Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Bayelsa Govt Donates 1,200 Hectares Of Land To Herdsmen - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Bayelsa Govt Donates 1,200 Hectares Of Land To Herdsmen (514 Views)

Best Irrigation For 200 Hectares Rice Farm? / 200 Hectares Of Farmland For Sale In Abuja / Agro News Nigeria To Develop New Phase Of 200 Hectares Soybean & Sesame Farms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Govt Donates 1,200 Hectares Of Land To Herdsmen by Nazacent: 2:43pm On Feb 06, 2017
As part of efforts to prevent the invasion of farmlands, Bayelsa state Government has donated 1,200 hectares of land to cattle herdsmen.

State Chairman, Cattle Ranches Management and Control Committee, Shitu Mohammed, who disclosed this during an interactive session with herdsmen, butchers, farmers and security agencies informed that the 1,200 hectares of land was for ranch development, grazing and slaughtering of cattle.

Mohammed said the committee was set up by the state government to foster cordial relationship between the cattle rearers, farmers and the people.

Mohammed said that more ranches would be donated to the cattle rearers to maintain peace and order in the state.

Lauding the efforts of the state government, the chairman expressed confidence that the gesture would help to sustain the lasting peace that had existed between herdsmen and farmers in the state.

He however called the citizens to appreciate the provision of the ranch as it will create job opportunities and boost tourism in the state.

https://thefarmersdiary./2017/02/06/bayelsa-govt-donates-1200-hectares-of-land-to-herdsmen/
Re: Bayelsa Govt Donates 1,200 Hectares Of Land To Herdsmen by tempest01(m): 3:01pm On Feb 06, 2017
Bayelsa state should take a cue from what happened in the middle belt. You settle these guys, with time, they plan a takeover.

Hope they operate with wisdom
Re: Bayelsa Govt Donates 1,200 Hectares Of Land To Herdsmen by loiusdthird(m): 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2017
Re: Bayelsa Govt Donates 1,200 Hectares Of Land To Herdsmen by adescopy(m): 3:09pm On Feb 06, 2017
I really do nt understand all dis donation of southen land to herdmen of northen extraction when this same governors can nt give their own pple land. Just hope that in trying to solve a problem, we dnt create more for ourselves because this pple have a way of multiplying and taking over ppls land.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt Donates 1,200 Hectares Of Land To Herdsmen by Taribizy(m): 4:00pm On Feb 06, 2017
I think this may have happened because awareness and education in Bayelsa is very low. If the conditions and consequences of allowing herdsmen to settle in Bayelsa was explained in its totality, I'm sure it will be out rightly rejected...I know I wont take it. They will know what has happened when the women can no longer go to those farms. I know nobody in Bayelsa announced this deal on TV before approving. Shame .
and to think that the oil is under our feet, with no education it is worthless cry
Re: Bayelsa Govt Donates 1,200 Hectares Of Land To Herdsmen by stagger: 6:20pm On Feb 06, 2017
Stupid Bayelsa govt. Where in the North has any state donated land to Niger Deltans for any agric activity? A state where land is a premium because it is mostly riverine.

it is not enough that the Northerners own most of the oil blocs. Now Dickson and his people want to sign off the land to these people too. What nonsense! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Govt Donates 1,200 Hectares Of Land To Herdsmen by henrimoto(m): 5:04am On Feb 07, 2017
stagger:
Stupid Bayelsa govt. Where in the North has any state donated land to Niger Deltans for any agric activity? A state where land is a premium because it is mostly riverine.

it is not enough that the Northerners own most of the oil blocs. Now Dickson and his people want to sign off the land to these people too. What nonsense! angry angry
Land for bayelsa wey no plenty before na him dem dey give a whole 1,200 hectares out for free!

(1) (Reply)

Frustration Of Many Young Agropreneur/entrepreneur....sehgatehub / All Poultry And Fish Farmers Need To See This / Floating Feed Pellet Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.