Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 (113821 Views)

Ecobank Nigeria Intensive Graduate Program 2017 / Apply For The Nigerian Bottling Company Graduate Management Trainee Program 2017 / The Lagos State Graduate Internship Program 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by sawyer89: 11:33am On Apr 22, 2017
LaRochelle:
My Experience.

I started my interview say around 9:50pm or so. I entered, greeted and sat. I was asked to introduce myself, I did. Mr Tonye even told me to clap for myself. I was already feeling like a Chief. It was time to pick a number from the basket. Of all the numbers my hand could pick, it was freaking number 9 embarassed. The topic was "Love is not a feeling but a business". I could argue for or against.

I was blank, I kid not. I asked for some seconds to gather my thoughts. Is it not when you have thoughts that you can gather them sad? My head, brain and all its components decided to betray me at the last minute. I attempted arguing for. I mumbled one two-line poem, and fuel finished.

The Board tried all they could to juggle my head. They told me to replace the love with like. They said I should replace like with the person I like. They said I should scream out (one of them helped me scream but I couldn't scream 'cause I really can't consciously). One of them used Valentine to see if it could work. They even sang for me Lagbaja's Wherever You Go. Ladies and Gentlemen, my brain was just being silly.

I now decided to argue against. I said some stuff I can't even remember. Mr Tonye had to thank me for my time grin. I felt I didn't do well and had to apologise (whether that was a wrong move or not, I know not).

All in all, I really liked the Board. They made me feel super comfortable. They had nice, welcoming expressions on their faces; the kind that is interested in what you have to say. They were some young people there; people who are in their thirties, some forties, two or three in their fifties.

Modified:
Till now, I still can't conjure up what I would have said. I am not going to blame my head again. If you have any idea of what I could have said, kindly tell.

You could have argue for.

You could have explained that love is not a feeling but source of benefits which could be monetary, sexual, etc.

You could have further explained that lots claimed to be in a relationship (business transaction) because of what they're benefiting (which to you is the profit).

They gave you pointers from their songs and side talks!

Stay hopeful and I wish you the best.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by LaRochelle(f): 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2017
sawyer89:

You could have argue for.

You could have explained that love is not a feeling but source of benefits which could be monetary, sexual, etc.

You could have further explained that lots claimed to be in a relationship (business transaction) because of what they're benefiting (which to you is the profit).

They gave you pointers from their songs and side talks!

Stay hopeful and I wish you the best.

Thank you.

PS: All ye GAAP candidates, I know y'all are on Nairaland, either as guests or members. Come and share your experience...
agroronnie, I know who thou art.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by agroronnie: 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
I sight u my sister @LaRochelle. I cant wait to hear GMTP's experience grin , lolzz.
Funny Coy
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Noel001: 6:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
LaRochelle:

cheesy When you people asked who LaRochelle is, did you guys really think I would raise my hand cool?

Be forming CIA agent abi DSS.... Lol
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Noel001: 6:54pm On Apr 22, 2017
LaRochelle:
My Experience.

I started my interview say around 9:50pm or so. I entered, greeted and sat. I was asked to introduce myself, I did. Mr Tonye even told me to clap for myself. I was already feeling like a Chief. It was time to pick a number from the basket. Of all the numbers my hand could pick, it was freaking number 9 embarassed. The topic was "Love is not a feeling but a business". I could argue for or against.

I was blank, I kid not. I asked for some seconds to gather my thoughts. Is it not when you have thoughts that you can gather them sad? My head, brain and all its components decided to betray me at the last minute. I attempted arguing for. I mumbled one two-line poem, and fuel finished.

The Board tried all they could to juggle my head. They told me to replace the love with like. They said I should replace like with the person I like. They said I should scream out (one of them helped me scream but I couldn't scream 'cause I really can't consciously). One of them used Valentine to see if it could work. They even sang for me Lagbaja's Wherever You Go. Ladies and Gentlemen, my brain was just being silly.

I now decided to argue against. I said some stuff I can't even remember. Mr Tonye had to thank me for my time grin. I felt I didn't do well and had to apologise (whether that was a wrong move or not, I know not).

All in all, I really liked the Board. They made me feel super comfortable. They had nice, welcoming expressions on their faces; the kind that is interested in what you have to say. They were some young people there; people who are in their thirties, some forties, two or three in their fifties.

Modified:
Till now, I still can't conjure up what I would have said. I am not going to blame my head again. If you have any idea of what I could have said, kindly tell.

Wow.....dat was something
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by LaRochelle(f): 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
agroronnie:
I sight u my sister @LaRochelle. I cant wait to hear GMTP's experience grin , lolzz.
Funny Coy

Me sef, I'm anticipating gist from GMTP people.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by LaRochelle(f): 6:59pm On Apr 22, 2017
Noel001:

Wow.....dat was something

smiley Tell us your own experience nah.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
Mine wasn't good at all, but I won't beat myself up, the timing of the interview was terrible I went in few minutes past 11..imagine, for a job interview..before entering my mind was just on how I will get home (I went home d next day tho)
I pick number 4, Who and What defines an average man, after fumbling I could only answer the What part, they asked me to talk about a topic I knew i decided to talk about Whistle-blower, of all the questions they could ask me..they asked me for the origin of Whistle blowing..I could not answer obviously, the other CEO told me how it started from Jerusalem and all...
I couldn't wait for it to end!!!
(PS: GMT people are still there now at 10:32pm...10 people left..this is not cool in anyway)
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 22, 2017
Judging by what the HR guy said...selection will be based on total performance since the start of the recruitment..but if it is only on the interview yesterday then..bye bye to Sahara for me
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Noel001: 12:03am On Apr 23, 2017
LaRochelle:

smiley Tell us your own experience nah.

Mine started with everyone chanting my name as I was entering [i][/i]"Noel, Noel Noel Noel born is the.... "....then I was asked the history behind the name and I answered, then came follow up comments and everyone had a good laugh.
Then down to business. I was asked a story that interests the most. At first I talked about Nigeria's economy currently but apparently that doesn't qualify. Then I talked about the fact that someone had #50m dollars in their account. Then the questions came. And more questions and clapbacks.At a point I said "No reasonable person will keep.... "and the CEO asked me of I knew if anyone had owned up to the money... I said No.... Then he said he is the owner. Does that mean He's unreasonable? # ghen ghen# Trap... I sha said No. Then He Concluded that I too like rumours. Then followed by questions about my current job and the other Top boss said that because I was retained after service " I am Cheap"...i tried defending myself.... It seemed to only make matters worse.... All the while everyone was having a good laugh.Then they said "That will be all". As usual I was still in shock so I took some time, stood up and said "thank you"....as I was leaving one of them now said something like "Abi you don't want to go"....den everyone burst laughing again... Me inclusive.....dat was it o.... Officially my craziest interview..... Twas quite entertaining tho...... I guess.... Lol

1 Like

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by LaRochelle(f): 1:46am On Apr 23, 2017
grin We all seem to have had interesting experiences.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by VMpi744: 6:55am On Apr 23, 2017
SaharaComedy grin

Wishing you guys all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Ozymandias69: 7:51pm On Apr 23, 2017
Gmtp guys , yesterday was .... an experience, there are so many wonderful , brilliant people out there with different views on life and insights. Spending time with you all was fun and an experience ,it's sad that all of us won't all be working together but I wish all of us (myself included ) the best of luck wether at Sahara or elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by aiphee16: 10:00am On Apr 24, 2017
The wait..... Part 4.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by blank(f): 10:48am On Apr 24, 2017
LaRochelle:
My Experience.

Modified:

Awww. I would have argued for. Valentine day is now big business and its all centered around love or the illusion of it. I would have said how letting someone fall in love with you could ensure you are made for life. Etc etc.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by aiphee16: 3:30pm On Apr 24, 2017
blank:

Awww. I would have argued for. Valentine day is now big business and its all centered around love or the illusion of it. I would have said how letting someone fall in love with you could ensure you are made for life. Etc etc.
True that. I would have argued for. No-one goes into a relationship or marriage without the intention of getting something(profit) out of it.
It could be security, children, status, respect, companionship, etc.
It is only in exceptional circumstances that people go in to give and then their profit is that they get to feel good about themselves.
So......

1 Like

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by agroronnie: 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
Stage 4 was a stress interview designed to see how we respond under pressure (large number of interviewers in one room), it wasn't about getting the right answer because lets be honest apart from those who set the questions, most of them were clueless, but they were all keen for a reaction tho.
For the future; key is to remain confident (show zero emotions), i don't know is an okay answer, always ask questions for them to elaborate infact they expect you to, even if you don't get the right answer, show a logical line of thought to finding solution..... but most importantly they are not being mean because they might just be care free.... its just a technique. .......... so DO NOT BREAK!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by LaRochelle(f): 10:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
agroronnie:
Stage 4 was a stress interview designed to see how we respond under pressure (large number of interviewers in one room), it wasn't about getting the right answer because lets be honest apart from those who set the questions, most of them were clueless, but they were all keen for a reaction tho.
For the future; key is to remain confident (show zero emotions), i don't know is an okay answer, always ask questions for them to elaborate infact they expect you to, even if you don't get the right answer, show a logical line of thought to finding solution..... but most importantly they are not being mean because they might just be care free.... its just a technique. .......... so DO NOT BREAK!

Errm, I'm curious about something. Who told you this?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by agroronnie: 11:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
LaRochelle:

Errm, I'm curious about something. Who told you this?

Research more on stress interview and link it to your last sahara interview. ... we all met a "mean" panel whose mission was to make us feel uncomfortable plus "the delay".
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by LaRochelle(f): 11:30pm On Apr 25, 2017
agroronnie:

Research more on stress interview and link it to your last sahara interview. ... we all met a "mean" panel whose mission was to make us feel uncomfortable plus "the delay".

Are you sure we interviewed with the same people grin? The goal of the people that interviewed me was to make me feel as comfortable as possible. They were even massaging my brain (figuratively).

1 Like

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by agroronnie: 4:21am On Apr 26, 2017
LaRochelle:

Are you sure we interviewed with the same people grin? The goal of the people that interviewed me was to make me feel as comfortable as possible. They were even massaging my brain (figuratively).

Lmao..... massage your brain lol grin no be only massage your brain na cook them cook am. Some candidates got really emotional post interview maybe na true say no be the same panel o, e be like say me i interview with the gate man panel, dem real epp me wash my brain no be small grin .
Anyways just incase of next time just read up stress interview, its rarely used, but when an interviewer uses it in recruitment, he most certainly isn't after the conventional, so you know what is expected and what to do.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by vizy6(f): 7:49am On Apr 26, 2017
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by aiphee16: 11:26pm On Apr 26, 2017
Is it weird that I want them to add another stage to the interview just so I can see what else they come up with? smiley smiley smiley
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by LaRochelle(f): 11:16am On Apr 27, 2017
agroronnie, how far? You seem to know when mails would be rolling out cool.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by agroronnie: 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
just saw a email from sahara
I got into gaap

1 Like

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by LaRochelle(f): 12:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
agroronnie:
just saw a email from sahara
I got into gaap

Wowcheesy. That's very nice. Congratulations!
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Valerie90210(f): 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
Congrats to all who made it. And to those who didn't, just keep on pushing and don't get discouraged.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by LaRochelle(f): 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
I just saw my email. I didn't get into Sahara. I'm supposed to be sad but for some reason, the sadness isn't coming.

All other GAAP candidates, which other person got in?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Valerie90210(f): 1:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
I also got a success mail! GAP people who else was successful?

1 Like

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
Regret mail for me...Congrats @agroronnie. I was too sure u will enter
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by agroronnie: 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
Toyekush:
Regret mail for me...Congrats @agroronnie. I was too sure u will enter
toye, toye.... I was really looking forward to working with you, we were all crazy in that room, and i finally got a copy of our famous selfie.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by cc150615(f): 2:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
Congratulations to all the successfuls, recruitment started in February and ended in April despite the 'many stages'. successful candidates would resume maybe next month, no unnecessary suspense and looks transparent enough, I just remembered what I said at the beginning of this thread when some ppl were badmouthing the company,
I don't have any attachments whatsoever to Sahara but with the way employers and recruiters treat job seekers in Nigeria, when we see people doing it right, we should appreciate them.
Btw I heard peeps were reimbursed transport on the final interview.
Congratulations again agroronnie and co.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme / How Can One Get A Job At Shoprite? / Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.