Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

2014 Camry Shuddering - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2014 Camry Shuddering (2434 Views)

Camry 2011 Or 2014 ? / Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? / 2014 Toyota Land Cruiser Armoured : A Review of Gov. Obiano's Offical Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2014 Camry Shuddering by orbis(m): 11:48pm On Feb 02, 2017
My camry shudders and makes vibrating rhythms when i I'm accelerating around 60 and 90km/h. ive tried the diagnostics and they said nothing. someone said its a bad transmission. i read online about issues with this specs. Anyone else with such issues?
Re: 2014 Camry Shuddering by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:10am On Feb 03, 2017
orbis:
My camry shudders and makes vibrating rhythms when i I'm accelerating around 60 and 90km/h. ive tried the diagnostics and they said nothing. someone said its a bad transmission. i read online about issues with this specs. Anyone else with such issues?

Have you tried checking CV joints inner side (major culprit left side)

A simple drive test by a tech should reveal all.
Re: 2014 Camry Shuddering by sultaan(m): 4:20am On Feb 03, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Have you tried checking CV joints inner side (major culprit left side)

A simple drive test by a tech should reveal all.

A 2014 that should still be under warranty?

The question is what kind of indecency has that car gone through from our local engineers, and if it was a salvage
Re: 2014 Camry Shuddering by lonelydora: 5:11am On Feb 03, 2017
2014 Camry? Do you have bad roads in your area?

You may also need to inspect all your 4 tyres.
Re: 2014 Camry Shuddering by orbis(m): 6:50pm On Feb 06, 2017
Its been taken to the toyota guys and they said its a software update on the ecu. Its back from the shop and still makes the same shudder signs. I don tire
Re: 2014 Camry Shuddering by Kashif(m): 10:36pm On Feb 06, 2017
orbis:
Its been taken to the toyota guys and they said its a software update on the ecu. Its back from the shop and still makes the same shudder signs. I don tire

A case of torque converter clutch shudder. The torque converter clutch lock up when commanded, grabs and releases rapidly. Possible causes - bad/wrong ATF, bad clutch (remote), bad solenoid, bad valve. If you have correct ATF, try a friction modifier.

Good luck!

Modified: A way to have a confirmation is to see if this happens at TCC lockup, using a capable scanner.
Re: 2014 Camry Shuddering by orbis(m): 3:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
Kashif:

A case of torque converter clutch shudder. The torque converter clutch lock up when commanded, grabs and releases rapidly. Possible causes - bad/wrong ATF, bad clutch (remote), bad solenoid, bad valve. If you have correct ATF, try a friction modifier.

Good luck!

Modified: A way to have a confirmation is to see if this happens at TCC lockup, using a capable scanner.

Thanks man. Toyota has offered to replace the torque converter at no added cost to me since its a manufacturers defect.
Re: 2014 Camry Shuddering by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:16pm On Feb 08, 2017
orbis:

Thanks man. Toyota has offered to replace the torque converter at no added cost to me since its a manufacturers defect.

shocked which toyota? I'm really interested.

3 Likes

Re: 2014 Camry Shuddering by Kashif(m): 6:44pm On Feb 08, 2017
orbis:

Good. That's where they should have started!
Re: 2014 Camry Shuddering by makavele: 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

shocked which toyota? I'm really interested.

Toyoda Ifako !!!
Re: 2014 Camry Shuddering by Coldplay007(f): 7:42pm On Feb 09, 2017
makavele:

Toyoda Ifako !!!

lol..@ Toyota Ifako Ijaiye.

Gazzuzz. how are things?
Re: 2014 Camry Shuddering by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:25pm On Feb 09, 2017
Coldplay007:

lol..@ Toyota Ifako Ijaiye.

Gazzuzz. how are things?

nah unna hand we de o!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2014 Camry Shuddering by Ricmayak1: 4:48pm On Feb 10, 2017
Check your VVT mechanism. Checkout for detonation and/or pinging and the causes
Re: 2014 Camry Shuddering by Olasubomi2021: 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
orbis:

is the car work ok now. Can I go to any Toyota auto repair centre or local affiliates like Germain Auto in Ikate, Lagos.
Re: 2014 Camry Shuddering by shogz89: 11:02pm On Apr 07
orbis:
Its been taken to the toyota guys and they said its a software update on the ecu. It’s back from the shop and still makes the same shudder signs. I don tire
pls which of the Toyota guyz did you take yours to. I also need the software update as my car hard shift from gear 2 to 3

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Seen The LEXUS LX 570 2019 MODEL? / Mazda Mpv Begins To Overheat Anytime Engage In Reverse / Rear Left Light And The City Metal Emblem Of Honda City 2007 Model Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.