ended Arsene Wenger's 100% record at the Emirates this season. It was almost as emphatic as last season's 4-1 win. Chelsea have now scored in the last 28 games and have not conceded a single goal in their last five Premier League games. It was last February that a team [Fulham] last kept a clean sheet at the Emirates.

Wenger declared that this was the match that would mark out whether his boys were grown up enough to take on one of the best, but they failed. All 11 Chelsea players looked superior to their opposite numbers.

Wenger refused to give up the ghost, though that is hardly surprising. Also, for a manager who never seems to see the major incidents, he had perfect 20-20 vision for the disallowed goal shortly after the start of the second half. He saw that it was a Chelsea player's raised foot, when in fact it was Eduardo. Arsene may be better off returning to his "I didn't see it" stance!

So, why should Chelsea be regarded as unstoppable? Before the season started, I tipped Chelsea to be champions unless someone like Manchester City could buy their way to the title, and so much depends whether they can lure the best players to Eastlands in January, which is something I doubt now. I might have got that wrong, but I seem to have it spot on about Chelsea's credentials.

Manchester United are not the same force without Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez, something else I predicted, although hardly a tough call, and that is reflected in the distance by which they are currently trailing Chelsea. But you can never write off Sir Alex Ferguson.

Arsenal were thought to be contenders, but turned out to be pretenders, still learning and in need of more experience.

Re: Chelsea Rules by edoyad(m): 12:15pm On Dec 06, 2009
Yes the distance between Chelsea and the rest now looks insurmountable .

(1) (Reply)

Ancelotti's Bizzare Moves / Uefa Reads Riot Act To Clubs / Arsenal Finally Finish On Top Of The Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.