Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have (29214 Views)

"Wolf Of Wall Street" - 5 Mindsets Every Graduate MUST Have In 2018 / Ernst&young Graduate Trainee 2017 / Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by magazineguy(m): 8:11am On Jan 30, 2017
So you are fresh out of University and you are looking to land that dream job or you are about starting a business. We all know that there are a lot of young people out there who need jobs, i.e. the job market is saturated and so just in case you land that dream job of yours, you need to keep it and when you start your business, you need it to boom. So what are the skills you should not leave the university without as a graduate.

Communication skills: You need to be able to communicate and relate well with others in your organization. In as much as you do not want to be seen as a rude and unrelatable in the organization, you also want to be assertive so that you can stand your ground when need be. Also, if you are starting your business, you want to be able to communicate well with your clients as that would ensure that they come back.

A good appraisal of the legal system: This is very important, especially in Nigeria where we live. We have seen situations where the government just comes and closes down business spaces or worse-off demolishes them. A great example is 52 Rumens Road, Ikoyi. You don’t have to be a law expert, but just enough to understand the government of your day.

IT Knowledge: IT knowledge is very important now as most jobs require basic computer skills and even then, basic is slowly getting “old”. Nowadays, you have to be well equipped in this area, as every day, new innovations keep popping up. Technology is constantly on the move so you need to improve your IT skills daily!

Industry Knowledge: You should know the nitty-gritty of the industry of the company in which you work, even at your business, you should have enough knowledge to avoid surprises. The more you know about the company you work in, the more you will be able to excel at your job.

Project Management: As a young graduate, you are expected to have participated in capacities in which you managed different projects while you were in school. Therefore, you should be able to effectively manage projects and/or problems that may arise in the course of your job. You should be able to think outside the box, set goals, and work with team members on different project.

source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/5-skills-every-young-graduate-must/

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 30, 2017
good one. thanks Op.

1 Like

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by magazineguy(m): 8:40am On Jan 30, 2017
Thank you for reading

Chuvin22:
good one. thanks Op.
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by jericco1(m): 10:36am On Jan 30, 2017
Yea I concur
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by LekkiHost: 10:54am On Jan 30, 2017
Do you want to look confident at every interview..then read these tips https://www.lekkihost.com/forum/index.php?topic=12.0
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by MrGreenMavro: 12:37pm On Jan 30, 2017
grin
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by jbkomo(m): 4:16pm On Jan 30, 2017
Lobbying also may come handy. Not for politicians only but also in coporate world dis days. Inasmuch as it conform with international best practice

2 Likes

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by iamawara(m): 4:17pm On Jan 30, 2017
Nice. I got all

In other news 4by4cash dot com is back after domain suspension.

4by4cash AKA chop and clean mouth is still paying. Join, after u get ur cash RUN
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Arewa12: 4:18pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hmm nyc one @OP
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Bigajeff(m): 4:18pm On Jan 30, 2017
Must be a social media savvy

1 Like

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by nobilie: 4:20pm On Jan 30, 2017
Driving skill
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by veekid(m): 4:21pm On Jan 30, 2017
Yahoo Yahoo skills
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Opistorincos(m): 4:21pm On Jan 30, 2017

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by psalmsonovic(m): 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
Nice tips.
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Moreoffaith(m): 4:23pm On Jan 30, 2017
Business nko In case u hit 12million for bet 9ja, if you are not business oriented that money go finish and u go still dey look for white collar job ooo.

The guy below me hen EFCC dey nairaland o.
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by fergieboy: 4:23pm On Jan 30, 2017
Gee skills
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by zukor: 4:23pm On Jan 30, 2017
Nice
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Innodon(m): 4:24pm On Jan 30, 2017
Noted
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 30, 2017
how to get over issues and worries quickly ......(you might be asked to resign the next day, or the coy just folds)
how to make do with very little income.... (you might never earn above 100k while working for some people)
how to think outside the box..... (you might never be employed)
how to make reasonable friends..... ( fake friend makes you ashamed to hustle)
how to swallow your pride.... (hunger resets brains)...

my 2 cents to a graduate entering the labour market....( its a very big market with little stingy and cheap buyers)

how to maintain old wears..... ( you might not get to shop for a year or 2)

4 Likes

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by CuteCeo: 4:26pm On Jan 30, 2017
Cool
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by wethebest(m): 4:32pm On Jan 30, 2017
ehen? d ones wen we get b4, all dis greedy old fools gree leave office for we to use am or give us job?

1 Like

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by ItsawrapOutfit: 4:41pm On Jan 30, 2017
Noted
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by NameChecker: 4:43pm On Jan 30, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by aamstih: 4:44pm On Jan 30, 2017
This term fresh graduate is ambiguous. Pls who do you consider a fresh graduate?
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Rexnegro(m): 4:49pm On Jan 30, 2017
I tire for this Country
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Dymaco(m): 5:03pm On Jan 30, 2017
knowing everything about your company or related discipline you are working in is very important.
incase of sack, you can easily start a business consulting services based on the company you work.
I know of a man who was sack from a yogurt factory started his own consulting business based on starting and managing a yogurt factory

1 Like

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by professore(m): 5:03pm On Jan 30, 2017
Very nice
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by monerozi5590: 5:03pm On Jan 30, 2017
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by slyopez(m): 5:04pm On Jan 30, 2017
Street sure pass
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by adekalumichael: 5:12pm On Jan 30, 2017
Pretty write up. I want to add that due to the labour market dynamics, a graduate should also be equipped with financial education , by this, I mean he/she should understand basis of money circulation. Also handiwork or developed craft or skill. As these may help should the white collar jobs delay.

1 Like

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Ahmiee(f): 5:15pm On Jan 30, 2017
monerozi5590:
communication skill is my greatest challenge...... when i am with a group of friends i will communicate effectively.... but whenever i am in front of an audience i struggled.... all what i have stored will vanished..... I need help
it happens
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Pinkieblue(f): 5:15pm On Jan 30, 2017
Cornerstone insurance plc, is seeking to recruit energetic, strong-willed and focused individuals to join it's team of professionals in line with its growth and expansion plan.

Our organization was established to conduct insurance business in a customer focused manner.

Job title: Financial planner/Marketing Executive

How to Apply:

Interested and qualified candidates should send their cv to bucherecruitment@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Awaiting NNPC Email Invitation / Exclusive Job Vacancies & Interview Tips! / Your Advice: Lecturing Or Banking Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.