Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

A Criminal Or A Lunatic: Soldier Sulaiman Olamilekan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Criminal Or A Lunatic: Soldier Sulaiman Olamilekan (1016 Views)

Governor Ambode Hosts Kareem Waris Olamilekan (Photos) / Senator Olamilekan Adeola Escapes Kidnapping At National Assembly / female Sheridan terrorist: obasanjo (Biafra) is a. lunatic, madman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Criminal Or A Lunatic: Soldier Sulaiman Olamilekan by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 02, 2017
A CRIMINAL OR A LUNATIC: NIGERIA ARMY MUST TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR SOLDIER SULAIMAN OLAMILEKAN There are two critical facts about Sulaiman Olamilekan, the Nigerian solider who brutally attacked Ms. Ebere Ohakwe and nearly killed her at a military-manned checkpoint in Port Harcourt three days ago. First, Olamilekan did not act alone. He wielded alone the stick and the metal rod with which he went on rampage on the body of his victim. But there were some other soldiers at that road block while he was attacking the victim. What did the other soldiers do while the vicious assault was going on? They encouraged him and some of them were hauling insult at the victim while Olamelekan was beating her. They taunted her and called her "Port Harcourt prostitute". All those soldiers must be identified and all must be punished. Further, when Ms. Ohakwe arrived at the Bori Military cantonment to seek to report her ordeal to the Commanders, some soldiers at the gate prevented her from taking the matter to the Commanders. Instead, they took Ms. Ohakwe to a clinic across the street and tried to give her treatment in a bid to cover up what happened. While she was receiving treatment several soldiers came to her to tell her to forget what happened. They never allowed her to rest or to sleep. They were monitoring her to make sure that she had no access to anyone who might know what happened. (At this point, I will admit that we have overwhelming evidence of cover-up and suppression of truth, and we intend to present all our evidence at any tribunal or proceedings where these matters may be heard. These soldiers also rushed her out of treatment and led her to the motor pack so she would go to Onitsha. They were determined to get her out of town at all costs. They led her back to the motor park where she had boarded a vehicle the day she was attacked. When Ms. Ohakwe arrived at the motor park accompanied by those soldiers, someone recognized her as the woman that was attacked the day before. The bus company already knew about the story and someone there suggested to Ms. Ohakwe that the manager of the bus company would like to see her. As Ms. Ohakwe made to go to see the manager, the soldiers blocked her and forced her to enter a bus and leave the station, and warned her of trying to speak with anyone in the park. All those soldiers that participated in this cover- up must be identified and punished. Second: The same Olamilekan is reported to have assaulted many other women at the same spot on several other occasions. We have a story of another woman who had an encounter with the same Olamilekan. In that instance, Olamilkan had stopped a bus carrying several passengers. He saw a girl in the bus that he was interested in. He ordered the driver of the bus to come down. When the driver came down, Olamilekan took him aside and ordered him to go back to the bus and obtain the phone number of the female passenger and bring it to him. Also, Olamilekan has for all the time he has been at that checkpoint, has been known to assault and molest civilians. Question: How come that the Commanders of these soldiers failed all this while to stop them? It means only one thing in law. It means that the Commanders permitted these abuses. There may be justifiable grounds to invoke the concept of "commander responsibility" here. Under this concept, Generals are held criminally responsible for crimes committed by the the troops. It is believed that if the Commander had not previously condoned similar offenses by the troops, the present offense would have been avoided. Put another way, it is taken that the Commander's failure to discipline the offending troops in the past amounted to an active endorsement of the troops. Such indifference is equivalent to the Commanders ordering the troops to commit such offense. Nigerians are interested in knowing whether the Commanders of Olamelekan and other troops working with him could be said to have condoned, encouraged or endorsed these abuses by past permissive indifference. There is no doubt that what the Nigerians soldiers have been doing on the roadblocks they created amounted to crimes against humanity. These crimes are systemic, continuous and pervasive. There is no doubt that Soldier Olamilekan is either mentally sick or a cold- bloded criminal. His commanders must account for what happened. DPA is seeking two things from the case of Ms. Ohakwe. First, we want justice for her. Second, we want to permanently cause the Nigerian military personnel to respect the rights of the Nigerians civilians and to abide by the constitution and laws of Nigeria. We are no longer in military rule. While we respect our soldiers and support them as needed, we can no longer allow them to blackmail us and enslave us as they did during military rule. The Nigerian Army must operate now under the Constitution and a civilian political authority. Emeka Ugwuonye, Esquire ______________________ NOTE: We hereby call on all people who have witnessed harassment of civilians by this particular soldier or other soldiers at that checkpoint to send us confidential information on what they witnessed. NOTE: Share this post if you like. Copied from DPA : https://m.facebook.com/ groups/133527986816712? view=permalink&id=720013858168119&refid=8&_ ft_=qid.6382415579051269633%3Amf_story_ key.-6645494926299391903%3Atop_level_ post_id.720013858168119&__tn__=%2As

Re: A Criminal Or A Lunatic: Soldier Sulaiman Olamilekan by subtlemee(f): 9:27am On Feb 02, 2017
Baby soldier who got employed through slot without stress..if he suffered like others to go through all the recruitment processes he'll know how to respect the citizens he's suppose to protect,respect the job and the uniform..

Thank God he's been identified they can't and won't sweep this one under the carpet

OP add miscrant to the names

3 Likes

Re: A Criminal Or A Lunatic: Soldier Sulaiman Olamilekan by ybalogs(m): 9:27am On Feb 02, 2017
Both
Re: A Criminal Or A Lunatic: Soldier Sulaiman Olamilekan by emeraldknytt(m): 9:38am On Feb 02, 2017
subtlemee:
Baby soldier who got employed through slot without stress..if he suffered like others to go through all the recruitment processes he'll know how to respect the citizens he's suppose to protect,respect the job and the uniform..

Thank God he's been identified they can't and won't sweep this one under the carpet

OP add miscrant to the mames
If you know what these folks pass through during training, you'll know when to form innit, who to form for and how to form it..... Though I am not in support of his barbaric act, I know if his swollen puffed ego wasn't deflated by the lady, she stands a clear chance of being hale and alive 'stead of being bedridden.

Verdict: He is a Goat.
She is a peacock.
Re: A Criminal Or A Lunatic: Soldier Sulaiman Olamilekan by obamabinladen(m): 9:38am On Feb 02, 2017
Until we put tribalism and sentiment aside, we won't make any headway.

Majority of Nigerians always hail these soldiers when they brutalise and kill innocent protesters especially when such protesters are not doing so for their interests. As these soldiers are hailed for such wickedness, they are empowered to do more and this is where it has landed us.

The same thing is happening in Buhari's fight against corruption. The people hail him when their enemies are been arrested and look the other way when their friends are Been reported to have stolen.

I WEEP FOR NIGERIA.

Re: A Criminal Or A Lunatic: Soldier Sulaiman Olamilekan by annayawchee: 10:21am On Feb 02, 2017
some people are not just meant to be in the army.... The ones who are suppose to protect us are the ones killing us....... Some of this soldiers feels like they own the world juist because they wield a rifle.....
Re: A Criminal Or A Lunatic: Soldier Sulaiman Olamilekan by highpriest4: 10:40am On Feb 02, 2017
emeraldknytt:
If you know what these folks pass through during training, you'll know when to form innit, who to form for and how to form it..... Though I am not in support of his barbaric act, I know if his swollen puffed ego wasn't deflated by the lady, she stands a clear chance of being hale and alive 'stead of being bedridden.

She is a peacock.
Re: A Criminal Or A Lunatic: Soldier Sulaiman Olamilekan by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 02, 2017
Re: A Criminal Or A Lunatic: Soldier Sulaiman Olamilekan by SIRmanjar(m): 4:40pm On Feb 02, 2017
emeraldknytt:

She is a peacock.
Dem don dey crawl out from dem hole again o..Wot do u mean by swollen puffed ego?Why shuld a soldier tell an innocent unarmed lady dat commited no crime to kneel down.

1 Like

Re: A Criminal Or A Lunatic: Soldier Sulaiman Olamilekan by emeraldknytt(m): 7:21pm On Feb 02, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Dem don dey crawl out from dem hole again o..Wot do u mean by swollen puffed ego?Why shuld a soldier tell an innocent unarmed lady dat commited no crime to kneel down.
Weed, Marijuana, methamphetamine, serious hard drugs.... Trust me, these stimulants control its Users.... That gave him a reason to damn all consequences and please, next time you see someone high on drugs, best not provoke them or question them unless you are capable of handling yourself and fighting back...

Crawling outta my hole to give you my 2cents... Peace
Re: A Criminal Or A Lunatic: Soldier Sulaiman Olamilekan by SIRmanjar(m): 8:05pm On Feb 02, 2017
emeraldknytt:
Weed, Marijuana, methamphetamine, serious hard drugs.... Trust me, these stimulants control its Users.... That gave him a reason to damn all consequences and please, next time you see someone high on drugs, best not provoke them or question them unless you are capable of handling yourself and fighting back...

Crawling outta my hole to give you my 2cents... Peace
U min u Lote all dis tins for me grin
Tunder faya dem ad dem hard drugz?Dem join army to take hard drugs baa?Abi barrackz don turn drug hauz for junkies?Well Shebi im drug eyes don clear now.
And if any high junky on drugs try me Ar go slap thunder comot for im eyes.
Here is my 50kobo...peace
Re: A Criminal Or A Lunatic: Soldier Sulaiman Olamilekan by elslaq: 12:40pm On Feb 04, 2017
I just pray he scale through and change for better.
It is understandable that those soldiers, at times don't like people going against their rules, and I guess the lady tried going against him when he ordered her to kneel down.
Well, may God intervene and make him change for better.
ELSLAQ cares.

(1) (Reply)

The Nigeria- Nnamdi Kanu Case: British Columnist, Colin Freeman Writes / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Governor Wike At The Rivers State Govt House (photos) / THE BOMBSHELL FINALLY! Senate On Vengeance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.