Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ (14991 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Issues 7-day Ultimatum.. / Suspension: Showdown Looms As Omo-agege Dares Senate / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Declares Nationwide Strike, Shuts Down Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by ijustdey: 2:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
The south-west zone of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) says some of its members have stopped lifting fuel because the official pump price of N145 per litre is “no longer sustainable”.

According to PUNCH , the marketers stopped dispensing fuel last week and have also not lifted new product “because they are no longer breaking even”.

Debo Ahmed, IPMAN chairman in the south-west, said 90 percent of its members can no longer continue with the business.

He advised the federal government to deregulate the petroleum sector so that marketers could buy and sell the product at a price that will be fair to everyone.

“The result of this is that about 90 percent of our members who can no longer continue with the business, have already stopped lifting fuel while the remaining 10 percent have threatened to also close down their stations if nothing is done to remedy the situation this (last) week.

“Unfortunately we cannot sell above the pump price of N145 per litre in the south-west if we don’t want to incur the wrath of the Department of Petroleum Resources.

Our colleagues in the north, south-east and south-south are running their own businesses because they are selling above the pump price.”

Not less than 3,000 fuel dealers are under the south-west IPMAN.

Lagos, Ondo, Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Ondo are the south-west states that would be affected by the scarcity that could arise from the marketers’ decision.

https://www.thecable.ng/markerters-stop-lifting-fuel-scarcity-looms-in-south-west
Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by 40kobo77: 2:35pm On Jan 29, 2017
Noted.

Urhobo Wadooooooo.

4 Likes

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2017
Chai my God. May cursed be the day Buhari became Nigerian president.

What a hell are we in? Two weeks and counting and my house which I used to off the fridge, I have not seen light.

Now fuel price to go up.

God come to our rescue.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by miqos02(m): 4:49pm On Jan 29, 2017
k
Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by TeleboiZ005(m): 4:49pm On Jan 29, 2017
Buhari till 2023!...cheesy cheesy

We voted 4 change..the change is here!

I forbid anyone complaning...lets enjoy the change cuz we got "one life ni........

FTC hustling continues....grin grin

Can u c me

8 Likes

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by LordAdam7: 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2017
Please go ahead and tamper with the meter. You are running a business not a charity.

That's how others are doing it. Until the government stop playing politics with delicate issues, do what you can to stay afloat.

How can the government say they've removed subsidy but do not want to deregulate the sector completely. It is lack of sincerity.

Who will bear the loss since the price of oil is increasing and the exchange rate is increasing when the fixed N145 rate is no longer tenable? This is how they kill businesses and then later threaten businesses not to lay off workers.

-Lord

15 Likes

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by SexyNairalander: 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2017
booked

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by Vaxt(m): 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2017
So?

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by ephi123(f): 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2017
Sarrki where are you, oya come and shout sai baba.

The whole country is in a mess yet the president deems it fit to be vacationing in a foreign country.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by NNVanguard(m): 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
So many wrongs to be w rewritten in this nation.
In NNV we are setting the stage

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by Galaxie: 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
G
Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by 9iceboi(m): 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
I feel very sad whenever I hear afonjas complain about BUBU.. Chai this man do them MMM style. Ntooor tongue

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by fulaniHERDSman(m): 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
cheesy grin
Afonja how market?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by realjoker(m): 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by sanerugwei: 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2017
K
Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by boman2014: 4:53pm On Jan 29, 2017
WHAT NONSENSE

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by slawali: 4:53pm On Jan 29, 2017
SpecialAdviser:
Chai my God. May cursed be the day Buhari became Nigerian president.

What a hell are we in? Two weeks and counting and my house which I used to off the fridge, I have not seen light.

Now fuel price to go up.

God come to our rescue.

Relocate to my area olodo everything na buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by KidsNEXTdoor: 4:53pm On Jan 29, 2017
Where is the dullard

3 Likes

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by obembet(f): 4:53pm On Jan 29, 2017
H
Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by seXytOhbAd(m): 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
Hahahahahahahahahaha..... Everyone feeling bubu

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by Segadem(m): 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
Hmmmm, ok
Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by prince985(m): 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
South west??
Victorvezx where u dey?
I love dis

By voting out gej..dey tot dey were doing 'iPod yoots'
Who dey suffer naw na?? grin
Make I laff afonja mumu dem
Victorvexz a beg com see grin

24 Likes

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by lucksdot: 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
dat why you wish buhari death
Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
Naija which way...be like na d feb 5th protest sure pass

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by salbis(m): 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
Very unfortunate to say the least.

2 Likes

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by Segadem(m): 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
fulaniHERDSman:
cheesy grin
Afonja how market?

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ by SirdeKay: 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
But if they are running at a loss, why is it that there are so many filling stations springing up all over the whole place daily?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze / APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari / 2019: Senator Nyako Urges Adamawa People Not To Waste Votes On APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.