Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

Trump: Call It A Ban If You Want. I Care? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump: Call It A Ban If You Want. I Care? (468 Views)

White House Releases Transcript Of Trump Call With Ukraine / Israel denies US Muslim lawmakers entry, after Trump's call to block them / Call It What You Want I Dont Care U.S President Donald Trump Blasts Protester Ov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trump: Call It A Ban If You Want. I Care? by falopey: 3:38pm On Feb 01, 2017
Ban or no ban. President Donald Trump said Wednesday morning that the labels applied to his controversial executive order restricting immigration from certain nations do no matter.

What does matter, the president said, is that it keeps “bad people” from entering the U.S.

Story Continued Below

“Everybody is arguing whether or not it is a BAN. Call it what you want, it is about keeping bad people (with bad intentions) out of country!” Trump wrote on Twitter Wednesday morning.

The post comes one day after White House press secretary Sean Spicer devoted significant time at his Tuesday press briefing to insisting that Trump’s executive order, which temporarily bars individuals from seven majority-Muslim nations from entering the country, does not constitute a ban.

But Spicer’s adamant assertion that the word “ban” does not apply to Trump’s order goes against the language the president himself has used to describe it. At least twice, once on Saturday and again on Monday, Trump has referred to the order as a ban. And Spicer himself has twice labeled the order a ban, once in an interview on ABC’s “This Week” and again during a public discussion at George Washington University.

At his Tuesday press briefing, Spicer said Trump was merely ““using the words the media is using” by referring to his order as a ban. But the discrepancy in the administration’s descriptors for its own policy has further brightened a spotlight on the order, the rollout of which created mass confusion over the weekend and prompted significant protest across the country.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-immigration-order-ban-no-ban-234477
Re: Trump: Call It A Ban If You Want. I Care? by beneviv(f): 3:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
Odi egwu o

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Launches First Satellite / Powerful earthquake jolts Mexico, sways buildings in capital / Zimbabwean Army Arrests Finance Minister, Recover $10m Cash In His House (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.