Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

My Passat 09 Jerking When Gear Is Put On D Or R - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Passat 09 Jerking When Gear Is Put On D Or R (909 Views)

Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park(p) / Need A Good Re-wire To Resolve My PASSAT 2001 Model Issue. / I Urgently Need A Very Cheap Very Good Passat 09 Tsi Engine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Passat 09 Jerking When Gear Is Put On D Or R by fullman(m): 1:51am On Feb 06, 2017
Hello good mechanic,
Please I recently change the engine of my Passat 09 from Tsi to its FSI version.. Its working well but when I move gear to D or R it jerks. This has now make the transmission fluid to leak where engine and gear is screwed together.the mechanic that did the conversion is now in abuja.
What's the cause..and which mechanic can help.
Am in Ibadan.
Thanks
Re: My Passat 09 Jerking When Gear Is Put On D Or R by Kashif(m): 10:06am On Feb 06, 2017
Get in touch with the mechanic. Let him come and finish the conversion.

3 Likes

Re: My Passat 09 Jerking When Gear Is Put On D Or R by skillip(m): 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2017
Sorry about your car, since you fixed it in. Abuja, I only know Mechanics/gear speacilist @Iyana Itire in Lagos, that's the market for Vw. Quote me if you can come to Lagos. Thanks.
Re: My Passat 09 Jerking When Gear Is Put On D Or R by mayor2013: 9:05pm On Feb 06, 2017
Problem car. Like Mr kashif had said let them Continue with the coversion. The job is yet to be completed
Re: My Passat 09 Jerking When Gear Is Put On D Or R by fullman(m): 9:06pm On Feb 08, 2017
@kashif thanks so much,it seem the mechanic is lying about his whereabout.
@skillip please help me with a number of a skilled mechanic and rewire that can help in itire.
Thanks all
Re: My Passat 09 Jerking When Gear Is Put On D Or R by lakefist(m): 10:28pm On Feb 08, 2017
Check for any misfire, it happened to my car until i did a thorough scan and found out it was a misfire from cylinder 4
Re: My Passat 09 Jerking When Gear Is Put On D Or R by Readonee35L(m): 7:36am On Feb 09, 2017
Tsi and Fsi are two different engines with different configuration.
It's not by removing one and puting the other just like that.
They have different Ecu, harness, Fuel injettison system , and fuel pump.
You'll definitely have issues .

And the engine will die a premature death because of wrong data input from the ecu
Re: My Passat 09 Jerking When Gear Is Put On D Or R by Charlssey(m): 9:41am On Feb 09, 2017
In all your checking, check your engine mounts too.
Re: My Passat 09 Jerking When Gear Is Put On D Or R by olatommy7(m): 9:45am On Feb 09, 2017
Charlssey:
In all your checking, check your engine mounts too.
If your car jerking its gear problems, oil is is too old, have it changed, if damage is much you're may have to change gear box, all the best
Re: My Passat 09 Jerking When Gear Is Put On D Or R by skillip(m): 1:02pm On Feb 09, 2017
@skillip please help me with a number of a skilled mechanic and rewire that can help in itire.
Thanks all
[/quote]. Please can you drop your number I will call you. Don't want to drop people'snumber on a public forum. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Red Flip Switch In 2006 RAV 4 / Thread For BMW - Maintenance Tips, Suggestions Etc / BMW E36 318i Transmission Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.