Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? (2268 Views)

You Can’t Deceive God – Pastor Adeboye Advises Christians To Pay Their Tithes / Church Members Demand Their Tithes From Pastor After He Buys Range Rover / How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? by SubtleFRED(m): 7:21am On Feb 05, 2017
Now I don't want to start arguing on if tithing is right or wrong. The bible odered every Christian to give a tenth part of his or her land's produce and so I believe it is right to do so for every bible studies and obeying Christian. See Lev 27:30 TLB "A tenth of the produce of the land, whether grain or fruit, is the Lord’s, and is holy".

Now if we are to give a tenth part of our land's produce to the Lord, does that means we are meant to give just a tenth part of our incomes alone? Imagine a trader who buys a good for 10,000 and sells at 15,000 and who is also a dedicated tithes. Would he just tithe from the 5,000naira income he made or from the entire 15,000.
Pls I need answers from the house to know I and some other businessmen have not been tithing wrong all these while.

Happy Sunday NL

cc:Lalasticala
Re: How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? by sekundosekundo: 7:32am On Feb 05, 2017
SubtleFRED:
Now I don't want to start arguing on if tithing is right or wrong. The bible odered every Christian to give a tenth part of his or her land's produce and so I believe it is right to do so for every bible studies and obeying Christian. See Lev 27:30 TLB "A tenth of the produce of the land, whether grain or fruit, is the Lord’s, and is holy".

Now if we are to give a tenth part of our land's produce to the Lord, does that means we are meant to give just a tenth part of our incomes alone? Imagine a trader who buys a good for 10,000 and sells at 15,000 and who is also a dedicated tithes. Would he just tithe from the 5,000naira income he made or from the entire 15,000.
Pls I need answers from the house to know I and some other businessmen have not been tithing wrong all these while.

Happy Sunday NL

cc:Lalasticala

Are you a genuine seeker of you just want to make mockery of Christianity?.

Whichever way, go and ask your pastor.
Re: How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? by thesicilian: 7:40am On Feb 05, 2017
10% of the profits would be ideal. That is, in your example above, you give 10% of the 5,000.
Re: How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? by SubtleFRED(m): 7:45am On Feb 05, 2017
sekundosekundo:

Are you a genuine seeker of you just want to make mockery of Christianity?.

Whichever way, go and ask your pastor.
Hey! I've been having issues with tithe payment and so I just want to know.
Thanks
Re: How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? by sekundosekundo: 7:46am On Feb 05, 2017
SubtleFRED:
Hey! I've been having issues with tithe payment and so I just want to know. Thanks
Are you a Christian?.
Re: How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? by SubtleFRED(m): 7:55am On Feb 05, 2017
sekundosekundo:

Are you a Christian?.
Yes sir. Isn't it obvious from my post?
Re: How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? by sekundosekundo: 7:56am On Feb 05, 2017
SubtleFRED:
Yes sir. Isn't it obvious from my post?
Go and ask your Pastor. He will explain to you better.
Re: How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? by SubtleFRED(m): 8:00am On Feb 05, 2017
sekundosekundo:

Go and ask your Pastor. He will explain to you better.
That's what I can't do that is why I came here for answers.
Re: How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? by sekundosekundo: 8:02am On Feb 05, 2017
SubtleFRED:
That's what I can't do that is why I came here for answers.

My dear you are not a Christian.
Re: How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 05, 2017
wait, you bought goods @10k 'nd sold for 15k. Since you made 5k out of the business, your tithe should be 500 ... It doesn't necessarily mean you must give all you have.

If you give all of that 5k , then I can't see you grow in business. Rather give the 500, so when you invest bigger next time , you can sow bigger.

1 Like

Re: How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? by mrvitalis(m): 9:55am On Feb 05, 2017
First of all i dont know what part of the Bible asked u to pay tithe... The Bible was very clear on tithe, u gather all ur earnings and take one tenth to a place he will show u and eat it...

Or convert it to money and buy what so ever ur soul lust after including alcohol... So i dont get ur questions... It's so clear..

2 Likes

Re: How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? by mrvitalis(m): 9:56am On Feb 05, 2017
Jacksonville:
wait, you bought goods @10k 'nd sold for 15k. Since you made 5k out of the business, your tithe should be 500 ... It doesn't necessarily mean you must give all you have.

If you give all of that 5k , then I can't see you grow in business. Rather give the 500, so when you invest bigger next time , you can sow bigger.
Were did the Bible say u should give someone ur tithe?? U are meant to eat ur tithe... Do j people read the bible at all or u only believe what daddy g.o says
Re: How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 05, 2017
mrvitalis:

Were did the Bible say u should give someone ur tithe?? U are meant to eat ur tithe... Do j people read the bible at all or u only believe what daddy g.o says

Who are you to tell me what to do... Your counsel is not needed on this one.

Tithe is given as a sign of appreciation ... In genesis 14, when Abraham heard what had happened in Sodom and Gomorrah, and how his nephew had been held captive with his properties by king kedorlaomer .. He took 3hundred nd eighteen men to rescue the sodomites including lot his nephew and their possessions.

It was successful. when he came back, he brought a one tenth of all he had recovered before the king and priest Melchizedek as an appreciation for what God had done for him and he blessed him.
Re: How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? by mrvitalis(m): 11:42am On Feb 05, 2017
Jacksonville:

Who are you to tell me what to do... Your counsel is not needed on this one.

Tithe is given as a sign of appreciation ... In genesis 14, when Abraham heard what had happened in Sodom and Gomorrah, and how his nephew had been held captive with his properties by king kedorlaomer .. He took 3hundred nd eighteen men to rescue the sodomites including lot his nephew and their possessions.

It was successful. when he came back, he brought a one tenth of all he had recovered before the king and priest Melchizedek as an appreciation for what God had done for him and he blessed him.

Read Dec 14 vs 22-28
Re: How Are Business People Meant To Calculate Their Tithes? by SubtleFRED(m): 8:04am On Feb 06, 2017
Jacksonville:

Okay thanks bro. That's just all I need

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

According To Scientists, This Is What The Real Image Of Jesus Christ Looks Like / Payment Of Tithes And Offering Is A Must According To Bible And Not Men Of God / Who Created Eleda?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.