Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University (24928 Views)

Covenant University Ranks 91st Best University Amongst Emerging Economies / Top 10 Best University Campuses In Nigeria / The Easiest And The Best University To Study Medicine In Nigeria (modified) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by MrSly(m): 9:07am On Feb 05, 2017
mat2d6boi:
o ma shey oooooo.... OAU is it good like dis? ah! I wonder the numerous number of years this guy would have used to process OAU admission but end up disappointed that made him make a write up like dis to do all he can to defame OAU as a result of the frustration and hatred. sorry ooo, Mr awe president , ar u now coping in the national open university am sure u are due to all the rejection of your admission by OAU
Dumbs and spoilt children that sort their ways through versity are now forming to look down on national open university students. Are you sure u re smarter than most NOUN students? Comment carefully to avoid being intimidated to your own shame.

1 Like

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Lanre90(m): 9:10am On Feb 05, 2017
bhankyskillz:

You seem to be intellectually impaired. A rejectee is someone who has been rejected. You claimed to have gotten admission into the school at your first attempt. It sounds like you opted not to enroll as a student of OAU. If that's the case how can you be an OAU REJECTEE if the school didn't reject you. Me calling you an OAU REJECT is a coined banter phrase.
haha haha haha... Me too using dear instead of dare.. Which was just a typo... Is also a coined phrase
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by zeekeyboy: 9:17am On Feb 05, 2017
E pain am!!!!!!!! grin..........@ bhankyskillz
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by djmask(m): 9:19am On Feb 05, 2017
MrAwePresident:
6.OAU is not so beautiful

The living quarters for students is unliviable
A whole university of about 30,000 students admitting around 5,000 per year can't afford to maintain their hostels.
No one should be blinded by external beauty alone.
The rooms decided for only 2 people are now accommodating 12 - 20 people. Thats not an exaggeration, visit the rooms at night and you will clearly see for yourself, this is party due to the extreme high cost of living outside campus.

The toilets is nothing to write about it's just unbelievable how humans live like that and don't do anything about it
The hostels are crowded; the architecture and design is beautiful. The academic area nko? The structures are innovative and a grade. Oau is a beautiful school with brilliant plan. The maintenance has fault but nonetheless the landscape and structures are awesome.

5 Likes

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by djmask(m): 9:22am On Feb 05, 2017
MrAwePresident:
5.OAU is a Cheap University is an illusion

School fees is cheap but housing is extremely expensive
Cost of housing is averagely about 5 times the cost of school fees

Sometimes cheap things can be bad things
You get into your lab ready for practical and they tell you one thing or two have finished and thus no practicals or you raise money amongst yourselves to get the reageant.

As A social entrepreneur it can be depressing
The students here have a mentality of either cheap or free ,that's why the social life is dead.
If an enterprising student wishes to bring an entertainer like Olamide, he must be wise about the timing. Many times have come when organizers clash with students because of price, the students organise themselves to forcefully enter your shows without paying a dime samething happens when you organise parties.

The tuition fees are cheap compared to other schools. The hostel fees are affordable unless you buy from fellow students. I understand your criticism... It's highly welcome for there to be a change in management. But you need to know that even in this present time we hold sway and no past glory here

2 Likes

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by djmask(m): 9:26am On Feb 05, 2017
MrAwePresident:
3.Size of The University
Everyone is blinded by the so called beauty of the school that they don't see the size of the school as a challenge.
The distance one has to travel from hostel to the lecture theatres is unbelievable. No university in Nigeria is as big as this one. By the time you are done trekking and finally got to the lecture theatre, in between the lecture you will begin to doze off no matter how hard you try to fight it you most doze.

If you choose to bike up and down it won't be long your finances will run out.
if you have been privileged to the design of the school, you will know it has no rival. The sheer size is a plus and advantage to the school. Many projects can be executed including an airport and there will be enough space. Infact it's an ideal University and will be in the forefront when Nigerians reembrace agriculture because it has enough land to practically teach students

2 Likes

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by djmask(m): 9:32am On Feb 05, 2017
MrAwePresident:
1.Academic Calendar
OAU is constantly changing it's calendar, due to unforeseen circumstances. Fresh students that are admitted into the school today will have to wait for another whole year before they are matriculated. No student can predict their date of graduation nor matriculation in OAU unlike private universities.

2.Strikes Strikes and more strikes
OAU is the renowned king of strikes.
Everybody strikes,
ASUU AKA LECTURERS STRIKES
NASU AKA NON ACADEMICS STAFF STRIKES(, lab attendants, secretaries etc meaning no practicals , no clearances to be attended to. )
SUG AKA STUDENTS STRIKE

At the slightest provocation in this university, the next thing they resort to is strike indefinitely.

If you are looking forward to learning something part time, then this school will always create time for you to learn it in form of strikes.
Note that the average graduate will spend 5-10 years in this university irrespective if you are doing a 4 years course.

To be continued soon...
it's unfortunate that you that sounded educated and a thinker have decided to join the bandwagon to embrace this wrong stereotype of Great Ìfẹ́. Am a living example that oau does not waste anyone's time. University is not a place where u rush in and rush out. You need to be Soaked academically and come out dripping of intellectualism. I signed for four years in oau and I spent 4 year. From March 2010 to may 2014. Change your mind about this falsehood. No student has exceeded the number of years he or she signed for.

3 Likes

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by djmask(m): 9:38am On Feb 05, 2017
MrAwePresident:
8.OAU is for labelling and culture.

How many patents can OAU boast of...? Especially in recent years?

That should be the true yard stick for measuring a Great University

The curriculum is not designed to teach you anything except labels like 2.1,2.2 etc
Upon graduation from this school you will discover that you are in no way equipt with the skills that fit in the work place.
The school only focuses on grading papers and type of grade.

Lemme tell you a true story
A particular year while I was an undergraduate
11 students of the department of elect elect as at PART 4 / 400L
Where on the path of first class
Do you know what the lectures did?
Instead of them too congratulate them, the department sabotaged their IT results

IT takes 9 - 15 units. Imagine someone scoring D or E in internship

At last only 2 graduated with a first class

Have you met any Great ife student? We are not chaff. Maybe you have met only the drop outs and those who couldn't cope and struggled to finish. I learned a lot in oau. In fact I learnt how to think properly in that school. My ideas of life and living changed in that school. I will never have been able to be free like I am now if I never attended that citadel of learning
Stop beefing and bring out critical point to tackle the school not just hearsay and stereotype that connotes hatred

3 Likes

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by chiwuike20: 9:39am On Feb 05, 2017
Oau graduates are not employable. This fact stands out. Check for Oau graduates in any institution and you will come up with personal data. It will be difficult to deny data compiled yourself
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by djmask(m): 9:50am On Feb 05, 2017
MrAwePresident:
9a Grading system
Because of the importance of this point I will break it down into 3 parts

OAU as at first year in the University, especially if you are a tech student will give you 5 unit courses.
Most first year students won't understand the importance of the units of a course until it's too late.
Most first year students will spend more time preparing for a 1 unit course than they will spend on a 5 unit course because they don't fully understand the concept of units.
Once they fail or score low in a 5 unit course there GP will need extra effort to recover.
Unlike Unilag that have 3 units as the highest number of units for a first year.

9b.
When a student fails a course.
The F will be calculated in the GP, Even if they retake the course and score an A. The effect of the A will be like the effect of a C on their CGPA.

U. I doesn't calculate F in your GP

9c
Nobody has any idea how scripts are marked or even marked at all.
You can read and write all the answers you believe are the right answers but low and behold they will provide one with a surprising score and you dare not complain
this grading system is tough so that you will come out with an iron clad certificate. Oau graduates are respected nationally

2 Likes

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 05, 2017
djmask:
Have you met any Great ife student? We are not chaff. Maybe you have met only the drop outs and those who couldn't cope and struggled to finish. I learned a lot in oau. In fact I learnt how to think properly in that school. My ideas of life and living changed in that school. I will never have been able to be free like I am now if I never attended that citadel of learning
Stop beefing and bring out critical point to tackle the school not just hearsay and stereotype that connotes hatred

Thank you!!! As somebody that has "tasted" 3 universities, I can attest to this.

1 Like

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by davidif: 10:13am On Feb 05, 2017
Victoryissure:
Op is just a pained ass dude. I can bet that op was given that advice he couldn't reject (advise to withdraw) or he graduauted with a CGPA that requires a compound microscope, sorry electron microscope, to view.
I understand op's frustration probably he wasn't resilient enough. He couldn't survive so he has to be eliminated (theory of natural selection).
Yes! OAU students/staff protest to demand for their right and that right things should be done and in most cases lead to strike. Remenber, "the man dies in you if you keep silent in the face of tyranny". Despite the strikes I spent 6 yrs 7 mths for a six-session course which also takes an average of 6yrs 6mths in a 'strikeless' uni like unilorin.
Nairalanders should be wary of half-truths and half-lies

Wait what?!?!?!?!??!?! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Wow!!!!! and here you are here defending the school instead of objectively looking at his opinions and analyzing them? Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by davidif: 10:22am On Feb 05, 2017
Jaymaxxy:

So, you want a situation where the school hostel will be right beside your departmental building abi? Bro, you only criticised Great Ife for having adequate planning. In a normal school environment, the hostel shouldn't be where the theatres would be.

And what exactly is wrong with that? Chai! Naija mentality sef. Go abroad and you would see how schools are designed and how compact and organized some of them are. Na only in Naija you guys would defend the indefensible.

3 Likes

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by davidif: 10:22am On Feb 05, 2017
decatalyst:
You must be a pained bro!

I don't understand why the hatred cuts so deep into you like this...guaee its some kind of complex

Move on bro, there is always success around the corner for everyone regardless of whether you attend school or not.

Take heart tongue tongue

How dare someone have an opinion different from yours?

1 Like

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by davidif: 10:24am On Feb 05, 2017
mat2d6boi:
o ma shey oooooo.... OAU is it good like dis? ah! I wonder the numerous number of years this guy would have used to process OAU admission but end up disappointed that made him make a write up like dis to do all he can to defame OAU as a result of the frustration and hatred. sorry ooo, Mr awe president , ar u now coping in the national open university am sure u are due to all the rejection of your admission by OAU

Why are you attempting to defend the indefensible?
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by davidif: 10:28am On Feb 05, 2017
bhankyskillz:

You seem to be intellectually impaired. A rejectee is someone who has been rejected. You claimed to have gotten admission into the school at your first attempt. It sounds like you opted not to enroll as a student of OAU. If that's the case how can you be an OAU REJECTEE if the school didn't reject you. Me calling you an OAU REJECT is a coined banter phrase.

How dare someone have an opinion different from yours? How dare they? angry angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by customised87: 10:31am On Feb 05, 2017
MrAwePresident:
9a Grading system
Because of the importance of this point I will break it down into 3 parts

OAU as at first year in the University, especially if you are a tech student will give you 5 unit courses.
Most first year students won't understand the importance of the units of a course until it's too late.
Most first year students will spend more time preparing for a 1 unit course than they will spend on a 5 unit course because they don't fully understand the concept of units.
Once they fail or score low in a 5 unit course there GP will need extra effort to recover.
Unlike Unilag that have 3 units as the highest number of units for a first year.

9b.
When a student fails a course.
The F will be calculated in the GP, Even if they retake the course and score an A. The effect of the A will be like the effect of a C on their CGPA.

U. I doesn't calculate F in your GP

9c
Nobody has any idea how scripts are marked or even marked at all.
You can read and write all the answers you believe are the right answers but low and behold they will provide one with a surprising score and you dare not complain

This point proves why a First class student of UI or Unilag will be a 2:1 student in OAU.

3 Likes

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by PrinzEleju: 11:10am On Feb 05, 2017
As a post-graduate student of OAU,I think the op has many points there.For instance,many of the professors are lazy,and conditions for its award are just not standard enough.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Vcojuro: 11:12am On Feb 05, 2017
mat2d6boi:

Oga what the op wrote is true except you want to deceive people.

Check the the of students squatting at awo and Angola hall.

Look at the toilet facilities.

Overcrowded booc and 1000 seater lecture theatre.

Reagents at chemistry lab in white house and yellow house.

Cost of transportation is much infact by the time you trek from awo or Angola to booc, you are already tired and dozing in class .

Fees for freshers are too much, the least paying department is paying nothing less than 92000 naira acceptance fees inclusive and also excluding other registration fees.

1 Like

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by PrinzEleju: 11:13am On Feb 05, 2017
As a post-graduate student of OAU,I think the op has many points there.For instance,many of the professors are lazy,and conditions for the award of professorship are just not standard enough.

1 Like

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 05, 2017
I can't really comprehend why the OP seem so consumed with hatred for what he termed his alma matter. Most of his point are either concocted or exaggerated. For instance, the proximity of hall of residence to lecture theatre. One of the attraction in the university is the ease of life within the campus, and this is boosted by the proximity of hall of residence to lecture theatre. An average OAU student shuttle between class to lecture room several times daily without stress. The school is reputed as one of the most planned in the country, that is why hall of residence is situated strategically, yet separately from lecture theater but still provide easy assessiblity. On the question of strike and time wasting, your position is over exaggerated. I got admitted to the university in january 2011, and yet those who ran a four year course still graduated in march 2015, despite a six months nationwide ASUU strike and two internal crisis that lead to school closure. That is four years and three months. A strikeless unilorin could hardly do better. The most outrageous of your point is your attempt at painting OAU as a violent university where jungle justice prevail, and I am beginning to doubt if you really pass through the university. Anyone who pass through OAU will no doubt be attracted to the cool atmosphere of the university and cultured behaviour of the student. OAU remain a university with zero cultism.

1 Like

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Vcojuro: 11:19am On Feb 05, 2017
mat2d6boi:
hello my fellas in the room, pls don't be misinformed by a fellow who is judging this university(OAU) on sentiment, it may be that he has some complicated issues during his time in the university caused by himself or the management. Dis is because I can't even figure out how a person proudly graduated from the uni then finally come out to blacklist, defame and tarnish the image of his university. then what should he be proud of if he can sit down to make a 'itchy' write up like this about his alma mater to the world; I don't think that is sensible or realistic. please my fellas, room members let's all judge with clarity and lucidity and steer clear of unnecessary .......
for me , to be sincere , I know that currently OAU is not the best uni in 9ja due to some challenges faced by her but I want you to know that OAU have been rated the best university so many times. Also, it's normal for things to fluctuate and I see the little fall of OAU as due to the competition of other universities which OAU hasn't realised. but....am very sure dat dis OAU I know will get back to its first position, i believe.
#notsentimental
#greatestIFE

He is saying the fact except you don't want to believe it.

All his points are valid go to block 6 room 208 and see for yourself.

Go to chemistry part 1 lab and see contaminated and old reagents.

Go to 1000 lt early in the morning and see students offering 101 and 102

See the way they are standing.

1 Like

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by MMMscam: 11:35am On Feb 05, 2017
MrAwePresident:
5.OAU is a Cheap University is an illusion

School fees is cheap but housing is extremely expensive
Cost of housing is averagely about 5 times the cost of school fees

Sometimes cheap things can be bad things
You get into your lab ready for practical and they tell you one thing or two have finished and thus no practicals or you raise money amongst yourselves to get the reageant.

As A social entrepreneur it can be depressing
The students here have a mentality of either cheap or free ,that's why the social life is dead.
If an enterprising student wishes to bring an entertainer like Olamide, he must be wise about the timing. Many times have come when organizers clash with students because of price, the students organise themselves to forcefully enter your shows without paying a dime samething happens when you organise parties.

OAU housing is costly shocked. Maybe you drank too much beer and you don't know what you're saying again. Spent 4 years in that school, and I lived at the quarters all through, road 7C House **. It cost me about 25K per year and living in quarters was way expensive than hostel. No diss intended but the "poor boys" lived in hostels (angola, faj, awo etc), but the "privileged" ones lived at quarters or town - and even that was relatively cheap. As in like, my friend back then around 2001 was living in town around Ede road in a very huge 3 bedroom apartment and he paid 40K per year for it. That same type of apartment in lagos was around the range of 250K per annum back then, just so you know how hella cheap housing is at Ife town. So, regarding this point, you told a complete lie.

As for school size, hell yeah, OAU is fuxking big mehn, but if you have a problem with that, then you must be one of those children that were still sucking their momma's breast up to SSS3. Sure thing it was kinda stressful sometimes walking huge distances in the boiling sun between lecture halls for the next classes but overtime you get used to it, and you're meant to get smarter and more organized to use the myriads of available shortcuts. Nobody said it's a must to walk on the pavements. Be innovative - roll over the damn grass mehn, hitchhike, take a bike...or jump in through the window of a hostel, like Mozambique or moremi. Naked girls shouting at you to get out can be a real motivation to get to where you're going quickly. So you see, getting around OAU campus makes you street smart. The school is like a military training ground - adapt or die, simple! Because there's one thing you can't take away from that school - everything is EXCESSIVE.
School size? Excessive.
Student population? Excessive.
Crazy lecturers? Excessive.
Academic excellence? Excessive.
Weather (hot/cold)? Excessive.
Strike? Excessive.
Fine girls with big yansh? Excessive grin...etc!

That's OAU in one word for you - EXCESSIVE!

Okay, the strike thing is true. Nah unlee God noe hu take strike swear foh dem, azin Hoe ma gawd, iz jaz tew mush! Strike was like the answer to every problem. Prospective students, just know that strike can happen at anytime for any reason. Buca don reduce 20 naira beans from 200 grains to 198 grains...oya na...STRIKE. N50 bread is now N55 naira...STRIKE. VC Prof Makanjuola is more yellow than before...STRIKE. Unilag lecturers are driving Benz but we're driving Peugeot...STRIKE. We don't know what to do with ourselves...STRIKE. Everywhere is too peaceful...oya na, STRIKE. Every school in Nigeria must know we're still the masters of aluta...STRIKE. Because strike is our favorite hobby...STRIKE grin OAU no dey tire for strike cheesy. E dey always rotate from Student's Union to ASU, to NASU abi werin dem call themselves. But I don't know if that's still the case today sha.

But whatever the case, overall, back then OAU was the best school ever in Nigeria. But now 2017, I guess it's debatable because of facilities mismanagement etc. Still, no matter what, one thing that is certain is that OAU will always rank among top-5 best universities in Nigeria, including private universities. They don't call it - Great Ife...great - for nothing! cool

3 Likes

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 05, 2017
The Op was raising points which should have been raised while giving a general appraisal of the state of Nigerian education sectors. Most of the points raised against OAU, are more pronouced in other university. If you say OAU hostel is overcrowded, I will ask you to name one university that has more lecture theatre than OAU. This is a university where 80 percent of student stay on campus. In naming all the general ill of Nigerian tertiary institution, OAU still remain the luckiest. Many university don't even have a hostel let alone over crowded one. We should address the general malaise of our education sector instead of engaging in petty talks.

4 Likes

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by MMMscam: 11:54am On Feb 05, 2017
Seriously though, OAU authorities should be embarrassed and mercilessly scolded for the terrible state of the hostels, particularly the toilets and baths. It was just like a pig house then. Azin I seriously got mad respect for any OAU student that lived in hostel. I never could, I never did. I couldn't live there not even for a day. I hardly visited my friends there, like almost never. One time, I went to see my guy, so then stomach started to rumble and I needed to drop a load fast, as in emergency level. It happened to be my first time I would step into hostel toilet, and Jesus Christ what I saw, even the sh*t that wanted to come out ran back into my stomach like, Oga u wan drop me for here, god forbid bad tin grin. That was my first and last time to ever enter hostel toilet then. It was like an incubation chamber of diseases. Female hostels were worse off I think. So dirty and stinking that many girls preferred bathing outside naked, under the cover of darkness. And of course, we like to watch, like sorry I was going to Ajose hall at 4am and I missed my way, so I'm just watching you bath naked outside so my memory can come back grin. Them supposed flog all those useless OAU school authorities for making students live in such horrible conditions in hostels.

1 Like

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by dgbaba: 12:07pm On Feb 05, 2017
Nawa for this op, yes every institution had their own challenges but Pls don't paint the school in a bad light because of your own experiences. Talking about employment network, I laughed at that part, so naive of u. I have first hand info about oau grads working in oil coys abroad.
It's a very beautiful and unique school, deal with it!
Sour grapes.

2 Likes

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2017
MMMscam:
Seriously though, OAU authorities should be embarrassed and mercilessly scolded for the terrible state of the hostels, particularly the toilets and baths. It was just like a pig house then. Azin I seriously got mad respect for any OAU student that lived in hostel. I never could, I never did. I couldn't live there not even for a day. I hardly visited my friends there, like almost never. One time, I went to see my guy, so then stomach started to rumble and I needed to drop a load fast, as in emergency level. It happened to be my first time I would step into hostel toilet, and Jesus Christ what I saw, even the sh*t that wanted to come out ran back into my stomach like, Oga u wan drop me for here, god forbid bad tin grin. That was my first and last time to ever enter hostel toilet then. It was like an incubation chamber of diseases. Female hostels were worse off I think. So dirty and stinking that many girls preferred bathing outside naked, under the cover of darkness. And of course, we like to watch, like sorry I was going to Ajose hall at 4am and I missed my way, so I'm just watching you bath naked outside so my memory can come back grin. Them supposed flog all those useless OAU school authorities for making students live in such horrible conditions in hostels.
. Bro, OAU hostel might not be too Behind, but wait, I think you are making too much of this, OAU has over thirty thousand student and about twenty thousand of them stay in those hostel. Twenty thousand people can't be all wrong

1 Like

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 05, 2017
MMMscam:

OAU housing is costly shocked. Maybe you drank too much beer and you don't know what you're saying again. Spent 4 years in that school, and I lived at the quarters all through, road 7C House **. It cost me about 25K per year and living in quarters was way expensive than hostel. No diss intended but the "poor boys" lived in hostels (angola, faj, awo etc), but the "privileged" ones lived at quarters or town - and even that was relatively cheap. As in like, my friend back then around 2001 was living in town around Ede road in a very huge 3 bedroom apartment and he paid 40K per year for it. That same type of apartment in lagos was around the range of 250K per annum back then, just so you know how hella cheap housing is at Ife town. So, regarding this point, you told a complete lie.

As for school size, hell yeah, OAU is fuxking big mehn, but if you have a problem with that, then you must be one of those children that were still sucking their momma's breast up to SSS3. Sure thing it was kinda stressful sometimes walking huge distances in the boiling sun between lecture halls for the next classes but overtime you get used to it, and you're meant to get smarter and more organized to use the myriads of available shortcuts. Nobody said it's a must to walk on the pavements. Be innovative - roll over the damn grass mehn, hitchhike, take a bike...or jump in through the window of a hostel, like Mozambique or moremi. Naked girls shouting at you to get out can be a real motivation to get to where you're going quickly. So you see, getting around OAU campus makes you street smart. The school is like a military training ground - adapt or die, simple! Because there's one thing you can't take away from that school - everything is EXCESSIVE.
School size? Excessive.
Student population? Excessive.
Crazy lecturers? Excessive.
Academic excellence? Excessive.
Weather (hot/cold)? Excessive.
Strike? Excessive.
Fine girls with big yansh? Excessive grin...etc!

That's OAU in one word for you - EXCESSIVE!

Okay, the strike thing is true. Nah unlee God noe hu take strike swear foh dem, azin Hoe ma gawd, iz jaz tew mush! Strike was like the answer to every problem. Prospective students, just know that strike can happen at anytime for any reason. Buca don reduce 20 naira beans from 200 grains to 198 grains...oya na...STRIKE. N50 bread is now N55 naira...STRIKE. VC Prof Makanjuola is more yellow than before...STRIKE. Unilag lecturers are driving Benz but we're driving Peugeot...STRIKE. We don't know what to do with ourselves...STRIKE. Everywhere is too peaceful...oya na, STRIKE. Every school in Nigeria must know we're still the masters of aluta...STRIKE. Because strike is our favorite hobby...STRIKE grin OAU no dey tire for strike cheesy. E dey always rotate from Student's Union to ASU, to NASU abi werin dem call themselves. But I don't know if that's still the case today sha.

But whatever the case, overall, back then OAU was the best school ever in Nigeria. But now 2017, I guess it's debatable because of facilities mismanagement etc. Still, no matter what, one thing that is certain is that OAU will always rank among top-5 best universities in Nigeria, including private universities. They don't call it - Great Ife...great - for nothing! cool
. Fine girls with big yansh, lol. Omg, you need to come around now, it is even bigger than than those day. Fine stunning girls
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 05, 2017
AlfredIbojo:
. Fine girls with big yansh, lol. Omg, you need to come around now, it is even bigger than than those day. Fine stunning girls
Lol, big yansh everywhere. You could hit the traffic if not careful
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by felicitywe(m): 12:25pm On Feb 05, 2017
mozihla:
cry why has it always been oau?? huh? its always oau this or that.... can't you just leave the school alone the way people create threads about this school make me feel its really a good school............ people usually "beef" good things..
Like they beef IPOB,Biafra&Niger Deltans.
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by mat2d6boi(m): 12:29pm On Feb 05, 2017
Omonoba1:
OAU students are just attacking the guy instead of analyzing the points he raised..na wa
o
bro, I expected you to have talked better than this. we all know that no matter how valuable something is , it will still have some imperfections. I don't deny all he said about OAU cause other universities too have their odd sides, but what you should reason is that how will someone in his normal state come out , sit down and start to make up a writing to defame his university. was he blind before throughout his stay in OAU?, reason bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osogbo Primary School Pupil Gives Moving Campaign Speech, Contests For Head Boy / COVID-19: 181 Students, Staff Test Positive In Private Boarding School - Abayomi / Shortlisted For Nnpc/chevron Jv Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.