Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music (35811 Views)

Davido To Wizkid At 30: “You Are A Legend And The Greatest Of All Time” / Aremu Afolayan: Real Face Of Lagbaja Unveiled By Actor On His Birthday / Simi Meets Lagbaja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 02, 2017
i dont think the real Lagbaja exist again, because this one jump up and down very smart and athletic like 20yrs old boy. Lagbaja started singing before i was born.

Well i dont believe anything in Nigeria again like the Igbos.
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by QuietHammer(m): 5:59pm On Feb 02, 2017
makydebbie:
That was a typo error. In the write up, the only thing you saw was a little mistake. Next time, don't quote me spilling thrash.

A taste of your medicine, its "online" not "onlinw".
Nice article, but there is no genre/style as African Jazz.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by HARDDON: 6:03pm On Feb 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Fine boy kiss kiss

once upon a time
i dotted and dabbed on a virtually popped plain
converting coarse canvas into sublime piece of perfection even the gods drool on
About the cloak of mortality donned by a soul that tosses and ebbs like da sea wave
then suddenly, like knife tru butter, like ghost tru fog
it disappeared, evaporated with the easy grace of a leopard

just blank

yea, i know, this is not for normal consumption
so stress not ur mortal mind
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by mrtayesynchro(m): 6:05pm On Feb 02, 2017
lagbaja omo baba mukomuko grin
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by iyanuden(m): 6:05pm On Feb 02, 2017
Great Ife!!
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by freshkik(m): 6:26pm On Feb 02, 2017
can't say i'm his biggest fan but i did love his music, & the messages it past.... don't know much but i do know 2 bout 2 things been talked bout here, & i wanna clarify
1.) that pix isn't him tho, it has been circulated for years now, n each time, been proven not to be him
2.) according to him in an interview, he said that him hiding his face is a representation of the african bin in the dark (asin oppression, hunger, political unrest, etc)...something like this tho, its bin long
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by seifini(m): 6:29pm On Feb 02, 2017
bonafide is wrong,it's correctly spelt as "bona fide". holla I am a dope proofreader/editor.japusam@gmail.com.
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by metallisc(m): 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2017
makydebbie:
Yels oocheesy

that is not lagbaja's real face becuase the person in the picture is not him. I know lagbaja personally. You people should stop propagating everything you see online as truth.
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by bareal(m): 6:45pm On Feb 02, 2017
Gidigba o ṣe f'ọ̀pá lù Jagunjagun o ṣe f' ọbà mú Ibi líle Lílé l'an b'okunrin ogun Ibi líle Lílé l'an ba Akinkanjú
Lágbájá Ọmọ bàba mukomuko Lágbájá Ọmọ oyo mọ mi
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by rajioladapo: 6:51pm On Feb 02, 2017
Its Oyun LGA.

1 Like

Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by adedayourt(m): 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2017
HateU2:
yeah. I love mysterious guys cheesy.

Hmmmmmm

Greetings to your sis-in-the-Lord wink

I seeeeeeeeee smiley
Lover of mysterious guy cool
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by bencarson007(m): 7:15pm On Feb 02, 2017
CentaurXXXV:
Lagbaja remains a living legen

#Ride_On_Boss!

The masked one
Man with a brave heart
My Lagbaja
Inspirator

You are a true legend

#BlessedBoss
#BornLegend
#LivingLegend
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 02, 2017
adedayourt:

I seeeeeeeeee smiley
Lover of mysterious guy cool
i seeeeeeee too cool
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Olamilekan08(m): 8:28pm On Feb 02, 2017
rajioladapo:
Its Oyun LGA.
The 96th 'corrector'.
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Write yours let us see Sir..... Looolllll

Why are you so full of hate for something original and good?? Your attitude is disgusting...

If the article is crap then why comment on such a thread?? What an abominable comment from you... Really really low.

Unlike you I believe in facts and sound reporting. So, if you throw lies and half-truths in my face you'll get called out.

Investigative journalism ain't for everyone you know, and not everyone can be bloggers. This bandwagon effect is really becoming silly, get a new job or learn a trade or something.

PS. I write too. I publish scientific works, hence my fixation on facts/ truth.

1 Like

Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:19pm On Feb 02, 2017
But the OP is no "blogger" smiley

This write-up is more like an attempt at saying hi to the legend of Lagbaja.... is that so hard to see??

You have no idea who you address. Loollll

Another name for Research works/studies I am exposed to (which involves being "Investigative" and being able to report our findings...) Is Investigative Science.

The words, "Facts" and "sound reporting" are just two of the many things I stand for in my field and beyond. So don't throw that in anyone's face here. Seal it!

Someone made a little mistake of "ogun" instead of "Oyun" due to autocorrect ish and your lots are already on her case. That's destructive mister and very low. So swerve...

Someone writes an original article and all you do is sit as a hypocritical judge on it when you have nothing to show for yourself... How classic... smiley

ayenitre:

Unlike you I believe in facts and sound reporting. So, if you throw lies and half-truths in my face you'll get called out.

Investigation journalism ain't for everyone you know, and not everyone can be bloggers. This bandwagon effect is really becoming silly, get a new job or learn a trade or something.

Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 02, 2017
CentaurXXXV:
Lagbaja remains a living legend! His music is way better than Wizkid's trash.. grin

#Ride_On_Boss!
He is called a kid, you should expect him to act like one.

1 Like

Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by highbee02: 10:21pm On Feb 02, 2017
point of correction, no Local Govt. called OGUN in Kwara State. Ijagbo is either in Oyun, Ifelodun/ Irepodun LG
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Menace2Society(m): 10:38pm On Feb 02, 2017
jrusky:
I like this guy called Lagbaja music but his personalty is very questionable I don't get this masquerade style of life if not for Jazz because I don't get it in this century a young man going around in masquerade dress and claim he want to hide his face please hidden his face from who Please who is even looking for his face in the first place or who care about his face for him to be hidden it

Please Mr Lagbaja give your life to God and leave all these strange stuffs the world has moved on from where you are still standing promoting African culture does not mean you should be dressing like masquerade please.
What kind of rubbish is this man saying undecided
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Menace2Society(m): 10:41pm On Feb 02, 2017
kobiGcom:
.... to much hype for lagbaja..... ... we have beta musicians
Mention them make i laugh small undecided
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Torontoparrot(m): 10:56pm On Feb 02, 2017
priceaction:

All those parading another face for lagbaja don't really know him. This is his real face. @ nose if still in doubt. Don't ask me how I knew grin

Copied friendzone, sexfabregas, wristbangle, makydebbie, omotayor123 ,elacute45 et all
and how old is this pics , definitely not recent , there must have been changes no matter how little
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Soccerbetblitz: 11:02pm On Feb 02, 2017
DELIVERY!!!
Correct Score 3:1
Time: 16:00
Date: 03.02.2017
Ht/Ft - Not Available
Every Accomplishment Starts
With The Decision To Try!!!
Platinum/VIP Subscription Also Available..
Weekly and Monthly
Contact us
Facebook Page: /betblitz
BBM Channel: C0014527E

Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by LordOfNaira: 11:16pm On Feb 02, 2017
Lagbaja is my uncle and I know how he looks. He is not that man you have up there.
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by buckweath: 11:29pm On Feb 02, 2017
I love Lagbaja’s music now. But let me reminisce and take you back in time.

At an art show in Oduduwa Hall, University of Ife around 1982 or 83, there was this guy, who would later become Lagbaja played a piece that was not rehearsed before with a trumpeter.

There was a girl (I can’t remember her name) that was supposed to sing Omo mi seun rere by the late Christie Essien in the show and my job was to play the trumpet solo that accompanies that song.

Started playing my solo and lo and behold this guy joined me on the stage with his Tenor Saxophone. That song was then turned into a performance galore that we musician called “JAMMIMG”. That was totally unplanned for. But the music was good. That was Great Ife back then.

Can’t forget that experience with the then young musician now called Lagbaja. He was special back then too.

Just reminiscing. That young trumpeter is the writer of this piece. And yes I still play for fun….And I still love Lagbaja’s music.

2 Likes

Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by shadrach77: 1:56am On Feb 03, 2017
That's Lagbaja with a fan in the picture

Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by laudate: 4:24am On Feb 03, 2017
richiepolymer:
Lagbaja remains my greatest modern Nigerian artiste. His rhythm vibrates my soul. Nigeria has got talent! I appreciate distinct music not bandwagon nonsense.

Seconded!! cool The first time I heard his song Africalypso, I was intrigued. By the time I heard 'Konko below', Gra-Gra and 'Nothing For You', I was well & truly hooked. The way he belts out those lyrical pieces on his saxophone, still sends goosebumps down my spine. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by laudate: 4:26am On Feb 03, 2017
buckweath:
I love Lagbaja’s music now. But let me reminisce and take you back in time.

At an art show in Oduduwa Hall, University of Ife around 1982 or 83, there was this guy, who would later become Lagbaja played a piece that was not rehearsed before with a trumpeter.

There was a girl (I can’t remember her name) that was supposed to sing Omo mi seun rere by the late Christie Essien in the show and my job was to play the trumpet solo that accompanies that song.

Started playing my solo and lo and behold this guy joined me on the stage with his Tenor Saxophone. That song was then turned into a performance galore that we musician called “JAMMIMG”. That was totally unplanned for. But the music was good. That was Great Ife back then.

Can’t forget that experience with the then young musician now called Lagbaja. He was special back then too.

Just reminiscing. That young trumpeter is the writer of this piece. And yes I still play for fun….And I still love Lagbaja’s music.

More respect, sir!! I throway salute! cheesy Er, by the way egbon...how old are you? I hope you don't mind my asking?

bencarson007:
The masked one
Man with a brave heart
My Lagbaja
Inspirator

You are a true legend

#BlessedBoss
#BornLegend
#LivingLegend

Na which one be 'inspirator' again? No be inspiration, Oyinbo man dey call am??
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by bencarson007(m): 6:17am On Feb 03, 2017
laudate:

More respect, sir!! I throway salute! cheesy Er, by the way egbon...how old are you? I hope you don't mind my asking?

. Mr oversabi, the inspirator is the one that provides the inspiration...must you rubbish people ?
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by laudate: 6:26am On Feb 03, 2017
bencarson007:
.Mr oversabi, the inspirator is the one that provides the inspiration...must you rubbish people ?

In what way did I rubbish the person? Is it by asking for the meaning of a word, I have not heard before?? shocked Since when has that become a crime?
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by bencarson007(m): 6:27am On Feb 03, 2017
laudate:

. And I just formed d word myself. Don't quotae me Mr oversabi
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by laudate: 6:35am On Feb 03, 2017
bencarson007:
. And I just formed d word myself. Don't quotae me Mr oversabi

Maka gini? Why dis matter dey pepper your body like dis? You could have simply stated that you coined the word yourself right from the beginning, instead of staging this unnecessary drama. undecided
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 03, 2017
Torontoparrot:
and how old is this pics , definitely not recent , there must have been changes no matter how little
for sure. That should be in early 90s or so around the time the music was booming. Tat is what i can reveal for now,Taking in USA, alumni meeting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ali Baba Slams Nigerian 'Big Boys' Who Use 'Pepper Dem' Spray. "Money Not Legit" / Check Out Stretch Limo COZA Church Brought To Celebrate Seyi Law, Frank Edwards / Woli Arole Celebrates Igboho, Sanyeri, Others With Trbal Marks (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.