Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,048 members, 7,810,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn (8517 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Loses 17. 6bn Plunge To World's Sixth Richest / Gtbank Emerges Nigeria’s 2017 Bank Of The Year / Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by flyca: 8:01am On Jan 30, 2017
I'm happy I identified with this country early.
Jiayou China!

1 Like

Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by dfrost: 8:02am On Jan 30, 2017
That's a lot of cash in imports. Can we also know the cash gotten through exports?
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by dfrost: 8:04am On Jan 30, 2017
chukxie:

Did you say "substandard"? We get substandard Chinese made products in Nigeria for the most part because of the greediness of some importers from Nigeria. These greedy importers tell Chinese manufacturers Nigerians can not afford top quality products. I know this for a fact because I live in China. Stop blaming the Chinese for the fake and substandard products you find in Nigeria. Blame the greedy and heartless importers who go out to China to make them.

I could never have agreed better. You are absolutely right. We are the ones making orders for substandard materials/goods.

3 Likes

Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by erico2k2(m): 8:07am On Jan 30, 2017
davodyguy:
If this is the case, why the so much pressure on dollars?

All that needs to happen to to use Chinese currency for these transactions, hence $1.6b is saved from being exchanged, thereby reducing the pressure on dollars.

Simple and straight forward
ahah its a myth, control system i n place, there are groups of individuals benefiting from the dollar blockade, they are ripping Nigerians apart.
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by erico2k2(m): 8:14am On Jan 30, 2017
davodyguy:

NB

More than 50% of items from China are substandard, second to Made in ABA. grin
U need real EDUCATION. angry angry angry
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by MrMontella(m): 8:14am On Jan 30, 2017
coolestchris2:
China should colonize Nigeria already...

At least they execute corrupt leaders immediately
grin grin
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by Origin(f): 8:21am On Jan 30, 2017
I don't know who to blame whether its SON . But the standard of China imports is deplorable. Ordinary sewing thread that I bought the other day was so fragile and was cutting anyhow. Still the thread was not firmly bonded and was splitting into two.

And that is just thread. If I start with electronics we no go leave here today.

1 Like

Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by Saintp(m): 8:22am On Jan 30, 2017
chukxie:

Did you say "substandard"? We get substandard Chinese made products in Nigeria for the most part because of the greediness of some importers from Nigeria. These greedy importers tell Chinese manufacturers Nigerians can not afford top quality products. I know this for a fact because I live in China. Stop blaming the Chinese for the fake and substandard products you find in Nigeria. Blame the greedy and heartless importers who go out to China to make them.

Yes, you are right but they would also take part of the blame. The Americans and Europeans will never manufacture substandard goods no matter what. It is because they are as greedy as Nigerians, that is why they can be persuaded to produce fake. Where is their values? Like Nigerians like Chinese joor

2 Likes

Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by Kingsley1000(m): 8:25am On Jan 30, 2017
make them do high speed rail for us

1 Like

Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by Kingspin(m): 8:27am On Jan 30, 2017
China economy growing Nigeria economy dying. No job here but in China. Empty leaders of Nigeria wake up.
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by Xbee007(m): 9:07am On Jan 30, 2017
davodyguy:
If this is the case, why the so much pressure on dollars?

All that needs to happen to to use Chinese currency for these transactions, hence $1.6b is saved from being exchanged, thereby reducing the pressure on dollars.

Simple and straight forward
Kennitrust:
good question
The reality is the Chinese prefer Dollar to their own currency, Yuan. So if you need to import from them u will still be needing dollar.
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by Raiders: 9:16am On Jan 30, 2017
ZUBY77:
China is the leading import destination of every damn country in the world.

Starting from your almighty USA to Togo.
You need to be on ground here in China to know what I am talking about.
Behind my office in Guangzhou China is a well known Plaza that houses shipping/cargo companies owned by People from Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Russia and every country in that region.
And they move large goods daily.

This is something I never saw in Europe in all my years there.
So yes, if you want to do business, turn your eyes east towards China, it's the World's largest business center and will remain so for another 100 years.
I hope you are enjoying the Chinese New Year celebrations. I order some goods from Shenzhen China but they can't be shipped till after the holiday on February 4th. Those Chinese really love holidays. I don't know of any country that has more holiday than China.
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by erico2k2(m): 9:17am On Jan 30, 2017
Origin:
I don't know who to blame whether its SON . But the standard of China imports is deplorable. Ordinary sewing thread that I bought the other day was so fragile and was cutting anyhow. Still the thread was not firmly bonded and was splitting into two.

And that is just thread. If I start with electronics we no go leave here today.
hahah U know, we need real education.China dont make fake goods rather its your brothers who do, they are the ones who go there to tell teh manufacturer what they want,
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by ZUBY77(m): 9:26am On Jan 30, 2017
Raiders:
I hope you are enjoying the Chinese New Year celebrations. I order some goods from Shenzhen China but they can't be shipped till after the holiday on February 4th. Those Chinese really love holidays. I don't know of any country that has more holiday than China.

Yea, everywhere is locked now. They will ship after holidays.
I hope you use our company to ship.
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by erico2k2(m): 9:31am On Jan 30, 2017
Saintp:

Yes, you are right but they would also take part of the blame. The Americans and Europeans will never manufacture substandard goods no matter what. It is because they are as greedy as Nigerians, that is why they can be persuaded to produce fake. Where is their values? Like Nigerians like Chinese joor
who told you so,You have to speak of only waht you are sure of, there are more fakes in the west than in Africa cos its more profitable.
Y do U think we have trading standards in teh UK
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 30, 2017
Bros i'd like to ask you some questions. I just completed my nysc recently,and ever since I've been home unemployed. I've been looking at this mini importation thing;I came across a Chinese website where I can get stuffs and sell here in nigeria. But I have some issues,we both know the naira/dollar rate is crazy,i'd like to know how feasible it is to send the naira currency to an agent in China and he exchanges it for the Chinese yen in order to get for me the things I need from that website,then he helps me ship it down here.
I know the naira/yen exchange ratio is impressive,i'd like you to educate me on how feasible it is to bypass the dollar when transacting a business in china,instead making use of the naira.
chukxie:

Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by Raiders: 9:37am On Jan 30, 2017
ZUBY77:

Yea, everywhere is locked now. They will ship after holidays.
I hope you use our company to ship.
I always read your comments on Nairaland but I didn't know you are based in China. I don't shipped to Nigeria. I am based in the US and I source my goods from China and ship them to US to sell in America. What items do you deal on in China and do you ship to the US too?
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by ZUBY77(m): 9:39am On Jan 30, 2017
Raiders:
I always read your comments on Nairaland but I didn't know you are based in China. I don't shipped to Nigeria. I am based in the US and I source my goods from China and ship them to US to sell in America. What items do you deal on in China and do you ship to the US too?

I run a shipping company.
Cargo, Sea, Express.
And I purchase goods for people from all over rage world.
I pay Chinese sellers for buyers from other countries
Etc.

That's official phone number though is +8613544479311

Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by Raiders: 9:43am On Jan 30, 2017
Saintp:

America don't manufacture anything. Everything in America is made in China. Even the American iPhone is made in China, America flag is also made in China. Most America company have factories in China because it's cheaper to produce their goods in China. Anyway Trump is planning to stop America companies from producing their goods in China and Mexico. Also Chinese products are not really bad. It's our Nigeria importers who order inferior and cheap goods from China.
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by erico2k2(m): 9:47am On Jan 30, 2017
Raiders:
America don't manufacture anything. Everything in America is made in China. Even the American iPhone is made in China, America flag is also made in China. Most America company have factories in China because it's cheaper to produce their goods in China. Anyway Trump is planning to stop America companies from producing their goods in China and Mexico. Also Chinese products are not really bad. It's our Nigeria importers who order inferior and cheap goods from China.
we have to be carful when genralizing,America manufacture loads of stuff.But I guess you dont know.
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by ZUBY77(m): 9:48am On Jan 30, 2017
erico2k2:

we have to be carful when genralizing,America manufacture loads of stuff.But I guess you dont know.

Trust me, he knows what he is talking g about.
Of course America manufactures things too.
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by Raiders: 9:52am On Jan 30, 2017
ZUBY77:

Cargo, Sea, Express.
Etc.

ok. Thanks. It's late here. I will check your website later.
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by ZUBY77(m): 9:53am On Jan 30, 2017
Raiders:
ok. Thanks. It's late here. I will check your website later.

OK.. Stay safe
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by erico2k2(m): 9:55am On Jan 30, 2017
ZUBY77:

Trust me, he knows what he is talking g about.
Of course America manufactures things too.
The Chinese are expert in revers Engineering.They are no longer a cheap manufacturing country as previously thought
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by ZUBY77(m): 9:59am On Jan 30, 2017
erico2k2:

The Chinese are expert in revers Engineering.They are no longer a cheap manufacturing country as previously thought

I live in Guangzhou China, so I think I know more about this than you do.
If you know of any other country with cheaper manufacturing, please tell me
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by Saintp(m): 10:17am On Jan 30, 2017
Raiders:

I understand. However, once upon a time, America and Europe were producing and they were not producing fake for anybody. The issue I'm pointing is that Chinese producers are as greedy as Nigerian importers otherwise they would have set thier standard and not compromise with Nigerian importers dubious requests. If I want to do bad and you help me achieve it, are we not partners in crime?
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 30, 2017
Bros i'd like to ask you some questions. I just completed my nysc recently,and ever since I've been home unemployed. I've been looking at this mini importation thing;I came across a Chinese website where I can get stuffs and sell here in nigeria. But I have some issues,we both know the naira/dollar rate is crazy,i'd like to know how feasible it is to send the naira currency to an agent in China and he exchanges it for the Chinese yen in order to get for me the things I need from that website,then he helps me ship it down here.
I know the naira/yen exchange ratio is impressive,i'd like you to educate me on how feasible it is to bypass the dollar when transacting a business in china,instead making use of the naira.
ZUBY77:

Cargo, Sea, Express.
Etc.

Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by ZUBY77(m): 10:49am On Jan 30, 2017
illuminated93:

I will add you to the China business online group. You will learn a few things from there.

Add my what's number +8613544479311
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by slysteel: 11:28am On Jan 30, 2017
davodyguy:

NB

More than 50% of items from China are substandard, second to Made in ABA. grin
This comments has ignorance written all over it,Nairaland children that should be studying for jamb but instead they are always here disturbing us..

1 Like

Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by erico2k2(m): 12:30pm On Jan 30, 2017
ZUBY77:

I live in Guangzhou China, so I think I know more about this than you do.
If you know of any other country with cheaper manufacturing, please tell me
yep there are more cheaper countries
Mexico, India,Turkey,Bangladesh,Vietnam,a, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Ethiopia, Bolivia, Cambodia

these countries have loads of Chinese relocating there to set up plant,In not just talking for talking sake Im not a stranger to LCCS.
SO gone are those days, china is now a leading Nation no more an Emerging mkt, hence the shift but it is a good thing.The Chinese are getting richer, at least you are there you will agree with me on this one
Re: China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn by chukxie(m): 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2017
Saintp:

There was this one time I wanted to buy some really good quality stone~wash jeans so I went to this plaza not fair from the Guangzhou train station where I found the very stuff I was looking for. When I inquired how much the jeans were sold for, the sales clerk told me they were expensive for black African buyers. Curiously, I asked her why she thought the jeans were expensive for me. She said black African business people prefer to cheap and bad quality stuff unlike Arab business people who prioritize good quality over everything else. This negative perception created by some black business people in China has given rise to a stereotype prevalent in China and Guangzhou in particular.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Can I Invest 10,000 That Will Give Me 15,000 In A Month. / Banks Risk Legal Suits For Deducting Stamp Duties From Customers’ Accounts / BVN PALABA: I Used Two Different Names To Open Two Accounts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.