Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,943 members, 7,838,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN (24502 Views)

Just In: CBN Sells Dollars At N380/USD / Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu / Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by discman2k2(m): 4:01pm On Jan 30, 2017
tafrica:
This administration is the not democracy but kleptocracy; government of the thieves, for the thieves and by the thieves. This is the reason why the C-in-C defends his allies because this is strictly government for the thieves. They don't care about us, but themselves.
They will rather continue making dollars scarce and sharing among themselves and not mind about the inherent inflation that affects common man with that action so far they make their own money.

Buhari is an epitome of failure, corruption, ineptitude and any name you think of.

Don't forget that HRH, Alh Sanusi Lamido had revealed this gap in CBN. NIGERIA IT IS WELL WITH THEE, IJN!!
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by kaboninc(m): 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2017
Another damning evidence!

Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by dikeigbo2(m): 4:31pm On Jan 30, 2017
vedaxcool:

Smiling in a state of hunger cannot be considered smiling but merely spasms of the face.... who appointed Emefiele answer Jonathan King of thieves lord of corruption and commander in thief of the armed robbers.

Thank God,you are suffering it more today....blaming can't solve any ,rather acceptance and solutions with sincere approach.
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by andyanders: 4:33pm On Jan 30, 2017
I knew that the Apex Bank is the problem as the directors saddled with the responsibilities of governing the Apex bank is abusing the system. What they practice is just sharp and dubious means of enriching themselves through Forex allocation to themselves and their cronies. I believe that most of the Bearue De Change are been owned by these same bankers.

Though we understand that the forex earnings depends on the ability of a nation to export and earn from the proceeds of their exports in order to empower the value of our local currency, but the way they have created scarcity of the forex through this sharp practices where they gain from the system has been the problem facing Nigerians and the naira keep escalating .

Why can't they allow Nigerians to receive their foreign exchange in the currencies they were sent? I believe it was for a purpose as they convert same currency for their own use and pay in Naira. The same money they exchange through black market.

The current CBN governor is not getting it right as he has contributed to the problem this country is facing.
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by Reference(m): 4:47pm On Jan 30, 2017
Exactly what happened in 1984. They created a perfect storm of scarcity of the most basic of commodities, truncated the entry of those commodities into the country through an import permit regime that created instant milionaires of every pen pusher along the value chain and left Nigerians with hyper inflation. Remember my mum had to travel all the way to Lagos to get a license no one could guarantee even after partying with huge sums to government agents.

Buhari was the author of the black market we see today. Prior to his regime in the 80's you could walk into any bank and trade foreign currency over the counter. He put paid to that by barring banks from exchanging currencies 'directly and created the dual rate, the informal trade, by sending the entire process through the Central Bank and while he shipped his abroad, they confiscated all the forex held by banks. So people simply kept their foreign currency at home and did their business round the corner.

How we could permit this same thing 30 years later baffles me. But it was always going to happen to a country with ultra high illiteracy and where the people hate the truth, but rather love to follow after sentiments. I asked prior and after his election if anyone knew of anyone Military Administrator or Minister who served in 1983 to 85 who is not a multi billionaire today purely out of corruption and government patronage. Dust up your almanac and peruse.

Lightning is indeed striking the second time on this hapless country. It is like saying anyone wishes the Jonathan administration back in power. You will get exactly what happened before and perhaps to a higher degree. I hope this will be the last former administrator we will elect to office. And I sincerely hope Nigerians will learn from all this and act to prevent a third lightning strike since we believe we are not cursed as a nation.

7 Likes

Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by OBAGADAFFI: 4:55pm On Jan 30, 2017
The day saw the CBN GOVERNOR inspecting Rice Farms, that day i knew something is wrong with him .

It seem to me the guy has been forced t bend CBN rule.

1 Like

Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by Sibrah: 5:02pm On Jan 30, 2017
I hope this isn't true . . . If true, then all forex auction details should be digitized and made available for public scrutiny.
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by andyanders: 5:04pm On Jan 30, 2017
Reference:
Exactly what happened in 1984. They created a perfect storm of scarcity of the most basic of commodities, truncated the entry of those commodities into the country through an import permit regime that created instant milionaires of every pen pusher along the value chain and left Nigerians with hyper inflation. Remember my mum had to travel all the way to Lagos to get a license no one could guarantee even after partying with huge sums to government agents.

Buhari was the author of the black market we see today. Prior to his regime in the 80's you could walk into any bank and trade foreign currency over the counter. He put paid to that by barring banks from exchanging currencies 'directly and created the dual rate, the informal trade, by sending the entire process through the Central Bank and while he shipped his abroad, they confiscated all the forex held by banks. So people simply kept their foreign currency at home and did their business round the corner.

How we could permit this same thing 30 years later baffles me. But it was always going to happen to a country with ultra high illiteracy and where the people hate the truth, but rather love to follow after sentiments. I asked prior and after his election if anyone knew of anyone Military Administrator or Minister who served in 1983 to 85 who is not a multi billionaire today purely out of corruption and government patronage. Dust up your almanac and peruse.

Lightning is indeed striking the second time on this hapless country. It is like saying anyone wishes the Jonathan administration back in power. You will get exactly what happened before and perhaps to a higher degree. I hope this will be the last former administrator we will elect to office. And I sincerely hope Nigerians will learn from all this and act to prevent a third lightning strike since we believe we are not cursed as a nation.

Well written. You have said it all and straight to the point. So many things has gone wrong with the system and the Apex bank has taken advantage of this to enrich themselves through the system to the detriment of The Nigerian populace.
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by slap1(m): 5:25pm On Jan 30, 2017
This scandal is big. But no one would be fired, none of the beneficiaries would be made to pay.
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by slap1(m): 5:28pm On Jan 30, 2017
Reference:

You have written well.
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by jaz(m): 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2017
BUHARI AND EMEFIELE ARE WORKING grin grin NIGERIANS YOU NEVER SEE ANYTHING cheesy cheesy
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by OBAGADAFFI: 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2017
andyanders:

Well written. You have said it all and straight to the point. So many things has gone wrong with the system and the Apex bank has taken advantage of this to enrich themselves through the system to the detriment of The Nigerian populace.

Have you noticed nobody has been fired or Questioned about this CBN activities, even with the so called anti corruption fight?
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by tafrica(m): 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2017
kaboninc:

Your story is just false and damning not to the Nigerian Government but to whatever school you attended

Don't be stewpid. Can you state your counter-facts?
Besides, are you so dump that OPs are not the authors of most stories here, don't tell me you're blind to see the source.
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by dantori(m): 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2017
tafrica:
Guys, read this, then you will know #OccupyCBN is a noble call

http://leaders.ng/exclusive-whistleblower-gives-leadersng-damning-evidence-corruption-central-bank-nigeria/

Please send this to Efcc and pls let the world hear this,

Nigerian Youths pls join Young Democratic Party we've got to take over Nigeria
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by tafrica(m): 5:52pm On Jan 30, 2017
LorDBolton:

Oga shut up!

It is this same govt that put forward new incentives for whistle blowers...even offering them 5% of recovered loots so that more and more people can come forward to give such damning evidence.

So once again...shut up!

Don't be perpetually dumb, there should be a time when your f**lishness has to stop.
You said Govt gave incentives for whistle-blowing, is this the first time scams being carried out in governance are being leaked out? should we have praised GEJ also because Oduah's car purchase scandal was disclosed under him?

You must be an irredeemable zombie to think revelation of grand scandal going on in CBN is an achievement from Buhari, infact it is a big indictment on this admin; that under the "New Sheriff" some are getting dollars for as low as 23 naira which makes Naira fall everyday, while businesses suffer.
Ask your pathetic self, was this revelation carried out by this Govt?
Will this govt that is defending corruption do anything about it?
What has this govt done regarding SGF's 2000million grass cutter scam?

Next time, if you dont have anything reasonable to type to defend this worst govt we have ever had, kindly read and swerve. After all, not all threads will be within the grasp of your shallow knowledge.
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by seifini(m): 6:12pm On Jan 30, 2017
This was what Emir Sanusi was saying-dat some influential guys including himself can get several millions via CBN forex rates discrepancies.
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by hero2000: 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2017
Lordsocrates:
funny thing wailers will run here to mSasturbate, but CBN is being ran by their own...and the whistle blower bill was signed by PMB to clean stuffs like these

Stop your over presumptuousness. Are you saying no one has ever blown whistle before this whistle blower bill?
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by Abagworo(m): 6:21pm On Jan 30, 2017
If this report isn't investigated fully and the offenders punished accordingly then I know this government is business as usual. Corruption is the major reason I've always vied for Buhari presidency since 14 years Baba abeg no fall my hand.
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by kaboninc(m): 6:27pm On Jan 30, 2017
[s]
tafrica:

Don't be stewpid. Can you state your counter-facts?
Besides, are you so dump that OPs are not the authors of most stories here, don't tell me you're blind to see the source.
[/s]

I don't blame you sha....

You are not the author...my bad...apologies....well you've been carrying the news upandan like you authored it, because you have an agenda to discredit someone without any proof. Just like your goons up there who have been saying all sorts of things against the CBN without even going through your 'OP'

I am so sure you know next to nothing on how foreign exchange transactions are done.

Ignorance runs deep in the blood of today's youth, sadly that includes you.

I go tolerate your insults sha....because we're in an anonymous forum.

Still, I blame the school you attended and I blame you for what you have become today....

1 Like

Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by kaboninc(m): 6:28pm On Jan 30, 2017
Abagworo:
If this report isn't investigated fully and the offenders punished accordingly then I know this government is business as usual. Corruption is the major reason I've always vied for Buhari presidency since 14 years Baba abeg no fall my hand.

Just one question, have you personally 'investigated' this so called report?
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by kaboninc(m): 6:29pm On Jan 30, 2017
[s]
tafrica:

Don't be perpetually dumb, there should be a time when your f**lishness has to stop.
You said Govt gave incentives for whistle-blowing, is this the first time scams being carried out in governance are being leaked out? should we have praised GEJ also because Oduah's car purchase scandal was disclosed under him?

You must be an irredeemable zombie to think revelation of grand scandal going on in CBN is an achievement from Buhari, infact it is a big indictment on this admin; that under the "New Sheriff" some are getting dollars for as low as 23 naira which makes Naira fall everyday, while businesses suffer.
Ask your pathetic self, was this revelation carried out by this Govt?
Will this govt that is defending corruption do anything about it?
What has this govt done regarding SGF's 2000million grass cutter scam?

Next time, if you dont have anything reasonable to type to defend this worst govt we have ever had, kindly read and swerve. After all, not all threads will be within the grasp of your shallow knowledge.
[/s]

Spend more of your time to read that post!
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by kaboninc(m): 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2017
Reference:

Hmmmmm.....

Well I do not want to comment on your post but I do want you to please kindly go through that post and do some research about foreign exchange transactions in Nigeria....

1 Like

Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by kaboninc(m): 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2017
andyanders:
I knew that the Apex Bank is the problem as the directors saddled with the responsibilities of governing the Apex bank is abusing the system. What they practice is just sharp and dubious means of enriching themselves through Forex allocation to themselves and their cronies. I believe that most of the Bearue De Change are been owned by these same bankers.

Though we understand that the forex earnings depends on the ability of a nation to export and earn from the proceeds of their exports in order to empower the value of our local currency, but the way they have created scarcity of the forex through this sharp practices where they gain from the system has been the problem facing Nigerians and the naira keep escalating .

Why can't they allow Nigerians to receive their foreign exchange in the currencies they were sent? I believe it was for a purpose as they convert same currency for their own use and pay in Naira. The same money they exchange through black market.

The current CBN governor is not getting it right as he has contributed to the problem this country is facing.

Our economy is a peculiar one. It is more of a structural defect.

However, I want to believe that you did not really go through that OP.

Kindly do...because ALL the claims are false.

I stand to be schooled
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by kaboninc(m): 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2017
amiablesystems:
No be today. Na who you know for Naija. I met an Aboki on the island 2016, A made guy. He explained this same stuff tome and i was stunned. He married an igbolady.. The lady forced him to marry her and in return she would link him to sources to get dollar at about 150Nairabelow the current rate.... The guy is fully blown... He's a general... No be today Nigeria don spoil. CBN has always been an occult that should be dissolved. CBN , Ports. Customs. Immigration..All of them are thieves

Tell him to show you the way naaa...
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by kaboninc(m): 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2017
aku626:
OMG.

YOUTHS come and look at your future. where are they? oh @ linda ikeji's blog or somewhere stupid while your tomorrow is torn in pieces. Tomorrow people would die for a politician that's not even their brother.

If you actually believe this story, then you are no different than the youth on Linda Ikeji's blog

1 Like

Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 30, 2017
kaboninc:

Tell him to show you the way naaa...

Lol... See your mouf like zip. I'm doing fine. Thx
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by kaboninc(m): 6:43pm On Jan 30, 2017
tafrica:
This administration is the not democracy but kleptocracy; government of the thieves, for the thieves and by the thieves. This is the reason why the C-in-C defends his allies because this is strictly government for the thieves. They don't care about us, but themselves.
They will rather continue making dollars scarce and sharing among themselves and not mind about the inherent inflation that affects common man with that action so far they make their own money.

Buhari is an epitome of failure, corruption, ineptitude and any name you think of.

See how many likes you've got?

I pity for our future generations...

1 Like

Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by kaboninc(m): 6:44pm On Jan 30, 2017
amiablesystems:

Lol... See your mouf like zip. I'm doing fine. Thx

You own like button...

You can be finer than what you are currently...free money no dey kill...you earn millions in one deal...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by tafrica(m): 6:46pm On Jan 30, 2017
kaboninc:
[s][/s]

I don't blame you sha....

You are not the author...my bad...apologies....well you've been carrying the news upandan like you authored it, because you have an agenda to discredit someone without any proof. Just like your goons up there who have been saying all sorts of things against the CBN without even going through your 'OP'

I am so sure you know next to nothing on how foreign exchange transactions are done.

Ignorance runs deep in the blood of today's youth, sadly that includes you.

I go tolerate your insults sha....because we're in an anonymous forum.

Still, I blame the school you attended and I blame you for what you have become today....

Again, I blame your blocked head for your pompous display of foolery. An article which reveals the scandal going on in CBN and even has the attachment which contains the details of all other corrupt deals that have taken place under CBN, yet you said no proof.
Don't be dumb and watch while you're being slaughtered like animals.

Revealing the scams going in CBN which has affected the prices of commodities due to high dollar rate shouldn't be an headache for you.
If you've sold your hopeless soul to your political gods and wouldn't talk even in the face of obvious oppression, know that not everyone has sold his integrity or life for crump like you.
What's your definition of proof?
Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2017
kaboninc:

You own like button...

You can be finer than what you are currently...free money no dey kill...you earn millions in one deal...

I passed 5 Million bar 2011 bros... i am doing fine. I employ people now... I'm doing fantastic bro. I dont roll with Aboki, demons just entered him and he was yapping here n there not that we are close.. i dnt roll with Northerners

1 Like

Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by kaboninc(m): 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
[s]
tafrica:

Again, I blame your blocked head for your pompous display of foolery. An article which reveals the scandal going on in CBN and even has the attachment which contains the details of all other corrupt deals that have taken place under CBN, yet you said no proof.
Don't be dumb and watch while you're being slaughtered like animals.

Revealing the scams going in CBN which has affected the prices of commodities due to high dollar rate shouldn't be an headache for you.
If you've sold your hopeless soul to your political gods and wouldn't talk even in the face of obvious oppression, know that not everyone has sold his integrity or life for crump like you.
What's your definition of proof?
[/s]

What a shame and a disappointment...

The average Nigerian Youth cannot hold a simple and very easy argument without insulting the opponent. Well I want to do you a favour by schooling you. I hope you learn...we learn everyday..

Below is a picture of 3 snapshots I've put together and of course, obtained from the file uploaded on the same link you posted.

The PDF file shows the Returns of Utilization of FX Proceeds by various banks for various Form M transactions.

The first screenshot shows a utilization of FX proceeds by CGC Nigerian Ltd with Form M no: MF20160129053 which stated the correct amount and correct bid price per dollar. The second screenshot shows a transaction by LAFARGE AFRICA PLC with Form M no: MF20160035244 and the correct bid price per dollar.

Now, use your elementary knowledge of what comparison means and compare the prices on the FX Returns and the terrible SELECTED QUESTIONABLE blah blah which is the third screenshot and see for yourself who has a deep rooted problem.

I'll say it again, I blame the school you attended and I blame you for what you have become today.

1 Like

Re: Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN by kaboninc(m): 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2017
amiablesystems:

I passed 5 Million bar 2011 bros... i am doing fine. I employ people now... I'm doing fantastic bro. I dont roll with Aboki, demons just entered him and he was yapping here n there not that we are close.. i dnt roll with Northerners

You entered 5 million bar 2011....me that is struggling for 100k since 2017...poor and unlucky me..

However, don't you want to be so rich so you can cushion the effect of the consequences these Abokis execute? Like that 5 Million in today's Nigeria has really depleted in purchasing power going by the ever rising cost of inflation, and cost of doing business...or the Blood of Jesus covers and exempts you? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Besides, are you the only one, a Nigerian for that matter, who sees free money and turns the other eye? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: Poultry Products Seized By THE NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICES / Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira / Popular Akesan Market In Oyo Town Razed By Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.