Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,333 members, 7,850,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:13 PM

Tuface Cancel Feb 6 Anti-govt Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tuface Cancel Feb 6 Anti-govt Protest (753 Views)

Police cancel invitation to Saraki; demand written explanation / Anti govt protest! See how people went to juju asking for change in government / BREAKING: Drama As Pro-buhari, Anti-govt Groups Clash In Abuja: READ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tuface Cancel Feb 6 Anti-govt Protest by Nobody: 1:52am On Feb 05, 2017
Popular artiste, Innocent Idibia, better known as Tuface, has canceled the much-publicised February 6 anti-government protest, citing “security challenges”.

In an Instagram post and a short video via his official handle @official2baba late Saturday, Tuface announced the cancellation of the protest scheduled to hold in Abuja, Lagos and other parts of the country.

He said, “Dear Nigerians, due to security concerns and public safety consideration, I hereby announce the cancellation of the march.”

The planned protest gained traction with several public figures and civil society groups pledging to be part of it on Monday.

Tuface called for nationwide protest against Nigeria’s worsening economic crisis that has seen costs of goods and services skyrocket, with many families struggling to survive.

But police warned against the protest after initially promising to provide security.

Police authorities said on Friday they had “credible intelligence” that other groups were planning a counter protests on the same day and at the same venues, saying the event could turn violent.

Later, a group, I stand with Buhari, announced pro-Buhari campaigns on Monday and Tuesday.

Source: http://eragbaiblog.com.ng/tuface-cancel-feb-6-anti-govt-protest/

Re: Tuface Cancel Feb 6 Anti-govt Protest by pinkcottoncandy: 2:28am On Feb 05, 2017
I Think that Nigeria will never move forward as long as youths have balls that are less than the size of peanuts.

For those against the protest, you are all part of the problem.

Afterall in 2014, Buhari, Amaechi and other APC members all protested against GEJ an PDP...

YES THEY TOOK THEIR PROTEST TO THE STREET. see evidence

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/buhari-amaechi-others-protest-rally-fg/

Youths need to figure out a way to take back this country...the so called leaders have been leading since they were in their 20s and 30s and yet they do not want to give us space to rule.

The world has evolved plus changes in technology ...these leaders have no single clue how to stay abreast with changes due to difference in how they were brought up and how the world is today.

BUHARI has a plan B...which is to DIE and leave the country in ruins,

MAY GOD HELP US ALL

TUBABA...from today, you have become TUBONBOY.....with peanut balls
Re: Tuface Cancel Feb 6 Anti-govt Protest by adadike281(f): 2:59am On Feb 05, 2017
Well, the protest is bigger than u. Coward!
Re: Tuface Cancel Feb 6 Anti-govt Protest by StOla: 4:17am On Feb 05, 2017
adadike281:
Well, the protest is bigger than u. Coward!

Everyone is a coward to an IPOB youth. Their brain cannot articulate any opinion beyond such myopic simplicity.

I'm even surprised you didn't call him Afonja?

Someone's life might just have been saved, but for an ever miserable patient of the Ipobic plague, it is wise to lose lives arrogantly now, only to wail about it years later with inflated statistics of the actual victims.

As an aside, did you join the protest against subsidy removal in 2012? Or were you a coward watching events unfold on TV, while labelling the patriots of that sane struggle as paid protesters of opposition elements?

Did you enjoy the results obtained from that 2012 protest with fuel price reduction, as every sane Nigerian did?

1 Like

Re: Tuface Cancel Feb 6 Anti-govt Protest by adadike281(f): 7:57am On Feb 05, 2017
StOla:

Everyone is a coward to an IPOB youth. Their brain cannot articulate any opinion beyond such myopic simplicity.

I'm even surprised you didn't call him Afonja?

Someone's life might just have been saved, but for an ever miserable patient of the Ipobic plague, it is wise to lose lives arrogantly now, only to wail about it years later with inflated statistics of the actual victims.

As an aside, did you join the protest against subsidy removal in 2012? Or were you a coward watching events unfold on TV, while labelling the patriots of that sane struggle as paid protesters of opposition elements?

Did you enjoy the results obtained from that 2012 protest with fuel price reduction, as every sane Nigerian did?
Walahi, u don't wanna face me, so am gonna let this insult slide coz I don't know when your name left steal a to tu face

1 Like

Re: Tuface Cancel Feb 6 Anti-govt Protest by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 05, 2017
Popular artiste, Innocent Idibia, better known as Tuface, has canceled the much-publicised February 6 anti-government protest, citing “security challenges”.

In an Instagram post and a short video via his official handle @official2baba late Saturday, Tuface announced the cancellation of the protest scheduled to hold in Abuja, Lagos and other parts of the country.

He said, “Dear Nigerians, due to security concerns and public safety consideration, I hereby announce the cancellation of the march.”

The planned protest gained traction with several public figures and civil society groups pledging to be part of it on Monday.

Tuface called for nationwide protest against Nigeria’s worsening economic crisis that has seen costs of goods and services skyrocket, with many families struggling to survive.

But police warned against the protest after initially promising to provide security.

Police authorities said on Friday they had “credible intelligence” that other groups were planning a counter protests on the same day and at the same venues, saying the event could turn violent.

Later, a group, I stand with Buhari, announced pro-Buhari campaigns on Monday and Tuesday.

Source: http://eragbaiblog.com.ng/tuface-cancel-feb-6-anti-govt-protest/

(1) (Reply)

Sultan Of Sokoto: Fundamental Human Rights Fallacy! / Corruption Alert! Buhari’s Signature Forged To Sell $19m Crude Oil To China / Twitter User Claims That Buhari's Photo With Saraki And Dogara Is An Old Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.