Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,529 members, 7,770,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:52 AM

The Best Love Story Ever Told By Braineypraisey - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Best Love Story Ever Told By Braineypraisey (905 Views)

Most Romantic Story Ever / Most Torching Story Ever / "The Love Triangle" - A Short Christian Love Story By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Love Story Ever Told By Braineypraisey by braineypraisey(f): 10:55am On Feb 01, 2017
THE BEST LOVE STORY EVER TOLD
He was a wealthy farmer’s son and his dream was to take over his father’s farm one day. He had no intentions of going to the university, he only wanted to graduate high school and help out in the farm just like his father did too. He tried hard day and night to please his parents and earn their trust. She was a girl from a foreign land and she sought for work at the farm to fund her education. He fell in love with her the first day he saw her but he knew she could never be his; she was from a different ethnic and a mere worker, his family would never approve. He tried so hard to suppress his feelings but they would not be hidden so, he thought to himself if he could make her hate him, if he could stop her from smiling at him, then he would be fine. He would treat her harshly and say hurtful things, make her weep and weep but deep down he hurt more. Everyone knew them as the foes of foes but she would always try to extend the peace treaty. It went on and on for months until one day when he heard her say something to his sister, something that shattered his heart.
“I know I shouldn’t hate but I can’t help it. Sometimes I wish he would go somewhere far away” She said riding the donkey. To him, he believed she was right. He needed to go somewhere far away; a place where he wouldn’t be able to see her face or hear her voice, a place he wouldn’t be able to secretly watch her chase after the birds. A place he could be free from her love spell so that night he packed up and left. All the way across the country, to the busiest college with the strictest teachers, he went and never looked back. He studied so hard and kept her off his mind but even with the most overwhelming work, he never forgot. He still dreamt of her and would lay awake in the dead of the night thinking of her.
A year passed and he returned home but the home he returned to was not the one he left behind, it was so full of gloom and dryness. No one fought neither did any play, he asked why but it appeared it had been that way since he left. He was warmly welcomed with a party but the presence of the one his heart longed for failed, he waited all night but he never saw her. They said since the day he left, she had become busy with school and had little time for the farm. So day after day, night after night, he would tirelessly wait for the day he would see her. Then on one fateful night, their paths finally crossed on the way to the stables. After seeing her for the first time again in a long time, he realized how much he had missed her and his suppressed feelings for her aroused.
“Hey” She said hardly with a smile keeping her boundaries. She then walked off without another word but he had expected something much different, a chance for a fight if not a smile but she had become so different and obviously had no time for him, then he regretted deeply ever leaving.
“She got a scholarship and she leaves for Berlin tomorrow” He heard from an old lady and his nerves grasped in fright. The fear of not seeing her ever again gripped him so much he couldn’t bear the pain. What would his poor heart do once she was gone? He didn’t think it could make it and again he regretted ever leaving. If only he had stayed, then he would have had more time, a whole year to see her face. He stayed in bed the whole of the next day, he couldn’t say good bye and neither could he hold her back, he just lay awake till night fall when the farm would have been void of her.
Life without her was meaningless, two days had it been but it felt like a thousand. He would sleep all morning and mope around all noon. His sunken countenance since his return no one could pretend and his mother was brought to worry. They all sought to prescribe what could make a man so frail and faint but only an old woman knew it so well
“His symptoms are of only one sickness” She called it love, he was love sick.
“Are you in love my son?” His mother asked as he wearily lay on the couch. He exhaled and then looked at her with a hopeless glare
“Yes mother, I’m in love” He admitted and walked away leaving her to assemble the puzzle to the last piece. He stood outside in the moonlight parading around the gate hoping the wind could carry him to where she was. Just then he saw a taxi drop someone off and his heart sprang but he couldn’t explain why. It was dark but he could never be mistaken, it was her.
“I thought you left” He asked with a quivering voice
“No, I never left. Changed my mind last minute” She said. He had been suffering in loneness all by himself when she was right there all along, it never occurred to confirm. She gave a shabby smile and then marched on to her room but he had so much to say, so many things he had promised himself to say if he ever saw her again, he couldn’t let that moment pass by without telling her how he truly felt.
“Wait” He chased after and stopped her at her door and she was caught off guard, he had never called her back.
“There’s something I need to say and if I don’t say it now, I would regret it for the rest of my life and live as I have for the past two days.”
“I love you, I’ve always have, from the very first day you walked into this farm. But I was a coward so I ran away from it, I even left far away trying to fight it but I just couldn’t get you off my mind. These past two days have been the worst days of my life because I thought you had left. I don’t want to run away anymore and neither do I have the wish to fight it any longer, I just want to face my fears and love you” He professed and the tears running down her face was evident; it was love all these while, not hate. What heart wouldn’t melt at such words especially when it shared the same feelings?
Re: The Best Love Story Ever Told By Braineypraisey by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2017
Wow! This is beautiful, Kiye. I love this! So engaging. Remember me? I'm your number one fan.

(1) (Reply)

Important Notification For All / The Chronicles Of Azuka, A Story Series / I Need Help To Find This Nigerian Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.