Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,443 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) (38232 Views)

Soldier Beats An Okada Man In Bayelsa (Disturbing photos) / Nigerian Soldier Beats His Lover Mercilessly In Public For Lying To Him / Female Soldier Beats Policewoman Comatose In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by dre11(m): 6:03am On Feb 02, 2017
Afeez Hanafi

A power - drunk soldier , identified simply as Sergeant Taiwo , has brought sorrow into the family of a 25- year -old commercial motorcyclist, Abu Alhaji, whom he allegedly beat to death.

Taiwo , aka Sir T , lives in Myyong Army Barracks , Yaba , and is reportedly in detention in the barracks.

The motorcyclist, father of a six- month-old child , was said to have taken a woman, who wanted to buy snacks , to an eatery in the Morroco , Shomolu area, while the soldier parked his Toyota Camry on the premises.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Abu was waiting to take the passenger back to her destination when Taiwo , who had gone to a beer parlor opposite the eatery , came back to pick his car.

It was gathered that while Taiwo reversed his car to exit the premises , the vehicle hit the back of the victim ’ s motorcycle.

Our correspondent learnt that as Abu struggled with the motorcycle , the woman arrived at the scene.

An eyewitness, Bolaji Oke, said the woman quickly hit the body of the car to alert the soldier not to run over Abu , who was still battling with the motorcycle.

“ The soldier came out of his car and slapped the motorcycle rider repeatedly . As the rider tried to explain to him what actually happened , he descended on him with blows and beat him up. The passenger fled in the process.

“ The soldier beat the rider until he could not stand on his feet ; and he left in his car. As he was beating the man , he said nothing would happen if he died . Everybody present was afraid to intervene because he is a soldier . Somebody informed his younger brother , who rushed to the scene. The case was reported at the barracks and the victim was taken to the Military Hospital in Yaba around 9pm on Friday, ” Oke said.

It was said that the incident was also reported at the Alade Police Station.

A resident of the area , who gave his name only as Collins , told PUNCH Metro , that Taiwo was notorious for intimidating people, adding that he recently ran into trouble with a major because of his attitude.

He said , “ Sometime in December , Taiwo slapped a man at the beer parlour, saying the man was staring at him . In the end , it turned out that the man was a major and he started begging him .

“ After that encounter , he had a disagreement with one of the women, who work at the beer parlour. He tore the woman ’ s clothes . I think he should pay for this . ”

There was disquiet at the victim’ s residence in the Badulaye area of Shomolu when our correspondent visited his relatives on Wednesday . Sympathisers thronged the residence to commiserate with the family.

Distraught Abu ’ s elder brother , Adamu Alhaji, who lives in Kano State where the victim hailed from , said he was relaxing in a mosque after observing Ishai ( 8pm) prayer when Abu ’ s younger brother , Shuaib Alhaji, informed him on the telephone that he had been hospitalised.

“ I took a night bus to Lagos . When I arrived around 11am on Saturday, I was taken to the hospital’ s mortuary. Abu died at about 7am on Saturday . Shuaib travelled to Kano on Monday to look after our parents because they have been weighed down since they learnt of Abu ’ s death , ” he added.

Adamu urged the army authorities to support the family to cater to their ageing parents and the deceased ’ s nursing wife , adding that the death was an irredeemable loss to the family.

He said , “ Abu was hard working and generous. He sent money every month to our parents and his wife . His son is just six months old . The soldier does not deserve to be in the Nigerian Army; he should be dismissed. ”

The acting Deputy Director , Army Public Relations , 81 Division, Lt. Njoka Irabor , said investigations were ongoing into the incident.

“ We cannot actually say anything until investigations are concluded on the issue, ” he added .

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer , SP Dolapo Badmos , who confirmed the story, said the command was working with the Nigerian Army to ensure the prosecution of the killer soldier .

She said , “ According to the information we gathered , the man ( Taiwo ) was reversing his car and hit the motorcyclist. It generated crisis and he beat him up. The motorcyclist fell and was rushed to a hospital where he died.

“ The case was reported to the police three days after the incident. The command was able to reach out to the army . We got a report that the man had been apprehended and the army wants to do the needful so that we can also follow up on the prosecution . ”

http://punchng.com/soldier-beats-rider-death-car-hits-motorcycle/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by 40kobo77: 6:06am On Feb 02, 2017
This is really bad.

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by Pseudonymous: 6:08am On Feb 02, 2017
It's no longer new to us that all the soldiers in our country are trained bullies.

This nonsense is slowly getting out of hand. Everyone seems to be afraid.

I really miss Onitsha! I could still remember the day a soldier was beaten by a mob when he laid his hand on an elder.

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by psucc(m): 6:18am On Feb 02, 2017
We had grown beyond this evil called soldiers but Tinubu and his cohorts dragged us back to this ancient brutality.

41 Likes

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 02, 2017
What a life.

If life was a thing that money could have buy,
The rich will live and the poor will die.
A living dog is better than a dead lion,
Thank God you gat your life
Walai Talai.

Kill the bustard soldier

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by yale001(f): 6:41am On Feb 02, 2017
This is bad
Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by Luckylife(m): 6:41am On Feb 02, 2017
Insane animals roaming themselves in our security that are meant to protect lives .

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by hedonistic: 6:44am On Feb 02, 2017
Here we go again. Where are those resident Nairaland soldiers to come and defend their useless colleague as usual?

My level of disgust for the Nigerian Armed Forces in general is so intense that I can barely type anything else.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 02, 2017
Investigation ongoing!!!
He is a suspect until proven otherwise
One bad egg amidst thousands

How long does it take to beat a man to death.
And people dey watch?
Cowardice or wickedness
To see a man pummeled to death...
And you can't help because na soldier?
The witnesses should be arrested
They are accomplices!!!!!!!!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 02, 2017
hedonistic:
Here we go again. Where are those resident Nairaland soldiers to come and defend their useless colleague as usual?

My level of disgust for the Nigerian Armed Forces in general is so intense that I can barely type anything else.
Type God forgive you. That one make sense

1 Like

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by hisgrace090: 7:00am On Feb 02, 2017
Power drunk Nigerian military at it again.
Why can't this people ever behave as humans?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by dingbang(m): 7:05am On Feb 02, 2017
The chief of army staff is not doing his work.....

1 Like

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:07am On Feb 02, 2017
You hardly see educated commissioned soldiers with ranks behaving like cow as this illiterate taiwo thing did. Imagine slapping a whole major staring at him, God! If na me be the major, I for Don dismiss am tey tey

In as much I love this profession and planning to join too after my service, am not in any support of this foolish act

RIP to the dead

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by Adonis7: 8:52am On Feb 02, 2017
Bb
Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by stefanweeks: 9:22am On Feb 02, 2017
if na boko boys na

them go melo down

clowns

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by CallMeNJay: 10:20am On Feb 02, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by simplynigerians: 10:20am On Feb 02, 2017
Not Fair
Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by hucienda: 10:20am On Feb 02, 2017
Sergeant Taiwo, what is all this?
Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by prince9851(m): 10:20am On Feb 02, 2017
Ok
Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by Gten(m): 10:22am On Feb 02, 2017
Send that soldier to sambisa with his hands tied to his back and a bull eye target on his chest.

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 02, 2017
Again and again, the soldiers operate with impunity.

He'd get what's coming

1 Like

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by ufuosman(m): 10:22am On Feb 02, 2017
very bad, rip to the dead
Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by izzou(m): 10:22am On Feb 02, 2017
grin

I actually feel for the civilians that are terrorized by Boko Haram. But I actually feel nothing for the soldiers that have lost their lives.

These soldiers are heartless and have no iota of compassion when in the midst of civilians. Even if Boko Haram kills 500 at once, I have no f**k to borrow, talk more of give.

Nigerian soldiers are worse than robbers sometimes

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by Kenshinmunac(m): 10:22am On Feb 02, 2017
all suspects are innocent until proven guilty in the court of law.
Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by iamawara(m): 10:23am On Feb 02, 2017
Nonsense. Why dem no dey try this nonsense for Sambisa. They feel so special that make them think they are superior to us. RIP to the departed.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by kilokeys(m): 10:23am On Feb 02, 2017
hunger dey.. pple barely eat nowadays

most pple abroad survive bullet wounds

here in naija.. pple can't take a beating

1 Like

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by itsik(m): 10:23am On Feb 02, 2017
I weep for my Nigeria.
Our children will curse us for what we turned this country into. So pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by ItzHoludex(m): 10:24am On Feb 02, 2017
it's high time they scrutinized these people called military men
Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 02, 2017
Na wa o
Re: Soldier Beats Motorcyclist To Death In Lagos After His Car Hit Motorcycle (Pic) by Roidatom(m): 10:24am On Feb 02, 2017
Terrible!
Instead of protecting lives. How much is his car?
Meanwhile, the boko haram he is supposed to go and kill
he did not do.

Since the soldier like killing, he should be transfered
to the hot zone in maiduguri ASAP. let him go and display his talent there.

This is unprofessional.
Human rights come in.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guard Arrested For Fingering, Sucking Employer’s Daughter’s Breasts (pic) / 40-year-old Married Man Arrested By Police For Defiling Underage Girls. Photos / 19-year-old Virgin Gang-raped In Kebbi For Refusal Of Marriage Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.