Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Can I Adopt As A Single Man? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Adopt As A Single Man? (1803 Views)

Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? / Single Man Throws Himself A Baby Shower As He Awaits The Birth Of His Son / How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by Dexlomo: 8:22pm On Feb 02, 2017
Let me quickly give a synopsis of my life:
I am in my 30s, I hold a Bachelors from Nigeria and a Masters from one of the Western countries. I returned to Nigeria to work after my Masters, worked a couple of years before fleeing the country back to the west. My parents wouldn't let me be and wanted me to get married at all cost and the best I could do was to leave the country for them. I talk to my mom but my dad wouldn't saying except I am ready to do the needful.
I have tried so many things sexually but I think I am not just so into sexuality. I have dated both sexes but find sex very appalling as such, I think getting married would be an unfair act to myself and whosoever I end up with if I do not meet up the person's sexual expectations.
I am matured in all ways, stable mentally and emotionally and I know I have all it takes to raise kids in a home. To this end, I am thinking of adopting a set of twin of school age so that while I go to work in the morning, they will be in school and after school for the few hours left before I return.
I have tried reading through some blogs I found on adoption but not much is said about single persons adopting and I would like to ask on here perhaps I could get help.
Lastly, if you are a lady in your early to mid 30s who is interested in a serious relationship that could head for marriage and not really into the sex scene (I mean you are not crazy about sex and sex is just for the purpose of recreation), please hit me up and we take it up from there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by Agadsman(m): 8:45pm On Feb 02, 2017
hmmm...you have dated both sexes??
well, different strokes for different folks.
I think there are ladies who also hates sex you will definitely find your match.

1 Like

Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by CoolFreeday(m): 9:04pm On Feb 02, 2017
Hmmmmm, interesting
Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by dytbabe: 10:39pm On Feb 02, 2017
Sisisioge ooooo
Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by queentessense(f): 10:50pm On Feb 02, 2017
it's a little difficult for a single parent to adopt kids especially in western countries. ..in Nigeria, with the thriving baby black market you can have a kid within a short time if you can pay for it...it's even easier to get a woman pregnant and have your own kid...do what makes you happy ...marriage or baby, just pursue your happiness

2 Likes

Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by Chomsky1967(f): 10:57pm On Feb 02, 2017
Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by Richy4(m): 11:01pm On Feb 02, 2017
Marriage is not for everyone My brother....I guess u have been westernized bro......And if you talked to your folks that U were not ready for marry today and Divorce tomorrow Drama......Some people back home might look at you as if you were an alien that dropped from the sky....

The bottom line is You....what do you want to do that will make you happy?

If it was an adoption, Then make an enquiry about that....I believe you can adopt in Nigeria if you got cool bank statement and a house...
If you want to marry and make your Family happy even though you will be sad in it...It is still ok....The choice is yours to make.....But I believe in this time and age, No one should be responsible for your happiness but you...

3 Likes

Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by sisisioge: 11:57pm On Feb 02, 2017
dytbabe:
Sisisioge ooooo

grin grin grin

Babes warn yourself! Person wey don sample both men and women for the other room, person wey no understand him sexuality, person wey already know say getting married Na die na him you come dey call me for ! Chai, Biko warn yourself! Se na "not jiving" I dey talk before, this one go be not syncing! Mba! I no do cool

Oga OP, nothing do you, may you be blessed with your match.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by dytbabe: 1:56am On Feb 03, 2017
sisisioge:

grin grin grin

Babes warn yourself! Person wey don sample both men and women for the other room, person wey no understand him sexuality, person wey already know say getting married Na die na him you come dey call me for ! Chai, Biko warn yourself! Se na "not jiving" I dey talk before, this one go be not syncing! Mba! I no do cool

Oga OP, nothing do you, may you be blessed with your match.

I dash you
*stern look*
Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by Dexlomo: 7:21am On Feb 03, 2017
Richy4:
Marriage is not for everyone My brother....I guess u have been westernized bro......And if you talked to your folks that U were not ready for marry today and Divorce tomorrow Drama......Some people back home might look at you as if you were an alien that dropped from the sky....

The bottom line is You....what do you want to do that will make you happy?

If it was an adoption, Then make an enquiry about that....I believe you can adopt in Nigeria if you got cool bank statement and a house...
If you want to marry and make your Family happy even though you will be sad in it...It is still ok....The choice is yours to make.....But I believe in this time and age, No one should be responsible for your happiness but you...

I have outgrown what my family feels. My parents have played their role as helping establish my foot on the solid ground through qualitative education and I am happy with myself. All I want to understand are tips on how to adopt a Nigerian back home as a single person.
Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by Richy4(m): 8:19am On Feb 03, 2017
Dexlomo:

I have outgrown what my family feels. My parents have played their role as helping establish my foot on the solid ground through qualitative education and I am happy with myself. All I want to understand are tips on how to adopt a Nigerian back home as a single person.

That's too simple ...with Google, just type in procedure for adoption in Nigeria.. I hope it helps.... Good luck bro
Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by sisisioge: 10:28am On Feb 03, 2017
dytbabe:

I dash you
*stern look*

No thank yoooou!
Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by aroj05: 11:07am On Feb 03, 2017
Lots of ladies out there aren't crazy about sex especially after giving birth. The options are enormous if you really want to get married to a woman

1 Like

Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2017
Look for a single mom who doesn't like sex. Marry her and adopt her child. Shouldn't be too hard to find one.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
awwww this is really cute
Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by Mskrisx(f): 7:09pm On Feb 06, 2017
Dexlomo:

Bro, don't u think these particular decision of your could make your mum feel worse?

How about freeing yourself from that mental chain of you not satisfying your spouse sexually? Pleas do take some time out and try have a rethink. smiley
Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by Dexlomo: 7:58pm On Feb 06, 2017
Mskrisx:

Bro, don't u think these particular decision of your could make your mum feel worse?

How about freeing yourself from that mental chain of you not satisfying your spouse sexually? Pleas do take some time out and try have a rethink. smiley

If she feels worse, I do not think there is anything I can do in that situation. I have done my best as an individual however, I am still working on myself. If I get a lady who understands and we are able to communicate to the extent of getting to that confident level, I will be glad. I am living in hope that I can transform my life to be the better individual I desire to be.
Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by Mskrisx(f): 12:10am On Feb 07, 2017
[quote author=Dexlomo post=53479466]

If she feels worse, I do not think there is anything I can do in that situation. I have done my best as an individual however, I am still working on myself. If I get a lady who understands and we are able to communicate to the extent of getting to that confident level, I will be glad. I am living in hope that I can transform my life to be the better individual I desire to be.[/quote

U can dear, u can. Just open your mind and promise to give it a shot again...trust me, it will turn out fine smiley

1 Like

Re: Can I Adopt As A Single Man? by jieta: 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2017
Dexlomo:
Let me quickly give a synopsis of my life:
I am in my 30s, I hold a Bachelors from Nigeria and a Masters from one of the Western countries. I returned to Nigeria to work after my Masters, worked a couple of years before fleeing the country back to the west. My parents wouldn't let me be and wanted me to get married at all cost and the best I could do was to leave the country for them. I talk to my mom but my dad wouldn't saying except I am ready to do the needful.
I have tried so many things sexually but I think I am not just so into sexuality. I have dated both sexes but find sex very appalling as such, I think getting married would be an unfair act to myself and whosoever I end up with if I do not meet up the person's sexual expectations.
I am matured in all ways, stable mentally and emotionally and I know I have all it takes to raise kids in a home. To this end, I am thinking of adopting a set of twin of school age so that while I go to work in the morning, they will be in school and after school for the few hours left before I return.
I have tried reading through some blogs I found on adoption but not much is said about single persons adopting and I would like to ask on here perhaps I could get help.
Lastly, if you are a lady in your early to mid 30s who is interested in a serious relationship that could head for marriage and not really into the sex scene (I mean you are not crazy about sex and sex is just for the purpose of recreation), please hit me up and we take it up from there.
so tell me how do you cool off?

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Most Times Before Wives / My Side Chick Just Gave Birth / What Does NO FROST REFRIGERATOR Means?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.