Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,780 members, 7,848,092 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 03:53 PM

5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have (29231 Views)

"Wolf Of Wall Street" - 5 Mindsets Every Graduate MUST Have In 2018 / Ernst&young Graduate Trainee 2017 / Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by finnestdope(m): 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2017
nice one bro

1 Like

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by aku626(m): 5:43pm On Jan 30, 2017
Get all the skill you like and have no respect for humanism you are empty.

1 Like

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by magazineguy(m): 6:01pm On Jan 30, 2017
Fresh graduate as in literally fresh graduate - new graduates between 6 months - 1 year max

aamstih:
This term fresh graduate is ambiguous. Pls who do you consider a fresh graduate?
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by magazineguy(m): 6:05pm On Jan 30, 2017
When you are with your friends, you are more relaxed and not mindful of the words you use hence your ability to communicate effectively with them, while in front of a crowd you tend to be nervous which is totally normal. I suggest you try gesticulating when speaking or try keeping eye contact with a couple of persons in the audience. Always practice also indoors [if you are making a presentation or pitch].

monerozi5590:
communication skill is my greatest challenge...... when i am with a group of friends i will communicate effectively.... but whenever i am in front of an audience i struggled.... all what i have stored will vanished..... I need help
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Rasbel(m): 6:13pm On Jan 30, 2017
monerozi5590:
communication skill is my greatest challenge...... when i am with a group of friends i will communicate effectively.... but whenever i am in front of an audience i struggled.... all what i have stored will vanished..... I need help

I suggest you read one or two books on public speaking..."Public Speaking For Success" by Dale Carnegie is a good example.

1 Like

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by monerozi5590: 7:21pm On Jan 30, 2017
[quote author=magazineguy post=53271210]When you are with your friends, you are more relaxed and not mindful of the words you use hence your ability to communicate effectively with them, while in front of a crowd you tend to be nervous which is totally normal. I suggest you try gesticulating when speaking or try keeping eye contact with a couple of persons in the audience. Always practice also indoors [if you are making a presentation or pitch].

1 Like

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Eaugusta(f): 8:04pm On Jan 30, 2017
aamstih:
This term fresh graduate is ambiguous. Pls who do you consider a fresh graduate?
I agree with you; very ambiguous
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Eaugusta(f): 8:10pm On Jan 30, 2017
magazineguy:
Fresh graduate as in literally fresh graduate - new graduates between 6 months - 1 year max

How about 2 to 3 years without experience, where do we classify them?
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Royalsettle: 8:11pm On Jan 30, 2017
magazineguy:
So you are fresh out of University and you are looking to land that dream job or you are about starting a business. We all know that there are a lot of young people out there who need jobs, i.e. the job market is saturated and so just in case you land that dream job of yours, you need to keep it and when you start your business, you need it to boom. So what are the skills you should not leave the university without as a graduate.

Communication skills: You need to be able to communicate and relate well with others in your organization. In as much as you do not want to be seen as a rude and unrelatable in the organization, you also want to be assertive so that you can stand your ground when need be. Also, if you are starting your business, you want to be able to communicate well with your clients as that would ensure that they come back.

A good appraisal of the legal system: This is very important, especially in Nigeria where we live. We have seen situations where the government just comes and closes down business spaces or worse-off demolishes them. A great example is 52 Rumens Road, Ikoyi. You don’t have to be a law expert, but just enough to understand the government of your day.

IT Knowledge: IT knowledge is very important now as most jobs require basic computer skills and even then, basic is slowly getting “old”. Nowadays, you have to be well equipped in this area, as every day, new innovations keep popping up. Technology is constantly on the move so you need to improve your IT skills daily!

Industry Knowledge: You should know the nitty-gritty of the industry of the company in which you work, even at your business, you should have enough knowledge to avoid surprises. The more you know about the company you work in, the more you will be able to excel at your job.

Project Management: As a young graduate, you are expected to have participated in capacities in which you managed different projects while you were in school. Therefore, you should be able to effectively manage projects and/or problems that may arise in the course of your job. You should be able to think outside the box, set goals, and work with team members on different project.

source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/5-skills-every-young-graduate-must/

thanks will follow this

1 Like

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by magazineguy(m): 8:14pm On Jan 30, 2017
Those are entry level

Eaugusta:

How about 2 to 3 years without experience, where do we classify them?
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by magazineguy(m): 8:16pm On Jan 30, 2017
Nervousness is caused by several factors: fear, anxiety etc. If you know which, then you can start by overcoming that first
monerozi5590:
....thanks sir...... thanks for your response..... I need to practice more... I disgraced myself today...... feel like shit ryt now..... the words are not Just coming out right.... how do i get rid of nervousness?
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Eaugusta(f): 8:19pm On Jan 30, 2017
magazineguy:
Those are entry level

OK tnx

1 Like

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by roeb1987(m): 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2017
good one

1 Like

Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by TopWinner(m): 7:23am On Jan 31, 2017
Computer Literacy skills, no? undecided
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by magazineguy(m): 8:06am On Jan 31, 2017
Falls under IT knowledge.

TopWinner:
Computer Literacy skills, no? undecided
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by Darestc2k12: 8:09am On Jan 31, 2017
Thanks good one.
But i want more info on being assertive
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by ssolaoye: 8:28am On Jan 31, 2017
Get Paid Faster - https://invoice.ng
Re: 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have by TopWinner(m): 5:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
magazineguy:
Falls under IT knowledge.

Oh.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Notable Signs That You Had A Good Or Bad Interview- What To Do Afterwards / Why Do Big People Around Me Ask For My Means Of Livelihood? / Npower: Shortlisted Candidates Please Share Your State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.