Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State (13938 Views)

Fayose And Wike Off To Anambra For PDP Governorship Primary Elections (Photos) / Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos / Willie Obiano Welcomes Osinbajo To Anambra - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BeautifulMind2: 2:11pm On Jan 30, 2017
True life story of young entrepreneur who migrated from Lagos to Anambra

I graduated from Unizik, and served in Lagos at NAPIMS Bayo-kuku, Ikoyi office passed out 2011, for months in Lagos no job, I had to use the little savings I had then to rent a shop at Obalende, during my days in high institution I trained in hardware and software maintenance also phone repairing, I started my business in 2012 repairing phones and laptops, I was staying in one room apartment at Ikoyi, as a graduate my business package was quite different, I had many customers from Ikoyi especially those along Awolowo road, my customers then comes from Lakki, VI, unilag, ajah etc within short period I started selling accessories, although the shop size was small, most times customers will be much waiting for me to attend to their needs, within short while I started selling phones, I relocated to Ajah 2 bed room flat owned by Igbo man, driving from Ajah then became very stressful for me, I had to leave my house before 5am to Ikoyi close around 9:30pm, get home 11am or to 12, sometimes when I'm driving home I will be feeling wobbly in middle of heavy traffic, my business was performing well but I was stressing myself.
In my business premise, it was just four shops, our landlady she's Yoruba , I noticed one of my neighbors vacated from his shop, it was remaining three of us one norther and a Ghanian both are fashion designers , I approached my landlady and told her that I'm interested to rent the shop, she said no, that she can't give her two shops to Omo-Igbo, I was like I told her what matters is prompt payment, she refused, I was managing the small space for months the shop was still empty because of ridiculous price she placed, one faithful day she called me and asked me if I'm still interested I said yes, we negotiated the price I paid her, I used one side for repair and the second for sales, I employed an assistance, I package the shop installed AC and my business was doing well, what I now noticed was my landlady started keeping malice, when ever I greet her she doesn't respond, I called her son and complained to him, he assured me to speak with his mum, honestly I didn't know the reasons why she started showing malevolent towards me, I'm not owing her of any bills, one day she called me and asked me to remove the AC I installed, which I did, still yet she wasn't satisfy, I started noticing white substance in-front of my two shops, I always pray over it and start my business, I had accident twice with my car, the last incident that happened the car airbags pulled out, I don't know how she got the information, my neighbor heard her soliloquising, that I will know the kind of person she is, she tried all she could to hurt me but she didn't succeed, what she did was to give me quit-notice, I had to vacate her shops it was a very big challenge to get shop around, I had to relocate to Ajah Oke Ire kekere, the landlord asked me to pay for three years I pleaded with him to reduce the price to two yrs he insisted for three yrs rent, since I was desperate my option was limited, I had to pay, fixed the shop tire, paint etc. business there was very slow for days no sale and repair, because of Ajah holdup majority of my customers find it difficult to come to my new location, my major problem there became hoodlums, where I relocated to was shopping complex, one day thieves came to our complex bugled all shops up stair including my, stole my goods left no trace crossword clue grin grin although the case was reported to police, we had to implore company security, not up one month they revisited, could you imagine that those security men were not aware, we had to lock them up, my experience there was terrifying all I labored for went down, I had to go to Ajah market to search for my goods, since police can't do their work, I placed my faith in God's hand, I went there the first day I didn't succeed, the second day I noticed two stands, their show glasses was stocked with Etisalat wireless modems, and they look like my, still skeptical not just me that sale modem, I was convinced when I saw my price tags in two different locations, I told one of the boys let me use ATM, I had to involve the police, they came there arrested them and move them to Langbasa police station, they confessed one guy sold the items to them, from their confession we were able to arrest they culprit, the boy is from Osun a hardened criminal he refused to name his gang members,for days the guy refused to confess, police release those guys without my consent, I had to inform my friend that work with force headquarter Abuja, he linked me up to SAS Ikeja,they had to rearrest those guys and move the case to Ikeja, the boy confessed said they are three gang members and they used charm that made the security men to dozed off, we recovered some Items and they paid for those that we couldn't recover, my neighbors were reluctant I had to do it alone.

Before then I've been reading developments in Enugu and Anambra state threads I had no option than to think east,

Pics below how empty my business was in Ajah

6 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BeautifulMind2: 2:13pm On Jan 30, 2017
The hoodlums came through this window

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BiafranPrince: 2:23pm On Jan 30, 2017
At least this one made u think East, all the best brother as u begin to settle down, people dey make am here, market dey as long as u get market to sell, people go buy, and if u get service to render, they will come for you.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by Ogbuefi2020: 2:23pm On Jan 30, 2017
Your English is not good, but "who English epp"!!!. as long as you work hard and earn a decent living

5 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BeautifulMind2: 2:31pm On Jan 30, 2017
Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BeautifulMind2: 2:32pm On Jan 30, 2017
I didn't even stay up to 8months in my Ajah shop I had to relocate after the incident, I was scared of those criminals attacking me, I traveled to Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka and Enugu, I limited my choice to Awka, I saw a good location paid for it went back to Lagos to plan how to relocate, I had to move my furniture and fittings and other equipments to ABC haulage

Pics of few of my business items when received them

6 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 30, 2017
Good luck brother

Sorry I no fit read your post
Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by dplordx(m): 2:34pm On Jan 30, 2017
Very applaudable. It's a shame Charlie Boy who is yelling think home doesn't even have one tiny investment back in Imo state. We need more of this. God bless you bro.

16 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by SalamRushdie: 2:42pm On Jan 30, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:
Your English is not good, but "who English epp"!!!. as long as you work hard and earn a decent living

Your english is great yet you use a comma just before but. Just saying ooo

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by LecciGucci: 2:42pm On Jan 30, 2017
What a hard experience my but thank God u finally stood after going through all these.

But i will still point this out that yoruba people are too segregating... yes they discriminate a lot.
And thats vry bad.

I hav had some experiences where a yoruba man will prefar to tell a blatant lie just to take sides with his fellow yoruba man.. its a pity.

There was a time i went for job interview they people inteviewing us coulndt hide their bias callin all yorubas in a seperate room to advice them or somethin.... later iheard that most of d yorubas got d job. Even one dat didnt study anythin related to what we came for.

Yet some fools will tell me we are ONE NIGERIA
one nigeria my foot.

Its either biafra or niger delta republic.
ONLY PATIENCE AND TIME WILL TELL

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by SalamRushdie: 2:44pm On Jan 30, 2017
OP I pray your people apprciate your movement back home , i dont want to hear that you were also robbed there oo
Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by Ogbuefi2020: 2:47pm On Jan 30, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Your english is great yet you use a comma just before but. Just saying ooo
Lol, i no get your time oga

1 Like

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by Chiefobdk1: 2:50pm On Jan 30, 2017
You made a very wise decision. . .

I moved from lagos to Nnewi January 9 2016. . I dont regret. . My life is better. .

25 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by HIScraziness(m): 2:52pm On Jan 30, 2017
LecciGucci:
What a hard experience my but thank God u finally stood after going through all these.

But i will still point this out that yoruba people are too segregating... yes they discriminate a lot.
And thats vry bad.

I hav had some experiences where a yoruba man will prefar to tell a blatant lie just to take sides with his fellow yoruba man.. its a pity.

There was a time i went for job interview they people inteviewing us coulndt hide their bias callin all yorubas in a seperate room to advice them or somethin.... later iheard that most of d yorubas got d job. Even one dat didnt study anythin related to what we came for.

one nigeria my foot.

Igbos too discriminate. Yorubas are very nice too

16 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by Chiefobdk1: 2:54pm On Jan 30, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

Ndia enwee gi
Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by HtwoOw: 2:55pm On Jan 30, 2017
Wehdone

Lagos is too crowded by no man's land people anyways

Na joke I dey O.

Seriously grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BeautifulMind2: 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2017
Oyind17:
Good luck brother

Sorry I no fit read your post
Thanks!

Although I came home January 2015, because of my experience in Lag I had to buy 20ft porter cabin from construction firm for almost half a million refurbished it, I started my biz March 2015 and my business is even doing great more than when I was in Obalende, by Friday this week I will be opening my second line of business within Awka

This is the new look of my business in east

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by cheruv: 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2017
Asaba, Enugwu, Aba, Abakaleke, Owerre, Obigbo etc are some cool Igbo cities one can migrate to if you're planning to return East.
There's nothing like one Nigeria... Only a fool deceives himself with such a lazy concept cool

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BeautifulMind2: 3:01pm On Jan 30, 2017
More from Home base

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BeautifulMind2: 3:04pm On Jan 30, 2017
More

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 30, 2017
Lagos is too congested anyway. It is good you are thinking home. Hopefully more people will follow suit. Unfortunately up until this morning, hundreds of buses are still dropping people all over south west and returning back to the east almost empty, to bring in more people the following day.
That is the truth except somebody wants to tell lies or deceive him or herself.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 30, 2017
BeautifulMind2:

Thanks!

Although I came home January 2015, because of my experience in Lag I had to buy 20ft porter cabin from construction firm for almost half a million refurbished it, I started my biz March 2015 and my business is even doing great more than when I was in Obalende, by Friday this week I will be opening my second line of business within Awka

This is the new look of my business in east

Wow! No place like home

Thank God for your success

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by cheruv: 3:15pm On Jan 30, 2017
deji15:
Lagos is too congested anyway. It is good you are thinking home. Hopefully more people will follow suit. Unfortunately up until this morning, hundreds of buses are still dropping people all over south west and returning back to the east almost empty.
That is the truth except somebody wants to tell lies or deceive him or herself.
Lies to make yourself feel good cheesy

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BeautifulMind2: 3:17pm On Jan 30, 2017
My new line of business opening Friday this week

22 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by cassidy1996(m): 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2017
GOD is with you, (the thing wey dey pursue bird pickin they teach am how to fly so high)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by LecciGucci: 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2017
HIScraziness:

Igbos too discriminate. Yorubas are very nice too
Nahh for me ibos are better i have stayed in both regions for over 5 years.

An elderly ibo man can never ever support evil coz of sentiment!....

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by baby124: 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
Congrats on your business OP. Though I don't believe the part about Ikoyi

1 Like

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BeautifulMind2: 3:23pm On Jan 30, 2017
cassidy1996:
GOD is with you, (the thing wey dey pursue bird pickin they teach am how to fly so high)

Thanks bro

More from my second line of biz

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BeautifulMind2: 3:27pm On Jan 30, 2017
baby124:
Congrats on your business OP. Though I don't believe the part about Ikoyi

God is my witness

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by sEGXY2(m): 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2017
LecciGucci:

And thats vry bad.

one nigeria my foot.

Mr man don't make this one sided, Igbo s also discriminate and exhibit sentiments towards other tribes in their region, I ain't justifying it though

7 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BeautifulMind2: 3:31pm On Jan 30, 2017
More

15 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by nabiz(m): 3:38pm On Jan 30, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:
no you for get em time, over sabi man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Necessary Evil: Buhari Should Apologize To FCT Residents Over Name-Calling - PDP / Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested / Shippers Shun Lifting Nigeria’s Crude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.