Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,389 members, 7,850,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:24 PM

Ogoni Youth Coalition Movement Call For Peace In Ogoni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogoni Youth Coalition Movement Call For Peace In Ogoni (472 Views)

2019: A Call For Youth Coalition To Defend Democratic Principles / We Will Respond To Obasanjo’s Coalition Movement At The Right Time – Tinubu / This Are The Members Of Obasanjos Coalition Movement To Salvage Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ogoni Youth Coalition Movement Call For Peace In Ogoni by Deezia1(m): 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2017
CHANGE YOUR MINDSET AND IDEOLOGY FOR NO OLD ROAD LEADS TO A NEW DESTINATION... OYM CALLS ON OGONI YOUTH

The Ogoni Youth Co-alition Movement (OYM) condemns in strong terms, the recent communal clashes, youth restiveness and related killings in some part of Khana Local Government Area of Rivers State, as such amoral acts can lead to developmental retrogression .

The OYM National Coordinator, Comrade-Sunny Bekanwah reintegrated that it is not more bigness that should be our goal. Thus, we must attempt, rather, to bring people back to... The warmth of community, to the worth of individual effort and responsibility... and of individuals working together as a community, to better the lives of the people and the Ogoni at large. If we must succeed, we must recognize that the community redevelopment is not solely the rehabilitation of housing as perceived but also include our value for "Life" and peaceful coexistence.

I am an Ogoni man, not because I was born in Ogoni but because Ogoni was born in me. Thus, it is my dream that Ogoni becomes a great nation with strong might.
There are many things worth living for, a few things worth dying for, and nothing worth killing for... Therefore, what value does it add to your family and the Ogoni nation when we unnecessarily take the life of our brother and fellow Ogonian? It is shameful that we know the price of everything and knows the value of nothing... He added.

He further call on the Ogoni Youth to change their mindset and ideologies. He said; think of distinctive footprints. Insofar, as all things move forward and not backward, avoid retrogressive thinking, imprison negative thoughts, build a strong wall against negativity, be optimistic in pessimism and think ahead of time.
Understand the time you have and know what to do with the time, for time can loose it essence with time (He admonishes).

No old roads lead to a new destination... Therefore, we must learn to tolerate and live together in peace as brothers or perish together as fools. Change your conception, for together we can face any challenges as deep as as the ocean and as high as the sky... He concluded.

It is too flippant that other nations and ethnic groups are celebrating innovations, and different developmental strides. While some of the Ogoni people and communities instigate and celebrate cultism and communal crises...
To this end, i begin to wonder the kind of accounts or records of stewardship that some of us will give to our ancestors and the Almighty God... Of a peaceful and loving Ogoni nation that was handed over to our generation.
The Ogoni Youth Coalition Movement hereby call on the communities and groups involve to give peace a chance.

Signed
Comrd Deezia Burabari Sunday
Media aid to Comrade-Sunny Bekanwa. The OYM National Coordinator.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=221493494987392&id=100013802286630
Re: Ogoni Youth Coalition Movement Call For Peace In Ogoni by louisilva: 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2017
Deezia1:
CHANGE YOUR MINDSET AND IDEOLOGY FOR NO OLD ROAD LEADS TO A NEW DESTINATION... OYM CALLS ON OGONI YOUTH

The Ogoni Youth Co-alition Movement (OYM) condemns in strong terms, the recent communal clashes, youth restiveness and related killings in some part of Khana Local Government Area of Rivers State, as such amoral acts can lead to developmental retrogression .

The OYM National Coordinator, Comrade-Sunny Bekanwah reintegrated that it is not more bigness that should be our goal. Thus, we must attempt, rather, to bring people back to... The warmth of community, to the worth of individual effort and responsibility... and of individuals working together as a community, to better the lives of the people and the Ogoni at large. If we must succeed, we must recognize that the community redevelopment is not solely the rehabilitation of housing as perceived but also include our value for "Life" and peaceful coexistence.

I am an Ogoni man, not because I was born in Ogoni but because Ogoni was born in me. Thus, it is my dream that Ogoni becomes a great nation with strong might.
There are many things worth living for, a few things worth dying for, and nothing worth killing for... Therefore, what value does it add to your family and the Ogoni nation when we unnecessarily take the life of our brother and fellow Ogonian? It is shameful that we know the price of everything and knows the value of nothing... He added.

He further call on the Ogoni Youth to change their mindset and ideologies. He said; think of distinctive footprints. Insofar, as all things move forward and not backward, avoid retrogressive thinking, imprison negative thoughts, build a strong wall against negativity, be optimistic in pessimism and think ahead of time.
Understand the time you have and know what to do with the time, for time can loose it essence with time (He admonishes).

No old roads lead to a new destination... Therefore, we must learn to tolerate and live together in peace as brothers or perish together as fools. Change your conception, for together we can face any challenges as deep as as the ocean and as high as the sky... He concluded.

It is too flippant that other nations and ethnic groups are celebrating innovations, and different developmental strides. While some of the Ogoni people and communities instigate and celebrate cultism and communal crises...
To this end, i begin to wonder the kind of accounts or records of stewardship that some of us will give to our ancestors and the Almighty God... Of a peaceful and loving Ogoni nation that was handed over to our generation.
The Ogoni Youth Coalition Movement hereby call on the communities and groups involve to give peace a chance.

Signed
Comrd Deezia Burabari Sunday
Media aid to Comrade-Sunny Bekanwa. The OYM National Coordinator.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=221493494987392&id=100013802286630
Space booked. Yippeee!!!

(1) (Reply)

Supreme Court Gives Alex Otti Opportunity To Appeal Abia Guber Judgement Again / How Stanley Uzochukwu Saved Over 1000 Widows, Orphans / CIVIL WAR: Timely Warning To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.