Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review (40647 Views)

Meet Dehlia Umunna, The First Nigerian Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School / Akwa Ibom Lady Elected As First Female Black President Of The Havard Law Review. / Nigerian Girl Becomes President Of The Harvard Law Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by mandax: 6:36am On Jan 31, 2017
If Umana from the south of Nigeria contests election for President of Nigeria against an Almajiri from the north of Nigeria, the Almajiri shall win Umana.
The twenty states unjustly created in northern Nigeria by northern Nigeria's soldiers enhance that north wins the presidency at any time, unless north decides to allow a southerner to rule.

Easterners are asking for exit with Biafra from Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by martineverest(m): 6:39am On Jan 31, 2017
pennywys:
will you care to ask them if they are in the quest of Biafra? Probably if they love to remain a host for the parasitic northerners and Nigerian government? How they fill to be humiliated, diddle and marginalised by the northerners. Looting their treasure building and developing the FTC, increasing the pause of an hausa/Fulani herdsman in Aso Rock while they themselves living in penury, in a slum state and facing the agony of untold hardship. Did you or care to visit the Niger Delta states, I mean the rural communities and feel the way they felt, that is if you care about the wellbeing of humanity. Do you know that Niger delta states holds the treasures of this country called Nigeria, and the majority of the companies operating in that region including the oil companies, such as mobile, total, chevron, shell NLNG, Agip and lots of others offices are in Lagos state as well paying taxes to Lagos state government. Ask yourself this question, if you were to be one of them will ever jubiliate in one Nigeria?

Biafra you most know is a great nation, not a rumour.
oga,i am a niger deltan...the fact that we have been 'neglected' doesnt mean we are blind to follow biafra...we could also choose to stay on our own instead of following biafra
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by AnanseK(m): 7:01am On Jan 31, 2017
thesicilian:

Hahaha. A fulani cannot even emerge as the best student in Agriculture in any Northern state, not to talk of ...

You're more ignorant than Trump
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by nijanigga: 7:01am On Jan 31, 2017
Adminisher:

One guy is chief designer if cars for GM or Ford. He was interviewed many times about a year ago. They had a Prof Iya Abubakar who used to scatter in Imperial College. The current NNPC MD is a first class Engineering graduate. I have worked with many smart Fulanis. The problem has been bad leadership and guaranteed Government jobs that killed the North.
They have equal intellectual endowments. The real hard core muslims have to learn Arabic a foreign language at young age. You don't do that and not be smart
there are so many educated illiterates in Nigeria, fulanis are the best brains in Northern Nigeria if all of them are exposed to western education like in the south, many of the so called educated can't match them academically
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by mikolo80: 7:15am On Jan 31, 2017
thesicilian:
@ Adminisher:
Nothing smart about learning a foreign language as a child, they can grasp most languages faster than adults. And besides most Fulanis/Hausas don't really know Arabic that much, other than the basic everyday terms used in the mosques.
so what's your point.
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by mikolo80: 7:16am On Jan 31, 2017
flyca:
Wow! That is super wondeful! Congrats madam!

Those commenters above me galivanting and claiming her, she just has a Nigerian name. Having a Nigerian name or being born to Nigerian parents is differnt from being a Nigerian. Straighen the difference up!
some ppl watch premier league, some claim Nigerian Americans. Ppl gas make diasef happy
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by abdulhamid0(m): 7:19am On Jan 31, 2017
President monkey trump fo soon fire her.
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by senrino(m): 7:24am On Jan 31, 2017
jiinxed:
Igbo girl. Why am I not surprised?

Lolz.. Look well na.. Na Cross river / akwa ibom names be dat.. undecided undecided
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by senrino(m): 7:26am On Jan 31, 2017
martineverest:
the name sounds efik/ibibio abeg
help me tell dem oo..
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by senrino(m): 7:28am On Jan 31, 2017
pennywys:
isn't Efik in Biafra land?
since wen efik dey Biafra land?.. Or na the other way . . #knowyourhistory #mbok
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by israel90: 7:48am On Jan 31, 2017
firstking01:
When will a fulani emerge as the best student abroad??
Both yoruba's and biafra's are heros outside the country but ruled by fulanis
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by fiyin47(m): 7:50am On Jan 31, 2017
thesicilian:
waiting for the biafrans to come and claim her as usual.

Obviously she is one of theirs na.good luck sis

1 Like

Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by tens4real(m): 7:53am On Jan 31, 2017
DaPuncline:

Come pursue me. Maybe na ur papa get nairaland. Sule.
dumb ass... agbaya
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by hardbody: 7:58am On Jan 31, 2017
jiinxed:

I think Umana is Akwa Ibom, don't take credit for what you do not merit, except you are very sure. I am Igbo myself.
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by thesicilian: 8:23am On Jan 31, 2017
mikolo80:
so what's your point.
The fact that they can learn a foreign language in childhood does not necessarily make them smart. That was my point.
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by Idydarling(f): 8:23am On Jan 31, 2017
jiinxed:
shatap!!!! wen did umana become an igbo name? she's from AkwaIbom.

1 Like

Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by thesicilian: 8:24am On Jan 31, 2017
AnanseK:

You're more ignorant than Trump
Lol. What an honour to be lumped into the same category of intelligence as Trump. I adore him.
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by Welcomme: 8:31am On Jan 31, 2017
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by mikolo80: 8:41am On Jan 31, 2017
thesicilian:

The fact that they can learn a foreign language in childhood does not necessarily make them smart. That was my point.
so what makes one smart. Maths and English? Or chemistry and biology, which? There are all foreign languages. We all have the capacity to learn almost anything. That you're lucky to not be born in North Korea or Cuba doesn't warrant you disparaging a wild race of ppl for no fault of theirs. It's just like a white man calling you a fool for Nov fixing Nigeria. How would you like that. You're educated. Speak like it
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by firstking01(m): 8:44am On Jan 31, 2017
israel90:
Both yoruba's and biafra's are heros outside the country but ruled by fulanis
And that's why the wrath of God has kindle against them...henceforth any northerner that will emerge as president will either die on seat or he 'll be strucked with a terminal ailment that will incapacitate him...
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 31, 2017
thesicilian:
lol. it has been made abundantly clear she's from akwa ibom.

afonja your divide and rule no dey sell again.yes she is ibibio and ibibios are biafrans...
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by thesicilian: 9:14am On Jan 31, 2017
mikolo80:
so what makes one smart. Maths and English? Or chemistry and biology, which? There are all foreign languages. We all have the capacity to learn almost anything. That you're lucky to not be born in North Korea or Cuba doesn't warrant you disparaging a wild race of ppl for no fault of theirs. It's just like a white man calling you a fool for Nov fixing Nigeria. How would you like that. You're educated. Speak like it
Hahaha. You managed to vent all your anger on me without an outright insult. That is a trait I find endearing. "Wehdone Sir!"
The truth is that I have nothing against the Fulani in general, at least not until recently. But my anger towards them now is largely due to the impunity with which some of them, the so-called herdsmen, have conducted themselves of late, killing and maiming with reckless abandon, and with not one of them as a tribe speaking out against it.

Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by thesicilian: 9:16am On Jan 31, 2017
xharder:

afonja your divide and rule no dey sell again.yes she is ibibio and ibibios are biafrans...
Afonja ke? smh
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by mikolo80: 9:22am On Jan 31, 2017
thesicilian:

Hahaha. You managed to vent all your anger on me without an outright insult. That is a trait I find endearing. "Wehdone Sir!"
The truth is that I have nothing against the Fulani in general, at least not until recently. But my anger towards them now is largely due to the impunity with which some of them, the so-called herdsmen, have conducted themselves of late, killing and maiming with reckless abandon, and with not one of them as a tribe speaking out against it.
Haba, anger ke, no o, you did not insult me, why will I insult you. No it is not anger, it's just that finger pointing gas not worked in 50 years, time to change tactics. Either we genocide them or we use brotherly love to win them over. The herdsmen however need to have bear traps set for their boys and farmers off to strap up to defend themselves during raids although I'm sure the bear traps will send the message clearly. No cows no herdsmen unless they go full blown armed robbers then gettin guns is the next step cos police is not ready
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by Mrukk: 9:24am On Jan 31, 2017
thesicilian:

True. I recognized you at first sight.
Oh u mean thesicilian
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by thesicilian: 9:27am On Jan 31, 2017
Mrukk:
Oh u mean thesicilian
I meant Ruqayat the Fulani Herdsgirl.
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by pennywys(m): 9:30am On Jan 31, 2017
martineverest:
oga,i am a niger deltan...the fact that we have been 'neglected' doesnt mean we are blind to follow biafra...we could also choose to stay on our own instead of following biafra
I thank God you know you are been neglected and maltreated, now is the time we must seek for our freedom by either join Biafra in their struggle or stand Niger delta as an entity of his own.
Don't allied with the northerners, they are parasites.
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by thesicilian: 9:32am On Jan 31, 2017
mikolo80:
Haba, anger ke, no o, you did not insult me, why will I insult you. No it is not anger, it's just that finger pointing gas not worked in 50 years, time to change tactics. Either we genocide them [s]or we use brotherly love to win them over.[/s] The herdsmen however need to have bear traps set for their boys and farmers off to strap up to defend themselves during raids although I'm sure the bear traps will send the message clearly. No cows no herdsmen unless they go full blown armed robbers then gettin guns is the next step cos police is not ready. √√√√
Brotherly love? No. Those people have no love in their constitution.
Bear traps? Yes please!
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by mikolo80: 9:39am On Jan 31, 2017
thesicilian:

Brotherly love? No. Those people have no love in their constitution.
Bear traps? Yes please!
not them, us.
Trust me if the church was feeding the almajiri (like Jesus would've done) instead of buying private jet, they(Alfas) would either change tactics or lose all their followers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by davidif: 9:39am On Jan 31, 2017
Congratulations to her.
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by davidif: 9:40am On Jan 31, 2017
DrRasheed:
Oya come back home..

And do what exactly?
Re: Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review by davidif: 9:41am On Jan 31, 2017
jiinxed:

Nope. Her name is Calabar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Friends Who Study Together Graduate With First Class Together (Photos) / Ogun Schoolgirls Turn Smokers, Teachers Lament / List Of Universities In Ghana Accredited & Recognized In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.