Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth (35531 Views)

Obituary Of Couple And 2 Kids Who Were Burnt To Death In Benue / Obituary Of Benue Woman And Her 3 Children Who Died In Accident (Photo) / Obituary Of 193 Year Old Woman As Family Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 04, 2017
Uchechi, an intelligent young girl from Ehime Mbano, got married last year to her love, Collins Ogbonna from Mgbuji, Eha-Amufu in Enugu State but died after giving birth to their first child, a bouncing baby boy.

She was buried yesterday and here are photos from her funeral.

Uchechi holds an NCE, B. sc. and PGD in Accountancy. She was supposed to defend her MSC in Accountancy this month at UNIZIK. May her gentle soul rest in peace. More pics below.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/02/obituary-of-another-young-nigerian.html

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by abuaoyen(f): 2:00pm On Feb 04, 2017
So sad! May her gentle soul rest in peace. Amen

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by mcmurphy132(m): 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
r.I.p woman
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by TINALETC3(f): 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
cry RIP

1 Like

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by lawrenzoo: 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
R.I.P
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 04, 2017
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by jesus500(m): 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2017
Prenatal care should be made top priority in marriage to avoid stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by opejulie10: 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2017
Stop jareeee
nairaland don become carrier of bad news lately
rip woman
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by CplusJason: 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2017
I don tire to type "RIP"

Pls seun and the super mods, try and reduce the sad stories.

BTW, Adieu madam

1 Like

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by emeijeh(m): 2:04pm On Feb 04, 2017
Not our portion in Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by mmsen: 2:05pm On Feb 04, 2017
Pretty girl.

RIP.

Nigerians still do not take maternal health (and healthcare in general) seriously enough.

If only all the attention that is wasted on religion was used for science and physical/mental welfare...

1 Like

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by YhungPablo(m): 2:05pm On Feb 04, 2017
Rip.. my own mother also died of the same death during her last child birth .

8 Likes

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:05pm On Feb 04, 2017
Ok
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by passyhansome(m): 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
That shows we still stagnant or receeding, at this level of development we still experiencing high mortality, nobody is concerned, the medical agencies and co, no program, sensitization, campaign or active body fighting against or helping to alleviate this. God help Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
RIP.
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by nandyz(m): 2:07pm On Feb 04, 2017
RIP dear....
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by preshinno: 2:07pm On Feb 04, 2017
RIP
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by protocoll(m): 2:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
from the village..

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by femolii: 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2017
RIP
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by ItzHoludex(m): 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
nah did way people dey die again.God help us
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by shammah1(m): 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
So sad. RIP to her cry
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by Chicybez: 2:13pm On Feb 04, 2017
WHAT IS LIFE? God pls have mercy and help us.... rest in Peace Dear

1 Like

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by NEHLIVE: 2:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
hmm
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by webincomeplus(m): 2:17pm On Feb 04, 2017
The mods should stop pushing news like this to the home page because they would in a way create unnecessary panic and tension in the minds of Nairalanders who are pregnant at the moment.

I sympathize with the family of the late women, but the truth is hundreds of women die after childbirth in this country everyday, and there is just no benefit in publicizing the death of a select few.

Please let our sisters on Nairaland carry their pregnancies with peace of mind.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by IYANGBALI: 2:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
Omo to fok now dey fear me o

1 Like

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by Viccisimua: 2:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
REST IN PEACE DEAR MOTHER... I WAS LUCKY TO ESCAPE DEATH BUT LOST MA BABY YEARS AGO... STILL BELIEVING GOD FOR RESTORATION. UNFORTUNATELY SOCIETY HAVE FORGOTTEN HOW I BATTLED WITH DEATH... SAME PPLE THAT CALLED ME MAMA TWINS DURING PREGNANCY NOW CALL ME HORRIBLE NAMES... VERY WICKED WORLD.

6 Likes

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by bolafez(m): 2:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
vanity upon vanity Rip
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by webincomeplus(m): 2:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
passyhansome:
That shows we still stagnant or receeding, at this level of development we still experiencing high mortality, nobody is concerned, the medical agencies and co, no program, sensitization, campaign or active body fighting against or helping to alleviate this. God help Nigeria
Please don't draw conclusions yet. The poor state of our Healthcare system notwithstanding, managing pregnancy and preventing maternal mortality is one of the easiest things to achieve in this country.

But the truth is, many women (even the well educated ones) prefer to patronize traditional birth attendants or deliver their babies in churches and mosques for reasons best known to them.

You don't know where the lady in question died. So, find out before blaming maternal mortality on the system. I'm not saying she patronized the substandard outlets, but most women who lost their lives after childbirth trod that path. And in their cases, the government isn't to blame at all, because no matter how much of awareness the government does, whatever the pastor or Imam says still reigns supreme.

2 Likes

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by bolafez(m): 2:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
vanity upon vanity Rip
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by VickyRotex(f): 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
YhungPablo:
Rip.. my own mother also died of the same death during her last child birth .

Oh I'm so sorry about that!

May their souls rest eternally!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bored In Marriage / At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? / My Mom Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.