Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,355 members, 7,850,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:57 PM

Non Confirmation Of Onnoghen As CJN; Expect Total Shutdown Awomolo Threatens FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Non Confirmation Of Onnoghen As CJN; Expect Total Shutdown Awomolo Threatens FG (2676 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Swears In Onnoghen As CJN (Photos) / Yemi Osinbajo Swears In Onnoghen As CJN / Adegboruwa Drags Buhari,Others To Court Over Non Confirmation Of Onnoghen As CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non Confirmation Of Onnoghen As CJN; Expect Total Shutdown Awomolo Threatens FG by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 30, 2017
I voted for PMB but I am not a Zombie that is why I will continue to ask this question: Is the PMB I voted for still in charge? Why is his government persistently creating dis-unity and crises? Why is the presidency finding it difficult to respect the constitution and the rule of law? The constitution and rule of law is supreme and it is a dangerous precedent when we allow the presidency to fragrantly rape the rule of law in the name of fighting corruption.

Were are the legal gurus like Professor Sagay

At the end of the day, we will not remember the excesses of the presidency but the deafening silence of men of goodwill!

2 Likes

Re: Non Confirmation Of Onnoghen As CJN; Expect Total Shutdown Awomolo Threatens FG by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 30, 2017
vedaxcool:
The foolish lawyer does not know how deep his foolishness runs. .. Lets assume the cjn is discovered to be a criminal does he expect any sane president to push forward such a criminal? My only qualms with PMB is that he has not made any position known on the matter .... if a screening is on going then we should be told so. Every fool who knows how to write hasten to write their inane banter. ... Thank goodness for site like NL that give fools a voice
Bros.......Because we supported Buhari does not implied we should foolishly support his wrong actions. There is separation of power in the three arms of government. Unfortunately the presidency is not respecting this rule. I hate to say this....You are making a fool of yourself

3 Likes

Re: Non Confirmation Of Onnoghen As CJN; Expect Total Shutdown Awomolo Threatens FG by Max24: 9:43pm On Jan 30, 2017
vedaxcool:
The foolish lawyer does not know how deep his foolishness runs. .. Lets assume the cjn is discovered to be a criminal does he expect any sane president to push forward such a criminal? My only qualms with PMB is that he has not made any position known on the matter .... if a screening is on going then we should be told so. Every fool who knows how to write hasten to write their inane banter. ... Thank goodness for site like NL that give fools a voice
Did u see what u just wrote? You need to go and receive sense. U said what if a cjn is discovered to be a criminal - what happens. Do u know d meaning of a criminal? Do u think d judges allegedly arrested for undisclosed sums are necessarily criminals? Obviously, u don't know what u are saying. Someone who had probably spent more than 30 years in d judiciary is a criminal. Even if he is a criminal who rules over his criminality - President ? Can d President be d accuser and judge at d same time? So what happens if The Head of Legislature is a criminal according to d Pres ? Can he remove him without recourse to d judiciary? Please, always use ur sense. On the flip side, can d judiciary unilaterally remove the Pres if he is found to be a criminal? Or do u really think PMB is less corrupt than Onnoghen ,?Please, apply ur common sense to these. The Pres should not destroy d judiciary with politics as being done to DSS, police and lately customs.

3 Likes

Re: Non Confirmation Of Onnoghen As CJN; Expect Total Shutdown Awomolo Threatens FG by freeze001(f): 9:49pm On Jan 30, 2017
UnknownT:
I read that once his 3 months expire, he can't be appointed again even as a substantive CJN. I don't know why this government loves courting controversy so much? Why the acting position in the first time. This government is very insincere

He cannot be reappointed in Acting capacity but his recommendation as substantive CJN already stands, having functioned in acting capacity will not preclude him from occupying the position of substantive CJN
Re: Non Confirmation Of Onnoghen As CJN; Expect Total Shutdown Awomolo Threatens FG by OAUTemitayo: 10:56pm On Jan 30, 2017
Buhari's penchant for unnecessary tension and crisis is annoying. What stops him from sending the name of the man to Senate for confirmation? is it because he is not a northerner? Buhari will split this country himself. IPOB should stop protesting, let Buhari do the job himself. What a reckless bigot this President is!

1 Like

Re: Non Confirmation Of Onnoghen As CJN; Expect Total Shutdown Awomolo Threatens FG by petrov10: 11:29pm On Jan 30, 2017
seunmsg:
One thing is now very clear, the president doesn't want Onnoghen as the chief justice of Nigeria and it's really unfortunate. This is one battle he can never win. He will only end up creating unnecessary crisis and bad precedent in the judiciary. Those around the president should better advice him appropriately.

I hope those good for nothing senators from the south are also observing quietly the politics that is playing out over the CJN position. If somehow, the name of a northerner is sent to the senate for confirmation, the entire south will be counting on them to do the needful. What is playing out is north vs south politics and nothing else. The south will be damned if our senators refuse to act appropriately.

Kudos to Awomolo, another omoluabi standing up for justice and equity.
what's going on here?
make I ep u notifu mynd44 say dem hack ur acct? shocked
Re: Non Confirmation Of Onnoghen As CJN; Expect Total Shutdown Awomolo Threatens FG by seunmsg(m): 7:14am On Jan 31, 2017
petrov10:
what's going on here?
make I ep u notifu mynd44 say dem hack ur acct? shocked

I still have full control of my account, thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Massive NO ELECTION Campaign Kicks Off In Anambra (video) / Breaking: Dino Mobbed, Chased Out Of Kabba / #osundecides2018: INEC Formally Announces Results — LIVE-UPDATES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.