Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,504 members, 7,816,197 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

g - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / g (2101 Views)

In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month / Iceland: The Next Big Thing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

g by imensah59: 10:54am On Dec 03, 2009
Y
Re: g by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2009
@imensah,

You are a very foolish and stupid ghanian for trying to compare your poverty stricken country with nigeria.

if u must know,i have been to kumasi and other small cities,and those places are nothing to write home about,
you ghanians are just blowing your heads off with the only average city u have which is Accra.
i tell u,u people have just started
Re: g by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2009
mobuch:

@imensah,

You are a very foolish and stupid ghanian for trying to compare your poverty stricken country with nigeria.

if u must know,i have been to kumasi and other small cities,and those places are nothing to write home about,
you ghanians are just blowing your heads off with the only average city u have which is Accra.
i tell u,u people have just started

Ouch! cheesy
Re: g by rhymz(m): 12:50pm On Dec 03, 2009
Well,the only thing This Ghanaian Goon has said that I agree with is the fact that a lot of Nigerians are more comfortable bad mouthing their own country than giving solution.
I remember my encounter with 'Kobojunkie',his anti Nigeria opinion was just apalling,it came to a point I resorted to raining abuses on the Junky.I mean to think some Nigerians(most of the times Diasporans) can make very stupid statements about their own country says very little of the pple.
Ghanaians are a jealous bunch,I remember how I shut one of em up in a thread here trying to do thesame shit.
Fact is,Ghana is too small to talk where Nigeria talks,the size of the economy is just abt the size of Lagos economy.I am yet to see any major break through in Ghana to make them beat their chest in pride.Even though Ghanaa is just about the size of Kano,they ve just about thesame problem that Nigeria has,the difference is they are making progress while naija is retrogressing. But as a ppl they can't say they are better of than Nigerians in all ramifications.
I can spend the whole day highlighting what is not right in Ghana but at the end of the Day what would I ve achieved?Nigeria even in its present comatose stage is still way bigger than Ghana in economics of scale and revenue generation,at best Ghana can compete with Lagos in terms of economy of scale generated revenue not the whole of Nigeria.If a South African was making this statement I would ve agreed to a large extent because they ve got both the economy of scale,revenue and the population to compete but minute Ghana? That's like killing a fly with a machine gun,there's no need to compete,it's suicidal and unfair to Ghana.
Re: g by londoner: 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2009
Poster, I was in Ghana last month with my BF who lives there and is Ghanaian. The place is ok and I liked the people, but I have to be honest Ghana is waaaaaaayyyyy overated. I didn't see the whole fuss that people often go on about. I went to Accra, Kumasi and Cape coast.

Myself and my Bf also went to Abuja, trust me he could not get his jaw off the ground, lol.
Re: g by rhymz(m): 1:48pm On Dec 03, 2009
@Londoner
Why do U sound so much like we ve been on thesame thread about this kinda Topic before?
I remember U,U were the one that Ghanaian guy was flirting with. . . .what's his name again. . .Oh yes,Abranti or sth similar. . . Hmmm. . . i see U got Urself a Charlie,just be careful with em skin Dudu,Fugly Ghanaian boys,most of em are fuckin insecure when they see Nigerians.
Re: g by londoner: 2:03pm On Dec 03, 2009
Rhymz, we have been in the same kind of thread. I agree that many Ghanaian men are insecure around Nigerian men, but my man is ok. He has alot of Nigerian friends.

I just think we should not start tooting horns like the OP. Whichever way you look at it Ghana, along with Nigeria is still a long way from where it should be. Although I do agree that the systems in Ghana seem to be working to a mor consistent degree than Nigeria, but then Ghana is a very small population. I was in Ghana for about three weeks and there was light off often as well as generators in some businesses. Although not on the same scale as Nigeria. There was also a problem with water supply in Accra, just like there is in some places in Nigeria. I saw many of the same setbacks in Ghana as Nigeria, even if on a different scale, but that is to be expected.

If the OP thinks where Ghana is today is the pinnacle, then her/his sights are set far too low.
Re: g by rhymz(m): 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2009
londoner:

Rhymz, we have been in the same kind of thread. I agree that many Ghanaian men are insecure around Nigerian men, but my man is ok. He has alot of Nigerian friends.

I just think we should not start tooting horns like the OP. Whichever way you look at it Ghana, along with Nigeria is still a long way from where it should be. Although I do agree that the systems in Ghana seem to be working to a mor consistent degree than Nigeria, but then Ghana is a very small population. I was in Ghana for about three weeks and there was light off often as well as generators in some businesses. Although not on the same scale as Nigeria. There was also a problem with water supply in Accra, just like there is in some places in Nigeria. I saw many of the same setbacks in Ghana as Nigeria, even if on a different scale, but that is to be expected.

If the OP thinks where Ghana is today is the pinnacle, then her/his sights are set far too low.

Re: g by rhymz(m): 4:21pm On Dec 03, 2009
londoner:

I agree with U 101%,U know there's a saying that goes: in the Land of whores the beauty queen is usually a LovePeddler as well!I don't know why little achievements should intoxicate Ghanaians to even start boast shit!Africa is poor no doubt and it's stupid for em charlie boys to use Nigeria as a yardstick to measure their little strides.
It's just annoying when some pinhead Ghanaians with no clew to anything come out to spew garbage about Naija 4rm their guts in order to conceal their own inadequacies and inferiority complex.
Ghana is a little different from Nigeria that is what I try always to kick into them freaking numbskulls each time they come out with their rantings.My Mum and her Siblings grew up in Ghana,Accra to be precise,they speak ashanti very well.Up till this day,when she wants to relate serious family matter they don't want us to know about we are around, she just switch to ashanti.Even their food 'Kenke' she does it for us to eat even though I personally do not like it coz of the fried pepper.She has never one day said anything bad about Ghanaians.My only ghanaian friend,Gabriel Yankey Back in Sec sch used to be very close to my family, my mum esp becoz he was Ghanaian.We even made jokes abt our countries and tribes,I remember he used to call me Omo Ibo(he speaks Yoruba fluently) and I will call him Charlie Omo Ghana or Skin dUDU.IT was all fun,no deliberate corny jokes or stupid rancid remarks to ridicule anyone's country or family.But these new set of cocky Ghanaians are just pure losers and Douchebags,they like to beat their chest over nothing.I would rather stay here in Lagos than live anywhere in Ghana,what's da difference,not to even talk of their bad currency,U can buy pure water with 5000 cedis and stuf.Rubbish!
Re: g by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 03, 2009
The system might be working/progressing in Ghana

But in terms of development, Ghana is overrated like Londoner said. I was dissappointment undecided

I have been there, even a Ghanian told me you can never compare Abuja with Accra talkless of Lagos,

Lagos is just kinda rough
Re: g by OneNaija(m): 10:44pm On Dec 03, 2009
I wonder why some peoples come here to talk about Ghana, Stop fooling yourself there is no stable Electricity here in Ghana. In my place I live it is very bad when they size the light like five time a days. Development is no where to compare to Calabar or Lagos and even compare to Abuja. I hate bad mouth come here to compare we Nigerians to Ghanaian. Forget this Ghanaian please.
Re: g by KunleA2(m): 4:46am On Dec 04, 2009
I beg to disagree. I am a Nigerian 100%. However, i was in Ghana for 2 months (Sept and Oct. 2009). I stayed in Accra (Dansoman Area).
While its true that not all places are glam like Abuja or Lagos, however, what makes it different is that things are working. There are far better roads in Accra than Lagos. Electricity is fairly stable ( I can count on how many times it went out during my stay).

Everytime there is a power outage, it never crosses my mind that we will sleep in darkness at night. Usually, it will be restored by nitetime. Only once, it went out till around midnight. Most houses don't have generators.

There is also water. Most houses dont have boreholes like Lagos.

The biggest thing Ghana has going for it? SECURITY!!. There are some cases of robbery but i can tell you that its not bad at all. We were at the beach till around 8pm and people are still there when we left.

We need to call a spade a spade. The mechanism than runs Ghana is much better than Nigeria! Plain and simple.

The university dont shut down for a whole year!. The people are well laid back and are not all trying to get in your pocket all the time (Though some do)

The public office works very decent. They take their job more serious than Nigerians!. That i know! You find a lot of foreigners in Ghana than Naija considering that its only 25million people

Ghanaians are very proud of their country. About 95% of the vehicles in Ghana have a Ghanaian flag inside them!

As much as i dont want to get into the Nigeria/Ghana bashing, it will be nice to speak the truth at least once.
Re: g by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 04, 2009
@ Kunle-A

So what if ghanian vehicles have their flags on their number plates,?look at your myopic sense of reasoning.

Did they tell you that Nigerian Vehicles dont have nigerian flag on their number plates?
Re: g by rhymz(m): 8:47am On Dec 04, 2009
Kunle-A:

I beg to disagree. I am a Nigerian 100%. However, i was in Ghana for 2 months (Sept and Oct. 2009). I stayed in Accra (Dansoman Area).
While its true that not all places are glam like Abuja or Lagos, however, what makes it different is that things are working. There are far better roads in Accra than Lagos. Electricity is fairly stable ( I can count on how many times it went out during my stay).

Everytime there is a power outage, it never crosses my mind that we will sleep in darkness at night. Usually, it will be restored by nitetime. Only once, it went out till around midnight. Most houses don't have generators.

There is also water. Most houses dont have boreholes like Lagos.

The biggest thing Ghana has going for it? SECURITY!!. There are some cases of robbery but i can tell you that its not bad at all. We were at the beach till around 8pm and people are still there when we left.

We need to call a spade a spade. The mechanism than runs Ghana is much better than Nigeria! Plain and simple.

The university dont shut down for a whole year!. The people are well laid back and are not all trying to get in your pocket all the time (Though some do)

The public office works very decent. They take their job more serious than Nigerians!. That i know! You find a lot of foreigners in Ghana than Naija considering that its only 25million people

Ghanaians are very proud of their country. About 95% of the vehicles in Ghana have a Ghanaian flag inside them!

As much as i dont want to get into the Nigeria/Ghana bashing, it will be nice to speak the truth at least once.
it is obvious that U saw this thread didn't bother to read through,U just jumped and started typing mumbo jumbo.
The Fact is both Nigeria and ghana are still underdeveloped and ghana pales in comparison to any developed country,so why are the idiots ranting.Guy abeg read before U go dey beh like spring,U no be small pikin.Ghana has just abt thesame problem Nigeria has, from power problem to infrastural problem so make them shut up their mouth.U wey dey say make we talk the truth,she Ur brain dey Ur leg abi any1 don deny say we no get problem,dis Kunle guy U be 4ck up guy true U brain na rubber.
Re: g by KunleA2(m): 8:50am On Dec 04, 2009
mobuch:

@ Kunle-A

So what if ghanian vehicles have their flags on their number plates,?look at your myopic sense of reasoning.

Did they tell you that Nigerian Vehicles dont have nigerian flag on their number plates?

It not just a matter of the flags dude. Its the sense of pride they exude for being Ghanaian. The flags are willingly hanged by the motorists not being "forced down their throat" by being on the license plates. There is a difference. People wear shirts and wears proudly with their country's color. You need to see them to realize the difference in their sense of pride.

Do you want to compare their schools too? Have you heard of their school closing down for a whole year? They take their future seriously if you ask me.
Re: g by KunleA2(m): 9:00am On Dec 04, 2009
rhymz:

it is obvious that U saw this thread didn't bother to read through,U just jumped and started typing mumbo jumbo.
The Fact is both Nigeria and ghana are still underdeveloped and ghana pales in comparison to any developed country,so why are the idiots ranting.Guy abeg read before U go dey beh like spring,U no be small pikin.Ghana has just abt thesame problem Nigeria has, from power problem to infrastural problem so make them shut up their mouth.U wey dey say make we talk the truth,she your brain dey your leg abi any1 don deny say we no get problem,dis Kunle guy U be 4ck up guy true U brain na rubber.

Your reply smell immaturity. Plain and simple. And i doubt if you have been in Ghana before. There is a reason a lot of our guys are attending school in Ghana. You are definately too young to remember when Nigerian schools are full of Ghanaian teachers. I went to school then. They have a way more better work ethics and discipline than Nigerians.

Do you know why Michelin (or Dunlop) moved out of Nigeria to Ghana? Keep arguing blindly. You be small pikin. undecided
Re: g by rhymz(m): 9:35am On Dec 04, 2009
Kunle,
U wey dey mature see as U dey yan like an illiterate in a beer parlour.
If U bothered to read the OP's post U will understand why I made those comments to U.Some of U diasporans have a way of standing aloof in issues of development,U re so comfortable making unneccessary complaints and passing the bulk of the problems to the government.What ve U, as a citizen done to better the situation of this country than type gibberish from Ur comfort zone in Cali and cause more damage.
The arguement is not whether Ghana is doing well than Nigeria or not,my own is why are Ghanaians so insecure that they always feel the need to disrespect Nigerians in order to make themselves feel good.Or do U expect Nigerians to start crying to the OP like U about the problems of Nigeria.Nobody here is arguing that at this stage Nigeria is in the right direction or we are better than Ghana in all ramification.Who cares what happens in Ghana as long as they don't make stupid remarks about Nigeria in order to make Ghana feel and look Good.
Like I told U before,read through before U go dey beh like a boiling stew,U no be small pikin with Ur big pot belly,I shouldn't be the one to teach U about Patriotism maybe if U read the OP's insulting post U will learn it the hard way.
Re: g by rhymz(m): 9:55am On Dec 04, 2009
Kunle-A:

It not just a matter of the flags dude. Its the sense of pride they exude for being Ghanaian. The flags are willingly hanged by the motorists not being "forced down their throat" by being on the license plates. There is a difference. People wear shirts and wears proudly with their country's color. You need to see them to realize the difference in their sense of pride.

Do you want to compare their schools too? Have you heard of their school closing down for a whole year? They take their future seriously if you ask me.
See how U double speak,in one breath U condemn Ur own country, ready to bring it to the alter of ridicule for the Ghanaians to ve fun with and in another breath thesame U, re accusing Nigerians of not being proud of Nigeria,what a hypocrite.U are a bi-polar Man! I can bet U don't even have any trace of green white green in Ur own car.Typical of Ur sect,so eager to highlight all that's wrong in the system but pales in the face when it comes to action.
U re a pure armchair critic,U talk the talk but dreads to work the work.
Re: g by flekan(m): 10:57am On Dec 04, 2009
@rhymz

You said it all.

@imensah59

Why ridicule another country because you want to praise yours, we all know the problems in Nigeria. No be for a Ghanaian (slowpoke) mouth like you them suppose hear teacher mama die. So, go Bleep yourself
Re: g by leye1234(m): 11:37am On Dec 04, 2009

Am on your side on that one.
Re: g by KunleA2(m): 2:22pm On Dec 04, 2009
rhymz:

See how U double speak,in one breath U condemn your own country, ready to bring it to the alter of ridicule for the Ghanaians to ve fun with and in another breath thesame U, re accusing Nigerians of not being proud of Nigeria,what a hypocrite.U are a bi-polar Man! I can bet U don't even have any trace of green white green in your own car.Typical of your sect,so eager to highlight all that's wrong in the system but pales in the face when it comes to action.
U re a pure armchair critic,U talk the talk but dreads to work the work.

This is the problem with Nigeria. Why are we so adamant in recognizing our problem? The first step in solving a problem is recognizing it!. It has nothing to do with either shameful/proud of being a Nigerian. Why can't we highlight whats good about others and try to emulate?

Facts are facts. Or is patriotism equals being blind to the facts too? I need a lot to learn then, Mr. Rhymz!
Re: g by rhymz(m): 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2009
Kunle-A:

This is the problem with Nigeria. Why are we so adamant in recognizing our problem? The first step in solving a problem is recognizing it!. It has nothing to do with either shameful/proud of being a Nigerian. Why can't we highlight whats good about others and try to emulate?

Facts are facts. Or is patriotism equals being blind to the facts too? I need a lot to learn then, Mr. Rhymz!
Mr Kunle
Why have U chosen not read the Cocky Ghanaians Post,if U do,U will understand what we are we talking about.
In Fact,if there are any Citizens that re quick to list out the problem of her country,it's Nigerians,so U re totally wrong,if U go to the politics section of NL,it' s evidenced there 4rm ppl's posts.Besides the OP did not set out to discuss issues but to ridicule her which I strongly object to.Read the OP's post first then comment that's all I ask Mr kunle
Re: g by londoner: 12:16am On Dec 05, 2009
Ghanaian society is showing signs of becoming more lawless by the day. They are now going into sakawa (419), blood money and I did hear stories of robberies and the like.

Generally it is more safe than places like Lagos, Aba maybe port harcourt. But to be honest it is no more safe than places like Abuja, Jos and Calabar when it comes to certain crimes. I would say some of these places are safer in fact.

Ghana is a very small place, and many countries surrounding it are even more peaceful and have even less of those problems than Ghana to be honest. When all is said and done, they are basing their supposed superiority on Nigeria's obvious set backs. Let them compare their society with others who are also doing well politically, socially etc. I agree they have more pride in their country because unlike with Nigerians it is not a national pastime to obssess over negatives.
Ghana has made strides in some areas like education, but thats no cause to shout against another country, they are also clamouring to go to school in the country of another man.Even if not Nigeria.

One thing I did notice about Ghana is that they are slowly selling the gains of their country to foreigners. They dont seem to feature in their own sectors in any great way. Whether banking,telecoms etc. Its almost as if they pride themselves on the way "obroni" has taken hold in their country without even realising that they are not playing a major part in their own industries. I found that sad.
Re: g by rhymz(m): 8:18am On Dec 05, 2009
londoner:

Ghanaian society is showing signs of becoming more lawless by the day. They are now going into sakawa (419), blood money and I did hear stories of robberies and the like.

Generally it is more safe than places like Lagos, Aba maybe port harcourt. But to be honest it is no more safe than places like Abuja, Jos and Calabar when it comes to certain crimes. I would say some of these places are safer in fact.

Ghana is a very small place, and many countries surrounding it are even more peaceful and have even less of those problems than Ghana to be honest. When all is said and done, they are basing their supposed superiority on Nigeria's obvious set backs. Let them compare their society with others who are also doing well politically, socially etc. I agree they have more pride in their country because unlike with Nigerians it is not a national pastime to obssess over negatives.
Ghana has made strides in some areas like education, but thats no cause to shout against another country, they are also clamouring to go to school in the country of another man.Even if not Nigeria.

One thing I did notice about Ghana is that they are slowly selling the gains of their country to foreigners. They dont seem to feature in their own sectors in any great way. Whether banking,telecoms etc. Its almost as if they pride themselves on the way "obroni" has taken hold in their country without even realising that they are not playing a major part in their own industries. I found that sad.

U just made my Day!!
Nobody could have said it any better.
Re: g by rhymz(m): 8:22am On Dec 05, 2009
londoner:

U just made my Day!!
Nobody could have said it any better.
Re: g by SeanT21(f): 10:56am On Dec 05, 2009
Ghana is definitely an awesome country. Lived there for 2 weeks and had the best time of my life. Hopefully, I will be schooling at the University of Ghana when I am done here with my Bachelors. It was on the list of best African universities..
Re: g by justwise(m): 11:14am On Dec 05, 2009
SeanT21:

Ghana is definitely an awesome country. [b]Lived there for 2 weeks and had the best time of my life. Hopefully, I will be schooling at the University of Ghana when I am done here with my Bachelors. It was on the list of best African universities..[/b]

Just 2wks? and u jumping for joy? Strange.
Re: g by SeanT21(f): 11:19am On Dec 05, 2009
justwise:

Look, I have families living all over there. My step daddy(RIP) was Ghanaian. I read news about the place and its all positive. Strange or not?? That is your problem..
Re: g by rhymz(m): 11:24am On Dec 05, 2009
justwise:

U dey mind the pikin wey never see the better side of Life.U travel go Ghana,stay for Ur Aunty house there for 2wks come conclude say it's eldorado,Onuku! If this kind one go Yanky e go die the nxt day of excitement. . . Scheeew!!
Re: g by SeanT21(f): 11:31am On Dec 05, 2009
rhymz:

U dey mind the pikin wey never see the better side of Life.U travel go Ghana,stay for your Aunty house there for 2wks come conclude say it's eldorado,Onuku! If this kind one go Yanky e go die the nxt day of excitement. . . Scheeew!!

Whatever floats your boat. By the way, I live in Yankee.
Re: g by justwise(m): 11:36am On Dec 05, 2009
SeanT21:

Look, I have families living all over there. My step daddy(RIP) was Ghanaian. I read news about the place and its all positive. Strange or not?? That is your problem..

Visiting for 2wks is far from living there as a business man or working there for yrs.

U can't even draw conclusion based on 2months experience let alone 2wks.

What planet are u living on?
Re: g by rhymz(m): 11:48am On Dec 05, 2009
SeanT21:

Nne stop vibrating biko!! if I took U from one hole in Ghana to one the houses in VGC in Nigeria and then take U around some hot spots like Silvebird Galleria on the island wont U conclude that Nigeria is a beautiful country? does that mean it's the real situation everywhere? I am an igbo guy and I have very strong ties to there too.My mum and her siblings were born and bred in Ghana,they all speak ashanti even now that most of them have relocated to different part of the world,her youngest brother still has his whole family in Accra,many of my Uncle do business in ghana,they live and work there,they will tell U the realities in Ghana.I remember how one of them once told me that electricity was not uninterrupted as they Ghanaians claim,I was shocked because until that time I used to believe those Charlie boys,bunch of lying braggarts.
So Nne,cool down,U went there as a visiting tourist and they showed U the part of Ghana where visting tourists are allowed to see.Ghana is a little different from Nigeria,FULL STOP!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Information I Got About O. R. Tambo International Airport South Africa. / Please Help Suggest An Airline That Travels From Abuja To Kano / Relocating To Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.