Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,984 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You (39358 Views)

Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? / Race: Porche Panamera Vs Benz C63s AMG In Abuja, Benz Will Shock You(Pics/Vids) / We Will Seize Vehicles That Drive Against Traffic Until End Of Christmas - FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by martineverest(m): 7:09am On Jan 31, 2017
is it left or right?
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by ipreach: 7:09am On Jan 31, 2017
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by Monk92(m): 7:10am On Jan 31, 2017
Na buhari cause am
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by SammyJac(m): 7:14am On Jan 31, 2017
I NEVER KNEW THAT SOME OF THESE COUNTRIES EXIST.
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by Geonigga(m): 7:15am On Jan 31, 2017
Nma27:
What's weird there?
are u sure they know the meaning of weird?
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by IAmTobore(m): 7:16am On Jan 31, 2017
All those countries driving left hand cars on the left side should change their driving pattern na. Abi is it by force? I once watched a Jamaican movie and saw exactly the same thing. I thought it was just for the movie.
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by curvilicious: 7:16am On Jan 31, 2017
If i drive there na accident everyday smh
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 31, 2017
Nigeria used to drive on the left side of the road till 1972....when we changed over to the right side.

A change which did not go too smoothly...there were some bad accidents involving people who forgot we had changed from left to right.
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by millhouse: 7:17am On Jan 31, 2017
You can imagine
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by nightingalee: 7:17am On Jan 31, 2017
Bonaventura:

'Educative' I believe you meant.
Nananah; that's a verb, also a variant of the word 'educate'. are you clear?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by curvilicious: 7:17am On Jan 31, 2017
SammyJac:
I NEVER KNEW THAT SOME OF THESE COUNTRIES EXIST.

I tire o
Imagine Solomon island
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by leofab(f): 7:19am On Jan 31, 2017
This one weak me
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by paskyboy: 7:20am On Jan 31, 2017
Nigeria is not there no wonder, nothing works here, we are backward
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by chronique(m): 7:23am On Jan 31, 2017
Driving rhd cars has always been nightmarish to me. I've always passed on the opportunity to drive one cos it feels totally odd and weird to me.
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by DauraDullard0(m): 7:23am On Jan 31, 2017
Nixiepie:
Hmmmmm no Nigeria,issokay
Are you OK?
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 31, 2017
paskyboy:
Nigeria is not there no wonder, nothing works here, we are backward

grin

Actually, until 1972, we used to drive on the left side of the road.

We changed over largely because all our neighboring countries were driving on the right side of the road...so it made things a bit simpler.
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by MrHenshaw: 7:24am On Jan 31, 2017
autojosh:
Have you been thinking it’s only The United Kingdom and a few other countries that drive on the left side? Those few other countries are definitely not less than 65. So, don’t go crossing anyhow when visiting these countries..

Watch out for British Virgin Islands… it will shock you.

AFRICA
1. Botswana
2. Kenya
3. Lesotho
4. Malawi
5. Mauritius
6. Mozambique
7. Namibia
8. South Africa
9. Swaziland
10. Tanzania
11. Uganda
12. Zambia
13. Zimbabwe

ASIA
1. Bangladesh
2. Bhutan
3. Brunei
4. East Timor
5. Hong Kong
6. Indonesia
7. India
8. Japan
9. Macau
10. Malaysia
11. Nepal
12. Pakistan
13. Singapore
14. Sri Lanka
15. Thailand

AUSTRALIA/OCEANIA
1. Australia
2. Cook Islands
3. Fiji
4. Kiribati
5. Nauru
6. New Zealand
7. Niue
8.Papua New Guinea
9. Solomon Islands
10. Samoa
11. Tonga
12. Tuvalu

CARIBBEAN

1. Anguilla
2. Antigua and Barbuda
3. Bahamas
4. Barbados
5. Bermuda
6. British Virgin Islands: Right hand drive cars always drive on the left side of the road. But in BVI, they drive left hand drive cars on the left side of the road.. How do they even overtake? The reason for this is.. they follow UK rules (driving on the left side) and they drive USA cars (left hand drive). I am sure this will also apply to some other Caribbean countries.
7. Cayman Islands
8. Dominica
9. Grenada
10. Jamaica
11. Montserrat
12. Saint Kitts and Nevis
13. Saint Lucia
14. Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
15. Trinidad and Tobago
16. Turks and Caicos Island
17. U.S. Virgin Islands

EUROPE

1. Cyprus
2. Ireland
3. Malta
4. United Kingdom

SOUTH AMERICA
1. Guyana
2. Suriname

1. OTHERS

2. Maldives
3. Seychelles

Like and share.

https://autojosh.com/drive-on-the-left-side/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

No country is remaining nah except Nigeria.
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by Scatterscatter(m): 7:26am On Jan 31, 2017
OP I'm waiting for the shock undecided undecided
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by Chetimah(m): 7:28am On Jan 31, 2017
Guten morgen,nitch verboten,und nigeria
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 31, 2017
Nixiepie:
Hmmmmm no Nigeria,issokay

Do you drive at all ?
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by Ramaa(m): 7:31am On Jan 31, 2017
Tanzania
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 31, 2017
Geonigga:
are u sure they know the meaning of weird?
hehehehehe... I tire o
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by OnowuOra(m): 7:38am On Jan 31, 2017
South America Surname How can a country be bearing “Surname” ?
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by nedu2000(m): 7:38am On Jan 31, 2017
1Rebel:
I'm still waiting to be "shocked". undecided

hahahahaha,characters dey oh

2 Likes

Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by nedu2000(m): 7:42am On Jan 31, 2017
MrHenshaw:

No country is remaining nah except Nigeria.

naija car steering are on the left but we right on the right side of the road while on a 2-way road or a car is coming in the opposite direction
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by Diamondpicture(m): 7:52am On Jan 31, 2017
Honnestly these has always been a problem to me whenever am in Nigeria differentiating the road
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 31, 2017
Nothing shocking about the BVI.

Most of my hobby cars are RHD in RHD USA.
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by guttentag(m): 7:59am On Jan 31, 2017
why all the southern african countries on left side,
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 31, 2017
freemanbubble:
am not surprised about Arab nation making the list.
those Arab nation can read from the left not to talk of common left driving

anyway am still waiting for the shocker if not I will not leave this thread
You are wrong . They read from the right, English is written from the left while Arabic is written from the right.
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by Kobicove(m): 8:08am On Jan 31, 2017
Where is the shocker?! undecided
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by buchilino(m): 8:11am On Jan 31, 2017
DIS CONFUSION IS PARTLY ONE OF D MANY REASONS Y I HAVEN'T GONE 2 BRITAIN N SOUTH AFRICA.
Re: 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You by HtwoOw: 8:25am On Jan 31, 2017
Lolest

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Ghastly Accident Along Aba Road,abia Today / Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Buys Ghanaian-made Katanka Car / Police Vows To Go After Producers Of Rotating Number Plates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.