Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Yam Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Yam Business (4719 Views)

Introduction To Yam Business/agriculture Business / Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam / Let's Talk Yam Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yam Business by poksmahn(m): 8:05pm On Jan 30, 2017
Sup guys, i overheard someone telling someone about the business of buying yams from benue state and bringing it down to ph.

my friends and i are interested in this line of business and we'll be grateful if good people of nairaland can explain how its possible without having to travel all the way there.
Re: Yam Business by DTOBS(m): 8:18pm On Jan 30, 2017
poksmahn:
Sup guys, i overheard someone telling someone about the business of buying yams from benue state and bringing it down to ph.

my friends and i are interested in this line of business and we'll be grateful if good people of nairaland can explain how its possible without having to travel all the way there.
Am currently in Benue (serving there tho)
I know much about the yam biz (might not be that much sha but at least to make profit)
If you think we can work together, let me know!
Re: Yam Business by Sunnymatey(m): 8:21pm On Jan 30, 2017
I can be the middle man i.e sent ur driver with cash to pick them up or hw will u want it done. l supply per 100 tubers. check ma signature for contact.
Re: Yam Business by poksmahn(m): 8:48pm On Jan 30, 2017
DTOBS:

I know much about the yam biz (might not be that much sha but at least to make profit)
drop ur contact lets discuss
Re: Yam Business by poksmahn(m): 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2017
Sunnymatey:
I can be the middle man i.e sent ur driver with cash to pick them up or hw will u want it done. l supply per 100 tubers. check ma signature for contact.
i'll hit u up shortly
Re: Yam Business by pillarmaria(m): 10:19pm On Jan 30, 2017
This is wonderful..... I am just about sending yams to ph, I hope to buy and send the yams tomorrow via a lorry heading to Trans Amadi, Rivoc around Slaughter market.

I am based in Ihugh, Vandeikya LGA, here in Benue state.
You could hit me up via whatsapp on 07039818451, or call me on 08184020638.

Yams are relatively cheap now, but as we head towards march, the price will definitely increase.
Re: Yam Business by xolocious(m): 11:30pm On Jan 30, 2017
pillarmaria:
This is wonderful..... I am just about sending yams to ph, I hope to buy and send the yams tomorrow via a lorry heading to Trans Amadi, Rivoc around Slaughter market.

Yams are relatively cheap now, but as we head towards march, the price will definitely increase.

what's the current price of yam?
Re: Yam Business by pillarmaria(m): 6:03am On Jan 31, 2017
xolocious:

what's the current price of yam?
No fixed price....it depends on your bargaining strength and the size of the tubers.

The least you could get 10 tubers of the small sizes is #1200, but it becomes cheaper when you buy directly from the local farmers.
Re: Yam Business by henrimoto(m): 7:21am On Jan 31, 2017
@poksmahn, is it any type of yam that sells in your Area in PH ?
What's your contact no. ,let's talk.
Re: Yam Business by xolocious(m): 7:45am On Jan 31, 2017
pillarmaria:

No fixed price....it depends on your bargaining strength and the size of the tubers.

The least you could get 10 tubers of the small sizes is #1200, but it becomes cheaper when you buy directly from the local farmers.

Where can I get or meet the local farmers and how much do you presume bigger yams will cost especially for those buying in large quantities...
Re: Yam Business by henrimoto(m): 8:04am On Jan 31, 2017
xolocious:

Where can I get or meet the local farmers and how much do you presume bigger yams will cost especially for those buying in large quantities...
@xolocious, are you watsapp ? which of the states do you reside in? Let's have a chat.
Re: Yam Business by xolocious(m): 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2017
henrimoto:
@xolocious, are you watsapp ? which of the states do you reside in? Let's have a chat.

yes I'm on whatsapp...
Re: Yam Business by DTOBS(m): 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2017
poksmahn:
drop ur contact lets discuss
+2348062957916
Re: Yam Business by pillarmaria(m): 3:15pm On Jan 31, 2017
xolocious:

Bigger yams could cost as much as #30,000 per 100.
you could meet the local farmers very early in the morning when you get to the market
Re: Yam Business by xolocious(m): 3:28pm On Jan 31, 2017
pillarmaria:

Bigger yams could cost as much as #30,000 per 100.
you could meet the local farmers very early in the morning when you get to the market
is it on daily basis and apart from yam, what other agricultural products can I get at that region(great value and price)
Re: Yam Business by poksmahn(m): 3:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
henrimoto:
@poksmahn, is it any type of yam that sells in your Area in PH ?

What's your contact no. ,let's talk.
Re: Yam Business by pillarmaria(m): 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2017
xolocious:

is it on daily basis and apart from yam, what other agricultural products can I get at that region(great value and price)
Think of any kind of cash crop.
but chat me up if you need me to supply you yams from Benue to port Harcourt. 07039818451
Re: Yam Business by olorogundafe(m): 1:09pm On Nov 07, 2017
Please reach me on whatsapp: 08148765643.
DTOBS:

Re: Yam Business by bamboke(f): 10:15am On Nov 18, 2017
Greetings. I hope it's not late to ask about yam business again. I would appreciate to know the current price of yam from farmers in Benue. When is it best to buy. I am based in Lagos. What is the transport cost all the way down too? Thank you.
Re: Yam Business by hoyze24: 11:38am On Nov 18, 2017
bamboke:
Greetings. I hope it's not late to ask about yam business again. I would appreciate to know the current price of yam from farmers in Benue. When is it best to buy. I am based in Lagos. What is the transport cost all the way down too? Thank you.
Hmm! If you're planning to sell in mile12, learnt there's been glut in market recently and that has forced down prices. I would assume you've done your research well on where to sell and the preferred varieties in your area. Concerning prices, it varies with varieties. So, always beware when someone gives you a generic price for sizes or you could ask the variety.

1 Like

Re: Yam Business by folawuyi001: 1:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
Chicken egg in progress
Re: Yam Business by folawuyi001: 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
Good
Re: Yam Business by djgreenland(m): 11:57pm On Dec 26, 2017
DTOBS:

Where are you serving?
Re: Yam Business by djgreenland(m): 11:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
pillarmaria:

Mani, I am in Ihugh now, can we see tomorrow?
Re: Yam Business by pillarmaria(m): 12:39pm On Dec 28, 2017
djgreenland:
Mani, I am in Ihugh now, can we see tomorrow?

call me on 07039818451 I am staying at Ihugh roundabout
Re: Yam Business by DenreleDave(m): 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2019
hoyze24:

Hmm! If you're planning to sell in mile12, learnt there's been glut in market recently and that has forced down prices. I would assume you've done your research well on where to sell and the preferred varieties in your area. Concerning prices, it varies with varieties. So, always beware when someone gives you a generic price for sizes or you could ask the variety.

Someone from mile 12 There needed too and he contacted me recently

(1) (Reply)

Palm Oil Machine Production And Palm Oil Mill For Sale In Malaysia,indonisia / Help Repair My Leaking Geepee Tank / Broiler. Poultry Meat For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.