Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,061 members, 7,828,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University (24929 Views)

Covenant University Ranks 91st Best University Amongst Emerging Economies / Top 10 Best University Campuses In Nigeria / The Easiest And The Best University To Study Medicine In Nigeria (modified) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by MrAwePresident: 8:34pm On Feb 05, 2017
Major0303:
So tell me the best University

No university in Nigeria deserves that title in my opinion
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Lanre90(m): 9:17pm On Feb 05, 2017
Wow this thread is still available grin angry grin....many people are provoked
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by sexyellency(m): 9:31pm On Feb 05, 2017
mat2d6boi:
hello my fellas in the room, pls don't be misinformed by a fellow who is judging this university(OAU) on sentiment, it may be that he has some complicated issues during his time in the university caused by himself or the management. Dis is because I can't even figure out how a person proudly graduated from the uni then finally come out to blacklist, defame and tarnish the image of his university. then what should he be proud of if he can sit down to make a 'itchy' write up like this about his alma mater to the world; I don't think that is sensible or realistic. please my fellas, room members let's all judge with clarity and lucidity and steer clear of unnecessary .......
for me , to be sincere , I know that currently OAU is not the best uni in 9ja due to some challenges faced by her but I want you to know that OAU have been rated the best university so many times. Also, it's normal for things to fluctuate and I see the little fall of OAU as due to the competition of other universities which OAU hasn't realised. but....am very sure dat dis OAU I know will get back to its first position, i believe.
#notsentimental
#greatestIFE
Y'all should just point to the lies in his fact! I think this nigger is actually saying the truth.
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by sexyellency(m): 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2017
smartbros:
someone like a Unilorite spotted......jes because OAU refused to give you admission Abii kontinu hating o
Unilowhat? I guess presently u or ur younger ones are presently chasing unilorin. you better pray harder to get the admission on a platter of gold.
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by christabell18(f): 9:57pm On Feb 05, 2017
MrAwePresident:

You brought yourself into my thread
I didn't force nor invite you here.

BTW you're an adult .. Respect and remember your age and religion before you use vulgar words especially online.
mr awe,u dnt invite pple to gv a comment on ur thread.when u post a topic,u shud expect different comments.
this is nairaland,last i checked,i cn gv a commebt to any thread anytym i damn want.
so stop finkin lyk a retard n keep to the corrections pple are tryin to make known to u.fraustrated fellow who nids admission...good radiance to bad rubbish
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Danthesage(m): 9:59pm On Feb 05, 2017
chiwuike20:
Oau graduates are not employable. This fact stands out. Check for Oau graduates in any institution and you will come up with personal data. It will be difficult to deny data compiled yourself

... Simply because we are not jobseekers but job-creators. Come down here to Oau and see an endless list of great minds using their hands dexterously for job creation.
Oau is simply a citadel of learning where you explore all the possible.

1 Like

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Laple0541(m): 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2017
MrAwePresident:

Bruh... Should I send you my Certificate...

BTW you're an adult .. Respect and remember your age and religion before you use vulgar language

Show me your certificate, you must have got a pass from there, if you come out with a reasonable grade, you wouldn't have written such a defamatory and degrading writeup about your Alma mata all in the name of trying to write by all means, if such is written by a graduate from another school, it wouldn't bother me but you can claim to have graduated from OAU and write such rubbish about your school, I'm proud of my Alma mata and I will defend her course in whatever capacity..."Bi oju akata banlewo kise enu ediye loye kati gbo".
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by mat2d6boi(m): 10:38pm On Feb 05, 2017
sexyellency:
Y'all should just point to the lies in his fact! I think this nigger is actually saying the truth.
my guy, am sorry to tell you that you are so naïve(gullible). are your eyes paining you that you didn't see what people noticed about him in his emotional write up or you didn't read all the post before this to check the conversation very well. my bro if you were sensible, you would have deduces two basic things in the man from his write up:
1_ he is frustrated;
2_ he mentioned some points but he exaggerated.
I am not denying all he said ooo though some are true like that of hostel condition and incessant strike, but he added some useless facts out of sentiments, you should know that. I would advise you to get better info on oau from someone whom is not frustrated rather than being a captive of the evil minded and frustrated being who is trying his best to mislead the gullibles. don't fall into his hands like a mumu ooo.
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by MrAwePresident: 11:26pm On Feb 05, 2017
sexyellency:

They can't
Most of them have not said anything constructive in my opinion

They can't even construct sentences without using vulgar words.... That's because they are letting their emotions get the best of them.

I am in no way offended.. Because this just proves my point about the type of graduates OAU is producing in recent years

1 Like

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by seunspice(m): 11:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
MrAwePresident:

They can't
None of them have said anything constructive in my opinion

They can't even construct sentences without using vulgar words.... That's because they are letting their emotions get the best of them.

I am in no way offended.. Because this just proves my point about the type of graduates OAU is producing in recent years

I replied you with enough facts but you chose not to acknowledge them. I don't blame you for however you feel about OAU, but I remain proud of the school. I have worked with hundreds of grads from schools in Naija and abroad, almost everyone has one complaint or the other. No institution is perfect. By why you will wake up and decide to write this post because someone hyped the school is beyond me. Why not hype your school instead?

And for you saying none of the ife grads that have responded has said anything constructive is insulting to say the least. It speaks volumes about your character and personality.
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by smartbros(m): 12:02am On Feb 06, 2017
sexyellency:
Unilowhat? I guess presently u or ur younger ones are presently chasing unilorin. you better pray harder to get the admission on a platter of gold.

what's wrong with this TIN?? I'm sure you are not alright at all.....quote me again and let thunder from Shiloh and Redemption Camp strike you dead.... Bastard, Omo ale rada rada Oshi!
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by mat2d6boi(m): 5:23am On Feb 06, 2017
smartbros:

what's wrong with this TIN?? I'm sure you are not alright at all.....quote me again and let thunder from Shiloh and Redemption Camp strike you dead.... Bastard, Omo ale rada rada Oshi!
my bro, you don't need to curse him, you should know he is under a spell already with the way he is behaving. may you recover, mr awe president
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by simplymat: 6:13am On Feb 06, 2017
and to those of you stating that OAU is being defended rather than analysing the op points, I think you should be sensible and wise enough to know that the man made useless points and it's mere waste of time analysing such sentimental post. I myself to be sincere can only and only accuse OAU of the unstable calendar and poor hostel condition which I believe they will soon be tackled. so you people think properly and don't be naïve, as the man wants you to be. shikena
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by sexyellency(m): 6:25am On Feb 06, 2017
smartbros:

Actually I'm starting to believe the op. As you're a stereotypical oau student trained to rain curses on other fellows. But because my institution include character in its learning, I'll just let you go. #probitasdoctrina.
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by mat2d6boi(m): 6:35am On Feb 06, 2017
sexyellency:
Actually I'm starting to believe the op. As you're a stereotypical oau student trained to rain curses on other fellows. But because my institution include character in its learning, I'll just let you go. #probitasdoctrina.
bro, it pains me that you are one of those the man has fooled anyways I think he can only decieve the gullibles like you. and in your life, you and your captivator, mr awe should never ever tag OAU as such -being violent. we are peace makers but fight for our right rather than those who are cheated and still keep mute till they are finished. take to my warning!
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by mat2d6boi(m): 6:37am On Feb 06, 2017
#wefightforpeace #that'swhoweare #greatIFE.............
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by sexyellency(m): 8:40am On Feb 06, 2017
mat2d6boi:
bro, it pains me that you are one of those the man has fooled anyways I think he can only decieve the gullibles like you. and in your life, you and your captivator, mr awe should never ever tag OAU as such -being violent. we are peace makers but fight for our right rather than those who are cheated and still keep mute till they are finished. take to my warning!
I have nothing to do with ur school man! ur colleague shaded my school where I don't even think it's related. I quoted him to defend my school in a polite manner, he quoted by raining curses on me using vulgar languages. which means the op got that fact right! And please I don't care about what oau might be and got no beef with the institution.

1 Like

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 06, 2017
MrAwePresident:

They can't
None of them have said anything constructive in my opinion

You're waaaaaay out of line. I think you're more guilty of allowing sentiments affect your judgement. You made some valid points like halls of residence being uninhabitable. Most of the rest was just emotional hogwash. Painting a school bad because you're trying to balance out all the praises being given to the school reeks of poor logic and immaturity. If said school furthermore happened to be your school, one may be inclined to conclude that OAU, being familiar with it's rigorous academic culture, really dealt with you. Otherwise you'd be happy and unwilling to soil a school that made a successful person out of you regardless of whatever it threw your way while you were there.

I know folks like you sha. I see them every time griping about their hardships on campus. Problem is that you should have gone to a less competitive and less stressful school. Ain't no sin in that.

You should amend your post. Bye bye.

1 Like

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by smartbros(m): 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2017
mat2d6boi:
my bro, you don't need to curse him, you should know he is under a spell already with the way he is behaving. may you recover, mr awe president

Boss no vex jare. I jes no like the way the idiot dey reason like Mumu nii e jes dey vexing
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Lanre90(m): 12:27pm On Feb 06, 2017
cheesy
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by MrAwePresident: 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2017
seunspice:

I replied you with enough facts but you chose not to acknowledge them. I don't blame you for however you feel about OAU, but I remain proud of the school. I have worked with hundreds of grads from schools in Naija and abroad, almost everyone has one complaint or the other. No institution is perfect. By why you will wake up and decide to write this post because someone hyped the school is beyond me. Why not hype your school instead?

And for you saying none of the ife grads that have responded has said anything constructive is insulting to say the least. It speaks volumes about your character and personality.

I apologize for using the word "none of them... " I should have said.. "most of them.. "
I read your post, and I agree with you.
But then again you are making reference to 15+ /- years ago. I'm talking about OAU of today.

It's true OAU was once breeding the best sets of graduates but not anymore.

Now they are just churning out hostile individuals ready to provoke at any instance.

A school that doesn't own a significant number of patents compared to the number of Master's degree holders and PHD holders they are churning out doesn't deserve to be called best.

Others are making points that it's a generic problem. I fully understand, but let's stop being proud of being the best local champion and think of ways we can become the Best internationally recognized university.

We are too satisfied with mediocrity
It even hurts me more to see the way people are aggressively defending mediocrity with this "at least I better pass my neighbor " mentality.

The measure of greatness should be in seen in their applications of research works in improving the life of Nigerians. cheesy
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Lanre90(m): 12:44pm On Feb 06, 2017
grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 06, 2017
MrAwePresident:

Others are making points that it's a generic problem. I fully understand, but let's stop being proud of being the best local champion and think of ways we can become the Best internationally recognized university.

We are too satisfied with mediocrity
It even hurts me more to see the way people are aggressively defending mediocrity with this "at least I better pass my neighbor " mentality.

The measure of greatness should be in seen in their applications of research works in improving the life of Nigerians. cheesy

After oga was called out, he started fidgeting and shifting the goal post.

I thought you said the school isn't the best in Nigeria. After your sensationalised topic heading, one would have thought you'd have the guts to stick to your mud slinging ase o tie le. You're not tough.

You should understand that the onus of moral burden lies heavily upon he who chooses to critique. No one expects objectivity from praise givers students. They would keep hailing their school. I'd probably open a thread to better deal with this issue when I have the time.

Till then.
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by MrAwePresident: 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2017
optimus007:

After oga was called out, he started fidgeting and shifting the goal post.

I thought you said the school isn't the best in Nigeria. After your sensationalised topic heading, one would have thought you'd have the guts to stick to your mud slinging ase o tie le. You're not tough.

You should understand that the onus of moral burden lies heavily upon he who chooses to critique. No one expects objectivity from praise givers students. They would keep hailing their school. I'd probably open a thread to better deal with this issue when I have the time.

Till then.

I have not completely changed my stance.. I only opened my mind to embrace and respect the opinions of the objective posters.

But I doubt you understand anything about that.. Probably because you have never been in a position of leadership

1 Like

Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by JustAwesome: 2:52pm On Feb 06, 2017
Why are we so angry in this room
Doesn't everyone have a title to their own opinions
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by mat2d6boi(m): 3:11pm On Feb 06, 2017
you're a dyed-in-the-wool mumu because you didn't comprehend with what the whole discussion is all about before you write your post, next time access what's on ground well before you contribute.
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by mat2d6boi(m): 3:13pm On Feb 06, 2017
@justawesome, you're a dyed-in-the-wool mumu(sorry 4 that) because you didn't comprehend with what the whole discussion is all about before you write your post, next time access what's on ground well before you contribute.
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by JustAwesome: 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2017
mat2d6boi:
@justawesome, you're a dyed-in-the-wool mumu(sorry 4 that) because you didn't comprehend with what the whole discussion is all about before you write your post, next time access what's on ground well before you contribute.

I feel sad for you and I'm starting to believe the Ops point of violence and aggressive products being produced in OAU.

Most you abuse, didn't they teach you manners in school even though you skipped the lessons at home.

Please don't mention me, from your dp I know we aren't mates. So please respect yourself and learn to respect others opinions
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by mat2d6boi(m): 4:27pm On Feb 06, 2017
look at now! @awesome has proven my words, he can't even comprehend. I don't think he understood what I posted that made him comment. he has started to talk of violent .......oau......
am very sorry for you;
you are another captive of Mr awe's mumu ultimate search
#don'ttagOAUforviolence
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 06, 2017
seunspice:
While I still try to figure out the essence of this post from the OPs viewpoint I need to state these few points, i would implore my readers to note that i graduated from OAU 15years ago...

1. The OP is right in some instances and wrong in others. The point about the Halls of residence is 150% true. If it was true as at 15 years ago, I know it would be even more true today.

2. The pre eminence of strikes and Alutas in resolving simple issues is alarming, but my best memories are spread across these events.

3. On graduates fresh or no fresh having a good chance out there... I would say it depends on the person. I worked in 3 organisations and became the functional Head of my role in one of Nigeria's leading conglomerates and OAU grads made up the largest chunk of the workforce of all places I worked in.

4. The Ife solidarity is unrivalled anywhere I have ever been eveb outside the shores of Nigeria. From my NYSC days from Obubra camp, Cross River state I knew I was in good company, there were 1,456 corps members and only 42 from Ife. Through solidarity, we all got good placements for POP and had 5 awardees on passing out parade day.

5. Every institution has their traditions, norms and processes that are peculiar and unique to them. Ife computes it CGPA differently from other schools. It should be noted that during the freshman orientation course, everything that need to be known is explained to jambites and there are course advisers allocated to all fresh students to break things down for anyone who wants more information. Computing an F or otherwise has a direct impact on your CGPA, True! But its OAU's tradition to do that and if you decide on the school take that fact.

6. OAU is large, yes! But there are buses who go from the Mozambique/Angola/Awo Extension to SUB enroute road 1 to town and motor bikes who can take you almost anywhere except staff quarters. Its not a medieval campus where all you do is trek and walk. Choosing to walk to lectures isn't the school's making. Therefore the OP is wrong to paint a picture of tiredness in lecture halls... Haba! Fear God. Lack of facilities and amenities affect all Nigerian universities. Even private universities where parents pay through their noses aren't left out. So cut out the criticism here. Inadequate funding is the bane of the Nigerian Educational sector.

7. OAU is beautiful! Well, maybe the structures around academics and the beautifully lit streets but beauty lies in the eye of the looker. I have seen more beautiful schools... However not in naija. I feel the OAU management needs to do more to preserve the legacy of the southwest's cocoa era. Also, OAU needs at least 7 more halls of residence. It doesn't require rocket science knowledge. An involvement of the private sector where halls can be built as investment vehicles should be welcome. As a member of my faculty alumni council, I have made more visits to the school since graduation than most of my mates and I must tell my readers that I appreciate the school more now than when I was a student. I have a ward now in UI and I must confess that I regret not having her in OAU. Not because UI is not equally good, but just because of the sentiments.

As a father, I would not want my kids having their university education here in Naija because our degrees mean next to nothing outside of our shores. But if push comes to shove, my kids know that they have only one choice of University here and its OAU. I would stop for now. Reactions are welcome. However dear OP, your views are respected but I dare say aren't a full representation of what obtains. God bless you.

Pardon the typos if any.
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 06, 2017
MrAwePresident:

I have not completely changed my stance.. I only opened my mind to embrace and respect the opinions of the objective posters.

But I doubt you understand anything about that. Probably because you have never been in a position of leadership

cheesy @ bolded Again with the hasty conclusion. You don't even know me. And here I was thinking you had been properly schooled on the subject of concluding so hastily. A few posts by me and you can already infer so much. smiley Baba na u oh.

Plus, thank you for acknowledging that your mind was shut firm while you were writing that post.

And please indulge me smiley
Which school is best in Nigeria, in your opinion?
Re: Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University by MrAwePresident: 10:40pm On Feb 06, 2017
optimus007:

And please indulge me smiley
Which school is best in Nigeria, in your opinion?

None.

OAU is just too relaxed about being the champion of mediocrity.
They need to step up their game.

Take the hostel situation for example... Each year it gets worse.
But hey, who cares right.. Since they are already champions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osogbo Primary School Pupil Gives Moving Campaign Speech, Contests For Head Boy / COVID-19: 181 Students, Staff Test Positive In Private Boarding School - Abayomi / Shortlisted For Nnpc/chevron Jv Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.