Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Elections Might Be Postponed To August! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections Might Be Postponed To August! (2583 Views)

5 States Where The General Elections Might Be Tough / Bloody / The Presidential Elections Might Not Hold / AD Presidential Candidate Is Dead! Elections might be postponed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elections Might Be Postponed To August! by ono(m): 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2007
Christino:

@
Can u imagine, I was at Ijora Oloye yesterday for a friend's Islamic Wedding and I saw a registeration centre somewhere around only to get there and be told I have to vote in my LGA of residence. I just thanked the guy and walked away.

Now, this is news.
Re: Elections Might Be Postponed To August! by Mariory(m): 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2007
The papers this morning said there was a massive turnout of voters looking to register in some States in the North. When they vote and their own choice surpasses that of yours, are you still going to come here and complain?
Re: Elections Might Be Postponed To August! by Afam(m): 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2007
Mariory:

The papers this morning said there was a massive turnout of voters looking to register in some States in the North. When they vote and their own choice surpasses that of yours, are you still going to come here and complain?

Good point. I hope satellite pictures will not be used to object the votes if similar results are recorded.
Re: Elections Might Be Postponed To August! by azorjiu(m): 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2007
Mariory:

why are we still surprise at the outcome of last year census? when massob was kidnapping census officials during the head-count, did we raise any alarm?. when there was general apathy in the south throughout the exercise, did we raise an eyebrow?

i'm not surprise that northerners are coming out en masse to register for election. they are at least, more politically aware than the south.
Re: Elections Might Be Postponed To August! by kitaun(m): 8:02pm On Jan 23, 2007
Christino:

@ Kit,

Can u imagine, I was at Ijora Oloye yesterday for a friend's Islamic Wedding and I saw a registeration centre somewhere around only to get there and be told I have to vote in my LGA of residence. I just thanked the guy and walked away. Person wey wan commit suicide wey una come give rat poison as xmas gift.

I ain't voting - no matter the threat. I understand they've started threatening people who do not register, na so them do the last time, my voter's card still dey kampe!

EXACTLY WHY WE NEVER GET THINGS RIGHT IN THIS COUNTRY!!! NICE DECISION TO WALK AWAY JARE cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo Students To Present Tax Certificates For Admission / Nigeria Is A Disgrace! / Police Arrest 12 Massob Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.