Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City (2836 Views)

From Garden City To Garbage City / APC Has Succeeded In Dividing Nigeria – Wike Cries Out / "Wike Has Performed Better Than Federal Government In Just Two Years" - Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by 6pax: 10:15am On Jan 28, 2017
Port Harcourt is officially the dirtiest city in Nigeria no thanks to Wike bad governance.He annexed Rivers State Waste management (RIWAMA) to felix Obua the PDP state chairman shocked ( who is serving as the sole Administrator of the board) ostensibly as a political compensation. I recall when Amaechi was the governor of the state a technocrat was in charge of this agency and PH and its environs was a beauty to behold.

port Harcourt right now is one hell of a smelling city because of the most incompetent, mediocre and nepotic governor in history of Rivers State

2 Likes

Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by Edwinmason(m): 10:24am On Jan 28, 2017
have lost hope in nigeria
Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by hardywaltz(m): 10:25am On Jan 28, 2017
Come to Ada-George and East West road (Alakahia and Rumuokini) and see heaps of refuse.
Felix Odua aka Go Round wants to make sure that the refuse ' Go Round ' the state

3 Likes

Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by 6pax: 10:28am On Jan 28, 2017
Just Imagine a PDP state chaireman is in charge of waste management cheesy

Political compensation go wrong grin

below pics of Rivers PDP chairman and the incompetent one grin

2 Likes

Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by 6pax: 10:31am On Jan 28, 2017
hardywaltz:
Come to Ada-George and East West road (Alakahia and Rumuokini) and see heaps of refuse.
Felix Odua aka Go Round wants to make sure that the refuse ' Go Round ' the state

please post pics lets force these evil men to change their ways before people will start dieing of public odour grin
Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by Horlufemi(m): 10:33am On Jan 28, 2017
Edwinmason:
have lost hope in nigeria
No hope
Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by edidiongmichael(m): 10:34am On Jan 28, 2017
Hehehe.. And then?
Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 28, 2017
Okay.
Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by 6pax: 11:32am On Jan 28, 2017
even the beautiful public schools built by Amaechi government are not left out

1 Like

Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 28, 2017
Truth be told. Even though I defend my city(PH) every time online, this dirts everywhere on the streets of PH is getting very worrisome. As a young boy way back in the 90s PH was very clean and serene that was why it was given the name "THE GARDEN CITY". But since democracy started, right from the second tenure of Odili down to Amaechi and now Wike, it has been rubbish everywhere you look on the streets of PH. God save my city from this rot.
Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by dechriscool(m): 11:49am On Jan 28, 2017
Op with no offence I don't know how old are you,how long u residence in Portharcourt and your intend for this gibbish.
You went to Rumuola flyover,a notorious busy and commercial environment to take pics of dirty in gutters.Which your likes intentionaly and foolishly threw into gutters during rainfall to speak ill about the state of environment in Portharcourt.If a task force is set to arrest perpetrator of this acts. You will stil rant

1 Like

Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by Day169: 12:38pm On Jan 28, 2017
If the use of the word "succeeded" is in the context of a premeditated plan as suggested by the poster, then I can only congratulate the Governor and wish him well. wink
Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by otokx(m): 12:45pm On Jan 28, 2017
Every junction in Port Harcourt is a refuse dump, market and bus stop mixed into 1 and it did not start from WIKE but those in charge of waste management should double up their effort.
Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by FreeGlobe(f): 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2017
6pax:
[s]Port Harcourt is officially the dirtiest city in Nigeria no thanks to Wike bad governance.He annexed Rivers State Waste management (RIWAMA) to felix Obua the PDP state chairman shocked ( who is serving as the sole Administrator of the board) ostensibly as a political compensation. I recall when Amaechi was the governor of the state a technocrat was in charge of this agency and PH and its environs was a beauty to behold.

port Harcourt right now is one hell of a smelling city because of the most incompetent, mediocre and nepotic governor in history of Rivers State[/s]
why not post pictures of that same rumuola before wike took over? Fact is that Rumuola has always been like that from time immemorial.. Infact wike is even trying to restore sanity there.. Take your lies elsewhere..

3 Likes

Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by Abagworo(m): 1:51pm On Jan 28, 2017
6pax:
Port Harcourt is officially the dirtiest city in Nigeria no thanks to Wike bad governance.He annexed Rivers State Waste management (RIWAMA) to felix Obua the PDP state chairman shocked ( who is serving as the sole Administrator of the board) ostensibly as a political compensation. I recall when Amaechi was the governor of the state a technocrat was in charge of this agency and PH and its environs was a beauty to behold.

port Harcourt right now is one hell of a smelling city because of the most incompetent, mediocre and nepotic governor in history of Rivers State

The ma "Go Round" cannot be controlled by Wike and I still wonder why. It's better for Wike to give him monthly percentage from allocation than to allow him control that vital sector. From the knowledge I have the refuse disposal firms are highly shortchanged and owing their staffs several months of salary. It's not directly linked to Wike.

1 Like

Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by Abagworo(m): 1:55pm On Jan 28, 2017
FreeGlobe:

why not post pictures of that same rumuola before wike took over? Fact is that Rumuola has always been like that from time immemorial.. Infact wike is even trying to restore sanity there.. Take your lies elsewhere..

You are wrong. Amaechi changed the face of Rumuola and most major roads in Port Harcourt but Wike's focus is in inner-city and outlying villages like Orogbum, Owhipa, Rumuagholu and Alakahia. On sanitation Port Harcourt has deteriorated but there has been improvements compared to 2015 when Wike had serious challenges.
Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by funlord(m): 2:27pm On Jan 28, 2017
Well their refuse can be viewed as a reflection of their states status....dirty state that practices dirty politics run by dirty politicians!
Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by 6pax: 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2017
dechriscool:
Op with no offence I don't know how old are you,how long u residence in Portharcourt and your intend for this gibbish.
You went to Rumuola flyover,a notorious busy and commercial environment to take pics of dirty in gutters.Which your likes intentionaly and foolishly threw into gutters during rainfall to speak ill about the state of environment in Portharcourt.If a task force is set to arrest perpetrator of this acts. You will stil rant

why is the truth so bitter that some people can even die of painment because of it angry for crying out laud Aba Road is the most important road in Rivers state and it is the duty of the Rivers state government to keep it clean.

why is it that during Amaechi's administration it was'nt like this angry

How can you have PDP chairman in charge of waste(novice in waste management and expect a result angry

1 Like

Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 28, 2017
I was going to create this thread before I saw this, if you drive from east west road to rumuokoro the stench is enough to suffocate you even if you roll up your windows it will still get in, then from rumuokoro to rumuokwuta to rumuola people dump refuse in the middle of the road, all the gutters are blocked and stench like decaying flesh and when the rainy season starts the place is going to be flooded , even GRA is not left out of the rot. Ameachi was not a saint but comparing his performance to that of amaechi is like comparing Abuja to Aba, let's leave politics out of this and say the truth, River state is on the the brink of annihilation from environmental pollution and security challenges.

1 Like

Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by loopmangoat(m): 2:53pm On Jan 28, 2017
Lies from pit of hell
Ph is not as portrayed in the pic

1 Like

Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by RaskiloGas: 2:59pm On Jan 28, 2017
Our GAS company deliver GAS to your doorstep in PORT HARCOURT. Visit www. raskilo. com for more info

1 Like

Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by oduastates: 3:05pm On Jan 28, 2017
Waste disposal is one of the ways to tell a badly governed society to a well governed one .
Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by princeemmma(m): 3:49pm On Jan 28, 2017
they promised the best from the start, but now they gave their best sad sad sad sad

Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 28, 2017
I don't expect WIKE to be neat.
He is naturally DIRTY.....and can't help it.

1 Like

Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by crudedude(m): 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2017
That Rumuola is something else. If it can be deleted from the map, I'll hit the delete button multiple times. Port Harcourt is dirty people. No need defending the place. How do people just walk up to roads and dump their refuse? sometimes in broad day light. RIWAMA no dey do shigbaiin, people treat the city as no man's land so anything goes.
Then there's that soot. My white fowl don change to black because of am angry angry angry
Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by darknetcom: 5:27pm On Jan 28, 2017
why is it wike problem if you dont care about your enviroment??...cant you people organize simple dustbins for una selfs??...

why are you waiting for the goverment to do everything for una??...

you cried about streets,nau you have streets,then you cry about waste...

you people in the east are something else...

1 Like

Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:48pm On Jan 28, 2017
Port Harcourt gutters double as refuse dumps.
I might dislike wike, but I can't fault him on this one, it has become instinctive for residents of port Harcourt to throw their trash into the gutters whenever it rains, I make it a point of duty for my family members to bag their waste, unfortunately where I stay has no designated trash loading center, just a plot of land donated by the community for waste disposal, which after some time, a payloader and truck comes to evacuate or the community sets on fire.
I try my best to separate nondegradable trash from those I throw away.
If most people can be responsible, port Harcourt in particular and Nigeria in general will be better.

Pic 1. My generated plastic bottles.
Pic 2. My trash bag.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by Pavore9: 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2017
A enlightenment campaign aimed at behavioural change should be packaged. The State waste management agency should offer to buy off disposed PET bottles and satchet water nylon, they would become scarce on the ground.

Set up biogas plants, to take care of of biodegradable wastes to generate bio slurry for farmers and cooking gas for state run health facilities.

The waste becomes a resource.
Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by Erums(m): 8:15pm On Jan 28, 2017
FreeGlobe:

Shut up dere... Quick quick... Bt h na dirty place... Everybody comes to put garbage on the centre pavement of the road... Is that not insanity... No industrail wastebin anywhere... Not even strategic locations... Now u wan to change it to politics....
Re: Wike Has Succeeded In Turning Port Harcourt From A Garden City To A Garbage City by 6pax: 6:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
Erums:

Shut up dere... Quick quick... Bt h na dirty place... Everybody comes to put garbage on the centre pavement of the road... Is that not insanity... No industrail wastebin anywhere... Not even strategic locations... Now u wan to change it to politics....

don't mind him bro

(1) (Reply)

Enviroshade / PHOTO-Buhari Looking Star-struck Meeting Trump / Governor Willie Obiano Donated Cash And Buses To Buhari Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.