Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer (35364 Views)

Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? / Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less / 9 Jobs You Can Do While Waiting For Your NYSC Posting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by Arewa12: 5:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
Great rewrite up

1 Like

Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by ejikesbm: 5:21pm On Feb 01, 2017
i realy appreciate u my guy.the most resourceful content i hv ever seen online

1 Like

Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by viktor01(m): 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2017
[s]Why is robbery not in the list? your list is not complete grin grin[/s]

1 Like

Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by sirusX(m): 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2017
A very good advise I must say. Make the best of every opportunity you find yourself
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by biblia1: 5:35pm On Feb 01, 2017
[quote author=ideology post=53318891]The road to career fulfillment as a graduate is different for many. We may have big dreams, but things may not pan out the way we want them. For those who find themselves on the receiving end of reality, no hope is lost.
Waiting for the job we desire does not mean we have to wait idly… There are always things we can do to maximize the time we have on our hands.

In the light of this, I have decided to share ten things you can do while waiting for that dream job.

Teaching
Much respect to the teaching profession, but this is one job that is readily available anywhere. There are many schools around Nigeria just starting out and looking for teachers.

Most times the pay is low for these schools. Take a stroll around your area and apply for teaching roles. Of course, teaching is a lucrative profession when you’ve got some experience and can deliver the goods. If you have good level of experience you can apply to standard ones such as Corona Schools, Chrisland Schools, Turkish School
Home lessons/Tutorials
Are you good with children? Do you enjoy impacting knowledge then home lessons are perfect for you? I know someone who makes over N100, 000 monthly from home lessons. However, trust me when I say he is good at what he does. It has its own set of peculiar challenges but can be a lucrative side job. If you can’t get kids from rich homes, try applying on Tuteria.com prepclass.com.ng

You can teach online too on Homeworks.ng and NigeriaTrainingCourses.com

Freelancing
There’s a lot of money on the internet. Freelancing is one way to tap into this gold stream. So if you’re good at writing (I mean excellent), then you may end up taking freelancing as a career itself.

Why? Because it pays and pays well. Same applies to graphic designers, web developers, programmers. Your skill is a money-spinner if you’re a genius at it.

Register on Freelancer, Fiverr, Elance, upwork, Belance, Nairalance, Pushnaira, Freeciti, Contentmart, vrtsk, even on Nairaland and earn some money from home

Learn a skill
The world today is more about what you can do with what you know. Many people know things; few people can actually do them. Instead of doing nothing, learn a new skill. Baking, sewing, writing, welding, graphics/web design, etc. Just learn something new related to your career path.

Blogging
If you’re into social media, then you can start a blog. Choose a niche and generate useful content for it. Blog for fun, write short stories, open an online diary. You never know, that blog could be a plus on your CV the day you apply for a Content Strategist or Digital Marketing role at a firm.

Click here and own a blog today for just 350/month

Take an online course
Similar to learning a skill. Take online courses when you can. It is your duty to educate and re-educate yourself. There are free courses online some of which come with valid certificates. IFP MOOC is one of them.

Also, check out Educations Macaranta Udemy, Lynda, Coursera, Alison Shaw Academy Sijison Training, Sijison Educational, Nigeria Training Courses, Nigeria Training Network and CodeAcademy for more.

Join the family business
Often times, some of us have a ‘family business.’ This can be a provision store, a restaurant or a construction firm. You can join in this business to learn a thing or two. Valuable life and career lessons can come from there too. Don’t forget we have business families on online forums like Quora and Nairaland, join one today.

Study past questions
For a recent NYSC leaver, it’s not out of place to finish every past job question you come across. Practice them until you can solve them in your sleep. Being good at these tests increases your chance of getting to the next stage and getting the job.

You can practice online too, on Learning Indicator Indiabix, SHL SHL direct

Be active in church
Of course am smart, but my secret of success has always been God. Be active in God’s Courts. Not just in church but also in any group you find yourself (like a book club). This does not mean it you stop doing so when you get what you want. It’s more about being useful wherever you find yourself. Better to spend that extra time being a blessing than spectating.

Volunteer
People often ask where they can see volunteer opportunities. I say they have to search harder. For example, the sickle cell foundation has a volunteer program open to the public. While writing this post, I also saw that of Foodbank. There are other causes around if you look well enough.

In conclusion, avoid being idle while waiting for the next job invitation. You to make good use of the time available while keeping one eye on your goal. In the famous words of Dick Dastardly,” Don’t just stand there, Do something.”

Culled from http://www.ideologieshub.com.ng/10-things-a-graduate-should-do-while-waiting-for-a-good-job-offer/

Am sure you enjoyed this post, like, comment and share with friends, thank you.

Wanna be inspired, motivated, visit ideologieshub.com.ng daily

#HappyNewMonth

I Love you all

I don hear
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by Eddodoh(m): 5:39pm On Feb 01, 2017
ideology:
Hi bro, i have reviewed your CV before, if am right, email me lets talk info@ideologieshub.com.ng smiley
Yes. I sent you a mail already.
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by fola001: 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2017
Go into yahoo biz ....te author=ideology post=53318891]The road to career fulfillment as a graduate is different for many. We may have big dreams, but things may not pan out the way we want them. For those who find themselves on the receiving end of reality, no hope is lost.
Waiting for the job we desire does not mean we have to wait idly… There are always things we can do to maximize the time we have on our hands.

In the light of this, I have decided to share ten things you can do while waiting for that dream job.

Teaching
Much respect to the teaching profession, but this is one job that is readily available anywhere. There are many schools around Nigeria just starting out and looking for teachers.

Most times the pay is low for these schools. Take a stroll around your area and apply for teaching roles. Of course, teaching is a lucrative profession when you’ve got some experience and can deliver the goods. If you have good level of experience you can apply to standard ones such as Corona Schools, Chrisland Schools, Turkish School
Home lessons/Tutorials
Are you good with children? Do you enjoy impacting knowledge then home lessons are perfect for you? I know someone who makes over N100, 000 monthly from home lessons. However, trust me when I say he is good at what he does. It has its own set of peculiar challenges but can be a lucrative side job. If you can’t get kids from rich homes, try applying on Tuteria.com prepclass.com.ng

Freelancing
There’s a lot of money on the internet. Freelancing is one way to tap into this gold stream. So if you’re good at writing (I mean excellent), then you may end up taking freelancing as a career itself.

Why? Because it pays and pays well. Same applies to graphic designers, web developers, programmers. Your skill is a money-spinner if you’re a genius at it.

Register on Freelancer, Fiverr, Elance, upwork, Belance, Nairalance, Pushnaira, Freeciti, Contentmart, vrtsk, even on Nairaland and earn some money from home

Learn a skill
The world today is more about what you can do with what you know. Many people know things; few people can actually do them. Instead of doing nothing, learn a new skill. Baking, sewing, writing, welding, graphics/web design, etc. Just learn something new related to your career path.

Blogging
If you’re into social media, then you can start a blog. Choose a niche and generate useful content for it. Blog for fun, write short stories, open an online diary. You never know, that blog could be a plus on your CV the day you apply for a Content Strategist or Digital Marketing role at a firm.

Take an online course
Similar to learning a skill. Take online courses when you can. It is your duty to educate and re-educate yourself. There are free courses online some of which come with valid certificates. IFP MOOC is one of them.

Also, check out Educations Macaranta Udemy, Lynda, Coursera, Alison Shaw Academy Sijison Training, Sijison Educational, Nigeria Training Courses, Nigeria Training Network and CodeAcademy for more.

Join the family business
Often times, some of us have a ‘family business.’ This can be a provision store, a restaurant or a construction firm. You can join in this business to learn a thing or two. Valuable life and career lessons can come from there too. Don’t forget we have business families on online forums like Quora and Nairaland, join one today.

Study past questions
For a recent NYSC leaver, it’s not out of place to finish every past job question you come across. Practice them until you can solve them in your sleep. Being good at these tests increases your chance of getting to the next stage and getting the job.

Be active in church
Of course am smart, but my secret of success has always been God. Be active in God’s Courts. Not just in church but also in any group you find yourself (like a book club). This does not mean it you stop doing so when you get what you want. It’s more about being useful wherever you find yourself. Better to spend that extra time being a blessing than spectating.

Volunteer
People often ask where they can see volunteer opportunities. I say they have to search harder. For example, the sickle cell foundation has a volunteer program open to the public. While writing this post, I also saw that of Foodbank. There are other causes around if you look well enough.

In conclusion, avoid being idle while waiting for the next job invitation. You to make good use of the time available while keeping one eye on your goal. In the famous words of Dick Dastardly,” Don’t just stand there, Do something.”

Culled from http://www.ideologieshub.com.ng/10-things-a-graduate-should-do-while-waiting-for-a-good-job-offer/

#HappyNewMonth

I Love you all
[/quote]
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by clemmonce(m): 6:00pm On Feb 01, 2017
SnowJay92:

Good advice. What kind of tower are you talking about?
towe of babel
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by clemmonce(m): 6:00pm On Feb 01, 2017
SnowJay92:

tower of babel
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by professore(m): 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
I like especially the part to work in the church and the freelancing they were nicely written.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by nerovito(m): 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2017
Damilare5882:
Youths ..let's form a poilitcal party as against 2019 and take this country back from all these hungry fools and make it better #enoughisenough

nice one
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by vickvilles(m): 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2017
ideology:
Just keep doing it
correct man

1 Like

Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by Janeyinspires(f): 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2017
ideology:
Hi Janeyinspires,

I think you will like this wink wink wink

Like this? I am loving this post ideology! These ideas are just fab,especially for peeps who are still finding it hard to come up with something worthwhile, to keep them busy.
I already have an ongoing course on Alison and I'm also taking some writing courses for freelancers too....There is always something out of all you've mentioned which someone can do,depending on their make-up and all that......Tnx z bunch and Happy New Month Too!
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by espionage48(m): 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
Janeyinspires:

Like this? I am loving this post ideology! These ideas are just fab,especially for peeps who are still finding it hard to come up with something worthwhile, to keep them busy.
I already have an ongoing course on Alison and I'm also taking some writing courses for freelancers too....There is always something out of all you've mentioned which someone can do,depending on their make-up and all that......Tnx z bunch and Happy New Month Too!

please how do I take the courses. I have registered for fiverr but I don't even know how it works.
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by danose99(m): 6:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
Janeyinspires:

where are you taking writing courses for freelancers please
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by Jasiro: 6:54pm On Feb 01, 2017
Please family, who can help me with a loan of #100,000.?
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by MrEgghead(m): 6:57pm On Feb 01, 2017
ideology:
The road to career fulfillment as a graduate is different for many. We may have big dreams, but things may not pan out the way we want them. For those who find themselves on the receiving end of reality, no hope is lost.

Teaching

Home lessons/Tutorials

Freelancing

Learn a skill

Blogging

Take an online course

Join the family business

Study past questions

Be active in church

Volunteer

#HappyNewMonth

I Love you all
Tell me how all these aforementioned are more profitable than Farming?
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by MrEgghead(m): 6:58pm On Feb 01, 2017
ideology:
The road to career fulfillment as a graduate is different for many. We may have big dreams, but things may not pan out the way we want them. For those who find themselves on the receiving end of reality, no hope is lost.

Teaching

Home lessons/Tutorials

Freelancing

Learn a skill

Blogging

Take an online course

Join the family business

Study past questions

Be active in church

Volunteer

#HappyNewMonth

I Love you all
Tell me how all these aforementioned are more profitable than Farming?you can start farming with a relatively low capital and get huge money in return..
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by saintsylve(m): 7:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
Pinkieblue:
Cornerstone insurance plc, is seeking to recruit energetic, strong-willed and focused individuals to join it's team of professionals in line with its growth and expansion plan.

Our organization was established to conduct insurance business in a customer focused manner.

Job title: Financial planner/Marketing Executive

How to Apply:

Interested and qualified candidates should send their cv to bucherecruitment@gmail.com

Geez!! All Nairaland post comes with this? Have they not applied, The youth of today are becoming wiser and engaging themselves with meaningful projects.
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by yungbillionaire(m): 8:28pm On Feb 01, 2017
SnowJay92:

telecoms towers basically, dats like d hard ware part but i intend to even invest more in it...like d software part of it....bro, telecomms is d new oil industry and itz quite unfortunate dat many people despise oda areas asides oil.
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by yungbillionaire(m): 8:30pm On Feb 01, 2017
ideology:
Cool bro, keep it up, He will crown your efforts with success smiley smiley smiley

Ammeeen my broda...n bless u too.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by joie123(f): 8:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
Thanks

1 Like

Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by NnaNna4(m): 9:02pm On Feb 01, 2017
Damilare5882:
Youths ..let's form a poilitcal party as against 2019 and take this country back from all these hungry fools and make it better #enoughisenough

Following shocked

1 Like

Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by Damilare5882(m): 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
NnaNna4:

Following shocked
join the #enoughisenough at the politics section
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by NnaNna4(m): 9:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
fergieboy:
Smoking weed like one guy that made front page some days ago

Yeah I remember him; he smokes 3 times a day
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by Bowwow11(m): 11:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
thanks for the enlightenment
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by sam121(m): 11:39pm On Feb 01, 2017
Great...!
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by phransix2: 8:01am On Feb 02, 2017
Cool
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by cris83: 8:33am On Feb 02, 2017
Great post but how does one become an online tutor? i studied geology and on top of that i have a masters degree in petroleum geoscience and i casnt even land a good job or i am looking @ all avenues to make myself useful. I can say i was good in geography snd maths back in high school days but how do i start being an online tutor in that subject especailly in terms of core topics to be taught?. Suggestions are appreciated. thank you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 02, 2017
yungbillionaire:

telecoms towers basically, dats like d hard ware part but i intend to even invest more in it...like d software part of it....bro, telecomms is d new oil industry and itz quite unfortunate dat many people despise oda areas asides oil.

OK, that's good, the truth is there's money everywhere, even in the most despised places. It just takes harnessing.
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by cris83: 8:51am On Feb 02, 2017
Benjom:
Splendid ideas... many should run with them.

Meanwhile, have your CV intact. Need help with one?

www..com/cv-samples/

Are you on whatsapp? I would like to talk with you regarding resume rewriting so please hit me up with your digits!
Re: 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer by Hemanwel(m): 9:32am On Feb 02, 2017
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 / Who Has Received Npower January Stipend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.