Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

I Am Dropping Out Of The University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Dropping Out Of The University (6006 Views)

Nothing / Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan / Am Now In School Again After Dropping Out In 300level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by Snow5(m): 12:36pm On Feb 02, 2017
stuffsabouttara:
You could always check out my blog, there's a link to it on my profile page.

I just did... You have a nice blog

Meet Michelle...

Nice one!!!

1 Like

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by stuffsabouttara(f): 12:41pm On Feb 02, 2017
dessz:
this pic speaks my mind like this if it speaks yours as well.
You know, you could have just not commented and I'm sure you won't die. I wonder what you gain from a hate comment.
Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by Ay04z(m): 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2017
finish ur school kid...
Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by megareal: 1:11pm On Feb 02, 2017
Op, your experience mirrors mine. But I advise you not to drop out except your brain cannot cope with the course you are studying.

You don't need a degree in relevant studies to write well. Writing is innate, you only need guidance and direction which you can get anywhere online or through a live mentor who will serve as a critic and editor of your initial writings.

My advice is to continue your studies and write anytime you feel the urge. Write anywhere and anytime, you can even get inspirations from your lecture sessions sef

But if at any point, you feel you can't cope, then do the needful.

Goodluck
Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 02, 2017
stuffsabouttara:
Now you are just being annoyingly narrow-minded. A link to my blog is on the post because it's posted on my blog already and if I don't put a notification about that, I'll get banned. Calling me attention seeking is just so shallow.
If it's posted on ur blog already then u're posting it here so we can fry beans with it, right? Ur blog is already in ur siggy. All ur threads consists of posts already in ur blog. Like I said people do anything to generate traffic on their blogs , even if it's making fake threads. This is just so people can read ur blog.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by Mammangaddafi(m): 1:44pm On Feb 02, 2017
Madam can you please explain to us how you switched from nursing to MB;BS and then ended up in pharmacy?
Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by Mammangaddafi(m): 1:47pm On Feb 02, 2017
aflyingbird:
If it's posted on ur blog already then u're posting it here so we can try beans with it, right? Ur blog is already in ur siggy. All ur threads consists of posts already in ur blog. Like I said people do anything to generate traffic on their blogs , even if it's making fake threads. This is just so people can read ur blog.
Don't mind the babe. You are right. She just want traffic on her blog.

1 Like

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by stuffsabouttara(f): 2:20pm On Feb 02, 2017
aflyingbird:
If it's posted on ur blog already then u're posting it here so we can try beans with it, right? Ur blog is already in ur siggy. All ur threads consists of posts already in ur blog. Like I said people do anything to generate traffic on their blogs , even if it's making fake threads. This is just so people can read ur blog.
On the contrary, I post more for the words written than the blog itself. Like I said, without leaving the back links, I'll get banned. You called me 'attention seeking' and that hurt, now you've switched to 'people do anything to generate traffic on their blogs', excuse me, did I offend you in your past life or something? I love writing, and I love being read, so yes I repost my blog articles here for it to reach a wider audience and for that, I remain unapologetic. Since you've decided to personally carry it on your head as a sort of proclamation of your self righteousness, please continue - #wehdonema. Keep having a salty opinion, maybe someday you'll finally reach wherever you've been flying to.

1 Like

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by skarz: 3:12pm On Feb 02, 2017
stuffsabouttara:
probably it's funny to you, maybe a little bit stupid even. But please, do learn not to make fun of people, no matter how tempting. Nobody knows tomorrow and the tales it may bring with it. I do not beg for your kind words, but I'd prefer your silence to this matter if all you have is words full of mockery.

people are trying to get into University and here you are thinking of dropping out please don't do it...like you said no one knows tomorrow take your advice and wait you'll see a better tomorrow

1 Like

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by KingOfThePay(m): 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2017
It's not just about dropping school, it's about concentration. It's about where your heart is. It's about knowing what you want and going for it.

Whether you complete the medicine program or not. Your certificate will still be useless as not doing the program because you will still want to pursue your writing dream and do what your heart wants after all.

And sure, the best sort of advice you will get at this point is that you finish your medicine program first before focusing on writing but that still takes us back to first highlight. Is medicine what you want?

And if you really want to continue with your course for the sake of fulfilment purposes. Fine. But the question is have you been able to concentrate?
If you endure time and put in energy just to complete this course simply because you just want to finish and know at the end of it all you won't use the certificate, it's a waste of time.
Know what you want, what your heart craves and go for it.

Bottomline: FOLLOW YOUR HEART baby girl.

1 Like

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by Joephat(m): 3:57pm On Feb 02, 2017
just tell us the truth, do you have any carryover to write in your current Field?

maybe is bcz of your lapses in the field that's why you're contemplating to leave it for English and literary studies but to be frank with you, you don't need to study English n literary studies to be a good writer.

just focus n tidy your carryovers and then do whatever you want with your life.

finally, you didn't tell us why you av been changing from Nursing to Medicine and from medicine to pharmacy..

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 02, 2017
Mammangaddafi:
Madam can you please explain to us how you switched from nursing to MB;BS and then ended up in pharmacy?

You missed "studied physics for a year."grin

She's prolly seeking attention.
It's not new sha...

1 Like

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by stuffsabouttara(f): 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2017
Joephat:
just tell us the truth, do you have any carryover to write in your current Field?

maybe is bcz of your lapses in the field that's why you're contemplating to leave it for English and literary studies but to be frank with you, you don't need to study English n literary studies to be a good writer.

just focus n tidy your carryovers and then do whatever you want with your life.

finally, you didn't tell us why you av been changing from Nursing to Medicine and from medicine to pharmacy..

No biggie. The original plan was to be in medicine. My first jamb landed me in physics, second one in Nursing, and third one in medicine. But check the country, medicine won't take you anywhere, so I was allowed to transfer to pharmacy. It's not really a big deal.
Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by stuffsabouttara(f): 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2017
SirWere:

You missed "studied physics for a year."grin

She's prolly seeking attention.
It's not new sha...
your low minded ignorance is both heart wrenching and pathetic.
Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 02, 2017
stuffsabouttara:
your low minded ignorance is both heart wrenching and pathetic.
Hun; you're trying to be dignified so I'll restrain myself. grin

stuffsabouttara:
No biggie. The original plan was to be in medicine. My first jamb landed me in physics, second one in Nursing, and third one in medicine. But check the country, medicine won't take you anywhere, so I was allowed to transfer to pharmacy. It's not really a big deal.

Haba, sister, which sort of malformed lie is this na shocked grin

Medicine won't take you anywhere in Nigeria......
Even Lai Mohammed cannot say this! angry grin
Truly your fibs hath no ends, nor are they well though out at all.

If you can't even lie properly, how will you be able to spin a story that is enthralling undecided

And which university allows medical students to "switch" to pharmacy just like that

How old do you think we are undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by blueberryblue: 5:00pm On Feb 02, 2017
Story of my life. Almost to a tee. In my case, first it was medicine, and when that didn’t go well with me, then it was law. In retrospect, all works for good. I am now a qualified lawyer (with all the fake effizy and oppression that comes with that smiley ). My heart runs in the opposite direction anytime I see a law firm. And blazes fire when I’m speaking or writing on a passionate issue, or working with kids. Which is why I want a career in radio/tv, and/or teaching and/or social work. It gives me the joy I need to get up each morning. It’s a heart thing.

If you can, tough it out. The school thing that is. If it’s too overwhelming to your heart to stay the course, set up a BOMB exit plan and work like hell to make your talent successful. Go hard or go home. Shame all the naysayers. Make them believe it can be done, because you did it.
Whatever your decision, enjoy the journey along the way. Life is beautiful my love. Don’t miss out on the stars and water and the beach and all the interesting people that will come into your life.

It works out alright in the end. Believe that. Peace and love. I’m rooting for you.
Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by Mammangaddafi(m): 5:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
SirWere:
Hun; you're trying to be dignified so I'll restrain myself. grin

Haba, sister, which sort of malformed lie is this na shocked grin

Medicine won't take you anywhere in Nigeria......
Even Lai Mohammed cannot say this! angry grin
Truly your fibs hath no ends, nor are they well though out at all.

If you can't even lie properly, how will you be able to spin a story that is enthralling undecided

And which university allows medical students to "switch" to pharmacy just like that

How old do you think we are undecided
Medicine won't take her anywhere in Nigeria so she decided to switch to pharmacy 'a better alternative'. This girl is a clown.
Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by Mammangaddafi(m): 5:53pm On Feb 02, 2017
stuffsabouttara:
First jamb landed you in physics second one Nursing, third one in medicine and then you decided on your own to switch to pharmacy. You were freely making all these decisions on your own yet you claimed your father insisted you study medicine. Babe stop lying na.
Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by dearpiriye: 6:19pm On Feb 02, 2017
stuffsabouttara:
medicine wont take you anywhere but pharmacy would? Not to throw jabs but you should check your source of information very very very well.
Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by DesChyko: 6:37pm On Feb 02, 2017
stuffsabouttara:
probably it's funny to you, maybe a little bit stupid even. But please, do learn not to make fun of people, no matter how tempting. Nobody knows tomorrow and the tales it may bring with it. I do not beg for your kind words, but I'd prefer your silence to this matter if all you have is words full of mockery.

You are a brave me without my responsibility.

Good luck as you do what I only thought over.
Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by Studentcosmos(m): 7:08pm On Feb 02, 2017
Dear OP,
You are not alone. I also have similar issue but I don't see or didn't myself dropping out of school. I applied for Elect. Engr. I was offered an agric course. I accepted it. However, I have a knack for ICT and writing. Infact, I'm just so passionate about anything OnlineMedia. I am into my finals now as a budding agronomists, but also a blogger, freelance writer and a green horn OAP.
In life, you just have to carve out your own path when things aren't going the right way. You been a good writer should not thrust you into dropping out. Why not graduate from that discipline and You could still be a skilled writer in a medical niche. If you need a writing cert. You could take various online courses out there.

I would have loved to continue but lemme stop here before I give a comment that would be longer than the OP's post. LOL

Make me sef drop this link on Why Students go to school
www.studentcosmos.com/what-is-your-motive-behind-going-to-school/
It will help.

1 Like

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 02, 2017
Mammangaddafi:
Medicine won't take her anywhere in Nigeria so she decided to switch to pharmacy 'a better alternative'. This girl is a clown.
Her lies are not well thought out at all...

Desperate bloggers and the urge for attention sha....

1 Like

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by GSteve001(m): 9:42pm On Feb 02, 2017
stuffsabouttara:
Hi. nairaland's mail system seems to be unavailable. let me know if you get any message from the email address in my signature.

1 Like

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by stuffsabouttara(f): 10:03pm On Feb 02, 2017
Mammangaddafi:
Now you just crossed the boundaries. Seriously? To sink so low as to name calling? Medicine seems promising right? Everyone wants to get into it? It's a dream come true? Well Goodluck with that if it's your dream too. I rest my case here. Just please next time, don't insult me.
Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by cooncudee(m): 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2017
Teempakguy:
"if there are two or more ways to accomplish something, and one of them will most likely lead to disaster, someone will do it."

when I first read the above quote, I thought it was a clever joke. this thread has taught me otherwise.
you need to understand human specialization is a myth. humans don't have "one true calling" and depending on how developed your intellect is, you can pursue everything you want to. there's no reason to drop one for the other. it's a self-regenerating cake. you can eat and have it.

there is no reason to stop one course and go to study English just because you want to write. firstly because an English degree includes extra baggage that you simply do not need to be an excellent writer. secondly, because a degree in a science course can come of use later. thirdly, because if you quit now, you're conditioning your brain to be okay with losing focus and once you form the habit, it becomes hard to break it. soon you'll find yourself quiting countless stories halfway.

also, it only makes sense to fully utilize the internet. we have Nairaland literature section, we have wattpad, and countless others. we also have blogging. why not test the waters with this first? your success here will lead to better opportunities for you.
akeeka! you've said it all. That i can draw/paint effortlessly is one of the reasons i'm not studying fine arts or other art related courses. Someone asked me once in sec. schl. what i wanted to become and i gave him a long list, he then called me jack of all trades..., and i told him we shall see. and we will. specialization makes us slaves and limits creativity. You can learn to be a great writer without studying English/literature,it doesnt matter much, really, but it will do you more good if u know a little about evrything. I think she should stay in school, rearrange herself, join those clubs, make use of those platforms like you mentioned and start enjoying her life. and everybody will be happy

1 Like

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2017
Nice move, you've discovered your purpose in life. so follow your heart... do what you like & makes you happy and finally live a fulfilled life.
it is not all about how much(money) is involved in the job but how much you love your job
best regards...

1 Like

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by stuffsabouttara(f): 10:15pm On Feb 02, 2017
SirWere:

Her lies are not well thought out at all...

Desperate bloggers and the urge for attention sha....
hmmm. It's easy to sit and type in opinions. Do I start explaining everything bit by bit to redeem myself? Maybe, but I don't think it'd be worth all the stress. Am I desperate? Most likely yes, because I'm confused about what decisions to take and I admit I really need help. Am I just seeking for attention or traffic for my blog? Neeh. Some dude asked questions, do I have carryovers? How did I switch from medicine to pharmacy? I don't have any carryovers, and yes, you can switch by deferring and reapplying immediately you get the admission, they'll approve your request if you meet their requirements and they have space for you in the department. Like I said it's no biggie. I really didn't post this topic to spend majority of my time battling with words, what I wanted was simple - useful advice and opinions. So far, so good.
Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by cooncudee(m): 12:05am On Feb 03, 2017
SirWere:

What sort of Nigerian University allows switching up and down like this undecided undecided Dey lie small small sha....

I firmly believe those who the excuse that they have "passion" for a different course than the course they are studying are merely wimps, more intrested in making excuses than going out to get what they really want. undecided

Take me for instance, I'm currently studying chemistry in UI and about to resume to my 200L level.
I'm on a comfortable first-class grade and have won a scholarship.

Yet chemistry was never really my thing nor am I finishing the course undecided.

The claim that not studying your "passion" is an acceptable reason for absymal results and is a tenous claim at best, a childish daydream at worst.

I would recommend you read Robert Greene's Mastery for more knowledge in order to make an informed decision.

In any case, Chimamanda dropped Medicine for Literature and she didn't have to let everyone know about it cheesy
Bro, I enter a thread to comment and i see your post, and i'm like 'this dud's here!'.
You're assuming she's using the "i'm not following my passion" excuse to be cowardly, and as a reason 4 failing. She probably isn't.
That aside, you're a UI student, doing well there and you want to switch, I say follow yr dream.I c u (frm yr posts) and i'm like 'thats an 'intelligent' one thr, he gonn be an asset'. Don't be suprised baba, if I offer you a job in the future.
::You hvnt replied me in the other thread.

1 Like

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 03, 2017
cooncudee:

Bro, I enter a thread to comment and i see your post, and i'm like 'this dud's here!'.
You're assuming she's using the "i'm not following my passion" excuse to be cowardly, and as a reason 4 failing. She probably isn't.
That aside, you're a UI student, doing well there and you want to switch, I say follow yr dream.I c u (frm yr posts) and i'm like 'thats an 'intelligent' one thr, he gonn be an asset'. Don't be suprised baba, if I offer you a job in the future.
::You hvnt replied me in the other thread.
Well, perhaps this is solely my experience, but most people who use the "not my passion" card do so when their grades aren't so good.
I reckoned she was doing the same.
My apologies to you, stuffsaboutara, if it isn't so.

Wow, I'm humbled you think me intelligent. I know many a friend who would argue against that grin.

As for the other thread, I did see your message sir. It was just that android is currently broken and repairing it is not in my horizion for now sire.
Hence, my "dignified" silence to that.
Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by MacMkboy(m): 8:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
DROPPING OUT FROM SCHOOL ISN'T SUCH A BIG DEAL. FROM MY POINT OF VIEW: NIGERIAN SYSTEM OF EDUCATION HAS MADE LOTS OF PEOPLE NOT TO LEARN. WE ONLY END UP ACQUIRING GREAT CERTIFICATES AND CONTINUE RECYCLING OLD KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT ADDING ANY THING NEW TO IT. @OP, THINK BEYOND SCHOOL... THINK TOWARDS DEVELOPING YOURSELF... IF YOU DO SO, U'LL COME TO REALIZE THAT EVEN IN YOUR CURRENT COURSE OF STUDY YOU CAN STILL FIND JOY BY FOLLOWING YOUR HEART. TIME AND TIME AGAIN, I'VE COME TO REALIZE THAT STUDYING ENGINEERING IN NAU, AWKA, ISN'T GONNA HELP ME GET THE KIND OF LIFE I DESIRE. WHAT DID I DO?? DID I DROP? NO!! I CONTINUED COS I UNDERSTAND THE VALUE OF TWO IMPORTANT FACTORS:
1. CERTIFICATE IN NIGERIA, IS REGARDED WITH UTMOST IMPORTANCE THAN KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE.
2. TIME WHICH WE KNOW WAITS FOR NO MAN.
NEVERTHELESS, I DIDN'T ALLOW SCHOOL TO STOP ME FROM PURSUING MY INTEREST, NEITHER DID I ALLOW THOSE INTERESTS TO RUIN MY ACADEMICS - ALTHOUGH IT DID HAVE SOME NEGATIVE IMPACT ON IT
I'LD ADVICE U TO FINISH UR COURSE THAN TO ALLOW SCHOOL TIE U DOWN LONGER THAN ITS MEANT TO AFTER WHICH U'VE GOT THE REMAINING YEARS TO PURSUE SELF DEVELOPMENT.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by Martinez19(m): 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2018
stuffsabouttara:
this is a really nice point. Thanks for the great insight, I'll surely be penning it down.
Sir. Arthur Conan Doyle was a medical doctor but that didn't stop him from writing the Sherlock Holmes short stories and novels. Hope my advice is not coming late.
Re: I Am Dropping Out Of The University by Tozara(m): 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2018
Martinez19:
Sir. Arthur Conan Doyle was a medical doctor but that didn't stop him from writing the Sherlock Holmes short stories and novels. Hope my advice is not coming late.
Well, I think it pretty much is. grin

I'm also interested in her story, and I want to know what she eventually decided. What is she doing now? But she's no longer available to answer you or satisfy my curiosity. Her profile indicates that she hasn't been on nairaland for over a year.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apply For MTN Foundation Scholarship 2012/2013 / Information Thread for International Postgraduate Programs / Amb. Chris Odey Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.