Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump (1250 Views)

German Chancellor.. / Revoke Grace Mugabe’s PhD Or Step Down - Zimbabwean Student Tell Vice-Chancellor / How Trump Won The US Election Despite Going Against The Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by malware: 7:28pm On Jan 29, 2017
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has criticized American President Donald Trump’s recent decision on barring refugees as well as citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the United States, saying the international fight against terrorism cannot make any excuse for imposing such a mass blockade.

The German leader made the remarks during a telephone conversation with Trump on Saturday, reminding him that the Geneva Conventions, to which the US is a signatory, require the international community to accept war refugees on humanitarian grounds and to provide humanitarian protection for civilians in a war zone.

“She is convinced that even the necessary, decisive battle against terrorism does not justify putting people of a specific background or faith under general suspicion,” Merkel’s spokesman, Steffen Seibert, said on Sunday, further noting that Merkel had conveyed her concerns to the US president over his recent decision.

Seibert further stated that the German government “regrets” the entry travel ban on people and refugees, adding that Berlin would review the consequences of Trump’s move for German citizens with dual nationalities.

The pro-environment German Green Party also lambasted the ban, with its economic spokesman, Dieter Janecek, saying that “Donald Trump is no longer a reliable partner” for Germany. He added that the measure would affect tens of thousands of Germans who had dual citizenship.

Janecek stated that Berlin had to take proper action if the new measure meant German legislators and other German citizens, holding dual citizenship, could no longer visit the US.

On Saturday, French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault and his German counterpart, Sigmar Gabriel, said their respective countries were "concerned" over some decisions made by Trump, particularly his controversial move to restrict refugee arrivals.

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2017/01/29/508269/Germany-Merkel-US-Trump-travel-ban-refugees-Iran-France

Re: You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by balanceofterror1(m): 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2017

3 Likes

Re: You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by Qmerit(m): 7:36pm On Jan 29, 2017
balanceofterror1:

Must you FOOL urself...
Re: You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by balanceofterror1(m): 7:38pm On Jan 29, 2017
Qmerit:

Must you FOOL urself...
Must you IDIOT urself...

2 Likes

Re: You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by Qmerit(m): 7:42pm On Jan 29, 2017
balanceofterror1:

Must you IDIOT urself...

Must you show ur stupidity in such a sensible post.

2 Likes

Re: You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by LORDOFAFONJAS: 7:42pm On Jan 29, 2017
Qmerit:

Must you FOOL urself...
pained islamabad tongue

4 Likes

Re: You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by RealLordZeus(m): 7:43pm On Jan 29, 2017
Let's keep observing hw this ish ends
Re: You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by balanceofterror1(m): 7:44pm On Jan 29, 2017
Qmerit:

Must you show ur stupidity in such a sensible post.
Must you show that you're an idiot by not minding your business.
Re: You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by Qmerit(m): 7:46pm On Jan 29, 2017
LORDOFAFONJAS:

pained islamabad tongue

Me Muslim? U must be dreaming cause ur brain is dead on arrival. Bigot somebori
Re: You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by Qmerit(m): 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2017
balanceofterror1:

Must you show that you're an idiot by not minding your business.

Cause u mind ur own corn selling bizness at first! Lobbish
Re: You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by balanceofterror1(m): 7:52pm On Jan 29, 2017
Qmerit:

Cause u mind ur own corn selling bizness at first! Lobbish

I didn't know I was talking with a masquerade.
Re: You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by Qmerit(m): 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
balanceofterror1:

I didn't know I was talking with a masquerade.

And since u know can't u rest! Head without brain
Re: You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by balanceofterror1(m): 7:57pm On Jan 29, 2017
Qmerit:

And since u know can't u rest! Head without brain
My mission is to knock off all Buhari's excreta in your brain.

1 Like

Re: You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by Qmerit(m): 8:00pm On Jan 29, 2017
balanceofterror1:

My mission is to knock off all Buhari's excreta in your brain.

I can see PMB is ur nightmare.. no wonder u u think and talk the way u do. Ur fake rumour has been busted yet u won't sleep well. I sorry for the day u were given birth to.
Re: You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by balanceofterror1(m): 8:03pm On Jan 29, 2017
Qmerit:

I can see PMB is ur nightmare.. no wonder u u think and talk the way u do. Ur fake rumour has been busted yet u won't sleep well. I sorry for the day u were given birth to.

You are a spoon fed child, if you need more food signify by CRYING.

Re: You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by Qmerit(m): 8:15pm On Jan 29, 2017
balanceofterror1:

You are a spoon fed child, if you need more food signify by CRYING.

It is obvious that u re just too empty that u defend ur vessle with animated objects which is made for kids like u and if u are adult and u think you re doing me Hehehehe
Re: You're Going Against Geneva Convention, German Chancellor Reminds Trump by balanceofterror1(m): 8:25pm On Jan 29, 2017
Qmerit:

It is obvious that u re just too empty that u defend ur vessle with animated objects which is made for kids like u and if u are adult and u think you re doing me Hehehehe

Cry Cry baby, why are you pained?.

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Hamas 101 / How The West Have Destroyed Libya's Standard Of Living / Photo Of A Man Trying To Save His Family By Putting Them Inside A Refrigerator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.