Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. (28952 Views)

Is It A Sin For Guy To Wear Fitted Shirts And Skinny Trousers? / Is It Sin For A Christain To Buy From A Non-practising Christain On The Sabbath? / Christain To Muslim Marriage.... Wats Ur Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by globalwonda: 12:51pm On Dec 02, 2009
I jst wnt 2 knw if it is a sin for a Born_again believer in a uni. of abt 20+ to fall in luv and date girl cos i am, and wen al these 'holier than thou' christain see me reading christain books on dating, and mingling, d impresion on dier face wil say,' so dis bro. has backsliden totaly'.Plz i nid ur views. wink
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by Spyker: 2:23pm On Dec 02, 2009
It is not wrong to date a girl the Christian way, but what it means is that you avoid places and things that will cause you to sin. It means no sex until marriage. Even the thought of sex means that you have committed a sin. But if you must date a girl, be sincere to her, tell her no sex and make her understand you truly love her but would want the relationship not to involve sexual intercourse.
I dated many girls as a Christian but sometimes they agree only to end up cheating on me. From experience, i realized that if a girl even agrees to date you, that means she has made up her mind to go all the way (that includes to have sex with you). I may be wrong anyway but prepare for the worst on the no sex policy. If you don't want to be tempted, do not date until you are ready for marriage.
Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2009
@ poster, Dating is not found in the bible but even if you will date a girl date a born again girl. If not, she can draw you back from the Lord.

But it is better to make friend with the girl first to know her character.

I am also like you, I love a girl in my church, we are both church worker. when I told her that I love her, she said ''dont say that to me again'' despite the fact that we are friends.
Later I heard in a youth programme that as a born again chriatain, you dont have to tell a girl that you love her,. take her as you sister and show to her only the kind of love you can show to your blood sister. then she will know surely that you really love her.

You can go on to date you girl, but be very careful and let your dating glorify God and ask God for guildiance.

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by lightwalk(m): 5:47pm On Dec 02, 2009
Heeeeei!! What's this kind of topic doing here. Moderator do something.
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by bigafees: 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2009
What kind of posting is this? This is programmer's unit
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by NSoul: 7:53pm On Dec 03, 2009
I don't think there's yet a moderator for the programming section,
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by malone5923(m): 12:50am On Dec 04, 2009
When did the word programming turn into religion and romance? Is stupidity a side effect for a born again christain?
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by NTONIFOR: 11:33am On Dec 05, 2009
I think it is better to stay till maraige but my fear is that girl who will just accept u without trying to know more about u.
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by xtraodinaire: 11:20am On Dec 11, 2009
, must all u fanatics shell ur disgustin issues everywhere?? pls dis place is for programmers not for 'christian lovers', get it?? now moderator pls delete dis freak's post i beg,
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 15, 2009
malone5923:

When did the word programming turn into religion and romance? Is stupidity a side effect for a born again christain?

please dont use abusive words here, the boy might not know because he is a new commer. the best is to report to the moderator
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by ADUNOKIKI(f): 8:21pm On Dec 16, 2009
My dear friend, i understand what you are trying to say, i had an apostiolc faith background, for many years after i spent close to 5yrs at deeper life. Well i guess you are a deeper life member, if you fall in love, what is stoping you, love is in the bible, but pls dont furnicate. I am a lady so i understand you better. pls love your lady with all your heart.
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by AKO1(m): 9:12pm On Dec 16, 2009
global_wonda:

I jst wnt 2 knw if it is a sin for a Born_again believer in a uni. of abt 20+ to fall in luv and date girl cos i am, and wen al these 'holier than thou' christain see me reading christain books on dating, and mingling, d impresion on dier face wil say,' so dis bro. has backsliden totaly'.Plz i nid your views. wink

In my opinion, christian dating is fundamentally not a sin. However, the motive is crucial.

Are you doing 'trial and error', seeing if this one will work out or if she is the best for you? That is the popular version of dating and in my opinion is not God's perfect will.

Secondly, christian dating should be with the ultimate aim to be married. Before you date someone, ask yourself "is this someone I can actually marry?" Personally, there are relationships I have refused to get into because the answer to this question was no.

So in my opinion, christian dating should = courtship. You are quite young and what I know is that successful marriage comes with a certain level of spiritual, physical and emotional maturity. You must honestly assess yourself and judge if you are mature enough to begin to consider marriage. You are not too young; I know a couple of young successful couples, but it is a very thin thread to tread I must tell you.

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by davido4real: 6:10pm On May 18, 2013
Firstly,according to the scripture is not Good for a child of God,if u read colosian 3vs 2,roman 8 vs 13,mathew 5 vs 28,galatian 5 vs 19.you wil is not Good,if you do it when you suppose not to do it,it is a sin wait until your wedding day and waith upon the LORD and it shall be well with you, isaiah 40 vs 31.

Secondly,NO way u can date a Girl you wil to satan(devil) because it serves as tools for devil,one day the girl wil come and visit u,sitting on ur bed or bench or any other sitting material, and remember ur FLESH,before u know anything you will have fall wil the lady(leviticus 17 vs 11) it is better for you to wait for your time till ur WEDDING DAY.

THIRLDLY,behold no christian can avoid temptation mathew 4,jesus was tempted no child of God can avoid, DATING is one of the seductive tools that devil use to tempted a christian. My friends ,brothers sisters, remember 1 peter 5 vs 9-10. A o ni sise AMEN
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by davido4real: 6:33pm On May 18, 2013
Firstly,according to the scripture is not Good for a child of God,if u read colosian 3vs 2,roman 8 vs 13,mathew 5 vs 28,galatian 5 vs 19.you wil see that is not Good for a child of GOD,if you do it when you suppose not to do it,it is a sin,wait until your wedding day and wait upon the LORD and it shall be well with you, isaiah 40 vs 31.

Secondly,NO way u can date a Girl you wil have sex with her,because it serves as tools for devil,one day the girl wil come and visit u,sitting on ur bed or bench or any other sitting material nd ur mind will be thinking of another things, and remember ur FLESH,before u know anything you will have fall wil the lady(leviticus 17 vs 11) it is better for you to wait for your TIME.

THIRLDLY,behold no christian can avoid temptation,in mathew 4,jesus was tempted,no child of God can avoid it,DATING is one of the seductive tools that devil use to tempted a christian. My friends ,brothers sisters, remember 1peter 5vs9-10. A o ni sise AMEN.
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by kambo(m): 2:09am On May 19, 2013
davido4real: Firstly,according to the scripture is not Good for a child of God,if u read colosian 3vs 2,roman 8 vs 13,mathew 5 vs 28,galatian 5 vs 19.you wil see that is not Good for a child of GOD,if you do it when you suppose not to do it,it is a sin,wait until your wedding day and wait upon the LORD and it shall be well with you, isaiah 40 vs 31.

Secondly,NO way u can date a Girl you wil have sex with her,because it serves as tools for devil,one day the girl wil come and visit u,sitting on ur bed or bench or any other sitting material nd ur mind will be thinking of another things, and remember ur FLESH,before u know anything you will have fall wil the lady(leviticus 17 vs 11) it is better for you to wait for your TIME.

THIRLDLY,behold no christian can avoid temptation,in mathew 4,jesus was tempted,no child of God can avoid it,DATING is one of the seductive tools that devil use to tempted a christian. My friends ,brothers sisters, remember 1peter 5vs9-10. A o ni sise AMEN.

anoda bunch of nonsense by a broda.
Ppl talk as sex is totally uncontrollable.
Do d cloths just com of, den fonction strts? Its a premeditated ,
planned and agreed act.
No woman who has consensual se,x dd by suprise.
And d no sx thng is overhyped- many claim 2 date wout sx but they engaged in pre-intimacy went 99 percnt of d way, substituted c.oitus for bj - ar as wise as street pimps and prostitutes and so on....
A man can dcde of himself 2 exercse self control . No one outside of usg frce can make u hav se,x without ur consent.
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by tpia5: 2:55am On May 19, 2013
global_wonda: I jst wnt 2 knw if it is a sin for a Born_again believer in a uni. of abt 20+ to fall in luv and date girl cos i am, and wen al these 'holier than thou' christain see me reading christain books on dating, and mingling, d impresion on dier face wil say,' so dis bro. has backsliden totaly'.Plz i nid ur views. wink

hope you decided to face your books!
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 11, 2013
First, the word dating neither has a direct nor indirect expression in the Holy Scriptures. The scriptural concept that has some resemblance to dating is the word that describes the nature of the relationship which existed between Virgin Mary and Joseph the Carpenter before she was found with a child. The concept/word is: Espousal (From the root word ''spouse''). A Christian may be espoused to someone of the opposite sex. This is different from dating in that, for any two young adult of opposite sexes to be espoused the family of both parties must be involved, and there is hardly a going back on it unlike dating. Additionally, the parties in issue are not allowed any liberty as to associating with each other outside the circumfrence set by the girls family, which in most cases is around her father's house. Such is not the case with dating. Dating, semantically, connotes the fixing of a specific date, which in this case is a date on which the boy and girl would spend some time together, perhap secluded from familiar faces. Ordinarily, there do not seem to be any problem with dating as a christian, however, it becomes too dangerous a game for any true child of God because of the high risk of temptation it potends. Moreover, most campus relationships don't result in marriage; so why the waste of time, emotion, finance and crativity. While an undergraduate, it is more beneficial to devote your precious time to excellence: academic, financial and even spiritual. The older we grow the more objective we are likely to become and the less likely we would make a wrong choice.
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by Aaronwiz(m): 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2013
I must confess i av really got alot reading tro thos post.. Wt i want to add is dt, befor u consider dating as a christian ( if dts wt u call it) u must first ask yourself, wt u stan to gain frm d relation, (2) always begin wif the end in mind. U nid to consider d end result of the relationship, ( 3) ur motives
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by rabbinisha: 8:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
Spyker: It is not wrong to date a girl the Christian way, but what it means is that you avoid places and things that will cause you to sin. It means no sex until marriage. Even the thought of sex means that you have committed a sin. But if you must date a girl, be sincere to her, tell her no sex and make her understand you truly love her but would want the relationship not to involve sexual intercourse.
I dated many girls as a Christian but sometimes they agree only to end up cheating on me. From experience, i realized that if a girl even agrees to date you, that means she has made up her mind to go all the way (that includes to have sex with you). I may be wrong anyway but prepare for the worst on the no sex policy. If you don't want to be tempted, do not date until you are ready for marriage.
Goodluck
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by rabbinisha: 8:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
hi spyker exactly you have told him wat i exactly was going to say.
Re: It Is A Sin For A Born_again Christain To Fall In Love & Date A Girl. by enamuer1(m): 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2019
a Christian really needs prayer and study the word of God to know d will of God

(1) (Reply)

Kumuyi Dedicates Bayelsa State New Governor's Office (photos) / Things Aren’t Fine, We Need Your Forgiveness - Happie Boiz Beg Apostle Chinyere / Video Moment Of Pastor Adeboye Discarding Prophecies On Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.