Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread - Sports (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread (44077 Views)

Poll: Which team will win the 2010 African Cup of Nations?

Nigeria: 46% (114 votes)
Ivory Coast: 24% (61 votes)
Ghana: 6% (15 votes)
Cameroon: 6% (17 votes)
Angola: 1% (4 votes)
Algeria: 0% (0 votes)
Egypt: 13% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by kaypumpin2(m): 12:04am On Jan 27, 2010
tkb417:

the 92 team were lucky (Ghana were better; even Nigeria woulda beaten them)
the 94 team were class and were obviously the best team of the tourney

they woulda massacred Zambia in the finals
Lucky?How so?that team was efficient abeg.

And did you just say the Ivorians were better than even us in 94?I laugh in Amuneke grin
That SE 94 team was brimming with so much talent we could parade a team B that will beat most of African teams.Forget what those emotionally charged Zambians did to us late on in the final.

And in 96 when we could have won the ACN easily,what did the googled one do? cry

BTW,wetin u dey do for Dakar?
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by chic2pimp(m): 12:07am On Jan 27, 2010
tkb417:

where is Ruudie

shebi he said Cameroon will beat Egypt?

i just remembered now sef

Ruudie come show your face o cheesy
Which ruddie? Abi you mean Rudolph? undecided
The Bobo no go show face again. If nah to to open him mouth, he go dey here.

honeric01:

P. Katongo, the guy na soldier thats why him no tire yesterday, he's an offensive midfielder and also plays as a striker for them.

Those with Drogba, Eto and Kanoute are all out of the competition so which one do you prefer?

Let's wait for the worldcup, i know that this team won't go to the worldcup, i mean many of the players won't make it.

Nwaneri
Etuhu
Olofinjana
Yabuku
Kanu

these players shouldn't be in the worldcup squad
The SE need Kanu cuz let's be honest with ourselves, he is still the SE's most creative player.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by tkb417(m): 12:11am On Jan 27, 2010
@Kay
the CIV 92 team woulda lost to Nigeria and i think they were lucky against Ghana
cant remember now i think either of Yeboah or Pele missed the final against them

the CIV 94 team was better than our 94 team
they played us well and we had our goalie to thank.  although Yekini missed some goals too, they were better overall

omo, i no even static for Dakar, my waka na 4 way waka
Dakar, Jo'bourg, Nairobi and Doha be my route

na wetin i go chop na im dey push me up and down
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by Sauron1: 12:16am On Jan 27, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Lucky?How so?that team was efficient abeg.

Efficiency ma backside.
They won via penalty shoot-out(11-10) against Ghana without Abedi Pele in the final

And did you just say the Ivorians were better than even us in 94?I laugh in Amuneke grin

Thinking about it now. . . . . .I think they were slightly better than us.
Joel Tiehi and Abdoulaye Traore were superb in that tournament.
They took Ghana apart and had Iroha not broken Tiehi's ankle in that our match, we were there to be slaughtered.

That SE 94 team was brimming with so much talent we could parade a team B that will beat most of African teams.Forget what those emotionally charged Zambians did to us late on in the final.

Yet our team A lost to them in Abidjan in the WCQ of 1993.

And in 96 when we could have won the ACN easily,what did the googled one do? cry

That na another matter. grin grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by chic2pimp(m): 12:21am On Jan 27, 2010
kay_pumpin:

BTW,wetin u dey do for Dakar?

I bet this assumption is based on the fact we won the Olympic football tournament in 1996.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by kaypumpin2(m): 12:38am On Jan 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

Efficiency ma backside.
They won via penalty shoot-out(11-10) against Ghana without Abedi Pele in the final
Didn't they win the tourney?

Thinking about it now. . . . . .I think they were slightly better than us.
Joel Tiehi and Abdoulaye Traore were superb in that tournament.
They took Ghana apart.

I say it again,no team was better than the SE squad in 94 in the whole of Africa, The 5th best team and second most entertaining team in the world? grin
The same Ivorian team Okocha was toying with their the midfielders?

Yet our team A lost to them in Abidjan in the WCQ of 1993.

Sauron if you indeed watched this match you wouldn't even bring this match up.Isn't that the match that made Siasia became a persona non grata in Clemence's team.Refusing to pass to a free Yekini when they were both free on goal.We so much out-played them they resorted to jazz  grin grin grin

What am i saying sef,so what team eventually qualified for the World Cup and went on to do great things(by Africa's standard).That same 94 team that was almost running away with victory against eventual finalist Italy?

Mind you i ain't restricting this argument to just Tunis 94.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by Borat1: 12:41am On Jan 27, 2010
Who should/would replace apam in defence?
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by mukina2: 12:44am On Jan 27, 2010
Kanu grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by Sauron1: 12:45am On Jan 27, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Didn't they win the tourney?

We woulda beaten Ghana 4-0 without Abedi Pele.
That Ghana took em to extra time and then a boring penalty shoot-out should tell you CIV were ordinary that year.
They just took advantage of a Pele-less Ghana. grin

I say it again,no team was better than the SE squad in 94 in the whole of Africa, The 5th best team and second most entertaining team in the world? grin
The same Ivorian team Okocha was toying with their the midfielders?

In 94, SE had the best squad without a doubt but in the 120 mins against CIV in Tunis, they were better than us.

Sauron if you indeed watched this match you wouldn't even bring this match up.Isn't that the match that made Siasia became a persona non grata in Clemence's team.Refusing to pass to a free Yekini when they were both free on goal.We so much out-played them they resorted to jazz  grin grin grin

So Siasia failed to pass to Yekini. . . . .Christ, Bendtner failed to pass to Van Persie and Arsenal lost to Man Utd. grin grin grin grin
There musta been 2000 articles written over that incident. How can a single misjudgement in the first half cost us in a game of 90 mins?
How did we concede 2 goals after Yekini's opener in Abidjan?

What am i saying sef,so what team eventually qualified for the World Cup and went on to do great things(by Africa's standard).That same 94 team that was almost running away with victory against eventual finalist Italy?

The same 94 team that couldn't beat Egypt? grin grin grin grin

Mind you i ain't restricting this argument to just Tunis 94.

I see. . . . . . grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by kaypumpin2(m): 12:49am On Jan 27, 2010
~Borat~:

Who should/would replace apam in defence?
Of course Nwaneri will come in which will be calamitous.Ayila with the little i saw yesterday WILL do a better job at CB compared to this Oby who is rather clumsy with his tackle and shabby  with his postioning.

Please is Uche Kalu injured people?
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by DrKitaun(m): 12:54am On Jan 27, 2010
@Kay

The 94 team of CIV was at par with the Nigerian team, and I dare say the competition that year is one with probably the highest standards so far when considering the reservoir of potentials, talented and established players that graced the competition and made the world pay attention . . .

Senegal 92 CIV side had a chance of staying together, achieving an unusual synergy synonymous to our Arab brothers, and by 1994, it took a powerfully graceful Nigerian side to out-do them in that game . . .

pls lets not forget that the likes of Fofana, Traore, Tiehi, Goumane, Bassole were at their peak then, but for our own SE to get to the zenith of their careers they had to do in the Ivoriens first . . .had our SE lost that match our[b] GOLDEN GENERATION WOULDNT HAVE BEEN ANY GOLDEN  cheesy[/b]

lastly, the jazz factor  grin abi una forget say na rain spoil dem jazz dat day ?  undecided  grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by kaypumpin2(m): 1:12am On Jan 27, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

@Kay

The 94 team of CIV was at par with the Nigerian team, and I dare say the competition that year is one with probably the highest standards so far when considering the reservoir of potentials, talented and established players that graced the competition and made the world pay attention . . .
Almost at par you mean.One index that could be used to judge the 2 teams played itself out when both met in Tunis 94 and we BEAT them.I agree totally with your assertion about how competitive that tourney was.Between Maroc 88 and Tunis 94,ACN was a competition to look forward to.

I can count on how many matches i have seen in this present tourney on one hand.The officiating on one hand is another story entirely.

Senegal 92 CIV side had a chance of staying together, achieving an unusual synergy synonymous to our Arab brothers, and by 1994, it took a powerfully graceful Nigerian side to out-do them in that game . . .

Bless you bro.That 92 team was compact and played like a pack of wolves on hunt,hence my word EFFICIENT.Isn't that the reason the peeps up North Africa always have one over their sub-saharan brothers?T[/b]ogether [b]E[/b]ach [b]A[/b]chieves [b]M[/b]ore.

pls lets not forget that the likes of Fofana, Traore, Tiehi, Goumane, Bassole were at their peak then, but for our own SE to get to the zenith of their careers they had to do in the Ivoriens first . . .had our SE lost that match our[b] GOLDEN GENERATION WOULDNT HAVE BEEN ANY GOLDEN  cheesy
Permit to sound hyperbolic here.Every member of that SE 94 was at their peak then. grin

lastly, the jazz factor  grin abi una forget say na rain spoil dem jazz dat day ?  undecided  grin
Rain fall that day? grin grin Africans and stupidity.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by DrKitaun(m): 1:32am On Jan 27, 2010
@Kay

that reminds me . . .shebi u talk say a couple of ur siblings go my school ? ask them naw ! rain fall for Naija, still fall for Tunis, am not joking !!! IT WASNT UNTIL RAIN FELL TOWARDS THE END OF EXTRA-TIME THAT THE JAZZ LOST ITS POTENCY grin grin

dont tell me u belong to the group of people that believe there is nothing like jazz in footie o . . . grin u never see ball wey dey enter net just take style stroll go do side-netting shocked grin

That match will go down as one of the matches I have ever watched describable as tension-soaked, entertaining and memorably superb !

seriously I refuse to use any other phrase than to say THEY WERE AT PAR . . .dont u get it ? our boys and theirs played what u could have easily termed THRILLER IN TUNIS grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 1:46am On Jan 27, 2010
Aaah, Dr Kitaun my good friend don come again o. . . . .that your jazz story about the coincidence of rain falling simultaneously in Tunis and Lagos at extra-time during the match is true. . . . .but I don't think it had anything to do with the outcome of the match.

True! That match is my all time favourite Cup of Nations match. Na real thriller in Tunis.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by kaypumpin2(m): 2:22am On Jan 27, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

@Kay

that reminds me . . .shebi u talk say a couple of your siblings go my school ? ask them naw ! rain fall for Naija, still fall for Tunis, am not joking !!! IT WASNT UNTIL RAIN FELL TOWARDS THE END OF EXTRA-TIME THAT THE JAZZ LOST ITS POTENCY grin grin

dont tell me u belong to the group of people that believe there is nothing like jazz in footie o . . . grin u never see ball wey dey enter net just take style stroll go do side-netting shocked grin

Jazz. . . If it is truly in existence in SPORT,why is Africa not winning the WORLD CUP every year undecided Why is Bash Ali not still Bendely "insured"? grin You dey see those chinko girls wey dey do gymnasitic shey?why our own winch no dey fly like 'em for Olympics? tongue grin Togo(and indeed most francophone countries in Africa) should be super a super power if there is a superstitious panacea to football setback.

Jazz ko,fuji ni.

That match will go down as one of the matches I have ever watched describable as tension-soaked, entertaining and memorably superb !
Give me that Nigeria-Algeria match at Maroc 88 anytime anyday.Who can forget Bright Omokaro's(10/10) challenge on that stupid Algerian player after one of his colleague(what is Ademola Adeshina?) had been sent off shocked cheesy

seriously I refuse to use any other phrase than to say THEY WERE AT PAR . . .dont u get it ? our boys and theirs played what u could have easily termed THRILLER IN TUNIS grin
My own be say we beat them cool

PS:Got your drift as per Cameroon and undue advantage in African football,do you remember the penalty that never was in Maroc 88 final and that Nwosu goal that was unduly canceled?
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by DrKitaun(m): 2:53am On Jan 27, 2010
omode o mo ogun o n pe l'efo . . .ok o lipsrsealed

me i believe say jazz dey in footie, i see am life no be say dem say !!! even where i serve for Ogoni land sef, i still encounter am, tell me something I dont know

@Kay

as per Maroc 88, seriously Okwaraji was phenomenal and Nwosu was out of this world, TaRILA Okorowanta, Humphrey Edobor, Bright Omokaro, Sunday Eboigbe, Yisa Sofoluwe et al were simply marvelous . . .remember those were the days we even had a lot of super, i repeat super goalkeepers even young chaps then . . .Angus Ikeji, Lemmy ISA, Ngodigha, . . .in the Nigerian League Ishaya Jatau was painting the league red with goals . . .I remember the cancelled goal and I remember the penalty that never was . . .I DON HATE CAMEROUN TEY TEY . . . grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 9:25am On Jan 27, 2010
Interesting conversation going on here, i love it.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by snakova(m): 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2010
Thriller in Tunis indeed. I still feel nostalgic abt it uptil now, knowing we would always equalise when they scored. Great game. wink
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by snakova(m): 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2010
@ Dr Kitaun
You are so highly talented and well versed. That was really a squad. Okwaraji Et al.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2010
Dr Kit is the Chief Nigerian Soccer Analyst. He was here even before this forum was created. grin

Boss I hail oo. cheesy
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 8:09pm On Jan 27, 2010
Yes. . . . .only thing be se he throws objectivity to the wind when it comes to Yakfatubu and Osaze.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by Jarus(m): 8:22pm On Jan 27, 2010
FBS:

Dr Kit is the Chief Nigerian Soccer Analyst. He was here even before this forum was created. grin

Boss I hail oo. cheesy
You know see how I just siddon dey watch. . . na just this u dey see. U neva see Kit and co analyse the Shooting stars, Stationery stores, Abiola babes matches etc of the 80's?

Those of us wey make our Soccer-following debut with USA 94 don go siddon  grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by kaypumpin2(m): 1:38am On Jan 28, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

omode o mo ogun o n pe l'efo . . .ok o lipsrsealed

me i believe say jazz dey in footie, i see am life no be say dem say !!! even where i serve for Ogoni land sef, i still encounter am, tell me something I dont know
The same jazz that can't make us World cup winners?Tell me i do know and is practical.Don't tell me you are one of the originators of the India/Nigeria match that never was  cheesy grin 

PS:If Jazz dey true true,a je pe won sa si omo alhaja ni yen(Baruwa) grin cos i still can't get my head around how that dude failed to cut it in the NT.

@Kay

as per Maroc 88, seriously Okwaraji was phenomenal and Nwosu was out of this world, TaRILA Okorowanta, Humphrey Edobor, Bright Omokaro, Sunday Eboigbe, Yisa Sofoluwe et al were simply marvelous . . .remember those were the days we even had a lot of super, i repeat super goalkeepers even young chaps then . . .Angus Ikeji, Lemmy ISA, Ngodigha, . . .in the Nigerian League Ishaya Jatau was painting the league red with goals . . .I remember the cancelled goal and I remember the penalty that never was . . .I DON HATE CAMEROUN TEY TEY . . . grin

While the 94 team(that Westerhoff started building from Algiers 90) had flair,the 88 team had grit and steel.Didnt Omokaro "took" the Algerian'sleg so as to make the number of players on the pitch even? grin

I could remember vividly that scorcher Sam(of blessed memory)scored against Cameroon at the prem stage  cool

And did you just mention those 2 smiling "keepers"? Lemmy and Angus.

Good ol' days isn't it?If our league then can boast of players like Moses Kpakor,Ishaya Jatau,Ajibade Babalade(to mention a few) staking their own in the national team inspite of the presence of the foreign based lads,how come it's not the same now  undecided
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2010
Africa Cup of Nations fixtures
Thursday, 28 January 2010

Ghana v Nigeria, SF, 17:00
Algeria v Egypt, SF, 20:30
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by allboyz(m): 2:00pm On Jan 28, 2010
9ja 4 finals!

4 -2
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 2:04pm On Jan 28, 2010
This match is going to end at 2 goals to 1, Who's wining? that i won't answer now.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by mukina2: 7:07pm On Jan 28, 2010
Honeric
nice prediction but you predicted wrong grin grin grin grin

chei oh this is embarrassing embarassed grin grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by allboyz(m): 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2010
SHYTE!!!! angry angry
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 8:20pm On Jan 28, 2010
@Muki

the players should have themselves to blame, well they should deal with the scar (an u-20 team beat 11 sets of senior national team professionals).

I don't want to ever see Yabuku in our green shirt again and if i see Nwaneri near the national team, i''ll go join mountain of fire because of him.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 28, 2010
honeric01:

@Muki
the players should have themselves to blame, well they should deal with the scar (an u-20 team beat 11 sets of senior national team professionals).
I don't want to ever see Yabuku in our green shirt again and if i see Nwaneri near the national team, i''ll go join mountain of fire because of him.
And what about the slowpoke that selected the said players?Did the players go to Angola by themselves?
I thought Amodu was the best thing to happen to Naija footie,according to your gang of "wise men" e.g sagamite (vacuum-headed fool with a false sense of know-it-all who knows NOTHING).When you were drafting all manner of formations,didn't I tell you Amodu would be there to mess it all up?It has taken Ghana's U-20 side to make you all look stupid for defending that slowpoke who I'm sure cannot feed himself even if his life depended on it,not to talk of think about selecting a decent starting 11 for Nigeria.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 9:29pm On Jan 28, 2010
Eastbay:

[b]And what about the slowpoke that selected the said players?[/b]Did the players go to Angola by themselves?
I thought Amodu was the best thing to happen to Naija footie,according to your gang of "wise men" e.g sagamite (vacuum-headed fool with a false sense of know-it-all who knows NOTHING).When you were drafting all manner of formations,didn't I tell you Amodu would be there to mess it all up?It has taken Ghana's U-20 side to make you all look silly for defending that slowpoke who I'm sure cannot feed himself even if his life depended on it,not to talk of think about selecting a decent starting 11 for Nigeria.
Thank you Eastbay and this has always been my point.
The coach that selected them has a part to play (he defo should shoulder some if not most of the blame)
Same goes to the players who failed to live up to expectation.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 9:30pm On Jan 28, 2010
Meanwhile. . .

Egypt 1 - 0 Algeria

End of first half.

Algeria reduced to 10 men.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Please Return My Money” – 16-year-old Boy Who Used School Fees To Stake Bet / Dominic Dukudod Is Dead! Don K Slumps And Dies While Warming Up For Match / Top Ten Strongest Footballers As At 2015-2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.