Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,689 members, 7,823,940 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook (29728 Views)

8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media / 10 People Who Filmed Their Own Death On Facebook LIVE ! (photos) / Lady Calls Out Man On Facebook Who Won't Stop Stalking Her Over Her Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Kazrem(m): 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2017
Truly it is a free world and everybody is entitled to his opinion. More so, there is freedom of speech, especially in this era that it is democratized. But you might agree with me that, as free as the world is and as much as we are entitled to our opinion, there should be limits to what we post on social media. Aside from treasonable posts, there is the ‘demarketing’ aspect of ill-advised posts. For every Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other posts you make, it either market or demarket yourself. To help you avoid sharing posts that devalue your ‘brand’, here are 3 questions you must answer or ask yourself before clicking that “Post” button:

1. Is this Post Consistent with My Personality?
Sometimes, I am dismayed by people who post disclaimers declaring they are not responsible for their posts that include nude pictures, solicit for money from friends or family etc. People tend to have interests they post mainly abot. I know Dayo Williams posts politics, sport (football) mostly and I know Elufowora Eluyemi Lateef for his comic but sensible posts. I trust Suraj Oyewale will never post anything sexual and Olatunji Abdulkabir Olajide is a versatile poster. Yet, I do not need anyone to tell me he would never share abusive post or use vulgar words. All these people have one thing in common: their posts are always consistent with their personality. So ask yourself: “is this post in line with my personality?”. Yes, post if it is. No, do not if it isn’t.

2. Will I Be Proud of this Post Next Year when Mark and his Team Will Remind Me of it?
You know everyday Facebook reminds us of what we posted exactly one year before. Some people are happy with it that they share it again. This has happened to me severally. In the same way, some are not proud of it and they regret sharing such. We have seen countless cases where people’s post come back to hurt them. Would you like to be one of such people? That is why you must ask yourself, “Would I be happy with myself if I see this post in future?” Yes, post it. No, don’t share it.

3. Of what value is this Post to My Friends?
Dale Carnegie of blessed memory said we communicate for I think 4 reasons; to share information, to persuade, to entertain and to educate. Our means of communication has shifted in this century from traditional print media to largely online media but the purposes still remain the same. So you ask yourself, ” where does this my post belong? Am I entertaining, informing, persuading or educating?” If it falls in on one of them, share. If not, I advise, don’t. Meanwhile, for branding and personality building purpose, share more of educating and informative posts than entertainment. That would help you a lot in that regard.

Kazeem Abolore S.
Innovative Teacher. Creative Writer.

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by miqos03: 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
cool
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by nmreports: 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by habex005(m): 6:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
Ok noted
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Nathan2016: 6:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
ok
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by WHOcarex: 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
Mtcheeew. That's for those that post nonsense
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by ichommy(m): 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
GBAM!!
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
There are no rules to be obeyed, all laws are meant to be broken. It is either the supremacy of the laws over human liberty or the-other-way-round. And I choose the-other-way-round all the time. Trust me, its Liberating.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Singapore1(m): 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
1. Is this Post Consistent with My Personality?
Sometimes, I am dismayed by people who post disclaimers declaring they are not responsible for their posts that include nude pictures, solicit for money from friends or family etc. People tend to have interests they post mainly abot. I know Dayo Williams posts politics, sport (football) mostly and I know Elufowora Eluyemi Lateef for his comic but sensible posts. I trust Suraj Oyewale will never post anything sexual and Olatunji Abdulkabir Olajide is a versatile poster. Yet, I do not need anyone to tell me he would never share abusive post or use vulgar words. All these people have one thing in common: their posts are always consistent with their personality. So ask yourself: “is this post in line with my personality?”. Yes, post if it is. No, do not if it isn’t.

i disagree .. some people don't take social media serious as some guys do, they believe places like facebook, nairaland is a place where you catch fun, play with your love ones ( distance love ones ) and the fact that they abuse online does not mean that's how they are offline.. trust me social media is a perfect place to become what you are not ( or what you can never become in the next few years )

Will I Be Proud of this Post Next Year when Mark and his Team Will Remind Me of it?
You know everyday Facebook reminds us of what we posted exactly one year before. Some people are happy with it that they share it again. This has happened to me severally. In the same way, some are not proud of it and they regret sharing such. We have seen countless cases where people’s post come back to hurt them. Would you like to be one of such people? That is why you must ask yourself, “Would I be happy with myself if I see this post in future?” Yes, post it. No, don’t share it.

there is what we call metamorphosis .. and it tend to happen in humans life.. saying rubbish on facebook is not the problem.. outgrowing it is the problem.. there was a time facebook remind me of typing "me will now be spending my hard earn money on ladies?, no be me" then i saw the post and smile and give thank to God for the man i have become, it gave me joy cos i saw prove that i have changed, i have improved in my ways of thinking ..metamorphosis !!!

3. Of what value is this Post to My Friends?
Dale Carnegie of blessed memory said we communicate for I think 4 reasons; to share information, to persuade, to entertain and to educate. Our means of communication has shifted in this century from traditional print media to largely online media but the purposes still remain the same. So you ask yourself, ” where does this my post belong? Am I entertaining, informing, persuading or educating?” If it falls in on one of them, share. If not, I advise, don’t. Meanwhile, for branding and personality building purpose, share more of educating and informative posts than entertainment. That would help you a lot in that regard.

well.. value is relative.. what you consider valuable may not be valuable to others, you cant read the mind of all your friends, i dont really like posting on facebook again nowadays (on most social media ) because if you search well, most people have already said what is on your mind, so i just share .. BACK TO "VALUE"
like i said earlier, what you consider valuable may be valueless to other, a friend of mine like a facebook page and he invited me to like the page too, i told her i am not interested cos the page is all about relationship,relationship and relationship.. i went through the page, to me ..it is has no value ...

yeeeeeeeeeeeee i just murdered ENGLISH

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
same thing applies to nairaland. Sometimes when you go through the comments you made years ago are you proud of them?

6 Likes

Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Damilare5882(m): 6:12pm On Feb 01, 2017
Youths ..let's form a poilitcal party as against 2019 and take this country back from all these hungry fools and make it better #enoughisenough

4 Likes

Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Opeade939(f): 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2017
This is good......
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by ichommy(m): 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2017

Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by ginajet(f): 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2017
OK Ooooo
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by seangy4konji: 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
K
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Exponental(m): 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
Whatever you do irrespective of time, apply wisdom and be truthful. truth will always be truth. Obsolete is a function of time.

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
Damilare5882:
Youths ..let's form a poilitcal party as against 2019 and take this country back from all these hungry fools and make it better #enoughisenough
While that might sound interesting, may I suggest you channel that energy into getting a real job ? ....(Just kidding). grin
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Mcowubaba: 6:18pm On Feb 01, 2017
I rarely post.
I Just read and like important issues.
I guess I'm a bit uptight

Facebook has a large population of sycophants, especially Nigerian girls, I easily get pissed off with the pictures, posts made by them...

Imagine one silly girl, posting "Time to delete some guys here, comment if you wanna stay on my friend list"

And some Foolish useless Guys were commenting, asking her what's the problem, and also begging her not to block them... WTF,

Most Nigerian Men are the sole cause of Nigerian girls pompous and silly nature, many perverted stupid men in Nigeria... The lose their maturity and senses when the see a little unclothedness from a female.

Even in Nairaland, some girls that look like Ijele masquerade have over 800 likes on thier Dp , who is liking this pictures, MEN Mostly.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2017
Very reasonable... what someone posts today might be a hindrance to the person in the future. People have lost important jobs or positions just because of carelessness in using social media.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Princenady(m): 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2017
Ok
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by ednut1(m): 6:20pm On Feb 01, 2017
Facebook no dey try atall with their memory shi*t. my reaction to most of my memory posts of 4-5 years is bloody hell, did i post that angry grin embarassed
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by dfrost: 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
Spot on. Infact, anything online posting ( Facebook et al), one needs to be careful especially faceless platforms like NL.
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Damilare5882(m): 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
While that might sound interesting, may I suggest you channel that energy into getting a real job ? ....(Just kidding). grin
... Let's try and make this country great again ..how will I get a real job when the country messed up angry
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Vokians(m): 6:26pm On Feb 01, 2017
Op you hit the targeted audience. Your points are noted.
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Thecassanova: 6:27pm On Feb 01, 2017
Who still they use facebook?

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2017
Damilare5882:
... Let's try and make this country great again ..how will I get a real job when the country messed up angry
You have a point there. Personally, I am so scared of violence. I dont like anything scratching my skin. But if I sense that it will be peaceful, I am all in, and I will make sure my presence brings at least 500 people to the streets.
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook by Damilare5882(m): 6:31pm On Feb 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
You have a point there. Personally, I am so scared of violence. I dont like anything scratching my skin. But if I sense that it will be peaceful, I am all in, and I will make sure my presence brings at least 500 people to the streets.
same here bro ..no violence at all..I am not in support of that too .. We need to create an online platform first ..and get all in

(1) (2) (Reply)

OPPO Launches The A93 In Nigeria (Specifications, Price, Pictures) / Pls Help Me Ooo I Bought And Iphone5 And I Cant Open It / What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.