Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Nigezie Vs Soundcity - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigezie Vs Soundcity (8080 Views)

Poll: Nigerzie or Soundcity?

Nigerzie: 37% (20 votes)
Soundcity: 62% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigezie To Sponsor Tonto Dike's 'Hi' Video / Nigezie Or Kennis Music Channel: Which Is Better. / Hip Tv Vs Soundcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigezie Vs Soundcity by layi(m): 11:54am On Jan 16, 2007
The music programs on Tv viz: Nigezie and Soundcity are definitely both of international standards. With world class presenters and production quality. Which do you think is hotter and why?
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by Pomoh: 2:01pm On Jan 16, 2007
may godbless u.soundcity has a very good,segment on their show just like base land mark.soundcity are gud graphically on set.which is one of those tins2 considered.nigezie is still at a par level.they give much like soundcity but they are not beggen
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by ck14real(m): 2:25pm On Jan 16, 2007
Wow thats a very difficult choice, I cant choose because both are my favourite because they are both superb and cool they play good muzic and nigezie is not new, its a rebrand of global sounds, so u see both shows ROCK!!!!!!!! cool
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by dominique(f): 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2007
its hard to choose but i'll go for soundcity cos nigezie wastes time on silly promos but i really dig both shows. makes nigerian t.v worth watching.
@layi which of these shows do you prefer?
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by layi(m): 10:05pm On Jan 16, 2007
They are both 'Hot' but i'll pick Soundcity simply because its richer in content , more programs/segments.
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by gbadex1(m): 5:39am On Jan 17, 2007
Nigezie or whatever it is called sucks like hell. Poor excuse for a musical program

Soundcity on the other hand rocks!!!
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by naijagal(f): 7:55am On Jan 17, 2007
have to agree dat nigezie wastes to much time promoting d show dan actually showing music videos.
no doubt d production of d program is of high standards but so is sound city & is still d best by far
truly sound city ROCKS! grin grin grin
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by freemanj(m): 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2007
both shows rock better than primetime and music africa atleast but for soundcity and nigezie i'll choose soundcity cos they play both Nigerian and international songs and its a 2hrs program unlike nigezie which is an hour program.and no disrespect to SOUL-E but i think he should shoot another video for his "naija is blessed" song that video makes me dizzy.
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by krs1(m): 11:56pm On Jan 17, 2007
I think Soundcity rocks.
but i have a problem with soundcity: they are not improving in terms of delivery compared to how long there have been on the scene. i guess its the problem most nigerians have; they want 100% control and that leaves no room for expansion where outside investment may need to come in. The management should be thinking of competing with the likes of Channel 0.

Look at what DStv did when FStv and TrendTV came on board: they brought out Dual tv decoder. now they have PVR. now who can beat that!!! its what i call being ahead of the competion.

There are so many music shows now on nigerian tv: video wheels, global sounds etc. SoundCity needs to expand and they and the veiwers will be better of for it.
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by chukky76(m): 1:50am On Jan 18, 2007
Soundcity is great, cant wait for them to get their dedicated channel locally and on DSTV.they need to add more content though, like a full versin of cars and cribs and not the clips they keep showing . we want to see how our artistes live, or dont you?

MusicAfrica is great also, holding it down africa wise and nothing else

Nigezie is rubbish. cant someone let that Next level guy know that its the same shit that made global sounds a flop thats going to eventually kill nigezie. we know you have good graphic artistes but pleasseee its a music program, not an arts showcase. the promos are too F U C K I N G much. their content is improving though , and great presenters but if they really want to compete, cut down on the promos and use your screen scrollers more for info like competitions and sms hot lines and not dedicatiing music minutes to divulge sms codes. you can never see that shit on soundcity
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by smartsoft(m): 4:17am On Jan 18, 2007
Sound is ma choice, nigzie or what is been called sucks, promos thy are eating our money can you imagin huh? like someone said here you can never see sound city do rubbish, they ar very matured in what they do. as or Nigezie hummm poor them
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by akindayor(m): 5:15am On Jan 18, 2007
i make it ezie 4all ya rate dem in 10's

graphics =
quality segments =
presenters/presentation =
music videos =
audience/followership =
extras (interactives) =
all in all = ***
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by eemelike(m): 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2007
Soundcity is it man. Unlike nigezie with its endless promos. Abi na only them like naira so!!!
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by dominique(f): 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2007
word!!!!!!!!
freemanj:

both shows rock better than primetime and music africa atleast but for soundcity and nigezie i'll choose soundcity because they play both Nigerian and international songs and its a 2hrs program unlike nigezie which is an hour program.and no disrespect to SOUL-E but i think he should shoot another video for his "naija is blessed" song that video makes me dizzy.
grin
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by OpeLovely(f): 4:01am On Jan 24, 2007
They are both interesting programs and are definitely better than Inside Africa (not the CNN program), Da nu Live Beats, Lunch Hour Fiesta & Co,

But unfortunately, Nigezie spends too much time on promos and if they are not careful, they would end up like Global Sounds. Also, the graphics is too overwhelming. Its nice but the graphic artists are overdoing it, for God's sake. Less is more. But they have a nice concept as they stick to Nigerian songs and are creative with their Lafta Segment where they showcase comedians.

Soundcity is definitely my favourite with segments like the Top Ten, Specials, Fresh and Co. I hate the Body and Soul segment as its dull coupled with a boring presenter. The guy that presents Top Ten needs to have a new wardrobe and can't he wear polo shirts or other clothes than the usual oversized shirts he wears. Kudos to creative Denrele and the Chick that co-present Specials Segment.
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by SunkyJay1: 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2007
All I wanna say is both Shows are tight at least now I can get back from work and put on my tv when my DSTV subscription has expired. Sound city and Nigezie are both blessings to us all lets try and appreciate both parties
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by thabomb: 4:56pm On Jan 24, 2007
hey hey slow down yall, i been readin the comments yall,soundcity is cool aight,but give nigezie the time that sound has spent on the game,nigezie is barely 2 months old whereas sound is like a year plus, 2 years, common,nigezie has redefined the game the same way global sounds redefined music shows, soundcity is a golrified global sounds, job well done tho, but lets see what nigezie has to offer, !!!!!!
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by slug(m): 5:23pm On Jan 24, 2007
soundcity's alright!!! at least they came into the game and made all other music shows before them look like a baby's asswipe, nigezie's new and the fact that the show's already been compared with sound city means they're definitely doing something right, i believe nigezie's still testing waters and they've got a lot more in the bag.
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by magenta: 7:34pm On Jan 24, 2007
hey from the professional point of view, [color=#006600][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] shocked
check out a 2months old baby doing all that compare with all that with 2years baby that is still crawling,
one more thing, nigezie is a platform while soundcity is a station and i bet you, if they continue like this you will be bored with your subscription.

one hour nigezie will be equall to 10days of sound city by the time nigezie is 2yrs old watchout and mark my word. word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pls can you check out the presenter diction,outlook, and , to be continue[left][/left]
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by lalaboi(m): 8:38pm On Jan 24, 2007
sound city
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by clan: 1:26am On Jan 26, 2007
i am so glad about one thing, i was informed that from the concept to the execution of these two programs its solely Nigerians-no foreigner is involved. Nigeria is finally in motion. look around you, every thing and every body is moving , we can see people reaching for the next stage , the higher stage and level in every vocation and profession.i am happy about nigezie and soundcity , its an indication of things to come.a manifestation of the true nigerian energy and potency which we have forgotten or infact have no idea that we posses. But going by the purpose of this dicussion which mandates me to make a comparism,i will then rate nigezie as beta than sound city because i see nigezie giving the Nigerian a voice,nigezie appears to me like a brand thats emerging with a rather unprecedented originalty and energy.this is one of the few times that i have seen Nigeria or lets say a set of Nigerians identify with Nigeria without holding anything back. but i hope whoever is behind this vision will find the grace to continue to be true to it.they should look out for three things that normally cripple the average nigerian project 1. lack of maintenance culture 2. selfish interest 3. lack of consistency and continiuty. i wish you all the best. i am extremely Nigerian.
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by chukky76(m): 4:55am On Jan 26, 2007
okay the last three people clan slug and magenta tht chose nigezie only have one post each. means its the same staff or owner of nigezie coming to hype his company.

and dont be silly in your statements,2 month old baby and 2 year old baby , bull s h i t. if i started a car manufacturing company today am i supposed to start making cars with steam engines? i'm going to start with todays standards and technologies. means nigezie didnt start from where soundcity started from.
and tha bomb i think you meant nigezie is a glorified global sounds becos its the same person that owns both of them hence the annoyting plethora of promotional material on both programs

any idiot sees that soundcity is better. nigezie is cool but too many adverts. the content on both is similar

and magenta both soundcity and nigezie are noth platforms as i dont think sound city has a dedicated station /channelyet. correct me if i'm wrong
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by dominique(f): 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2007
well said chukky
chukky76:

okay the last three people clan slug and magenta that chose nigezie only have one post each. means its the same staff or owner of nigezie coming to hype his company.

and don't be silly in your statements,2 month old baby and 2 year old baby , bull s h i t. if i started a car manufacturing company today am i supposed to start making cars with steam engines? i'm going to start with todays standards and technologies. means nigezie didnt start from where soundcity started from.
and tha bomb i think you meant nigezie is a glorified global sounds because its the same person that owns both of them hence the annoyting plethora of promotional material on both programs

any idiot sees that soundcity is better. nigezie is cool but too many adverts. the content on both is similar

and magenta both soundcity and nigezie are noth platforms as i don't think sound city has a dedicated station /channelyet. correct me if i'm wrong
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by base: 10:45pm On Feb 05, 2007
cool wsup you guys, i am feeling nigezie and i am feeling soundcity, i hear soundcity is on cable,pls can som1 tell me what cable is it. i also heard nigezie is on a cable too. pls does any one have an info on that, let me know . u guys stop the contest y'll rock, the 2 shows really rock.
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by beyunce(f): 6:04pm On Feb 13, 2007
Soundcity
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by 3pledee(f): 2:43pm On Feb 15, 2007
soundcity definitely rocks,

d only thing i enjoy about nigezie is d jokes, though once in a while they are annoyingly dry

the videos they show,,am not too sure of, am still tryn to understand them
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by oyinboaja: 9:36am On Mar 29, 2007
na wa oh
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by busygirl(f): 10:34am On Mar 29, 2007
Soundcity rocks!
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by magenta: 7:30pm On May 21, 2007
kudos to everybody, but for dominique or what go to school learn how to use words here where i grew up we dont use words like bullshit or f word. it shows how irresponsible and babaric you are. gba lesson lodo iku joo. aigh. whats all this shout on nigezie and sound city for long time hey they are doing well at least a product is coming from nigerria and its acceptable by all so tan file dont touch it. and watch out sound city is a station yet to be launched, likewise nigezie who has started test transmission.
so i think they are all plartform go learn and be schooled aigh i feel like meeting you in ,

you jusrt show how not to encourage a project and that is why we are scared of coming home to establish.

mag.mag.magenta.
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by ronkarazo(m): 12:09pm On Jun 08, 2007
No vex say i revive dis topic.

Nigezie and sound city both rock,

Check the facts; both channels are run by intelligent young bizness men; Kwame (N) and Tajudeen (S).

Both channels are now on cable, Nigezie is on HITV and Sound City is on TELEVISTA a cable platform headed by Tajudeen.

I believe these young men are doing fantastically well and are ready for 21st century bizness.

Ayo Animashauns (publisher of Hip Hop World Magazine) HIP TV should also do well cos just like his predecessors in this sector of music tv he is passionate about naija music and well connected from top to bottom. May i add that Tajudeen owns Blast Magazine.

Dem guys are doing big things and as long as intelligent and resourceful young men are coming up with quality channels then its all good.

I hear some more will also spring up soon, as long as they are tight and representative of Naija, no lele.
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by danniecool(m): 5:38pm On Jun 08, 2007
Soundcity the first, best, biggest and the most consistence
Re: Nigezie Vs Soundcity by origina9ja(f): 3:58pm On Aug 24, 2008
soundcity of course
no explaination
even the dumb can tell

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chris Brown Hypes Wizkid On Instagram / Photos Of My Top 7 Favourite Highlife Musicians / "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.