Stats: 3,150,762 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue (39259 Views)

Polaris Bank Network Failures And The Silence Of CBN / What Is Happening To Fidelity Bank Network / UBA Bank Network Problem, Anybody?? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by dresiri(m): 12:13pm On Jan 31, 2017
Friday was terrible. But network returned by Saturday. I was able to withdraw using the ATM, and I also made transfers using the mobile app yesterday and today.
I do not think its as bad as you make it out to be, though.

Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by priestchurch(m): 12:40pm On Jan 31, 2017
Reporting from Zenith Bank Otukpo Branch, Benue State. Same issue customers are frustrated the bank staff re feeling less concerned.
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by metallisc(m): 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
ammyluv2002:
Mehn, Zenith bank killed me last friday! I couldn't do anything...Just had 200nr with me when the madness started. Rushed to the bank, but couldn't use the atm or withdraw over the counter. I had to stay the whole weekend with just 200nr...I nearly ran mad! #Sofrustrating

chai! babe you for tell me now! would have sorted you out in a twinkle! cool kpele o! so how far now?
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by Zelex9(m): 12:45pm On Jan 31, 2017
You see I understand these things do happen and that does not anger me but what I find appalling was the lack of communication. I had made a payment to my Zenith account via a money transfer agency last Wednesday from the UK and since I've tried contacting Zenith Direct etc. My account officer was at least trying to helpful but until now (received an alert one hour ago), no e-mail or any form of contact to explain the situation to me. What if the transfer I made was vital (a matter of life or death), at least if I had understood the situation I could have made alternative arrangements. Very disappointing indeed.
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by ammyluv2002(f): 1:20pm On Jan 31, 2017
metallisc:

chai! babe you for tell me now! would have sorted you out in a twinkle! cool kpele o! so how far now?
Lol...If i hear! grin grin
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 31, 2017
AngelicBeing:
These are some of the reasons that l suggested that Nigeria should be auctioned on e-bay and sold to either the g-7 industrialized nation or to UK or any European nation that is willing to buy,Lets not deceive ourselves, this entity called Nigeria is not working, the earlier we realize this the better for us, tell me one basic thing the masses are enjoying at the moment, you put your money in the bank, to withdraw it is another problem.
Someone said that if you want to see how HELL looks like, go and live in Nigeria , l agree, this union is not working, since 1960 after our colonial masters left, Nigeria has never been able to get it right, the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer, suffering and smiling , looting, corruption, ineptitude, injustice, kidnapping and the like, it has been from one crisis to the other, what a country, it is better to be a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th class citizen in the West or a country where things are working than remain in this zoo called Nigeria, Nonsense angry angry sad sad
Shebi all of this is because Zenith bank has network problem. Kontinu. you think you are doing me

Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by metallisc(m): 1:23pm On Jan 31, 2017
ammyluv2002:
Lol...If i hear! grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin our fine babes no suppose dey suffer too much you know!
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by frankwalker(m): 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2017
Banks will steal from you.. Network Providers will steal from you.. PHCN will steal from you.. Politicians will steal from you.. Nigeria! angry
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by InvertedHammer: 1:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
/
The sad reality is that your money is only safe in your hands.

But the fear of thieves and armed robbers is enough to force folks to secure their money in the bank. Once the money leaves your hands, the only thing you can bank on is trust -- the belief that the custodian will fulfill his/her obligated side of the bargain.

Money in the bank can be accessed if every other factor is in place. Otherwise, like MMM like banks. If you think NDIC means anything, wait until a bank crashes. Your great grand children may be the ones to get your deposit back.

The depressing part is that there are no other alternatives with less risks.
\
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by emsco(m): 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2017
Seun:
So that's why we couldn't buy airtime over the weekend. Scary.
first time i will see you comment on a topic
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by 2cute(m): 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2017
Should we still trust Zenith Bank with all this wahala they've put one true? They'd normally send a mail or text in the past. That they kept it from the public this time around is a big reason to suspect they are distressed or what do we make of it? And if Zenith bank of all banks is distressed, what's then the fate of others? #goingbacktomudbankdays.
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by nlanded: 2:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
I withdrew from a Zenith bank ATM on saturday so I don't think the OP's issue affected everyone.

I entered Zenith bank yesterday being monday to withdraw over the counter, it was full and looked like they were paying just few cause the queue remained same after checking back later and their ATMs weren't paying too, I went there to use their ATM because I didn't wanna hear stories of "wait for two weeks" as a result of another bank ATM debitting me without paying me. But I however used FCMB ATM and I got paid, I tried about two ATMs there before I got paid though. I saw the ATM bounce another Zenith ATM card holder there though, I didn't even realise Zenith Bank were having issues. I think the whole thing isn't really a planned thing, it should be caused by some technical glitch.
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by Tyche(m): 2:38pm On Jan 31, 2017
silastemplar:
Shebi all of this is because Zenith bank has network problem. Kontinu. you think you are doing me

You dry mind the mumu.
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by AngelicBeing: 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2017
silastemplar:

Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by AngelicBeing: 2:54pm On Jan 31, 2017
InvertedHammer:
/
The sad reality is that your money is only safe in your hands.

But the fear of thieves and armed robbers is enough to force folks to secure their money in the bank. Once the money leaves your hands, the only thing you can bank on is trust -- the belief that the custodian will fulfill his/her obligated side of the bargain.

Money in the bank can be accessed if every other factor is in place. Otherwise, like MMM like banks. If you think NDIC means anything, wait until a bank crashes. Your great grand children may be the ones to get your deposit back.

The depressing part is that there are no other alternatives with less risks.
\
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by gayman99: 3:02pm On Jan 31, 2017
debbie:
Please forget that,down-time since friday? undecided undecided undecided common thats an excuse.before you forget there is an internal crisis brewing....Go and ask their staff.I get you but patience is not what we need now.People need their money to sort things out and not patience.

The simple truth is that they have liquidity issue. More banks will soon be exposed before the second quater of the year.

You only need to study the trends and the rate at which deceptive adverts are been churned out.

Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by aalangel(f): 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2017
Why should I ever bank with Zenith?
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by ststyreal(f): 3:38pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ñ
Majestee:
the situation is worse here in abj,as matter of fact,they made me part with #500(a whole 1dollar)just for nothing
The money I transferred since Friday is still hanging.
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by IecheM(m): 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2017
That was how I entered zenith bank to pay my school fee, they said no network I entered first bank they also said no network that I should come back later I came back later they said thesame thing I was just frustrated. Thank God my mum knew somebody in the bank I just left the money with him and later collected my receipt from him.

Something really need to be done about these bank issues
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 31, 2017
Zenith living on past glory!!!Diamond rocks abeg!!!
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 31, 2017
Where is the op based? I made a withdrawal yesterday evening, and I made another an hour ago
atm. No hassle. I made two transfers last night. No hassle there either.

Is the op posting from Lagos?
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 31, 2017
The handwriting on the wall is clear but sadly not everyone can read but only those to whom it has been given.

Don't bother understanding this because no matter how hard you try, you can never understand.
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by Odunharry(m): 9:21pm On Jan 31, 2017
gayman99:

The simple truth is that they have liquidity issue. More banks will soon be exposed before the second quater of the year.

You only need to study the trends and the rate at which deceptive adverts are been churned out.
U must be the CEO/MD to know this..
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by awesomeJ(m): 10:49pm On Jan 31, 2017
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by awesomeJ(m): 10:57pm On Jan 31, 2017
ststyreal:
Ñ
The money I transferred since Friday is still hanging.
I also did a transfer to my zenith account since Saturday. it's yet to reflect too. could it be due to their network? What are you doing about it?
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by gayman99: 12:12am On Feb 01, 2017
Odunharry:

U must be the CEO/MD to know this..

Sorry. I dont need to be the CEO to know this. I have alot of experience in banking , virtually in every sector of a Nigerian bank. I am priviledge to have access to some info and attend some perfomance review meetings.

Thank you.
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by ststyreal(f): 9:14am On Feb 01, 2017
awesomeJ:

I also did a transfer to my zenith account since Saturday. it's yet to reflect too. could it be due to their network? What are you doing about it?
I asked them to check my account balance on Tuesday morning when I went to the bank again, just to be sure, only for the lady to check and said the money isn't in my account which means the transaction wasn't successful and that the money will revert to the initiator account. So am still waiting for the money to revert to the U.B.A account via which the money was transferred from. I have also written to U.B.A and they replied that they will get back to me on or before 14th of this month, naim I dey so oooo.
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by awesomeJ(m): 10:02am On Feb 01, 2017
ststyreal:

I asked them to check my account balance on Tuesday morning when I went to the bank again, just to be sure, only for the lady to check and said the money isn't in my account which means the transaction wasn't successful and that the money will revert to the initiator account. So am still waiting for the money to revert to the U.B.A account via which the money was transferred from. I have also written to U.B.A and they replied that they will get back to me on or before 14th of this month, naim I dey so oooo.
OK Thanks.
Re: Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue by laudate: 12:47pm On Feb 01, 2017
mantosa:
Not entirely correct. I bank with Zenith, yes on Friday their network was down which was communicated through their push Notification on their app.

By Saturday it was back on. As a matter if fact, I withdrew from a Skye bank ATM yesterday.

You must be one of the very few lucky ones. undecided I was at Zenith in Lekki area through out yesterday from 11 a.m to 5 p.m. and nothing could be down. This is a bank that declares millions as profits and yet cannot be bothered to install back-up links or redundancy networks that their branches can fall back on during operations, when their primary network links are down. Zenith should continue with their fake stories. sad Am closing down my account with them, once the branch network comes up.

haon:
I think what happens is dt dia data center is down and with such, transaction will not be possible. from my point of view it wasn't delebrate. do u know how much money in millions they wud av lost over the last four to five days? pls, be patient with them. I'm not a zenith bank staff,neither do I av acct with them. just from my own experience as a DC engineer

Did their customers not lose money also, due to the challenges they encountered at the bank? shocked Will Zenith compensate its customers for lost time, lost transactions and lost business opportunities they suffered due to their inability to transact business via their Zenith accounts? Just asking! sad

List of Logistics Companies For use within Nigeria. / Ex-bankers: How Is Life Outside Banking? / Amouna And Hauwa Indimi Graduate From Lynn University, Florida, USA.