Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,561 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme (29300 Views)

MenzGold: 15 Persons Die As Ponzi Scheme Crashes In Ghana / Lizzy Efa Of Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme Arrested While Trying To Flee / NNN Nigeria: Nigerians Caution Each Other Against Ponzi Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by noetic5: 5:02pm On Feb 02, 2017
Dr. Philemon Ibrahim Gura and two others, Tivkaa Shimavie and Kenneth Atuwaka, are in the custody of Benue State Police Command over allegation of doubling money for members of the public.

They were apprehended at the premises of St. Theresa Catholic Church, High Level, Makurdi. Benue State Commissioner of Police, Bashir Makama, said the suspects had already collected over N4.5m from a total of 613 people within two days of their operation. .

They're accused of hiding under an empowerment programme to defraud people. One of their victims, a food vendor and mother-of-3, Nlumun Bagu, said she keyed into the programme because it was announced in the church that some people were around to empower the youths and less privileged.

Bagu said on the first day, she had invested N4, 000, which was doubled for her the following day when she got paid N8, 000, an amount she reinvested before the police swoop on the men.

However, the suspects have claimed that they were carrying out a legitimate business within the confines of law and had not in any way derailed to warrant the alleged police harassment.

See the image below

[img]http://1.bp..com/-eKtJxH3Ad-E/WJNaRR97fpI/AAAAAAAAMrc/_A2PKxlQLCsCvWOKMhfCro3YR7rIkqFaACLcB/s400/ponzi.jpeg[/img]

Source: http://www.latestamebonaija.com/2017/02/3-arrested-inside-benue-catholic-church.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by noetic5: 5:02pm On Feb 02, 2017
MMM part 2

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by rosalieene(f): 5:09pm On Feb 02, 2017
mtchheewwwww!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by ojun50(m): 5:17pm On Feb 02, 2017
We most make money by all means

5 Likes

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by Mologi(m): 5:19pm On Feb 02, 2017
Person cannot steal money in peace again in Nigeria....

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by Flexherbal(m): 5:31pm On Feb 02, 2017
"One of their victims, a food vendor and mother-of-3, Nlumun Bagu, said she keyed into the programme because it was announced in the church that some people were around to empower the youths and less privileged."

Did the Church not verify, before announcing it to their members?

https://www.nairaland.com/2913203/herbal-tea-secrete-fathers-used in curing PreMAture ExPULsion and E.D

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by pennywys(m): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2017
I'll be right back
Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by Jfast: 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2017
They have finally provided help for the Nigerian police

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2017
lool

all these peeps that dont wanna invest in real Biz
Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by DrChukzy(m): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2017
And so

Were the people forced
Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2017
Are Nigerians so lazy that they find it hard to work for their money or they are just being foolish? Why are we so interested in doubling our money without doing nothing? To think the youths are mostly involved in this ponzi thing saddens my heart

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by jericco1(m): 5:33pm On Feb 02, 2017
Reminds of that money doubler in chike and the river

3 Likes

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by laplace19(m): 5:33pm On Feb 02, 2017
People now create their own ponzi scheme online

1 Like

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by brunofarad(m): 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2017
They don't want to work hard for their money

1 Like

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by ademega(m): 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2017
Between December 13th when MMM went down to this period millions of Nigerians had been duped. From whatsapp group chat where u are asked to drop certain amount and get double after 24hours. Example.. Helpers court. Those ones did that for a while then moved to one quack site that another round of people were duped.
Later people moved to where I called "ghost town ' the mother of all dupeees. Here they deal with big monies. 100k to get 200k. 50k to get 100k. In fact I. Learnt of one just 3days ago. 500k to 1m. Here u pay admin fee. It depends on the amount u want. For instance 50k u pay 10k admin. For 100k u pay 20k admin fee. They do this for two days and u just wake up and the group has been deleted. Many that called friends and relatives got into big economy hardship. Example of this telegram group are 21st century, cremen, instant cash, CCC, RSA etc
Then they moved from that to quack site. Kaynation, and the one that got people crying now is tripleit. Com where u pay 20k and u get 60k. That one function for 3days then come see cry cry for whatsapp group chat.

These guys are syndicate scammers. What they do is that, they call their relatives and friends then they start a group. They get paid and camouflage. They jubilate in different whatsapp groups and social media, then unsuspecting people joined and registered. They get enough of their money and they crash it.

For the telegram, they match u to pay their friends and families without them paying to anybody initially.

These guys doing this are blessed (their thoughts thou) they enjoy with peoples money while most homes are in financial hardship now.
I Will still write extensively on it because I have done enough research on them.
The best is abstinence.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by nbright: 5:36pm On Feb 02, 2017
All these new ponzi schemes
Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by johnmattew: 5:36pm On Feb 02, 2017
what is it with nigerians and ponzi schemes?

Are nigerians this super dumb

I cry for nigerians

1 Like

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by ziccoit: 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2017
Why such a satanic scheme could be announced in church baffles me. Is that part of winning souls for the Holy Spirit? Fraudsters everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by ekems2017(f): 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2017
N.a. wah o! Even in the church? God have mercy.
Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by NameChecker: 5:39pm On Feb 02, 2017
ok
Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by OLLYMAX(m): 5:39pm On Feb 02, 2017
Arrest,But why? 4k to 8k under 24rh. Olopa pls stay clear.

1 Like

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by Trapnews: 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2017
A fool and his money are soon parted undecided

1 Like

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by ziccoit: 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2017
johnmattew:
what is it with nigerians and ponzi schemes?

Are nigerians this super dumb

I cry for nigerians

The question should be, is the church a scam house?

He who steals hasn't sin compare to the one who accommodate him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 02, 2017
Even a doctor is among them. Fake doctor or phd? How come a whole catholic church is involved? The parish priest should be questioned and if possible removed. Did i hear somebody said 'touch not my anointed'? my opinion tho.
Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by Stdaviding(m): 5:42pm On Feb 02, 2017
wHyyyyyyyyyY:
Are Nigerians so lazy that they find it hard to work for their money or they are just being foolish? Why are we so interested in doubling our money without doing nothing? To think the youths are mostly involved in this ponzi thing saddens my heart

Where is the work sir, in this Buhari era, anyway Na way so far it leads to your destination
Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by Benoxvals(m): 5:42pm On Feb 02, 2017
There is more to this story.
Calling on the accused persons to testify..
Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by netflicks(m): 5:42pm On Feb 02, 2017
Well structured story against the church of God.. Be careful!
Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by babseg(m): 5:43pm On Feb 02, 2017
M = MARVODI

M = MOVEMENT of

M = MUGUS, MAGAS

part 2

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by chynie: 5:43pm On Feb 02, 2017
What business are they into?
Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by Pavore9: 5:44pm On Feb 02, 2017
Hmm... Nigerians are becoming addicted to Ponzi schemes by the day!

1 Like

Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by Proffdada: 5:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
Does Catholic Church condone such activities?
But really they are only cashing out on the gullible just like some here on Nairaland that defended MMM vehemently grin
Re: 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme by netflicks(m): 5:48pm On Feb 02, 2017
I feel so sorry for those lieing against churches and planing to kill Christianity in Nigeria.. ..u Can i angrymagine the story....catolic church advising members to go into such schemes...hmmmm some people can. Lie o! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

How The Founder Of MMM Nigeria Mavrodi Was Found And Arrested For Fraud / "How Ponzi Scheme Nearly Ruined My Life And Made Me Lose Over N2million" / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.