Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say (33346 Views)

Tuface Joins Activists To Protest Killings With #NigeriaMourns Campaign (Photos) / Tuface Visits Nelson Mandela’s Home In South Africa / H-I Idibia, Tuface's Brother Denied Entry Into The US Where He Lives (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by nery4u(m): 6:55am On Feb 05, 2017
The Conference of Nigeria’s Civil Right Activists and the United Action for Democracy have said there is no going back on the planned mass protests called by Nigeria’s hip hop icon, Innocent ‘Tuface’ Idibia, despite the police’s efforts to stop them.

The convener of the CNCRA, Ifeanyi Odili, told SUNDAY PUNCH that the protest was long overdue and no intimidation by the police would prevent Nigerians from protesting against the government of President Muhammadu Buhari concerning the economic hardship Nigerians are facing.

Speaking on the police’s call that the protest should be cancelled, Odili said, “The security agencies do not have such power under the constitution. Why should they stop it? Are they not part of us? Do they have special markets? If they want to be overzealous with their job, then we will tell them that we are not joking.”

Similarly, the UAD leader and human rights activist, Ebun-Olu Adegoruwa, pointed out that Nigerians do not require police advice to exercise their fundamental rights.

He added, “I have read in several news reports, of the statement credited to the Nigeria Police Force, advising that the mass rally against suffering and hunger in Nigeria, slated for Monday should be cancelled, purportedly in the interest of peace and security. The police have no power in law to countermand the lawful directives of the acting President (Yemi Osinbajo), which affirmed our constitutional right to assemble together freely, unhindered and unmolested, for a peaceful protest.

“So, it is disturbing, alarming and anachronistic, for an institution, such as the police, that was set up to be under the executive, headed by the president or the acting president, to be defying the lawful directives of the acting president, openly and with such brazen impunity.”

The activist vowed that the rally would be held and many more would still be organised. He urged Nigerians to join the Monday protest.

“The people of Nigeria shall hold this (Monday protest) and many more rallies, in the days ahead, until Nigeria is totally rid of bad governance,” Adegboruwa said.

http://punchng.com/tuface-protest-no-going-back-activists-say/

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by seunlayi(m): 6:57am On Feb 05, 2017
Seconded

Wednesday is my birthday, shows your love for the protest with your likes even if you can't make it to the rally.

122 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by prolove22(m): 7:01am On Feb 05, 2017
NIGERIA AND 2FACE BE LIKE.I NO WANT DIE MAMA DEY 4 HOUSE PAPA DEY 4 HOUSE I ONE CHILD.FVCK NIGERIA FVCK 2FACE.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by izzou(m): 7:02am On Feb 05, 2017
Nigeria may break up soon. It's just a matter of time.

Don't say I didn't say it

Watch this space

126 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by ybalogs(m): 7:11am On Feb 05, 2017
Without 2face ,this protest is dead.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by ybalogs(m): 7:15am On Feb 05, 2017
izzou:
Nigeria may break up soon. It's just a matter of time.

Don't say I didn't say it

Watch this space
Saying Nigeria will break up is like saying Nigeria will be better.We've been hearing that from our mother's womb and our great grand children will still keep hearing it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by izzou(m): 7:17am On Feb 05, 2017
ybalogs:

Saying Nigeria will break up is like saying Nigeria will be better.We've been hearing that from our mother's womb and our great grand children will still keep hearing it.

Before, it was just a particular tribe that was fed up. But now, it's everybody. Even those who voted in the president are tired.

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by ybalogs(m): 7:35am On Feb 05, 2017
izzou:

Before, it was just a particular tribe that was fed up. But now, it's everybody. Even those who voted in the president are tired.
We're always tired of the government in power only to regret after his succession,I don't know why that keeps happening .I just pray we find the answers in our lifetime.

17 Likes

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by angelTI(f): 7:39am On Feb 05, 2017
Yes, there is no going back!

I think Tuface's wings have been clipped by powers that be lipsrsealed undecided embarassed sad

21 Likes

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by veekid(m): 9:42pm On Feb 05, 2017
Yeah! We ain't going back mehn; I'll sit comfortably in my crib and watch the protest live on nairaland
LoL

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by goslowgoslow(m): 9:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
Abeg make dem do this protest make we rest. Nonsense!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by Noblesoul123: 9:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
This is from Ata Ikiddeh:

"People Have Travelled Down To Lagos, Booked Into Hotels, Inconvenienced Friends, Taken Time Off Work.

And All You Could Do Is Appear With Your Unkempt Beard On Instagram To Tell Nigerians You Had Canceled The Protest After Over 1 Million People Had Been Galvanised And Mobilised.

This Remains The Tragedy Of Leadership In Nigeria, Tuface Was Not The Main Force Behind This Protest, He Had Backers And Sponsors. These Powers Picked A Weak Puppet, They Could Even Have Picked Majek Fashek But They Decided To Settle For clueless Tuface. The Backers Have Probably Struck A Deal With The Federal Government And Pulled The Plug.

We Have Seen This Drama Play Out Time And Time Again In Nigeria - Where Masked Political Oligarchs Pick, Sponsor And Prop up Puppets The Weakest In The Cast - From Shagari a school teacher with no political experience , Yaradua a man who was terminally ill, Jonathan - a "lucky" political accident & Now Buhari, An Old Retired Weak Narrow Minded Military Dictator, Without A Single Personal Political, Social or Economic achievement To His Credit Apart From A Collection of Highly Prized Zebu Cows. I Keep Saying, Don't Blame Buhari, Blame Those That Sponsored Him.

Until We Have The Masses Pick And Sponsor Their Own Leaders, Men Of Patriotic Convictions To Lead This Nation - We Will Continue To Have The Tuface Charade, Where You Give A Famished Deluded Bush Mouse The Golden Sceptre Meant For A Lion.

Anyway The Protest Is Still Going Ahead, With or Without........what does he call himself again...?"

148 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by chemystery: 9:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
ybalogs:
Without 2face ,this protest is dead.
...so your future and that of other Nigerians now depends and rests on the shoulder of a man called 2face?

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by Gwan2(m): 9:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
Tomoro no far

1 Like

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by cremedelacreme: 9:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
You guys can go on with the planned protest now that Buhari is not coming back as earlier announced grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by Bugatie(m): 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2017
Our mumu don do

#alutaeternal!

10 Likes

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by oriflamebaby1(f): 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2017
We shall see

1 Like

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by MakeWeTalk: 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2017
yes oh!

we must protest.

If they want us to stop, let them tell Buhari Address us.

That's if he is alive

10 Likes

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by auntysimbiat(f): 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2017
Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by Flexherbal(m): 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2017
"The convener of the CNCRA, Ifeanyi Odili, told SUNDAY PUNCH that the protest was long overdue and no intimidation by the police would prevent Nigerians from protesting against the government of President Muhammadu Buhari concerning the economic hardship Nigerians are facing."

https://www.nairaland.com/2913203/herbal-tea-secrete-fathers-used in curing PreMAture ExPULsion and E.D
Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by ephi123(f): 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2017
Yep!!

Tuface exempted himself, doesn't mean the millions of other Nigerians intend to do the same.

11 Likes

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by three: 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2017
Protest is good

The Best Protest however Is To Join A Political Party and Raise Competent Candidates for 2019 and get these misfits out.

The problems can't be solved overnight but they can be solved nonetheless .
A chief criteria of Politics is foresight and patience, we tend to forget the little seeds and look for big revolutions then get frustrated cos it seems this 'revolution' won't come.

Political revolutions begin with as little as a mosquito bite and swirl into a whirlwind.

2 Years from now most people will wish they had started today.

When do you think Tinubu started plotting the demise of the PDP with his grand mega party plan, do you realise he was scoffed at?

You reading this, do you not think you're more intelligent than some of these leaders? so how come you're reading this and not vying for political office?

Get UP!

WAKE UP!!!

...or you think you can't be governor, senator or president? then don't complain when misfits lord it over you

#NigeriaElections2019DoItYourself
#NigeriaElections2019StartNow

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2017
#ONE9JA

feb6 is the beginning of a revolution.
change begins with me

10 Likes

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by optional1(f): 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2017
ok oh

na only person wey don chop belle full dey enter street..
Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by ekems2017(f): 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2017
There is no need for this protest now. Baba is not back. Who will address you people? Is it lie Mohammed or Femi Adesina? Just exercise patience till Buhari comes back.

Tuface knew baba will not come back and he didnt want to tell us.
Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by lrdval: 9:46pm On Feb 05, 2017
Good
Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by MadeInTokyo: 9:46pm On Feb 05, 2017
No going back

Aluta Continua

We are shutting down Nigeria tomorrow , even Buhari will be shaken from his hospital bed in London

The protest has extended to other cities, it is now beyond Tuface.

The protest is now a movement

DSS and Zombies can quote me loud and clear

The revolution will not be televised.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by ezewinted1(m): 9:46pm On Feb 05, 2017
Am still looking for someone to tell me the meaning of Zombie often used by my beloved Brothers from the East.
The first bloody coup that claimed the lives of not less than 15 top Nigerians functionaries in January 15 1966 was carried out by our brothers in the East. Led by K.Nzeogwu.
This coup was the first coup and that was carried out 6 years after independence.
*since then Nigerian has never near how it was been delivered
*In 1967, another military Governor from the East was also dragging power, that resulted into 3years civil war, where people were killed like chicken. At the end, it was declared no victor no vanquish.
*my point is this, who are the Zombies?
*is it a connotation or it's been use indirectly?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by BlackSeptember: 9:46pm On Feb 05, 2017
Anything to bring this government to it's knees is welcomed

13 Likes

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by eluquenson(m): 9:47pm On Feb 05, 2017
Twisted

2 Likes

Re: Tuface Protest: No Going Back, Activists Say by tintingz(m): 9:47pm On Feb 05, 2017
Aluta continua!!

We must voice out.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Ikorodu Bois Are Back, As They Join The Sojiii #TomboChallenge / Doris Ogala Exposes Prince Kpokpogri: Blackmailing Is Your Job / Iyabo Ojo Going Live Against Kemi Olunloyo By 11:34pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.